• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Status Updates Bug Read more... ×
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

Spent
ViolaSebastian
9 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

@ViolaSebastian  The “Bud Righteous” nickname  needs acknowledgement.  Well done!  :handsex:   SEVERELY well done!  

I WISH WISH WISH it was me, but I believe it was @Beermeet all the way--she deserves the credit!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Waffle Time
Beermeet
1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I WISH WISH WISH it was me, but I believe it was @Beermeet all the way--she deserves the credit!

Yep, that was me :)  It was longer but I forget what I added already.  Hahahaha!

Who ever said it should be used in the Budweiser business deserves credit too!  Bud, Bud light, Bud righteous.  Lmao!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 5

Closed Womb
12 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Yep, that was me :)  It was longer but I forget what I added already.  Hahahaha!

Who ever said it should be used in the Budweiser business deserves credit too!  Bud, Bud light, Bud righteous.  Lmao!

My apologies!   Well done, @Beermeet  :handsex:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

SilverBeach
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Her mom was a community college dropout.

But is a total success nonetheless! Vocational testing didn't work for me, but I love when it does for someone else. I was (am) too much of a dilettante.

I know people making 50 grand or more  in office-based occupations, without a degree. It's possible. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Waffle Time
Beermeet
1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

My apologies!   Well done, @Beermeet  :handsex:

I was so hoping I'd get the purple dudes!!!!  They are my fav! TY :)

Waffle Time
Beermeet
1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

But is a total success nonetheless! Vocational testing didn't work for me, but I love when it does for someone else. I was (am) too much of a dilettante. 

Thanks for the $10 word!  I had to look that one up and I'm glad I did. Love me some new $10 words. Especially descriptive ones. I'm sure I've come across it, probably in a book. Never stuck.  Nice and I now I like that about you. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Dizzy
Dana723
1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Thanks for the $10 word!  I had to look that one up and I'm glad I did. Love me some new $10 words. Especially descriptive ones. I'm sure I've come across it, probably in a book. Never stuck.  Nice and I now I like that about you. :)

Hedley Lamarr:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart:
God darnit Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 24
  • Love 7

Waffle Time
Beermeet
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Dana723 said:

Hedley Lamarr:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Taggart:
God darnit Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

I hope this is to be said with a deep proper southern accent.  Because,  that is how I read it all 20 times. 

But, that's from a old cop movie, right?

Edited by Beermeet

Black Aliss
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I hope this is to be said with a deep proper southern accent.  Because,  that is how I read it all 20 times. 

Blazing Saddles

Spoiler

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

Ozlsn
2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I have to admit I read Taggart's dialogue in Mark McManus' Glaswegian accent. That was different...

Glasgowghirl
1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I have to admit I read Taggart's dialogue in Mark McManus' Glaswegian accent. That was different...

Spoiler

jim-taggart-theres-been-a-murder.jpg.6fc503983037c6a39ce83254072a9693.jpg

I had to post this, even though his character rarely if ever said this phrase, it became a saying that people associated with the show, even after Mark McManus died.

Conundrum

In response the to we truly know what carer path we will take by the age of 4. I can assure you ( at that age) I had no goals other then wanting to be a mother to a cold. I believe the was a direct result of the correct emotional,  and physiclallbabuse from my parents and how then sexual abuse from from a male family member (he was not gay; just a sick person." When I told parents are what happened they followed up with a few questions on when / where / how and then asked if in bad instigated his actions in any case way? I don't know my exact age and of the beginning but do know it's my earliest memory at around 3 years old.y Paronts questioned me a lot; (I feel it was I interrogation) and they told me to never say anything to anyone and to act normal when I was around him. At minimum once each week and was told I had to hug and kiss him, and even sit in his lap when he asked! I wanted to be a mother so I could do better than my parents. I did have two daughters and they have been tolerant times they DO NOT have to hug, kiss, converse with anyone and even though they are still children they deserve the same respect as an adult and the they have to give hugs or kisses to adults. Their bodies are their own and they have every right to refuse affection of any sort from anyone. 

