• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

NoKidsAndCounting

I figured the camera belonged to his cousin as well.  Maybe?

EmmieJ
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

I would say, at the very least, it should be far, far less expensive than it is right now to go to a community college or public university. IMHO, part of this is that college students are paying  for administrators' salaries, fancy buildings, and sports venues. Either that, or we have to start adjusting expectations and economics to make it so that a person can survive with a high school diploma. 

Responding to this post before I've read all the next 4 pages, so I might be repeating what some other poster has already said, but when I went to college in the 1980's, it was wayyyyy more affordable than it is today.  I was able to work full-time during the three summer months, and that would provide me with my tuition for the following school year.  I also worked part-time during the school year, which helped to pay my rent (after my first year in the dorms, which my dad paid for, I shared an apartment with 3 other students and I think I paid $250/month plus expenses).  I also got a student loan of approx. $2,500 each year which also helped to pay for books and other expenses.  I didn't own a car (so no car insurance, no gas, no maintenance costs), the city bus was free to ride for students, and I think I may have had one credit card (so a little credit card debt but very manageable).  And I was still able to go out practically every week-end with friends because it was a college friendly town with lots of student deals for cheap food and beer.  $20 would definitely take you through the night. 

It feels like there is some force that is trying to take away opportunities for the average person.  Housing costs, college costs, healthcare costs (speaking of which, I also maintained my Kaiser coverage on my own during my college years - I could afford to pay 3 months at a time, and it averaged around $35/month!), everything.  Why did everything have to go up?  What happened in so short a period of time that now makes a college education put so many students into heavy debt?  It's really sad!

Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone
3 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

@lizzybee, I SO agree and empathize with your posts.  It makes me see red when other Christians post ridiculously false statements on their FB timelines--statements that anybody with a brain would know could NOT be true!  The "quote" from Queen Elizabeth in that Trump meme that Jill posted did not at all sound like something the Queen would say.  It is also my understanding that the Queen does not give interviews.  To me, if someone can re-post garbage like this, what in the world makes what they say and write credible?  Doing so spreads lies and gossip, two plainly sinful things, according to ANY version of the Bible.

It isn't about politics or how a person feels about candidates or people in office.  I just can't get behind slanderous lies and the people who continue to post them.  

Jill!  This makes you a LIAR!!!!  How do you reconcile THAT with scripture?  Go ahead.  Just try to defend yourself.

She lied for Jesus Trump, so its fine, God the GOP doesn't mind lying when it suits their needs. It's even in the RNC manual Bible. 

Satisfied
Whooping_Butt
2 hours ago, Deleorean88mph said:

f acid doesn't work, try Plexus

It tastes good even when the powder is poured directly on your brain!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 29
  • Love 1

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
Posted (edited)

Re:  Father's Day Instagram post:

What the ever-lovin' hell, Jill?  That is about the most bizarre photo ever to post for Father's Day.  It's not cute.  It's not appropriate.  It has nothing to do with Father's Day.  You, Jill, did not need to be in it AT ALL.  It's just plain weird.  You and your thinking are a twisted mess, Jill.

Edited by Okie_Bokie

Closed Womb
1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

One of those roller coaster videos says it was shot with a gopro HERO7.  They cost $350.  I am wondering if the go fund me $ was used to purchase it.  I can't imagine him having $350 extra cash especially since he was begging for $ only a few short months ago.  The theme park ticket was $50 too. If I was trying to scrape up some $ to pay for flight training and college I don't think I would have spent even that.  This fits exactly in line witt the spending habits of his parents though.  Any extra cash is immediately spent.  And spent on wants, not needs.

Honest to Rufus, every freaking time I cut one of these Rodrugii some slack, they turn around and prove they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt!  (Also think the camera was borrowed, but not the cost of admission, etc.) 

I used to have hope for Nurie, but no more.  I used to have hope for Tim, but no more.  I just sit here wondering what (and Kaylee) is about to do that will break my heart.  

