IGNORED

Jesus Ween ?!?

Maggie Mae

I asked Mr Skank if he ever heard of Jesus-Ween, and he thought it sounded like some 12 step program for recovering fundies as in "Jesus-Wean" lol!

We had an earlier thread about this, but I'm too lazy to go dig it up.

Language Geek Says, "Hey, morons! The word 'Hallowe'en' comes from 'All Hallows' Evening,' and 'Hallows' means 'things/persons who are holy'--aka saints." It's just a pagan holiday that got a Catholic/Christian remake ALREADY.

We had an earlier thread about this, but I'm too lazy to go dig it up.

Language Geek Says, "Hey, morons! The word 'Hallowe'en' comes from 'All Hallows' Evening,' and 'Hallows' means 'things/persons who are holy'--aka saints." It's just a pagan holiday that got a Catholic/Christian remake ALREADY.

Most of the Catholic churches I have attended (especially the Latin Mass variety) discourage traditional halloween and instead host an All Saints Eve party instead. Children dress up as saints and get candy so it is supposed to not make them feel bad for missing out on trick-or-treating. I don't agree that the secular halloween celebration is somehow sinful, but if some parents want to keep their kids away from it, at least the Catholic ones don't have to say they are going out for "Jesus-ween" That's just stupid.

Archived