Now, about my two girls whom are going off to college in two years. One, since she was five wants to be a surgeon and has been working towards that goal in various ways and through a medical program at their evil Catholic school. I have explained to her on numerous occasions she doesn't have to be a sergeon to medically help others. she didnt buy it, she wants to be quite sergeon on The other daughter is quite opposite. About 2 weeds agoago I noticed her looking at literature from an in state college and she mentioned to me " Mom!! This school has an excellent nursing program" after I asked her to  me more about it I was  thrilled she may finally looking for something th as t windmill interstate her! Unfortunately, if I ask for details  she would would see it as me pushing her and then daughter will pursue another major she may lile because she wants the decision to be entirely hers:  not influenced by or  even tell her she can change her mind at .  any time and we no one won u Mr be upset nor dissapointed with her. She is sticking to her plan to open people up and play with their "guts" 

Any advice to help me helpm her realize she can chose another field in t he medical, I'm all ears!

SweetLaurel
3 minutes ago, Conundrum said:

ny advice to help me helpm her realize she can chose another field in t he medical, I'm all ears!

Curious as to why you want her to choose another field?  I think that is amazing she wants to do that!  However, she will rotate between a lot of different  kinds of medicine while she's studying and she might find something she likes to do better, or she might not.  Let her try to achieve her dreams!   Good for you for raising 2 strong intelligent daughters!   

Conundrum
2 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Curious as to why you want her to choose another field?  I think that is amazing she wants to do that!  However, she will rotate between a lot of different  kinds of medicine while she's studying and she might find something she likes to do better, or she might not.  Let her try to achieve her dreams!   Good for you for raising 2 strong intelligent daughters!   

Thank you for the kind words! I don't think I chose my words well and it's too late to clarify and to correct the autocorrect errors. (I promise I proof read that but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. That is the only excuse I have so I'm sticking to it!) It's not that I want her to choose another field; I want her to know just because she has been saying this since she was in pre_K / kindergarten does not mean she is obligated to commit to a career as a surgeon. Her father and I will not be disappointed if she chose another career. Last school year she was accepted in duel enrollment program at her school (she was enrolled at a local college through her school for three classes and in her sophomore year she earned 9 college credits! By the time she graduates in another two years she will have (I believe) 27 college credits in addition to being a certified nursing assistant. (She tells me by doing this now while in high school and possibly working part time in the medical field during her undergrad years, it will only help her to be accepted into medical school. She has the GPA, the ambition, and the passion for it; I know she can accomplish this if its what she wants to continue. I just don't know how to let her know it's okay to change her mind without her think I don't believe she can accomplish her dream. 

I'm sure its obvious, these are more about my insecurities growing up than it is about her. 

My childhood was filled with emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. My parents didn't believe I could accomplish any of my goals and made damn sure I knew their low expectations and opinion of me. By the time I was 12 years old my goal was to get out of their house, and one month after 17th birthday I moved out and never had any regrets. I had my (twin) daughter's at 28 and promised them I would be the best mom I could be and I would always be in their biggest cheerleader, the one they could come to with anything, and I would always be in their corner.

I just fear will make the same mistake simply because I didn't have any examples to show me the right way to handle this. I ask for others opinions because sometimes a person can be too close to a situation and are not able to see the big picture. 

I honestly appreciate others opinions. I know most learn how to parent from their own parents or by observation of seeing others parent. I was left isolated so I was never around other parents whom I thought I would want to emulate.  I'm  swinging this parenting gig by the seat of my pants and often question of bin doing the right thing. 

Wine time!
Spanger

@Conundrum, I think it’s awesome that your daughter wants to be a surgeon and is working so hard to acheive her goal so that she can help others some day.  I’m not a parent myself, so feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think the best thing you can do is let her know that you beleive in her and that you are willing to listen and to help with her dreams, whatever they grow into.  It sounds like she has an amazing head start towards her goals, and like sweet laurel said, she may end up exploring other fields of medicine and picking a total different path while she is in school.

