• Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

marshmallow

Ya can't make that stuff up, any of it.

Thanks for the recap, @Lurky!

quiversR4hunting
9 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*She was on Zoom last night with her Plexus team and a new lady joined them. New Lady has a bunch of kids and babyweight she wants to lose--Jill pauses her speech to call out every viewer by name, so remember to be *very* careful if you watch Jill's videos live!!! Anyway New Lady is exhausted and desperate and the perfect mark for a Plexus scam. She had "severe detoxing" the first couple days--full of poison, Jill says. New Lady was foaming at the mouth and everything (yes, Jill says this), but now is feeling much better.

if a person is "full of poison" may I suggest they go to the hospital? New Lady, the only thing Plexus did for you for 2 days was equivalent to a colonoscopy prep. Geez. 

10 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Plexus cured Ma Turtleneck's hand warts. Cured Jill's fungus-y toenail that had been fungus-y for ten years. It has also cured New Lady.

so now a drink can cure warts?! And toenail fungus...hmm Jill have you ever thought of stopping the use of nail polish and letting your nails heal because under all that polish they aren't getting air?!

11 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*Joyome fills in wrinkles.

so it is spackle? No thanks. 

12 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*The Rods are going to be home for 2 weeks, the longest stretch of home time since January.

That is so sad. And Jilly remind me again why you have a house? 

13 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*Jill shows us her shelves full of Plexus products.

any bets this is her mandatory reorder so she can remain a consultant? 

JermajestyDuggar
22 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Jill rips a package of Plexus open with her teeth. She accidentally inhales some of the powder, coughs, and then exclaims how good it tastes even that way

Man I wish I could watch that part. It even tastes great in your lungs! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 1

Petronella
23 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

David stage whispers that he's going to get a pizza.

Unless he is picking up several pizzas for the whole family, I am FILLED WITH RAGE.

23 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

*The Rods are going to be home for 2 weeks, the longest stretch of home time since January.

I agree with @quiversR4hunting. This is tragic. I would LOSE MY MIND living like this.

25 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Now she's going to drink some Plexus from a cup shaped like a pineapple. Yellow is her favorite color. She's also hoping to win a trip to Hawaii with David from Plexus. Jill rips a package of Plexus open with her teeth. She accidentally inhales some of the powder, coughs, and then exclaims how good it tastes even that way. 

Hahahahahahaha! Oh my Lord. @littlemommy, your way with words is magnificent.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Gimme a Free RV

In the video, she talked about the now-Plexus user who, before, couldn't even walk out to the barn with her children.  It made me wonder if the kids ran into the house, shouting: "Mom! Come out to the barn!  Quick!  The roosters are walking arm in arm!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 47
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
34 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

David stage whispers that he's going to get a pizza.

*A* pizza?  As in ONE pizza?  For the eleven people in that house who eat solid food?  Wanna bet that the one pizza is just for Deadbeat David?

And a two week stretch at home for the first time this year?  I can't even handle that information; it's heartbreaking for those kids.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 17

Spent
ViolaSebastian
3 hours ago, meee said:

Where did you see that? The last update I see on the FB page is from over a month ago.

I’m on a closed Facebook group that reposts her stuff. 

Petronella
2 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

And a two week stretch at home for the first time this year?  I can't even handle that information; it's heartbreaking for those kids.

We had two long weekends of travel this month, and the rest of our summer will just be at home. I'm blissful over it.

I know many people love travel (and I used to, when I was in my twenties) but now I'm an introverted homebody. Living "on the road" seems just hellish to me. Clearly Jill enjoys it, and maybe it had been her dream as a homeschooled child, but how awful for those of her children who have a natural need for space, routine, and quietness. I mean, they don't even get that *in their house* but it has to be better than the RV.

Then again, I don't get how Jill can stand the RV either. I know she's selfish, I know she craves an audience and needs to travel to get one, but HOW can that RV be comfortable for any of them? Even with her and David getting the bed, how can that be comfortable? Every night it's a floor full of bodies! It must look like a horror movie, bodies lying across every surface! And that many people sharing one bathroom. The whole thing just makes me feel sick.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 13

Spent
ViolaSebastian

Looks like Breast Chek is indeed a product. A $35 product to help increase the sensitivity of one’s monthly breast self-exam. A lubricant, I guess?

715A924E-8B65-4700-A773-7F9E2C2BB823.png

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 30
  • Thank You 5

littlemommy
15 minutes ago, Okie_Bokie said:

*A* pizza?  As in ONE pizza?  For the eleven people in that house who eat solid food?  Wanna bet that the one pizza is just for Deadbeat David?

