IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

On 6/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Oh look, someone got their feels hurt.

Hide contents

A68F39C0-45A9-4427-AC95-512651C44F3A.thumb.png.3f3e46b94a9de373d30eb6869a5f0d44.png

Bitch please!

I was going to say more and decided it wasn't worth my time to type it out.  I have kittens to play with and baby things to crochet.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, Curious said:

I have kittens to play with and baby things to crochet.

Kittens and babies. Sounds like heaven.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I think there’s been bad blood between Deanna & Amy and the JB Duggar family for a long time.

In the speech the Duggars gave a few months ago with David and Priscilla, JB Duggar went out of his way to state on stage, “My sister had a baby out of wedlock”.

Is there a video online of this speech? If so can you direct where to find it?

7 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

@Curious THE LEVEL OF CUTE IS TOO DAMN HIGH

Squeeee

I'm looking for a cheap digital camera since mine died.   Pirate was spending his 2 hours of individual time on my lap today (turned into more like 6 hours because we took a wee nap together) and I missed SO many adorable pictures and I could have had a really good video of him killing his feather toy as well.

I can't believe how much they have changed since we found them a mere almost 3 weeks ago.   Echo looks pretty much the same since she is very dainty and with her being all black it's harder to see changes with her, but here is Pirate 5.27 and 6.12

pirate-5.27.19.jpg

Spoiler

pirate6.12.19a.jpg

Edited by Curious
trying to fix spoiler
  • Love 47

2 hours ago, Curious said:

I was going to say more and decided it wasn't worth my time to type it out.  I have kittens to play with and baby things to crochet.

Changing the subject a little!

Have you seen the little kitten nests (beds) that can be crocheted out of the large, chunky yarn (I don't know about crocheting, so I may have described this poorly!)

omg. cutest things ever!!! I am about to get a new batch of foster babies and I might have to learn!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

@Curious look at those ear! They sprouted out in a short amount of time. ?  Is Pirate part Maine Coon?

They are both too adorable for words. ??

• I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Kittens and babies. Sounds like heaven.

Puppies. There must be puppies. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 6

This is my girl, her momma was a feral and she was the only known survivor. Momma was a TNR eventually and our girl is 10 years old. She gives the best side eye! @Curious your kittens are absolutely adorable!!! 

Spoiler

4755E8B7-EED9-46C2-8C01-94A4DD1EA25B.thumb.jpeg.6dfedc67593b2ba469e160e1b7bca5ac.jpeg

Edited by DancingPhalanges
Wine
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 35

58 minutes ago, Curious said:

I'm looking for a cheap digital camera since mine died.   Pirate was spending his 2 hours of individual time on my lap today (turned into more like 6 hours because we took a wee nap together) and I missed SO many adorable pictures and I could have had a really good video of him killing his feather toy as well.

I can't believe how much they have changed since we found them a mere almost 3 weeks ago.   Echo looks pretty much the same since she is very dainty and with her being all black it's harder to see changes with her, but here is Pirate 5.27 and 6.12

pirate-5.27.19.jpg

Hide contents

pirate6.12.19a.jpg

I love him so much it hurts

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

My beautiful grumpy old feline Wallace. 

DB1D1C55-5408-409D-861B-01242DAF60BC.jpeg

38210958-3D6A-47BA-B11D-74234540C6E0.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 32

2 hours ago, Curious said:

pirate-5.27.19.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

pirate6.12.19a.jpg

Thought bubble says: "I want to go live with Wallace at OneKId's house".

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Is there a video online of this speech? If so can you direct where to find it?

We discussed it quite a bit in the Dillards 74 thread. I wrote a recap, as did several others, and there was plenty of snark-worthy content to go around.

• Thank You 4

We can’t have cats, so here is Cinnamon chowing on some kale. Her friend Peanut (facing the camera) is about to get some. Partly out of shot is Grace. (I stick them in a cardboard box when I clean the cage). 

Second photo is a close up of Grace by the water bottle.

08B69384-96C0-472C-A7E1-E0148911FCE2.thumb.jpeg.3dc114fef3743146971ec549a68fee43.jpeg

Spoiler

E8574E23-3809-443C-8993-44EDB4EC1FC0.thumb.jpeg.a79505871fc381743d74dc2ab703d99d.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 36

7 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

So what if Deanna had Amy when she unmarried, while it probably wasn't always easy for her bringing up Amy and having a rocky relationship, she at least didn't keep having more children than she could handle. Amy, while still raised Christian, was able to go to school and didn't have restrictions on what music she could listen to or what clothes she could wear. I think Amy was just angry over her grandmother passing and how some of her cousin's are handling it, I don't think their is a full on feud between her and the Duggar's but I think she is sick of Jim Bob and family acting like they are better than her and her mother. I hope they are able to be civil and don't end up not having a relationship, now Mary has passed. Mary would have hated that.

