• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

Spent
Dreadcrumbs
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, koalawatch said:

It looks like Tim still hasn't done the research needed.  He said he has 3 more years of college and will graduate with a commercial pilot's license.  But, I'm not finding anything that says you can get licensed as a commercial pilot in the US under the age of 23 (co-pilot at age 21).  It also doesn't look like Fox Valley has that certificate, but you can use the hours earned there for your certification hours.

If he gets a diploma for all he says
* airframe/powerplant license--70 credit hours, almost $20K
* private pilot diploma--60 credit hours, almost $75K, or 32 credit hours, almost $55K for just the certification.

So 130 credit hours + flight hours + any general ed and $95K or 102 credit hours + flight hours + general ed and $75K before housing/food, etc. (edit math)

If he takes 18  credit hours a semester, that's 7 semesters or a little over 5, so 2.5/3.5 more years before gen ed requirements.  I think he's going to be in for a shock when he realizes he's not really getting what he thinks he's getting.

What you said about the Gen Ed reqs got me thinking. 

I'm not entirely sure SOTDRT alumni understand that everyone has to take classes that don't necessarily pertain to their area of study. 

I attended a small secular private school for middle school and the first three yrs of HS and it wasn't much better in terms of quality. I starkly remember being 17 and not understanding that I would still have to study math in college. I really didn't know that everyone who gets a degree has to take Gen Ed classes in addition to classes for their major. Thankfully I realized that summer that I needed to get the hell out of that school. 

I also had zero idea how expensive college could be.

Edited by Dreadcrumbs
Wording

Glasgowghirl
5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

:pearlclutching: RUFUS FORBID!! Philip might as well convert to Catholicism!!

Actual footage of a kid trying to support the Cowboys in a Redskins family:

I didn't realise the cowboys were seen as 'a Catholic team' and I'm not surprised Jill and David didn't like that Philip liked them. 

Waffle Time
Beermeet
2 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

"What are ky-no-matics?"

Admittedly, I broke a sweat reading those course descriptions, but then I'm a humanities major who's a looooooong way from high school general-ed.

The path Tim is choosing requires a lot of prior proper schooling and money. 

I get the feeling Tim's dear mama thinks flying a plane is like driving a car in the sky. She simply doesn't understand why Tim needs to learn anything but more KJV and a few flying lessons.  There are zero on the cheap flight schools. This new path is out of his price range for debt free. He can go to school and work his tail off and still will not have enough money.   Tim is riding on a high and mighty right now but a year from now, will he still be?  I think he got his parents instant gratification habit. Try, talk shit, on to next one. Rinse and repeat.  

It's redic he's bragging about being dept free when he hasn't even started. He took a plane ride. Which could just be a generous offer from the owner of the plane. 

Also, commercial pilot,eh? GTFOH. No, he won't have all that in 3 years. These people really don't look things up and research, do they? Unreal. 

Whoever said they are not impressed with Mr. Bud Righteous Misguided Ambition's using his mommies social media to brag, I totally agree!  Like, really dude?  Big L on that! 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

louannems
1 hour ago, Okie_Bokie said:

I get a kick out of Jill's language errors in her Instagram posts!   Remember "He reins" at Easter?  Now we have "They even saw grizzly bear tracts! "  Oh Jill, you're a such a never mind.

And hey, Timothy, you've only gone to college for ONE SEMESTER.  It wasn't even a real college.  Stop being so sanctimonious.

Well, I guess Deadbeat David could print grizzly bear tracts for jesus! Or is that grizzly BARE, Jill?

marshmallow

@[email protected]'s 

I finally also read Tim's post and agree that it does not sound like Jill in terms of sentence structure, word choice and general 'flow' of the post. And holey moley yes, he does sound all high and mighty and does not come across as very likable. Kiddo is up for a rude awakening if he talks like that in real life also. 

On an only slightly related note: I don't understand why is he not just focusing on that aviation mechanic degree for now, doing one thing at a time. But I guess he has noone who gives him good advice. I hope he gets a good councellor at his new school (would this kind of school have councelling for students? I'm not from the US, so less familiar with the educational system). 

snickerz

I wonder what Timmy's doing as far as housing and a church there. When he moved to Spokane, we heard all about it, and Jill had to pick out a church for him. Maybe the announcement is that the Rod Pod is picking up and moving to Wisconsin with him??? Or wouldn't it be nice if the announcement is that they're sending Nurie (&Kaylee) up there to go to college too! They could all live together and keep each other accountable.  I know, I know, it would never happen. But it would be awesome if it did!

grandmadugger

I am guessing Timmy didn’t like the Church Doctrine class at all. It would have challenged precious mama’s teaching. Timmy doesn’t strike me as having the skills to defend his convictions because they aren’t his but Jill’s. If Tim couldn’t hack Moody there’s no way he’s cut out for secular school.  

