• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

Spent
ViolaSebastian
40 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I wonder what their fresh fruit and vegetable intake looks like.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's pretty dismal. I recall that meal she made involving pot roast, carrots, and potatoes--iirc, there were dismally few carrots for the number of people there. 

bird
1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, I'm taking a day off and I've become obsessed with this thing. It's not a lubricant, it's like a bag full of substance that supposedly makes it easier to detect lumps? But no can do, apparently Plexus invoked the name of the American Cancer Society, and the ACS told them to fuck right off with that nonsense.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/plexus-breast-chek/

Unbelievable! Is this legal? If so, how can it be? I do love the name Evelyn though. 

Waffle Time
FeministShrew
Posted (edited)

I predict a triple courtship and Rodling #14.
By the end of the year there will be a triple wedding for Tim, Nurie, & (andKaylee) and their chosen partners, with David & a heavily pregnant Jill taking up most of the ceremony with their vow renewal. The girls will be in their grifted wedding dresses, but Jill will be wearing a brand-new, white, sparkly, fluffy wedding dress with a long-sleeved black tshirt underneath for modesty. 
No food at the Pamper Mama party reception, but lots of Plexus samples as favors.

I doubt Jill cooks much. I bet everyone in that house has to fend for themselves, especially in the RV. David probably has his stash of Daddy-only snacks, & the kids just eat whatever they can fix for themselves, like cereal, sandwiches, or ramen noodles. I'd like to think David goes out for pizza or fast food for everyone sometimes. Maybe telling Jill he was going for pizza while she's filming is his passive-aggressive way of saying "fuck you" to her for not cooking. 
I also doubt the kids even get instant oatmeal. Most likely just dry cereal or poptarts. 

I know we've said David seems checked out, but I think Jill is the one who really checked out a long time ago. It's Jill's world & the everyone else is just an accessory.
Those poor kids.
Sorry, I'm feeling extra bitchy today.

Edited by FeministShrew
added a thought
  • Upvote 27
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

Kelsey
Posted (edited)

I have an RV that is marketed to sleep 10. Most of the spaces they count as sleeping spaces, you wouldn't want to sleep in for more than 1 night, tops. The main bed is very comfortable- it's a king sized sleep number. The remaining spaces- not so much.

We have made full holiday dinners in our RV for 10 adults and had leftovers. I mean real holiday dinners too, not a Maxwell holiday dinner. We have also baked cakes to serve 30 in our RV (potluck). Now of course, we don't do this on a daily basis but we both have full time jobs (and no daughters to pawn off the house work on). 

Our weekly shopping list includes many fruits and veggies. When we have long term visits from kids, we do buy a ton of fruit that doesn't need to be refrigerated (apples, bananas, oranges) but generally we usually buy 9 bell peppers per week, 4 pounds of baby carrots, bags of lettuce and spinach, containers of sliced mushrooms, 2-3 cartons of berries, 1 melon and 1 pineapple, yogurts, and eggs which need to be refrigerated. It is possible for normal people to eat healthy in an RV. It would be much harder with a rod sized family, but I doubt they eat the fresh food like we do. They probably eat more Duggar style- cans and processed. 

Regarding the tanks, there are many places that you can dump your tanks for free or $5 usually. Many rest areas, gas stations, city parks, and sewer treatment facilities are dump stations. You can also pay a small fee and dump at any campground you come across. I would also think that they do the majority of their toileting in public rest areas and reserve theirs for at night. Showers are probably taken inside the churches or in the camp bathrooms or people's homes whenever possible. I think David would have a difficult time showering in the RV especially if their shower has a door rather than a curtain. 

As far as seatbelts, while there are 10 sleeping positions advertised- there are only 6 seatbelts in our RV and none of them should be used with a car seat. In my opinion, only two of them are actually useful because the other 4 you'd be sitting on surfaces that are not fully bolted to the chassis (the seat belts themselves are). For this reason, we only use the two front seats to transport. Any more than two people and we'd drive our car rather than towing it.

Another problem they would have is that most campgrounds have a limit on the number of people per site. It's usually about 8 but I have seen it as low as 6. All KOA campgrounds have limits and they are an expensive option for a site ime so I was very surprised that the Rods stayed there.