I dont necessarily how they'll be civil. if they were only being nice to JB Duggar and family to keep the peace with grandma Mary (who they obviously adored) then I hope they're able to let go of those toxic relationships. If they truly love one another (or even like) and want to keep the relationships then I hope they do, but I'm not sure that Duggar fundie-ism is something that they appreciate. It likely is harmful to them on some level. 

On the other hand, if they are close-ish without being in the cult, it could help any 2 or 3 gen duggars who want to escape. 

• Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

fdc32e48fdc431e8ce8ec67f756303ff.jpg

Here’s our pig, Helga Piggleschmidt. While she is going to be a mama pig, we love her so darned much she is basically a pet.

That is so cute!  I've never seen a pig on their back.  Is she getting a bath?  :D  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Puppies. There must be puppies. 

I agree!   I was finally getting my husband softened up to the idea of a puppy and then he goes and finds 2 kittens.   Since the kittens didn't fall out of a money tree, now a new puppy has to wait.   Plus, I don't think I can properly socialize that many tiny critters at once anymore.

4 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Changing the subject a little!

Have you seen the little kitten nests (beds) that can be crocheted out of the large, chunky yarn (I don't know about crocheting, so I may have described this poorly!)

omg. cutest things ever!!! I am about to get a new batch of foster babies and I might have to learn!

I haven't seen those. I'll have to look for them.  My kids are into cactus for some reason and apparently they aren't alone because I've found so many patterns for cactus stuff.   I just made a cactus blanket for the baby that my DIL requested.   I found a really cute cat bed shaped like a cactus so I think I'm going to get it and make a couple for my grandkitties.

Crocheting is something you can pick up pretty easily IMO.  I've taught several people how to crochet the basics in one 15-20 minute session.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

@Curious look at those ear! They sprouted out in a short amount of time. ?  Is Pirate part Maine Coon?

They are both too adorable for words. ??

We don't know what they are.  They just appeared in our yard 3 Sundays ago.  I said in my previous post that you couldn't really tell with Echo, but the more I look at her pics from the same days, her growth is not as dramatic (she is just going to be a very dainty, tiny cat), but you can tell she's maturing.   These pics are from the same days 5.27 and 6.12

Spoiler

echo-5.27.19.jpg

echo6.12.19.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 31

@Curious those babies are ADORABLE!!!! I miss the kitten stage with my 2...they were professional snugglers. Now, only when they're in the mood. 

Enjoy the babies!! Give them pets and skritches from me.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Curious those babies are ADORABLE!!!! I miss the kitten stage with my 2...they were professional snugglers. Now, only when they're in the mood. 

Pretty soon they will be all grown up and the world roof is their oyster:

DB3C3D59-3D74-4619-8241-8949B3E32677.thumb.jpeg.e6395429961c19c20a1f5879d55d11bc.jpeg

Although sometimes they will be content to just lie about and survey their kingdom:

Spoiler

0BFD1239-93CA-4E55-9B22-8F78DFE86095.thumb.jpeg.62bdc3bcb0238c238266dc4358b31602.jpeg

At least until a robin lands nearby...

Spoiler

34D886F6-3949-43E4-AE5F-4A703E3DCF1E.thumb.jpeg.105129f51245181b884ba858a0cc87aa.jpeg

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

This is my girl, her momma was a feral and she was the only known survivor. Momma was a TNR eventually and our girl is 10 years old. She gives the best side eye! @Curious your kittens are absolutely adorable!!! 

Hide contents

4755E8B7-EED9-46C2-8C01-94A4DD1EA25B.thumb.jpeg.6dfedc67593b2ba469e160e1b7bca5ac.jpeg

She is gorgeous!  This is the kind of coat that Echo is going to have.  Do you have to groom her regularly or does she self-groom well enough that she keeps from getting matted?   

We had a long hair previously, but her coat was not that really cottony, dense fur and she kept herself mat-free until she got pretty old and stopped self grooming.  Then she started to get mats on her belly that we had to groom for her.

