• Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 100: Praefulgeo Ergo Sum!

Tired
Coconut Flan
Posted (edited)

Continued from here:

As discussed in the last thread, rules, board culture, and debates about what we can or should talk about goes here:

Thanks for @Perrierwithlemon for the final translation for Jill into Latin of "I am outstanding/I outshine, therefore I am."

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Nervous
Satan'sFortress
Posted (edited)

The big teasing of the surprise reminds me of Michael Scott on the episode of The Office where he promises a big surprise, only to come in with a bag of ice cream sandwiches, and then by the end of the day has to admit that he has no surprise.

Spoiler

Michael-Scott-Healthcare-4.thumb.jpg.1187df93cbcb6f8a0f7d276983fe7baa.jpg

Edited by Satan'sFortress
put photo in spoiler

Waffle Time
Mela99

I have been away from JIll-land too long. 

Did Amy/Angie lose a leg and get a funeral for said leg?

I saw the post on Reddit about the potential baby/wedding. 

Can someone point to a good spot in the previous threads to catch up on the most crazy? 

quiversR4hunting
Posted (edited)

I went to her IG, hoping to see something new (nope) so I went back to look at the graduation and Richmond pictures. Did we talk about this one?

Screenshot_20190612-170139_Instagram.thumb.jpg.1c1f7063268f8cdc67d1d3d81101845a.jpg

So they have big table (would fit 10 in a pinch, I worked banquets for awhile but meant for 8 ) but only 3 table settings. And it doesn't look like the other place settings were taken away, it looks like it wasn't set for others.

Did they have a table and only pay for 3 dinners so the rest of the family can't attend? How much is the graduation dinner per plate? 

If my guess is right, another reason why they shouldn't have as many kids as they have!

Edited by quiversR4hunting
#8 changed to an emoji....
  • Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Can someone point to a good spot in the previous threads to catch up on the most crazy? 

Mela, maybe page 11? 

Also, did you not used to have a Tina avatar?

JermajestyDuggar

Did I miss an update about Angie’s foot? Is it getting better?

Ali
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

See the above link for the craziest multiple choice question ever. 

Her persecuted by Moody and a conservative Christian college professor nonsense stated somewhere in the 98 thread.

If you are too busy to catch up, Jill is just like her idol Orange Voldemort. She is pure evil and there is no low too low for her.

Edited by Ali
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Waffle Time
Mela99
34 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Mela, maybe page 11? 

Also, did you not used to have a Tina avatar?

Oooh many moons ago, I had Louise with Tina and Gene giving some epic side eye. 

Happy
PennySycamore

@Mela99, your status under your avatar looks a lot like Pusheen has a ball of yarn to play with.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 3

DangerNoodle

I think it's great that they're celebrating Kayla's graduation. But did the other two get the cap and gown ceremony? I didn't follow when Tim graduated but I don't remember Nuri getting to walk the stage. 

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

I think it's great that they're celebrating Kayla's graduation. But did the other two get the cap and gown ceremony? I didn't follow when Tim graduated but I don't remember Nuri getting to walk the stage. 

Yes, I believe they go to the same homeschool graduation ceremony every year. And by every year, I mean every year. Since the first five children were two sets of Irish twins and fifth just 13 months later. So Renee is next year and Phillip the year after. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

DangerNoodle
5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I believe they go to the same homeschool graduation ceremony every year.

I can't find Nuri or Tim in a cap and gown on their blog. But I believe you. They might not have wanted to share pictures of themselves graduating or something like that. My mom had to bribe my brother to get him to go to his own high school graduation. 

quiversR4hunting
3 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

I can't find Nuri or Tim in a cap and gown on their blog. But I believe you. They might not have wanted to share pictures of themselves graduating or something like that. My mom had to bribe my brother to get him to go to his own high school graduation. 

They both did and they did the church ceremony back at Marthana (home church). Her blog is hard, IMO, to navigate and find old posts.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

DangerNoodle
12 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Her blog is hard, IMO, to navigate and find old posts.

I hunted down Nuri's. When I was typing in 'Nuri graduation" to the search bar all I was getting was that "ad."

FB_IMG_1560379511772.jpg

FB_IMG_1560379469557.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 9

quiversR4hunting

@DangerNoodle thanks for hunting it down!