Angelface
On 6/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, IrishCarrie said:

I'm kinda impressed that the cousin Joel managed to talk about the beauty of Montana without mentioning God ... is there a chance he might be "normal"???!!!!!

😮

Not from looking at his Facebook page!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Ex 2x2

I have solved the mystery! On July 1, Jill will announce that Timmy is married and she wore a wedding dress to the wedding!! 

(Just kidding. This showed up in my Apple news and I didn’t even read the article. I cannot believe someone besides Jill would do this!!! 🤣😂🤣😂

6442FEDC-8532-4BA4-AAD9-9ED9AA686037.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 14

Caroline
3 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Re:  meme with Queen Elizabeth and Trump that Jill reposted with enthusiasm:

Hi Jill - Snopes says you and your memes are flat-out liars.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/queen-elizabeth-praised-trump/

You're such a sheep.*   (*Jill, that means you're a mindless follower of trendy things, not someone who follows the Good Shepherd.)

I checked this out too because it seemed so outlandish.  The article I read debunking it said it came from a FB page called "In Trump we Trust". G-R-O-S-S.

I hate to keep simplifying things by saying that people like Jill just aren't as smart as everyone else and this is why they fall for this junk, but it's hard not to think that.  Education matter sooooo much, and these people are so clueless.

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

koalawatch

Unless I'm reading it all wrong (the fvtc aviation program guidebook), it also sounds like Tim had to apply for the pilot program earlier this year and there is a long list of things that need to be accomplished before that even happened (like a tour/overview session that sounds like it's supposed to be IRL after several other steps are taken).  I'm sure there are exceptions, but I wonder how much of that he actually finished and how much they are hoping will just be overlooked.
He needs to get a medical exam by a specific type of person, get a student pilot certificate (takes 4 weeks minimum to receive), have a specific type of id (real id, or passport), make full payment prior to first day of school or show financial aid is taken care of the payment)

Then he can do his tour, then complete several other things.  All before August 26.  It's possible if they knew about this months and months ago and accomplished all of that already

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
1 hour ago, marshmallow said:

I finally also read Tim's post and agree that it does not sound like Jill in terms of sentence structure, word choice and general 'flow' of the post.

It's got to be Timothy's writing because it doesn't have any emojis and it doesn't use the word "precious" at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Depressed
Dandruff
40 minutes ago, koalawatch said:

Unless I'm reading it all wrong (the fvtc aviation program guidebook), it also sounds like Tim had to apply for the pilot program earlier this year and there is a long list of things that need to be accomplished before that even happened (like a tour/overview session that sounds like it's supposed to be IRL after several other steps are taken).  I'm sure there are exceptions, but I wonder how much of that he actually finished and how much they are hoping will just be overlooked.

Where did the family travel to when Tim came home for Christmas?  I remember reading that on the way back from wherever it was they dropped him off at an airport in Ohio.

Ozlsn
6 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

Prereq: Alg – HS GPA 2.75+ OR ACPL 51+, Next Gen 250+, ACT Math 18+ OR Alg Prep 10834109 OR Math & Logic 10804133 OR Not pursuing a degree

There is no way Tim has those prerequisites based on his godawful 'education'. If he needed remedial maths at Moody I can't see that he's not going to need it again here. I am seriously dubious about him even enrolling at this point - he'd be better off taking adult education classes and getting to a GED equivalent first, possibly while working full time and trying to save money. 

I wonder what his cousin in Montana is doing - maybe Tim could take a year, turn his phone off and work in Montana. He'd probably have to hide off grid though... I can see Jill scouring the state in the RV to find him.

5 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

What are ky-no-matics?"

They're systematic. They're auto-matic. They're hydro-matic. 

They're greased lightning!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 42
  • Love 2

Dizzy
Dana723
5 hours ago, koalawatch said:

It looks like Tim still hasn't done the research needed.  He said he has 3 more years of college and will graduate with a commercial pilot's license.  But, I'm not finding anything that says you can get licensed as a commercial pilot in the US under the age of 23 (co-pilot at age 21).  It also doesn't look like Fox Valley has that certificate, but you can use the hours earned there for your certification hours.

I wonder if he's going to be a missionary pilot if he would need a US license? 

Bad Wolf

So at Christmas, we'll find out that the college didn't disclose the true cost of the courses, even though they asked MANY TIMES. 😫. Fortunately, God is sending Timmy in a new direction. He is going to return home and work on the print shop. God has laid it on his heart ❤ to pursue his mission by handing out smiley ☺ tracts and singing with his family. Timmy is so grateful to be back with his family and away from all the pants wearing sluts at college.

if being a pilot missionary was truly his dream, then I'm sorry that he had such lousy parents who set him up to fail.

