IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

I cringed at the "many more on the way!" part of their post. I dunno... Jill's "checkin outta here" didn't bother me, but for some reason the idea of Mary having all these great-grandchildren on the way, with the exclamation point, seemed more to me about their brand "and counting" then Mary's life.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Wasn't it mentioned by a Duggar child that Grandma Mary had suffered several strokes this year? Maybe she was in poorer health then they really let on (which is fine that they respected her and kept that quiet). It's sad to hear she had passed. It's never easy losing a grandparent (or anyone loved).

I don'y know why they would have kept Mary's health issues a secret. They played up her husband's (JL Duggar) brain cancer and eve televised his funeral. Remember when they carted him around in a rolling office chair instead of a proper wheelchair?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ralar said:

I don'y know why they would have kept Mary's health issues a secret. They played up her husband's (JL Duggar) brain cancer and eve televised his funeral. Remember when they carted him around in a rolling office chair instead of a proper wheelchair?

From what I recall, JimBob doesn’t seem to have had a great relationship with his father. He seems to have been close to his mother though. It’s possible that played a role, as well as the Duggar parents no longer having a reality show focused on their lives parenting a bunch of kids. It’s easier to keep things quiet when there aren’t cameras following you around.

• Upvote 13

14 minutes ago, Ralar said:

I never saw the Jubilee episodes, but I did see those shows that centered on JB’s dad’s death, and IMO, those were the worst episodes ever shown. Could the Duggars not spring for a wheelchair?  So disrespectful to Mr. Duggar.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Seems pretty clear that her family cared about her deeply, and I wish them peace about her passing.  I imagine the suddenness (if there really was no warning) was a jolt.  In the meanwhile, I expect that JB and probably Deanna have been in touch with their lawyer(s) and tax accountant today.  The business of death needs to be gotten on quickly.

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I cringed at the "many more on the way!" part of their post. I dunno... Jill's "checkin outta here" didn't bother me, but for some reason the idea of Mary having all these great-grandchildren on the way, with the exclamation point, seemed more to me about their brand "and counting" then Mary's life.

The Duggar’s focus has always been on the next kid.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I thought Mary looked very unwell in some of the photos posted around Christmas - I think with Jessa's kids. 

If she was ailing for a time, I'm glad they didn't/weren't able to exploit her suffering for monetary gain.  What they did to Jim Bob's father was sickening. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

I don't think the many more on the way comment is horrible. My grandmother recently passed and hers read "... 8 children, 17 grandchildren, and 14 great grand children with more on the way." The only thing is I think the " ! " Reads off. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I think 21st child was Tyler, she lived with him for a couple of years before moving in with Deana and most likely treated him like a grandchild.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

I’m usually the first to criticize Jeremy. I’ll take a moment to not do that though because he posted on Instagram about Mary. He wrote, “I love you Grandma Duggar. Until we meet again...” with a nice photo of himself with Mary and Jinger at, I believe, Joy’s wedding. It was short, but also rather sweet. Regardless of what I think of him as a person, I think it was thoughtful of him to post something about a person who likely meant a great deal to his wife and in-laws and who seems to have meant a lot to him as well. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Jana's instagram post stated that she (Jana) had drove Grandma Mary to church that morning and she passed away that afternoon so that's really sudden. I feel so bad for all of them. It's tough to lose a grandparent, especially when it's sudden. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

Jeremy is super close with his own grandparents. That is very kind of him.

• Upvote 16

51 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Jana's instagram post stated that she (Jana) had drove Grandma Mary to church that morning and she passed away that afternoon so that's really sudden. I feel so bad for all of them. It's tough to lose a grandparent, especially when it's sudden. 

That’s really sad. It really was sudden. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I thought Mary looked very unwell in some of the photos posted around Christmas - I think with Jessa's kids. 

If she was ailing for a time, I'm glad they didn't/weren't able to exploit her suffering for monetary gain.  What they did to Jim Bob's father was sickening. 

According to Pickles’ page, she suffered a stroke towards the very end of December. I don’t know how she found out. My heart goes out to the whole family. I can’t imagine the amount of shock and pain that must have caused. 

• Upvote 1

I’m pretty sure that the 21st grandkid is Jubilee. 

And i’m sure that pickles has her tentacles all over Arkansas trying to figure out what happened. Regardless of any health conditions Mary may have had, her death was completely unexpected. She needs to leave them alone & let them mourn in peace.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, FrozenSmile said:

And i’m sure that pickles has her tentacles all over Arkansas trying to figure out what happened. Regardless of any health conditions Mary may have had, her death was completely unexpected. She needs to leave them alone & let them mourn in peace.

She won’t though. She’ll probably start messaging people like Tyler’s mother “inviting” them to speak with her.

whatever my feelings concerning the Duggars, Mary seemed like a genuine and kind hearted woman who truly tried to be a good mother and loved her family.  Pickles needs to go away.

• Upvote 13

40 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

That's what I thought at first but the wording is 'survived by 21 grandchildren' . Unless it's awkwardly phrased I don't think they're counting Jubilee.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

No snark from me. Everyone handles these things differently. I’m sure she’s been a mother and grandmother figure to many people in the family. I’m sorry for their loss. 

• Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That's what I thought at first but the wording is 'survived by 21 grandchildren' can't be Jubilee.

Obviously I didn’t know her, and again I disagree with the Duggars on about everything, but they seem to have fully embraced Tyler.  Mary seemed like a very warm and loving grandmother, and I would not be surprised to learn she considered Tyler a grandson.  I can and do say a lot about them, but they seem to be treating Tyler no differently than their own sons.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

That is very sad. She seemed like a really nice lady. 73 seems so young to me now. Amy's post was heartbreaking.  In a way, it is nice that she has a new life to look forward to, even though she won't get to share that experience with her grandma. Hopefully that will keep her strong.

I'm sorry for all of you who have lost a close grandparent.  I never knew my grandfathers and was not particularly close to my grandmothers.  But my own parents are wonderful grandparents who are worshiped by all their grandchildren.  When their time comes, the kids will be devastated.  For my part, I cannot even conceive of a world without them, so I pretend that they are never going.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

19 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

That is very sad. She seemed like a really nice lady. 73 seems so young to me now.

She was 78.  Whichever rag had 73 was wrong.  Even 78 seems on the young side to me now.  I'm around the 85 and up crowd a lot now visiting my mother.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

She was 78.  Whichever rag had 73 was wrong.  Even 78 seems on the young side to me now.  I'm around the 85 and up crowd a lot now visiting my mother.  

I agree. I think 78 is below the average age of women’s life expectancy in the US. My parents are mid 80s and going strong, but so was GM Mary, until she wasn’t. What I find amazing is that she had 13 GGCs at 78. My own parents have 1, and no more anywhere on the radar.

• Upvote 7

Well when you have 20/21 grandchildren and everyone is into marrying fairly young it increases the odds of a ton of great-grandchildren I guess.  My mother has two at 89 and it seems that's all she's getting.

• Upvote 10

As much as I loath the Duggars I am very sorry for their loss.  Mary always seemed like a level headed and decent person.  I remember her glaring at Jim Bob when he was holding Josiah's arm and Josiah looked like he was crying after the Jubilee announcement.  I was never close to my grandmothers.  One died when I was one the other when I reached adulthood but she hardly paid attention to me and was always crabby.

• Upvote 7