IGNORED

Suzanne Venker

Imrlgoddess

She's popped up a few times recently on other topics such as Lori Alexander.  I guess you could say this woman is my break through fundie.  I saw a Fox News write up of hers a few years ago that had been shared on Facebook which led me to her blog.  I commented on one of her posts regarding women being only homemakers and my comment was never published, naturally.  She gets my blood boiling for sure.  @hollyfeller  I figured you were right, there's enough crazy in her little world to warrant some discussion.

The link to the original blog post to which I responded is long since deactivated, she's gained some footing and moved on from a simple WordPress blog to some full on webpages and now multiple books.  Her current website is:  Suzanne Venker, Feminist Fixer.  Yeah.  You read that right.  She's trying to fix it.  

This is the Fox article she wrote that got her into the public eye:  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-war-on-men  The TL;DR is women are too angry and selfish to have a decent husband so men don't want them anymore. 

Suzanne is a better spoken, more sophisticated version of Lori Alexander, fully believes the only place for a woman is in the home raising a passal of children while the man works himself to death to provide.  She's a niece of the late Phyllis Shafly, if that gives anyone an indication of where her mindset comes from.  Just like Lori....she's college educated yet preaching about the evils of feminism.  

And she seems to love herself some Jordan Peterson.  

For convo starter material:  podcasts of Suzanne's "wisdom" on a website for male dating & relationship advice.

https://www.datingskillsreview.com/ep-126-feminism-war-on-men-suzanne-venker/

Edited by Imrlgoddess
syntax
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

She's Phyllis Schlafly's niece. Just like her aunt -- woman with a career telling other women not to have one. Hypocrites 'R Them

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Exactly!  I think that's one point that drives me the most nuts....they all have done the thing they tell others to avoid.  I can only assume if confronted with that very point they'd say they were righteous enough to not get sucked into the "feminist agenda" but others are not as strong as they are.  

Also, these women have the wealth behind them to push their agendas.  They really are the Serena Joy's of the real world.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

They all run in the same circles don't they?  Matt Walsh, Dale Partridge, Suzanne, Lori....

And no Suzanne...we don't see femininity as weak...ya'll do.  Ya'll are the ones who constantly push the "weaker vessel" point and the idea that all females must have a guide, a support...a leader.  

Edited by Imrlgoddess
Riffles
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I'm surprised she's not more involved in Missouri politics. It's also torture as someone who grew up in St. Louis that I can't seem to figure out what high school her kids go to. They appear to have moved from Kirkwood for "better schools," which tells me everything I need to know. Anyway, on her personal FB, she's only friends with one person I recognized as being involved in state politics (a scene I'm very familiar with). That person is like a stupid Phyllis Schlafly: former state representative and absolutely bananas person, Cynthia Davis. 

The really really annoying thing about Phyllis Schlafly is that she was really smart. It's so dangerous to be hateful and smart.

Local STL progressive paper the Riverfront Times did a big profile of Venker a few years ago. It's huge, I couldn't read it all because it makes my blood pressure rise. https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/attention-working-moms-author-and-schlafly-niece-suzanne-venker-thinks-you-are-destroying-america/Content?oid=2494326

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I didn't know she was a divorcee!  How interesting! 

Do they really not see the massive hypocrisy?

• Upvote 7

What a white, entitled twatwaffle, from family money. 

OF COURSE, everyone marries a successful breadwinner who makes enough to afford the luxury of a stay-at-home wife.  Of course they do. 

And I'll just guess she graduated college without debt. 

She conveniently doesn't understand student debt, the gig economy, lack of good paying and steady jobs with benefits that allow the husband to make enough to support an entire family and buy health insurance and a house.    The rising cost of living?  According to Zillow, 

The median home value in Austin is $368,600. Austin home values have gone up 6.5% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 3.4% within the next year.

The median rent is $1,700/month. 

It wasn't that the the article linked above was tl;dr.  It was so much f**king drivel I couldn't continue.   A large part of feminism is equal pay, basic rights.  When my mom divorced my dad in 1967, she couldn't open a bank account in her own name, even though she was employed, had excellent work history and references.  So yeah, we've come a long way. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

On 6/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

I didn't know she was a divorcee!  How interesting! 

Do they really not see the massive hypocrisy?

They really believe they're better than the people they chastise. Comparison to Serena Joy is quite apt. If she actually got what she claims to wish for, she'd be out of a job and not allowed out of a man's shadow. Oopsie.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I try to minimize the number of comments I make on Suzanne's FB page these days considering how lenient she is with verbal abuse towards her detractors, but this one from the other day was just too nuts.  I couldn't help responding to one of the dumber comments.

untitled.thumb.png.9f8df8574dc72e1a65324608b263625b.png

Screenshot_2019-07-14-04-07-17-276_com.android.chrome.png.b17590f30bcd95b8aa8f1436bbcbbc89.png

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

I shared this in Lori Alexander's thread, but it really belongs here.  I think Suzanne is going off the rails recently.  Any thoughts as to what this might mean?