He actually used “the”. The pizza. I just really struggle to paraphrase something that simple. ;) So “The Pizza” can imply a large quantity (hopefully).

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 17

Petronella
1 minute ago, littlemommy said:

He actually used “the”. The pizza. I just really struggle to paraphrase something that simple. ;) So “The Pizza” can imply a large quantity (hopefully).

I hope so! Thanks for clarifying.

Gimme a Free RV
5 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Then again, I don't get how Jill can stand the RV either. I know she's selfish, I know she craves an audience and needs to travel to get one, but HOW can that RV be comfortable for any of them? Even with her and David getting the bed, how can that be comfortable? Every night it's a floor full of bodies! It must look like a horror movie, bodies lying across every surface! And that many people sharing one bathroom. The whole thing just makes me feel sick.

I continue to wonder how they are getting away with this, legally.  I don't know if there are laws about passenger capacity in RVs but this surely can't be safe, logistically.  Without Timothy, there are 13 pottying humans using one bathroom. If the tank gets too full/overflows...YUCK!  Does CPS have any jurisdiction over a traveling "home"?  With Jill's uber-concern about modesty and propriety, it's hard to imagine that she lets all the kids--pubescent and pre-schoolers--sleep in such close quarters.  Eons ago, when I was a preschool teacher, according to the health code at the time, we had to stagger the kids' positions at naptime, meaning that they had to lie head to toe so that no two kids were head to head, breathing in each other's faces.

Alice in Fundieland
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I would LOVE to see Jill as mother of the bride planning a wedding it would be the shit show snark fest of our dreams 

I think it would even top the Chelsy and John Maxwell live-streamed wedding with the vasectomy reversal speech. 

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
wrong wedding
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
Mela99
:isp.ani:what if it's a courtship to a Duggar and she can't announce due to TLC regulations. Counting On sure would get interesting for once!

I question if Jill could keep quiet even under contract. If one of her kids landed a Duggar I think she would spontaneously combust.
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 16

Spent
ViolaSebastian

Okay, I'm taking a day off and I've become obsessed with this thing. It's not a lubricant, it's like a bag full of substance that supposedly makes it easier to detect lumps? But no can do, apparently Plexus invoked the name of the American Cancer Society, and the ACS told them to fuck right off with that nonsense.

The Breast Chek kit, according to Plexus, helps women find lumps more easily when performing self-exams through its “sensory touch magnification.” The product’s label claims it is “recommended by Doctors and Nurses.” This month, the company says, it will donate 25 percent of profits from all sales of the kit to the American Cancer Society.

But let’s stop there and unpack some of the claims made by Plexus regarding this self-exam kit. Plexus may be donating proceeds of sales to the American Cancer Society (ACS) and ACS is indeed promoting breast cancer awareness but it is not “teaming up” or in “partnership” with Plexus despite such claims found on social media.

Evelyn Barella, ACS’s director of media relations, said that after being alerted to the issue by TINA.org it has requested that Plexus “discontinue using our name in association with promotion of this product.”

Barella also said that ACS “does not recommend breast self-examination as any early detection method for breast cancer because evidence does not show that regular breast self-exams help reduce deaths from breast cancer.” Nor does ACS endorse any product or service.

While Plexus also claims that the patented kit is “Recommended by Doctors and Nurses,” it provides no specifics on its website about exactly who is doing the recommending. Several distributors point to the fact that the product was featured on the syndicated daytime television show “The Doctors” as a selling point.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/plexus-breast-chek/

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 1

Wine time!
Bajovane

I can see Jillybean insisting on not only being the matron of honor,  but wearing her own wedding gown and doing a vow renewal at her own daughter's wedding.   She will never allow anyone steal the limelight.   

quiversR4hunting
Posted (edited)

RE: Picking up the pizza. So my husband is large, he will easily eat 1/2 of a large pizza in one sitting. Our 3 daughters and I will eat equivalent to 1 pizza in one sitting. So we order 2 large pizzas and have a couple slices left over. So that is 5 people. Assuming the Rod family eats like my family, they would need 4 large pizzas. 

I took the opportunity to google pizza in Sissonville. we have 3 choices, Gino's Pizza, Hussons Pizza & Pizza Hut.