(Obviously, any of the Rodrugii could strike out at any time.  I’m just saying that the legal adult offspring are jumping in, both feet, and embracing the art of smug grifting for Jesus, I mean Jill, I mean Jesus!  Yes.  Jesus.)

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

keepercjr
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Petronella said:

I'm desperately hoping that he was borrowing his cousin's GoPro, and maybe that even the cousins paid for the amusement park. Hoping.

Well.. Tim was the one wearing it.  You can tell by the watches.  Joel has a regular watch and Tim wears the fitness tracker.  It doesn’t mean he was the owner but I guess we shall see if he posts more videos with it or not.

Edited by keepercjr

justmic

I think the jail picture is in the Pirate ride in Disney World. Which they grifted tickets for if I recall correctly. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Waffle Time
Hane
On 6/16/2019 at 12:03 PM, Petronella said:

If Tim had storybooks or Sunday school lessons about people far away who need Jesus, I can believe he could have the concept.

Our older son was four when we moved to another country. You can bet he knew!

When I started Catholic religious ed in first grade, the nun told us that Bethlehem was “a little town like [Ourtown].” I got the idea that our town actually had BEEN Bethlehem, way back when, but gradually modernized.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19
  • Love 3

waltraute
1 hour ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

My hope for Tim is that he is open to meeting new people who don't believe that all women must wear skirts and read the KJV.  I just want one mentor to come into his life that he trusts and one who might show him how the world really works - teach him that people who follow different ways are not terrible sinners.

I won't hold my breath with hoping. Tim's first encounter with an instructor who suggested that other versions of the Bible might be a little easier to study caused him great distress and was probably a factor in his exodus from Moody. To make matters worse, he and mama subsequently vilified the instructor and either exaggerated what happened, or out and out lied about it. We have another student's testimony about the incident that sounds much more plausible and doesn't include the infamous bible trashing scene.

At the moment, I would say Tim isn't open to anything that isn't Mama approved. 

• Upvote 34
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Odd1Out

In one of Tim’s roller coaster videos ‘Aftershock’ it sounds like he’s talking to the cousin and saying one of his shoes is almost untied and the cousin says ‘hope it stays on’( or something like that). Then Tim laughs and says ‘I’m screwed’. Did I hear that right? Does Mommy Jill allow that kind of language from her Bud??

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6

Waffle Time
Beermeet
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

Responding to this post before I've read all the next 4 pages, so I might be repeating what some other poster has already said, but when I went to college in the 1980's, it was wayyyyy more affordable than it is today.  I was able to work full-time during the three summer months, and that would provide me with my tuition for the following school year.  I also worked part-time during the school year, which helped to pay my rent (after my first year in the dorms, which my dad paid for, I shared an apartment with 3 other students and I think I paid $250/month plus expenses).  I also got a student loan of approx. $2,500 each year which also helped to pay for books and other expenses.  I didn't own a car (so no car insurance, no gas, no maintenance costs), the city bus was free to ride for students, and I think I may have had one credit card (so a little credit card debt but very manageable).  And I was still able to go out practically every week-end with friends because it was a college friendly town with lots of student deals for cheap food and beer.  $20 would definitely take you through the night. 

It feels like there is some force that is trying to take away opportunities for the average person.  Housing costs, college costs, healthcare costs (speaking of which, I also maintained my Kaiser coverage on my own during my college years - I could afford to pay 3 months at a time, and it averaged around $35/month!), everything.  Why did everything have to go up?  What happened in so short a period of time that now makes a college education put so many students into heavy debt?  It's really sad!

That was me in the early 90's too. Yes! We could actually afford our own medical!  All of it. Then, I stayed home with my kids for 4 years. We lived on one income, rented a house, saved some money and were able to take mini vacations.  By 2007, it got rough. By 2008, I went back to work before we wanted. At least it was for 2-3 days so I got to do both. Even with me back to work, things were very tight. Still are. 