Unimpressed
clarinetpower
Posted (edited)

You don’t have to be 23 to get a commercial license in the US. Minimum age is 18, 17 for private. Laws have changed, but my dad was licensed private at 16, got commercial after, and paid his way through college as a flight instructor. College was much cheaper then.

I got through college debt free. Two full tuition rides (academics and music), state school, and dad and mom helped. Also debt free with a master’s, because it is part of my work contract to get a portion paid since it’s required to keep my job, and we could cover the rest. But I know this is because I am privileged, not smarter or more holy. I am lucky.

Tim and Jill weren’t smart enough to read the documents and do the math, they went on their own belief and prayers and sparkly gif memes about Jesus rather than looking at actual facts.

No surprise they are Trumpers and KJB Xtians. They refuse to see what is right in front of them because it would shatter everything they have ever known.

Edited by clarinetpower
Missed punctuation.

QuiverFullofBooks
3 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I didn't realise the cowboys were seen as 'a Catholic team' and I'm not surprised Jill and David didn't like that Philip liked them. 

They’re not a Catholic team. The Cowboys are as despised by hard-core Redskins fans as the Catholics are by hard-core Protestant fundamentalists such as Jill.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

grandmadugger
1 hour ago, koalawatch said:

He needs to get a medical exam by a specific type of person, get a student pilot certificate (takes 4 weeks minimum to receive), have a specific type of id (real id, or passport), make full payment prior to first day of school or show financial aid is taken care of the payment)

Then he can do his tour, then complete several other things.  All before August 26.  It's possible if they knew about this months and months ago and accomplished all of that already

I don’t think Timmy is getting his pilot’s license from the college.  I think he is going the private instructor route with a church group. He’s getting his mechanics training with the school. 

Unimpressed
clarinetpower

I could have sworn I just saw an ad for Chick FilA on this page. Wow. Ironic.

Glasgowghirl
1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They’re not a Catholic team. The Cowboys are as despised by hard-core Redskins fans as the Catholics are by hard-core Protestant fundamentalists such as Jill.

Alright, religion and sporting rivalry is not great when mixed together.

4 hours ago, marshmallow said:

@[email protected]'s an only slightly related note: I don't understand why is he not just focusing on that aviation mechanic degree for now, doing one thing at a time. But I guess he has noone who gives him good advice. I hope he gets a good councellor at his new school (would this kind of school have councelling for students? I'm not from the US, so less familiar with the educational system). 

Yes, Jill and David haven't given him the best advice, at 18/19 you often do make mistakes and lot of people his age are cocky like he was sounding on Facebook, if he had gone to high school then he may have had teacher's and career's advisors to better guide him. 

I paid the price for going to college, when I wasn't in the right frame of mind at 18/19. I had only gotten one Higher English and an Intermediate English in my fifth year of high school and didn't pass any of the classes I took in my sixth and final year. Going to college straight from school was something I shouldn't have done. The first course I done is actually similar to the one I'm doing now and for the first year I was in the same building as it, my college had since merged with a University and renamed and moved campus to inside my hometown this year, I even had one of the same lecturer's. I signed up to the second course, the day after my uncle who I was extremely close to died and within weeks of starting I knew it was a mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

Lillymuffin
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I see you have yet to accept the one true Fruit.  You have been worshiping false fruits.   The Fruit which is the Fruitiest among all other fruits.  That fruit would be the Kiwi.

Oh, shit. I’m allergic to kiwi. Does that mean I’m forever damned? :happy-bouncyredfire:

@Beermeet   Bud Righteous sounds like the worst kind of light beer ever. It doesn’t get you drunk (though you’ll wish you were), you’ll instantly regret ordering it, and it’ll give you a hellish headache! :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Edited by Lillymuffin
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Sad
feministxtian

Even with a decent high school GPA and the appropriate grades in Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2, the college level math courses were BRUTAL! I took something called "Tech Math" and it combined all sorts of shit from Algebra, Trigonometry, etc, and it was ROUGH...and hell, I was/am good at that shit! It got worse from there. The easy classes were the humanities and English classes, I didn't have to work at those at all...English Comp 1, Tech Writing and some sort of bullshit western civilization class. However, if it wasn't for the background I had in high school, I'd have been screwed. 

Timbits has no background for any of that. I hate to say that he's going to probably sink w/o LOTS of help!

Waffle Time
Beermeet
3 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I am guessing Timmy didn’t like the Church Doctrine class at all. It would have challenged precious mama’s teaching. Timmy doesn’t strike me as having the skills to defend his convictions because they aren’t his but Jill’s. If Tim couldn’t hack Moody there’s no way he’s cut out for secular school.  

The Rodlings do not possess the skills and thought process as to why they should be open to other bibles.  Not only can Tim not defend his KJV only view in an intelligent manner, he can't be confident in his choice while respecting his classmates/instructors choices. His parents beat his critical thinking and curiosity out of him years ago.