ETA: if they are at a site with full hookups (water, electric, and sewer) you would just leave your grey tank open and the water would run right out so the tank would never get full. The toilet flushes into what's called a black tanks and it cannot be left open otherwise all the liquid would drain out and you'd end up with a poop pyramid. You need water, time, and enzymes to break up the solids (toilet paper, poop). We generally empty out black tank once a week. With that many people, you'd fill it up daily and there wouldn't be enough time for it to be broken down so they probably limit it's use and only pee in there (and either don't wipe or throw the tissue in the trash rather than flush so there are no solids to break up) and poop only in emergency. 

Edited by Kelsey
Add more tank info
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 23

Antipatriarch

I've only recently gotten introduced to the Rods at FJ and read some the story. This is probably old ground to most of you, but when I see pictures of these dear girls, I really get angry with Jill. If she is shaming them into thinness, when I hear say she loves that her daughters have "the kind of figures guys like," if they are not providing them proper nutrition through being too lazy to cook, or too lazy to work hard to earn enough money, or as a means of control, or whatever... fuck. that. noise. That is not how you lovingly parent your children. Gah! 😠

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10

Petronella
31 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

By the end of the year there will be a triple wedding for Tim, Nurie, & (andKaylee) and their chosen partners, with David & a heavily pregnant Jill taking up most of the ceremony with their vow renewal. The girls will be in their grifted wedding dresses, but Jill will be wearing a brand-new, white, sparkly, fluffy wedding dress with a long-sleeved black tshirt underneath for modesty. 
No food at the Pamper Mama party reception, but lots of Plexus samples as favors.

Hahaha. That is hilariously amazing.

31 minutes ago, FeministShrew said:

I know we've said David seems checked out, but I think Jill is the one who really checked out a long time ago. It's Jill's world & the everyone else is just an accessory.
Those poor kids.

And that is enormously profound. Yes, Jill is very BUSY. But absolutely "checked out" and passive when it comes to the bread and butter of parenting.

HarryPotterFan
1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

poop pyramid

From now on I’m calling Plexus a Poop pyramid scheme 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 34
  • Love 1

FleeJanaFree

Triple courtship?! No. I refuse to believe they conned three people at once to nearly-marry into their circus of insanity.

I think the plexus guess is extremely plausible (ive seen MLMers on facebook use this exact tactic- tune in at x date for an exciting announcement! People think they'll announce a new job/pregnancy, etc and boom nope they're willing to sell you wine EVERY month!)

I don't think Jill is pregnant. She can't keep that to herself for weeks.

But I do think its possible one of the kids really is courting. (And if so, their parents were smart enough to insist on Jill being quiet for x amount of time...they probably saw how it worked out with Nurie.) I hope it's Kaylee, to a kind, age-appropriate man that lives far away, if someone's courting.

Tired
clueliss

As much as I would love for any of JRod's oldest three to escape the insanity that is the Rodriquii - it's probably Plexis related.  

quiversR4hunting

@Kelsey thanks for the RV rundown! 

Almost every time we talk about sleeping arrangements on the RV, I go out to busforsale.com and see what would be better for the family.

Found the perfect one - 9 bunks (!) still has a queen bed and in the bedroom, it has a little couch with booth. They could remove the table and fit a pack-n-play and leave the "couch" in the bedroom for the 2nd little one to sleep on. Or create the seating in the bedroom into a bench bed for the 2 little ones (equipped with that thing that prevents kids from rolling out of bed). 

Honestly, the perfect thing for these kids would be to sell the existing RV, stay at home, have the kids consistently do schoolwork (hopefully with a church co-op) and have the teens get paying jobs so they can start saving for their future married life (because this will still be what Jilly teaches but at least they would be going in with a job and possible work ethic to provide for their family). 

Spoiler

layout.jpg.fcb5a1a3810d339707636b7523590df3.jpg

bedroom.jpg.20087532bce689bd54d6460ed6e86a76.jpg

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Alice in Fundieland
1 hour ago, FeministShrew said:

The bridal showers will turn into pamper mama baby showers and Jill will go into labor at the reception. 

OhNoNike
2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

With that many people, you'd fill it up daily...

And what if everyone was on the colon cleaning Plexus?

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 5
  • Haha 11

waltraute

Exactly who would be paying for these hypothetical weddings?