WTF happened???!!!!

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 15
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Gimme a Free RV
18 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

In one of Tim’s roller coaster videos ‘Aftershock’ it sounds like he’s talking to the cousin and saying one of his shoes is almost untied and the cousin says ‘hope it stays on’( or something like that). Then Tim laughs and says ‘I’m screwed’. Did I hear that right? Does Mommy Jill allow that kind of language from her Bud??

I clearly heard it, too!  Wow!  I wonder if he even knows what that means?

Tired
Palimpsest
On 6/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, Whooping_Butt said:

The debt free thing drives me nuts. I’m sure there was a reason for it in the Bible, but in these times it’s very hard to get buy without some debt. People should use credit responsibly and not borrow more than they can pay back, but sometimes taking on some debt is reasonable. A mortgage, student loans, even using a store credit card for a discount and paying it off right away. 

Actually, no.  The debt-free stuff is a Fundie thing not specifically a Bible thing.  People like Jim Sammons and his IBLP approved Financial Freedom seminar pushed it.  But it is fine for Fundies to encourage other people to go into debt or take out loans.  See Duggars and car sales and Maxwells accepting credit cards.

The Bible warns against getting into excessive debt. That's all.  It nowhere says that people should never borrow. 

It certainly doesn't say that the poor are forbidden to borrow.  It does say that you can lend but should not charge interest if the debtor is poor. 

"If thou lend money to any of my people that is poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury." Exodus 22:25-27

Again, it is OK to borrow money.  It is not OK not to pay your debts.  And how about giving to others and not endlessly taking, Rodigues family? 

"The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth."  Psalms 37:21

A few more verses for the Rods.  In KJV, of course:

For Tim:  "For which of you, intending to build a tower go to college, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish?"  Luke 14:28

David and Jill are infidels:  "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8  

Oy, David!  "A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just." Proverbs 13:22

1 hour ago, keepercjr said:

One of those roller coaster videos says it was shot with a gopro HERO7.  They cost $350.  I am wondering if the go fund me $ was used to purchase it.  I can't imagine him having $350 extra cash especially since he was begging for $ only a few short months ago.  The theme park ticket was $50 too. If I was trying to scrape up some $ to pay for flight training and college I don't think I would have spent even that.  This fits exactly in line witt the spending habits of his parents though.  Any extra cash is immediately spent.  And spent on wants, not needs.

Did the GoFundMe specify that it was for paying tuition and costs at Moody, because if so Tim should offer to refund the money he was given.  Not buy GoPros.

If it was specified that it was for general education costs in the future, he should be working and saving so as not to have to beg for more cash, not vacationing and going on roller coasters, whoever is paying.

If he puts up another GFM to pay the $600 for the Wings of Angels Flight camp I will not be surprised.  I might scream though.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

QuiverFullofBooks
7 hours ago, Cora Persephona said:

I am not a native speaker of English, but "Happy Father's Day to a man that has some of the most modern day faith I have ever met. " sounds very weirdly phrased to me.  She met the most modern day faith? Why a man and not the man? Also he has some of this modern day faith, but not all of it?

Also, is modern day faith considering loud makeup and hair modest? 

We don't really do father's day in my country, is it usual to have the wife/partner posting the message to her husband/partner when the children are old enough to do so on their own? A picture of him with the kids and maybe a caption with how much the kids love him would be much more on theme rather than a picture of them kissing through prison bars. I guess we needed a visual confirmation that he is indeed open to more...

It’s quite common for the wife to post a Father’s Day message about her husband, but normally the photo would be of him with the children, probably without her.

Yes, her comment is very weird. I think she was getting at something like, “A man of great faith is so rare in modern times!”

5 hours ago, bird said:

For me personally it's not so much the idea of the queen giving an interview, it's the fact that whomever made that meme thought she might say "you know". I get a little giggle at the thought of her majesty speaking like that. One thinks Trump is amazing, you know. Maybe it's just me. 