I brush both of them once a day just to get them used to it right now, but it takes like 5 seconds per kitten they are so small.    I'm wondering if she is going to require daily grooming as an adult

7 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I love him so much it hurts

me too!  Truth be told I am more of a dog person.  I love cats and I enjoy having at least one in my household but it's been so long since we had kittens and the adults we have now are...difficult I forgot how much fun nice kittens really are.

He was perfectly happy to just sit on my lap and play with their feather wand and my hands, pat my face with his little paws and nap.   I got nothing done, but it was absolutely worth it :)

6 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My beautiful grumpy old feline Wallace. 

DB1D1C55-5408-409D-861B-01242DAF60BC.jpeg

38210958-3D6A-47BA-B11D-74234540C6E0.jpeg

Wallace is very handsome!

6 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Thought bubble says: "I want to go live with Wallace at OneKId's house".

LOL   I've tried that with so many puppies my breeder friends post pictures of.  It's never worked yet, sadly ;)    I'm pretty sure you'd have to pry him from my husband's cold dead hands.

Pirates loves me, but he thinks the sun rises and sets over daddy.  When my husband gets up in the morning, Pirate is sitting on the top shelf of their pen patiently waiting for him to come down the hall.   Until it's time to come out for breakfast (I still feed them on my lap for extra bonding) he will pace the pen following my husband and sticking his little paw through the bars anytime my husband gets close enough to touch.   When my husband picks him up out of the pen he immediatly starts purring.

He's been purring for my husband for a week or 10 days.  Yesterday was the first time I was able to crack his "purr code" and get him to purr for me without it being residual from him being handed to me.

• Love 22

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

We can’t have cats, so here is Cinnamon chowing on some kale. Her friend Peanut (facing the camera) is about to get some. Partly out of shot is Grace. (I stick them in a cardboard box when I clean the cage). 

Second photo is a close up of Grace by the water bottle.

08B69384-96C0-472C-A7E1-E0148911FCE2.thumb.jpeg.3dc114fef3743146971ec549a68fee43.jpeg

Hide contents

E8574E23-3809-443C-8993-44EDB4EC1FC0.thumb.jpeg.a79505871fc381743d74dc2ab703d99d.jpeg

awww they are adorable.  I love Guinea Pigs.   I had one probably 30 years ago now.  I love the little noises they make when they are happy.   Do you have to groom Grace?  Mine was a short haired one.

5 hours ago, Kaylo said:

fdc32e48fdc431e8ce8ec67f756303ff.jpg

Here’s our pig, Helga Piggleschmidt. While she is going to be a mama pig, we love her so darned much she is basically a pet.

Is she a umm farm pig?  I want a pot bellied pig so much, but I'm scared I will end up with one that turns out to grow to 300 pounds.   I don't know if the farm pigs are the same, but pot bellied pigs are amazing.    When I was in college I did my work study at the Vet Tech program and they had a piggy as an office pet. 

She was so amazing.  She would make the most amazing little snuffling and oinky noises when she was happy.  She was housebroken and would ask to go out just like a dog.  She had a little nest with her own space heater because apparently they like to be very warm.    She even did a few tricks.

She went around the campus in costume pulling a little wagon on holidays/special occasions.    The costume I remember the most was for St. Patrick's day.  She had a little green top hat and bow tie.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 16

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Thank you :)    I'm trying to create snugglers.  I'm not sure if it will work, but I've been watching/reading a lot on kitten development and socialization and was pleased to find I was doing a lot of the things they recommend already just using what I know about puppies and human babies.   I'd really like a cat that just wants to hang out at least nearish me since the dogs are all lazy bitches and can't be bothered to get off the sleep number bed during the day.

2 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Pretty soon they will be all grown up and the world roof is their oyster:

DB3C3D59-3D74-4619-8241-8949B3E32677.thumb.jpeg.e6395429961c19c20a1f5879d55d11bc.jpeg

Although sometimes they will be content to just lie about and survey their kingdom:

Hide contents

0BFD1239-93CA-4E55-9B22-8F78DFE86095.thumb.jpeg.62bdc3bcb0238c238266dc4358b31602.jpeg

At least until a robin lands nearby...

Hide contents

34D886F6-3949-43E4-AE5F-4A703E3DCF1E.thumb.jpeg.105129f51245181b884ba858a0cc87aa.jpeg

They are going to be strictly indoors, I would love to get one of those "catios" that has an entrance from the house to a large enclosed outdoor space for them to roam in safely, though.

They have really grown into gorgeous cats :)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6