Gino's pizza specials -  16" pizza 2 toppings with 10 wings for $18 add a large 1 topping for $6.99 or a large 2 topping for $10 or a Large 4 topping for $11. Going with the first special $18+(3x6.99)=$38.97. Or if the purchased 4 one topping pizzas it would be $27.96. (But I am willing to bet David is a meat lovers type pizza so he would want at least 1 with 4 toppings so he could have ham, sausage, pepperoni and bacon or hamburg.) 

Hussons Pizza specials - They have a family feast - 18" pepperoni pizza, 10 bread stix w/sauce, 1 2-liter, 50 cinnamon bites and a large ham & cheese salad for $29.99 they could do this and add 2 large 1 topping pizza for an additional $15.99 (did less pizza because of the salad and bread stix, sometimes my kids only eat bread sticks with sauce) $61.97

Pizza Hut special - has a large 2 topping (online ordering only) for $7.99.  4 pizzas = $31.96

they could have fed the family fairly inexpensively by going the pizza route. I just hope they bought more than 1. Another voice inside my head says, they are missionaries, always begging for money, should they be ordering out? 

BTW the family feast by Hussons looks good. Gino's food also looks good, they also have sub grinders, pasta, and a couple salads and wings.  

Edited by quiversR4hunting
bold the final prices. setting/sitting

FunFunFundie
8 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Pizza Hut special - has a large 2 topping (online ordering only) for $7.99.  4 pizzas = $31.96

We do the $7.99 deal once a week, when we have multiple gymnastics classes and have to be at the gym for 4 hours. I don't eat any of it, and it is plenty of food for my three kids (9, 5, and 2) who have been exercising; we almost always have enough left over for the next day. If I were solely looking at cost, it would be cheaper to go this route maybe even than eating at home, it's basically 1.50 per kid per meal. I could make pizza at home, probably for a little less, but the kids wouldn't like it as much and wouldn't eat as much. Also, if you have an account, you can build up points for an eventual free pizza, so that brings the cost down more. 

Pizza's not a great choice for nutritional purposes (although it's not as bad as eating cheesecake for dinner, which is what my kids are constantly hoping will happen), but in terms of eating out, it's a pretty affordable option.

Antipatriarch
11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

FUCK. THOSE. THINGS.

Well, then you probably don't want to watch... this:

Spoiler

wallysmommy

I'm betting the 3 older girls do not even eat a whole slice of pizza each because Jill guilts them so much about their weight.  The boys are free to eat, then we come to the littles -- they don't eat that much either probably, so that leaves a lot of pizza for Big Daddy David.  Jill takes a slice, scrapes off the good stuff, and pours Plexus powder over it to cancel out any calories.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 4

Alisamer
12 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

they could have fed the family fairly inexpensively by going the pizza route. I just hope they bought more than 1. Another voice inside my head says, they are missionaries, always begging for money, should they be ordering out? 

I have no problem with them getting pizza occasionally for dinner, and (assuming they get enough for everyone) I'm sure the kids probably enjoy it. However, this made me ask 2 questions:

1) Why is Jill filming for Facebook exactly at dinnertime? Did they choose to have pizza ahead of time, or did she spend so long primping for the video that David gave up and called the pizza place?

2) What exactly are the kids eating on the road if they've been gone so much? I grew up camping, as a family of 5, and we did not go out to eat much - but we always ate outside under the awning unless it was ridiculously cold. We did lots of sandwiches and things that didn't need real cooking, or else grilled out. Most RV ovens are about the size of a medium-to-small microwave, the microwave is usually about the same size as is the freezer, the refrigerator is about 2/3 to 1/2 the size of a regular one, and the cabinets are smaller than normal kitchen cabinets (plus the Rods took out a couple cabinets to make a baby cage). Even in new nicer RVs with slide-outs and kitchen islands, you can generally stand in the kitchen and reach everything you need to cook without taking more than one step maximum. Cooking can heat up an RV pretty quickly, and that's without 12 people crammed in there.

I know they usually get fed by the churches they visit, but how do they do the rest of the time? Eat in shifts? Live off sandwiches? 

quiversR4hunting
12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I have no problem with them getting pizza occasionally for dinner, and (assuming they get enough for everyone) I'm sure the kids probably enjoy it. However, this made me ask 2 questions:

1) Why is Jill filming for Facebook exactly at dinnertime? Did they choose to have pizza ahead of time, or did she spend so long primping for the video that David gave up and called the pizza place?