You know who says “you know” a lot? Trump.

Ali

If Jill wanted to post a picture of herself on Father's Day, she should have posted a picture of her and her father. 

Tim's smugness is not going to help him with his math and science classes. I doubt he would have enough self-awareness to admit he needs help before it is too late. The professors are not going to give him a passing grade if he makes a clock. Someone suggesting to him to seek out tutoring would be seen as persecution against Christian homeschooling by mama.

His parents set him up for failure in so many ways. I used to work as a tutor in a drop in math lab at a Community College. I helped many successfully pass their classes who were struggling with math, but they needed to seek out help before it was too late. Every semester, multiple students would come in a few hour before the final, expect a tutor to ignore everyone else in the room, and teach the entire book to them in just a few hours. Some would be quite upset when they were told this would not be happening. Tim's attitude in that post makes it seem like he would be one of these students.

I would tell a student like Tim to seek out tutoring services and proofreading services at the beginning of the semester. Many schools offer it for free. I know he probably won't. I do not see this ending well.

Satisfied
Whooping_Butt

@Palimpsest Thanks for the info on debt and the Bible! I’m not terribly shocked the fundies made the debt free thing up out of whole cloth. 

nausicaa
32 minutes ago, Ali said:

His parents set him up for failure in so many ways...

I would tell a student like Tim to seek out tutoring services and proofreading services at the beginning of the semester. Many schools offer it for free. I know he probably won't. I do not see this ending well.

They have failed him so utterly and completely. If Nurie's write ups on Etsy are any indication, the adult children are functionally illiterate. But not only that, unlike a student in remedial courses in public school who has an idea of how much more academically advanced their peers are, Timothy has been told that he is SO MUCH SMARTER and SO MUCH BETTER than everyone his age who went to public or even private school. The rug is really being pulled out from under him.  

I do wonder if he is even at an eighth grade level in most subjects. He could try to catch up in math and science by using Khan Academy. He could buy some remedial books online or find a tutor willing to help him in exchange for yard work. He still has options, but they require independent thought, extended diligence, and a big dose of humility after a lifetime of his parents modeling the complete opposite. 

I do still have sympathy for the young adult Rodlets, even if they also make me want to scream. I think Timothy's going through a lot right now and I'm interested in where he will be mentally in a year or so. The curtains are beginning to be pulled back and not everyone has the disposition to live in complete delusion like Jill does. 

• Upvote 30
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

waltraute
43 minutes ago, Ali said:

I used to work as a tutor in a drop in math lab at a Community College. I helped many successfully pass their classes who were struggling with math, but they needed to seek out help before it was too late. Every semester, multiple students would come in a few hour before the final, expect a tutor to ignore everyone else in the room, and teach the entire book to them in just a few hours. Some would be quite upset when they were told this would not be happening. Tim's attitude in that post makes it seem like he would be one of these students.

My thanks to you and your kind. I parked myself daily in the math tutoring lab both at community college and university. It was because of the patience of tutors like you, that I succeeded and thrived in algebra, calculus, physics. Trigonometry, I merely passed.

I've witnessed the students who come in hoping for a hail Mary at the last moment. It was never pretty.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

SilverBeach
4 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Why did everything have to go up?

College and health care costs both increase far beyond the general inflation rate and do not seem to be subject to the normal market forces affecting prices.  One college raises prices, the others do too, whether they need to or not. Even extremely well endowed institutions of higher learning raise prices. Health care costs tend be opaque until after we incur them, so no meaningful price comparisons can be done in advance.  As long as the demand is unabated, and education consumers are willing to drown in debt, nothing will change unless there is government intervention. 

Spent
ViolaSebastian
7 minutes ago, waltraute said:

My thanks to you and your kind. I parked myself daily in the math tutoring lab both at community college and university. It was because of the patience of tutors like you, that I succeeded and thrived in algebra, calculus, physics. Trigonometry, I merely passed.