To me it says, "Be a mindless automaton and let your husband program all of your subroutines!"

66270265_2249488748421568_1486880835645734912_o.png.23aaf7cd353f2cbaac3a95f41b9fd989.png

• Sad 1
  • WTF 4

Failed to initialize amazongrace.exe. Please reboot and start misteramazongrace.exe.

Didn't God create your personality, Suzanne? why do you want to chuck it?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Failed to initialize amazongrace.exe. Please reboot and start misteramazongrace.exe.

Didn't God create your personality, Suzanne? why do you want to chuck it?

I'm wondering who the hell anyone is without their personality?  Basically just a blank slate of a humanoid with no likes, dislikes, or preferences.  Is that really the goal???

• Upvote 5

On 6/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, theotherelise said:

I'm surprised she's not more involved in Missouri politics. It's also torture as someone who grew up in St. Louis that I can't seem to figure out what high school her kids go to. They appear to have moved from Kirkwood for "better schools," which tells me everything I need to know. Anyway, on her personal FB, she's only friends with one person I recognized as being involved in state politics (a scene I'm very familiar with). That person is like a stupid Phyllis Schlafly: former state representative and absolutely bananas person, Cynthia Davis. 

The really really annoying thing about Phyllis Schlafly is that she was really smart. It's so dangerous to be hateful and smart.

Local STL progressive paper the Riverfront Times did a big profile of Venker a few years ago. It's huge, I couldn't read it all because it makes my blood pressure rise. https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/attention-working-moms-author-and-schlafly-niece-suzanne-venker-thinks-you-are-destroying-america/Content?oid=2494326

I would think it would be Illinois politics. The Schlafly family and the Eagle Forum are out of Alton, I believe.

• Upvote 2

For some reason, this noxious twitwiffle makes steam come out both ears. I don't have this reaction to any other person we snark on here at fj.  I don't have that response to, for example, another noxious twitwiffle of the highest order: Kellyanne Conway.  Plus, it's 100% red herring stuff -- just trying to get someone to bite, by defining "feminists" in an insulting way that really has nothing to do with what feminism truly means. 

On the male side, Doug Wilson would be her peer; he is equally adept at trying to hook people through ugly red herring insults. 

How did she get by when she was divorced, with (presumably) children?  Wasn't she feminine enough to keep that first marriage going?  Oooh, see what I did there?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

@AuntKrazy Venker is on the MO side.

The Schaflys did live in Alton for a long time, but while Eagle Forum might technically be headquartered there, they have offices on the St. Louis side as well and the people involved at that level are typically MO politics people. There is a lot more fodder for those views in MO than IL. I can't speak to how much influence Schafly had on IL politics, but I can say she and Eagle Forum had extensive connections in MO.

There is actually a whole controversial split that happened and there is now Eagle Forum AND Phyllis Schafly's Eagles, two similar groups. The Eagles are headed by the former head of the MO repbulican party, Ed Martin. He had been the president of the Eagle Forum previously. I only loosely followed it, but there was a lot of mud-slinging: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/eagle-forum-slams-competitor-for-using-phyllis-schlafly-name-while-supporting-pro-choice-candidate/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/14/2019 at 4:12 PM, theotherelise said:

There is actually a whole controversial split that happened and there is now Eagle Forum AND Phyllis Schafly's Eagles, two similar groups.

Ooooooh, a regular down-in-the-dirt face-slapping, mud-slinging, hair-pulling fight, complete with (of course) a big lawsuit. 

• Upvote 3

Todd Wilkin (yuck! pfui!) interviews Suzanne every so often on Issues Etc (issuesetc.org) and she’s predictably redundant and annoying.  She’s got her definition of feminism and no one ever attempts to correct her. There’s no dialog, just pontification. It never occurs to them that a husband could be a wretched individual who leaves his resourceless wife in the lurch. Wilkin is a Lutheran pastor and it makes me embarrassed to have loved most of my life in that tradition when he effectively equates that  theology with unexamined patriarchy. 

• Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is taken out of context from a "conversation" I've been having with a dude on Suzanne's FB page today, but it's worth sharing by itself until I can compile the whole transcript.  He's mansplaining to women how to be women!

mansplaining.JPG.06fbc66dd77106817cce83cbf07f098a.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

What fucking "hierarchy"????? That's some straight up bullshit right there. 

Egalitarianism worked for most of my marriage, but now I'm pretty much the one holding all the cards. 

Yes, I am strong and independent and fully expected my marriage to be between TWO strong independent individuals who would grow into a partnership where neither one is fighting for the upper hand. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Now, now, Derek - one of these days, you’ll kiss a girl. Really!

Ain't gonna happen. Don't give incels hope, MamaJB. It only makes them antsy.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Ain't gonna happen. Don't give incels hope, MamaJB. It only makes them antsy.

I saw that he has started posting on Lori's FB too.  Great.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

"Strong independent" woman asks question.  Snowflake gets upset.  Won't someone think of these poor men??  LOL

infidelity.thumb.JPG.15e3547820433bd0384c742d0172631d.JPG

• Haha 10