I had forgotten her dress was a Princess Elsa dress with a horrible black shirt under it

I am sure the black shirt would be nice, as a shirt. With jeans or a nice pair of slacks or a nice skirt but it looks horrible under that dress. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14
  • Thank You 2

Bad Wolf

I'm going to be out of the country on July 1 with limited internet access. OH NO. I WILL MISS THE ANNOUNCEMENT. WHAT SHALL I DO? Oh yes, have fun, see new sights, meet new people... I will survive.

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

Closed Womb
4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm going to be out of the country on July 1 with limited internet access. OH NO. I WILL MISS THE ANNOUNCEMENT. WHAT SHALL I DO? Oh yes, have fun, see new sights, meet new people... I will survive.

I’ll spoil it: all three of the kids are courting...Plexus!  Yes, Plexus will make their lives whole, being their one true non-Jesus, non-Mama love.  Why not join their down line?   😂

onekidanddone
13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

You will most SEVERELY need to have Plexus with you at all times.

wallysmommy

Did they recycle Nurie's cap and gown for (and Kaylee)?  With so many graduations, they can have a girl's set of regalia, and a boy's set and just pass them on down like everything else these kids wear.

Aggravated
Curious
1 hour ago, DangerNoodle said:

I'm pretty sure we discussed the whole cowbell whoopin' and hollerin' that they do when either Tim or Nurie graduated.   Our search is pretty robust so maybe search cowbell or something similar and it will lead you to when we discussed it before.   I can't imagine we talk about cowbells that much unless someone is a big Bruce Dickinson/Blue Oyster Cult fan

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 5

sparkles

Years ago, I went to a performance by the New York Choral Society and when the women came out on stage, my first thought was, “This is where old bridesmaids’ dresses go to die.” It was a retina searing collection of awful. Things are better now, mainly because that burden has been transferred to the Rodriguii women. Jill isn’t exactly cut off from the world so even SHE has to see how out of step she is with today’s fashion. It’s entirely possible to outfit everyone inexpensively in clothes that are current and still modest, yet she continues to cling to her 80s style sense—garish, tacky and probably flammable—and I can’t help but think that these poor girls stand out like a sore thumb and the whole family is an object of ridicule. Sadly though, I think that’s how she likes it. Because even negative attention is better than no attention and PERSECUTION!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Firebird

:isp.ani:what if it's a courtship to a Duggar and she can't announce due to TLC regulations. Counting On sure would get interesting for once!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 29
  • I Agree 1

quiversR4hunting

I went to the HEAV website (great acronym btw)

So if they registered in January the cost per graduate is $59 for members; $89 for non-members. Register in February $69/99, March $79/109.

If they went to the 3 day convention it is $99, but I don't know if that is per family, per person,for 3 days or per day.

Now for the dinner. (It does not say at what age is considered an "adult" for the adult meal.) The price for the meal includes tax, gratuity,etc. The adult meal is $32.17 per meal (!!!) And $11.17 per child meal. So for Kaylee and parents it was either $77.51 (2 adult meals + 1 kid meal) or $96.71 (3 adult meals). If 11 kid meals were purchased (Kylee on down as kid meals) plus 3 adult meals (ma, dad and Nurie) the cost is $200.38.

And why are they going to a Virginia convention? Does West Virgina not have an equivalent HEAV convention/graduation? 

Antimony
1 hour ago, Closed Womb said:

I’ll spoil it: all three of the kids are courting...Plexus!  Yes, Plexus will make their lives whole, being their one true non-Jesus, non-Mama love.  Why not join their down line?   😂

an honest good point - why HASN'T Nurie joined Plexus with Mama now that she's 18?

My guess is well...then she'd have to sell it and based on Jill's advice, that would be mean making videos and having a Facebook, which is too much freedom and exposure and a chance to speak (kind of) unscripted. 

And if Plexus is such a money maker...why isn't Tim selling it? Hmm...hmm..hmm. 

Also in one of her latest recorded lives, she describes the process of cleaning up the baby, ya know and comments that you might think there are better things to do cause of how long it takes.  UH? NO? Jill...even us Heathen Childless Womens don't look at a list of caring for a child and thing "hm, could be construed as a a waste of time though"

HarryPotterFan
4 minutes ago, Antimony said:

And if Plexus is such a money maker...why isn't Tim selling it? Hmm...hmm..hmm. 

Because Plexus is PINK and pink is for girls!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1