I've witnessed the students who come in hoping for a hail Mary at the last moment. It was never pretty.

Just wanted to piggy-back off of your comment and add my own thanks. Back when I was starting out in community college, my math lab tutor saved my behind on many occasions. But it was also an appointment I went to diligently and was ready to take a seat, admit I needed help, and learn--I don't necessarily get that vibe from Bud Righteous. (As a side note, my tutor's name was Rebel. A very nice man, but also a math/statistics tutor who didn't quite live up to his name :pb_lol:). Color me unsurprised about the GoPro and the amusement park. That poor guy who gave him $700 for Moody must be so delighted right now. 

pook

Ugh to the smug Bible aviation school drop-out after one semester, that is Tim.  I feel another fruit analogy coming on...  A little while back Mr. Pook and I had to claim bankruptcy due to some unforeseen circumstances involving legal expenses when Giggles, our pet monkey, escaped in an Ikea parking lot wearing a diaper and his sheepskin coat.  He was taken by the authorities to an animal sanctuary, against our wishes but apparently according to exotic pet restriction laws, and we spent all our savings on lawyers and court proceedings in an attempt to bring him home.  Unfortunately, all of our efforts failed and we had to leave Giggles at the sanctuary with his other monkey friends.  We make every effort to visit Giggles whenever we can and most recently we brought him a gift basket with some PlexusMonkey (TM) samples, some bananas, a plaque that says: monkey business, and a framed picture of Mama Pook.  One day the doorbell rang.  Praise the Lord we had won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes!  We did a little research on the internet but knew in our heart of hearts that fruit was our be all and forever calling.  We bought a plot of land in Arizona with the Clearinghouse money and started a grape orchard and winery.  We have no experience with growing grapes, making wine, none of the tools, no expertise, no water source, nor have we planted any grape plants yet but we will be debt free and laughing in four years because we are extra special Christians.  Of course we will not be drinking the wine *Gasp*, which is the drink of Satan and the smelly, sluttish, pants wearing, smoker heathens of the world.  I have dreamed of growing grapes since I was four years old and my sister Mom cut them up then served them to me in the Royal Chinet paper bowl.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 39

Alice in Fundieland
3 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

(Obviously, any of the Rodrugii could strike out at any time.  I’m just saying that the legal adult offspring are jumping in, both feet, and embracing the art of smug grifting for Jesus, I mean Jill, I mean Jesus!  Yes.  Jesus.)

“Jesus.” FTFY 

onekidanddone

When I was eight I wanted to be a railroad engineer.  Yea that was never going to happen. Then from early high school I was determined to be a special education teacher. In 11 and 12th grade I volunteered at a residential facility for people with profound disabilities. 

In community college I was on track to get a certificate in ‘handicapped assistance’ (that was what the school called it). I also wanted to be a photographer. 

Anyway I was able to earn the certificate but just barely. I crashed and burned emotionally and academically. 

After a semester of pretty much spending my time between my room at my parents house, therapy and two classes at the college it was clear I had no direction and was sinking quickly. 

Because of my own disabilities I qualified for Voc Rehab. I went through vocational testing and to my shock I tested well for programming. 

I attended a year long training program at the end of which I landed an internship which lead to a job. I’m still in IT 33 years later. 

For a long time I was the same GS level as my brother who has an Ivy League education (he has since been made a project manager so I think is rank is higher now).  I know I make more than friends with PhD’s.  I’m not bragging I’m just saying life doesn’t always turn out as you expect.

I never went back to finish my AA. Maybe I will when I retire but probably not. Obviously I am not the same person I was at 19 when I had the breakdown but the scars can only heal just so far.  

Thing now is how do I explain all this to my 15 1/2 year old? Her mom was a community college dropout.

Closed Womb

@ViolaSebastian  The “Bud Righteous” nickname  needs acknowledgement.  Well done!  :handsex:   SEVERELY well done!  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5