IDK, I think college is a great path for many people, it didn’t work out for me the way i/my parents thought it would.  I always encourage my nieces/nephews to continue education and not be like me, because it’s harder to make it in the world without college.  But, that said, there’s no rule that you have to base your life goals/satisfaction around your education or what job you have.  I have a huge garden and many crafty/handy hobbies that I enjoy, I consider these to be my ‘real interior life’.  My job is just how I pay my bills, it is not who I am as a person.  I think it’s great when people know what they want and work hard to acheive it!  It just doesn’t always have to be job/school.

^^Thats kind of my round-about way to say- if your dream as a kid was to be a good mother, it sounds like you are kicking butt in that department.  ;).  Maybe someday once your daughter has achieved her dream of becoming a surgeon, she’ll find a totally unrelated goal or passion that ends up being her next true life calling- yoga, ballroom dancing, volunteering at animal shelters, being an awesome mom herself- who knows.  Surgery is/will be only one facet of her future life.  Encourage her to continue to grow other hobbies and interests too, and make sure she knows you beleive in her ability to accomplish anything and everything she puts her mind to, and that you love her no matter what it is she chooses to pursue.

SweetLaurel
1 hour ago, Conundrum said:

) It's not that I want her to choose another field; I want her to know just because she has been saying this since she was in pre_K / kindergarten does not mean she is obligated to commit to a career as a surgeon. Her father and I will not be disappointed if she chose another career.

Oh - that one is easy, since she's not in college yet.  You tell her how great college is going to be and how fantastic it is going to be to explore all kinds of opportunites and to take advantage of them all!  And if she decides for sure surgery - yay her!  But who knows what could happen in college!  Some kids really are singularly focused, and  well, then there are kids like mine who all changed majors three times.   Just let her know you support her dreams, without saying  'and it better be a surgeon'.    She is doing all the right things - just be there and tell her   'you will be great at everything you try!   I'm so proud of you!'  If she's smart and determined enough to be a doctor, she is smart enough to know crap happens and things change.  I promise.  Big hug to you - you've done great.  Keep it up!  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

LilMissMetaphor

Untitled design.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 32
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

NoKidsAndCounting

The "Bud Righteous" nickname for Tim. LOL!  I picture someone called "Bud Righteous" as a guy stepping out of a smoke-filled RV with Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog.  Now I'm also picturing Tim Rod like that! 🤣

wallysmommy
1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Untitled design.png

OMG! I love Fawlty Towers.  I've used that dialogue about Lori Alexander.  I could hear LA yelling at Ken in the Sybil voice "Ken!  Ken!  Ken!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Caroline
3 hours ago, Conundrum said:

Thank you for the kind words! I don't think I chose my words well and it's too late to clarify and to correct the autocorrect errors. (I promise I proof read that but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. That is the only excuse I have so I'm sticking to it!) It's not that I want her to choose another field; I want her to know just because she has been saying this since she was in pre_K / kindergarten does not mean she is obligated to commit to a career as a surgeon. Her father and I will not be disappointed if she chose another career. Last school year she was accepted in duel enrollment program at her school (she was enrolled at a local college through her school for three classes and in her sophomore year she earned 9 college credits! By the time she graduates in another two years she will have (I believe) 27 college credits in addition to being a certified nursing assistant. (She tells me by doing this now while in high school and possibly working part time in the medical field during her undergrad years, it will only help her to be accepted into medical school. She has the GPA, the ambition, and the passion for it; I know she can accomplish this if its what she wants to continue. I just don't know how to let her know it's okay to change her mind without her think I don't believe she can accomplish her dream. 

I'm sure its obvious, these are more about my insecurities growing up than it is about her. 