Waffle Time
catlady
2 minutes ago, waltraute said:

Not David.  Jill will take her Plexus cash and buy herself a white dress, hair flowers, perfume, and sparkly jewelry.  then she will cry poor so the in-laws will assemble baloney-and-olive hors d'oeuvres on toothpicks* while her minister donates his time and his church.  

*reminiscent of the fare at Cherin's reception that the ladies prepared without the benefit of hairnets.

Closed Womb
10 minutes ago, waltraute said:

GFM suckers?  It’s worked for the Rodrugii already 🤷‍♀️

OhNoNike

They already have the wedding dresses.  

meee

I didn't think of a triple courtship. That would be awesome, if only because I'd hate for two of them to be left out/embarrassed as others have said. (And it's that many of them getting out ASAP!)

Actually, I keep changing my mind on which one I think is most likely. I'm like, "Timothy just moved away, that must be courtship related! It must be baby #14, that's the only thing that's actually likely given how much she seems to scare other people away! No wait, it has to be Nurie, because she won't let them court out of order! Except there's all this talk about their farmer friend so it must be Kaylee!" haha I'm ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

Closed Womb

Wait...home for two weeks?  Does this...yes, I think this means Grandma Duggar’s funeral is free from unapproved live stream, matching T-shirts, and coffin selfies. 

Praise Beansie! 

Rufus Bless!  

Amen.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 25
  • Haha 1

Waffle Time
FeministShrew
1 hour ago, waltraute said:

Plexus & a Go-to-Me Fund, of course! Plenty of paydays between now & then.

I honestly hope none of that comes true, btw. I hope Tim permanently loses his phone and Nurie & Kaylee take off in that grifted car like Thelma & Louise the day Kaylee turns 18.

HarryPotterFan
1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

Wait...home for two weeks?  Does this...yes, I think this means Grandma Duggar’s funeral is free from unapproved live stream, matching T-shirts, and coffin selfies. 

Praise Beansie! 

Rufus Bless!  

Amen.

Good. Nobody deserves some asshole showing up at a loved one’s funeral.

Tired
Whooping_Butt
5 hours ago, Mar said:

Whoever said that Jill was becoming a parody of herself was right! Reading this made me think it was a comedy show someone based on Jill and her family. I’ve highlighted the parts that I found especially ridiculous. BTW thank you @littlemommy for your awesome recaps!

While discussing RV camping with a friend yesterday I mentioned the Rod Pod and some of Jill’s antics. My friend asked if this was a TV show. 

nausicaa
2 hours ago, waltraute said:

Jill always manages to find money (read: mooch) for the "important" things in her life. 

So, really, it all comes down to how important the weddings are to her. It could go two ways: Jill's not the bride so Nurie can go get married on a Wednesday morning in a carport during a thunderstorm in a hand-me-down dress* with five guests there for all she cares, or else it's an EXTRAVANGAZAY OF JILL! 

*No disrespect to people who got married in carports on Wednesday mornings. I'm sure your weddings were still 10x classier than anything Jill has ever done. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

DangerNoodle

Have we really wraped our heads around the fact that there's a family willing to accept the Rods as in-laws?

What if the future mother-in-law is equally as crazy as Jill? Then we will have two women trying to make the wedding all about them. There will be no less than three GoFundMes shared. There could be more than two dozen kids wearing outlandish wedding guest attire. One of the families could be walking out of this wedding having grifted a boat, a vacation or a new roof. The possibilities are endless. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Teaistheway
5 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

I predict a triple courtship and Rodling #14

I hope you're wrong about a pregnancy but right about the courtships.  Otherwise Jill has embarrassed her own kids and if the whole thing is about Plexus it's shameful behaviour. Surely, even Jill wouldn't stoop so low...

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Naga Viper
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Whooping_Butt said:

While discussing RV camping with a friend yesterday I mentioned the Rod Pod and some of Jill’s antics. My friend asked if this was a TV show. 

No TV exec would buy the Rods as a TV pitch. "It's all so ridiculous. The mother character in particular requires a complete suspension of disbelief. And I watched this last season of Riverdale. Which featured a tree monster."

Every time I see the thread title, I can't help thinking it's almost like a Harry Potter incantation. Except instead of conjuring up a Patronus, it summons a green-eyelinered Dementor.

Edited by Naga Viper
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1