2) What exactly are the kids eating on the road if they've been gone so much? I grew up camping, as a family of 5, and we did not go out to eat much - but we always ate outside under the awning unless it was ridiculously cold. We did lots of sandwiches and things that didn't need real cooking, or else grilled out. Most RV ovens are about the size of a medium-to-small microwave, the microwave is usually about the same size as is the freezer, the refrigerator is about 2/3 to 1/2 the size of a regular one, and the cabinets are smaller than normal kitchen cabinets (plus the Rods took out a couple cabinets to make a baby cage). Even in new nicer RVs with slide-outs and kitchen islands, you can generally stand in the kitchen and reach everything you need to cook without taking more than one step maximum. Cooking can heat up an RV pretty quickly, and that's without 12 people crammed in there.

I know they usually get fed by the churches they visit, but how do they do the rest of the time? Eat in shifts? Live off sandwiches? 

I too do not begrudge them getting it occasionally but, as you pointed out, they are always on the road. And Jilly almost never talks about making dinner (unless it is a holiday) which makes me think they get take out a lot

We have all made guesses, based on her posts, that the churches they visit feed them dinner. So for breakfast I bet it is instant oatmeal packets (not bad choice), pop tarts or dry cereal. Lunch, I bet ramen noodles (feeds a lot for cheap) and/or sandwiches. 

I wonder what their fresh fruit and vegetable intake looks like. As you pointed out the fridge can only hold so much in an RV. a 2lb bag of baby carrots take up space and would only last 1 or 2 meals with that many people. (at some of the church dinners I have seen the kids with raw veggies on their plates so that is good!)

Mar
3 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I don't drink coffee or tea or Plexus or anything, so I will use the latest Jill video to wake me up this morning.

*Oh, it's a Pleximony! What a TREAT! How UNUSUAL! How outside her norm! I surely never foresaw that she would talk about Plexus!

*She was on Zoom last night with her Plexus team and a new lady joined them. New Lady has a bunch of kids and babyweight she wants to lose--Jill pauses her speech to call out every viewer by name, so remember to be *very* careful if you watch Jill's videos live!!! Anyway New Lady is exhausted and desperate and the perfect mark for a Plexus scam. She had "severe detoxing" the first couple days--full of poison, Jill says. New Lady was foaming at the mouth and everything (yes, Jill says this), but now is feeling much better.

*Jill says that she knows people think she inflates her claims because she just wants to sell Plexus (yes, Jill, that's what we all do think!!), but this is true y'all. Plexus cured Ma Turtleneck's hand warts. Cured Jill's fungus-y toenail that had been fungus-y for ten years. It has also cured New Lady. 

*The video cuts out and resumes. The connection in Jill's house is really 'fuss-trating'. Indeed. Jill goes outside to resume her video and then back in--Snuggles follows her both times. David stage whispers that he's going to get a pizza. Jill gets distracted and starts talking about lotion, aborting her previous thought abruptly. 

*Joyome fills in wrinkles. She says she has furrows in her brows because she "speaks with intensity". Now she's going to drink some Plexus from a cup shaped like a pineapple. Yellow is her favorite color. She's also hoping to win a trip to Hawaii with David from Plexus. Jill rips a package of Plexus open with her teeth. She accidentally inhales some of the powder, coughs, and then exclaims how good it tastes even that way. 

*The Rods are going to be home for 2 weeks, the longest stretch of home time since January. Jill talks about giving Janessa a bath (which someone recapped earlier). Jill sucks the rest of the Plexus powder off the package. it will regulate your blood sugar and get rid of yeast! She sucks the package again. She looks like an addict. We are treated to an extended shot of Jill stirring Plexus in her cup with a  fork.

*A small child's voice pipes up with a question. I thought it might be Janessa and thought "Wow, she can already talk a bit!" No, it was Sophia. I was...surprised. Jill babytalks back and picks up Sophia. Jill reminds us to raise our children for Jesus, and if we don't have the energy to do that, to drink Plexus. 

*Jill shows us her shelves full of Plexus products. There's something called "Breast Chek" (sic) that I hope is a reminder card and not a product of some sort. Jill also uses essential oils and some other MLM hair care products from friends that sell. Jill has a goal to give more to others, like missionaries, and be more of a giver than a receiver. (LOLOLOLOLOL!!!)

*She ends on a shot of Sophia with her finger stuck in her mouth, looking very wan and tired. I hope that kid is just naturally that sallow looking. The end.

Whoever said that Jill was becoming a parody of herself was right! Reading this made me think it was a comedy show someone based on Jill and her family. I’ve highlighted the parts that I found especially ridiculous. BTW thank you @littlemommy for your awesome recaps!