My childhood was filled with emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. My parents didn't believe I could accomplish any of my goals and made damn sure I knew their low expectations and opinion of me. By the time I was 12 years old my goal was to get out of their house, and one month after 17th birthday I moved out and never had any regrets. I had my (twin) daughter's at 28 and promised them I would be the best mom I could be and I would always be in their biggest cheerleader, the one they could come to with anything, and I would always be in their corner.

I just fear will make the same mistake simply because I didn't have any examples to show me the right way to handle this. I ask for others opinions because sometimes a person can be too close to a situation and are not able to see the big picture. 

I honestly appreciate others opinions. I know most learn how to parent from their own parents or by observation of seeing others parent. I was left isolated so I was never around other parents whom I thought I would want to emulate.  I'm  swinging this parenting gig by the seat of my pants and often question of bin doing the right thing. 

I didn't grow up in the same challenging environment you did, but I was raised along with my three siblings by a single (fantastic, selfless) mom who was abandoned by my father.  She had a high school education, and all she wanted in life was to be married and have children.  She unfortunately married an abuser and an alcoholic (very damaged emotionally from fighting in WW2) who left for greener pastures when I was only five.  We grew up poor, but together.  I know what you mean about having to learn it all from others because you didn't have the best role models.  I have had to do a version of that with my marriage.  Fortunately, I have had some terrific role models in others and we have been happily married for 25 years and together for 35.  We have a 21 year old daughter who just graduated from college a month ago.   Her dream has always been to be a writer, and she has never wavered.  She's starting an MFA program in September, and even though we know that making lots of money is not in her immediate future we could never discourage her.   Your daughter will figure it all and be a happy and fulfilled person because it sounds like you are AWESOME and committed mom.  Congrats!  Also, most parents are parenting by the seats of their pants!  It's a hard job with no handbook.

pikapika
On 6/16/2019 at 6:17 PM, MayMay1123 said:

9 year old granddaughter wants to design and make clothes and shoes for cats when she grows up, so get ready for that everybody! She tries to get our cats to wear things she makes now, but they're really not having any of it. She has to keep practicing on dolls...but eventually, who knows!

Hey notdeadtim! Debt might be the only way you get to achieve your dreams, it's okay, I promise! It's better than failing and having to go home to mama and what's his face...

Your granddaughter's career idea rocks! and I would buy those clothes! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Dizzy
Plexus31Wife
16 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I guess Bud Righteous would be the alcohol free version, right? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

HarryPotterFan
20 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Re:  Father's Day Instagram post:

What the ever-lovin' hell, Jill?  That is about the most bizarre photo ever to post for Father's Day.  It's not cute.  It's not appropriate.  It has nothing to do with Father's Day.  You, Jill, did not need to be in it AT ALL.  It's just plain weird.  You and your thinking are a twisted mess, Jill.

I mean, it’s sort of related to Father’s Day because she’s showing us what happens before she makes him a dad again? :brainbleach:

16 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I’m just amused that BEERmeet came up with a BUDweiser nickname (I originally thought this last night but fell asleep when I was about to post)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Georgiana
2 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

The "Bud Righteous" nickname for Tim. LOL!  I picture someone called "Bud Righteous" as a guy stepping out of a smoke-filled RV with Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog.  Now I'm also picturing Tim Rod like that! 🤣

I picture Bud Righteous as a sort of modern fundie Uncle Rico who lives in a camper van in the middle of some field making facebook live videos alternating between bragging on how he's debt free for Jesus and begging for money for his latest Go Fund Me.  Whenever he's in a social setting, he uses it and his connections to push whatever MLM or harebrained scam he's currently on to make a quick buck (for Jesus, of course).  In my head canon he is also a fundie social climber and sometimes drives his camper van to events hosted by his "good friend" Patch the Pirate that he was not truly invited to.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • Love 4

Happy
PennySycamore

@Beermeet,  I suppose that Blazing Saddles could be considered a cop movie since the main character is Sheriff Bart, played by Cleavon Little.   It's not a film noir though which often have cops (the more corrupt the better) as characters.