IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

This was a tragic death and as horrible as the Duggars are, a lot of people (some pregnant) are grieving right now. 

I can’t believe People would go this low and sensationalize a personal tragedy for money.

I cannot stand the Duggars but death is the worst and I empathize for those grieving.

why wouldn't people publish this? they always courted people - it's public record 

why would people or the duggars have to cover it up . These people are shady already

she slipped and fell end of story. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 2

This is bullshit! I don’t care that the Duggars are assholes. They made their public statement on the death of JB’s mother and that should have been the end of it. How she died, unless she was murdered, is not a news story. Pickles is a worthless piece of crap. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

As much as i hate that all the details are starting to come out, it’s to be expected. The magazines/news outlets are doing their job. Mary was somewhat of a d-list celebrity, and she died suddenly & tragically. They weren’t going to ignore it. At least People had the decency to wait until facts started coming in instead of using a cucumber as their source, like Radar did. I just hope they are left alone at the funeral (but i’m sure they won’t be).

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

Just now, FrozenSmile said:

As much as i hate that all the details are starting to come out, it’s to be expected. The magazines/news outlets are doing their job. Mary was somewhat of a d-list celebrity, and she died suddenly & tragically. They weren’t going to ignore it. At least People had the decency to wait until facts started coming in instead of using a cucumber as their source, like Radar did. I just hope they are left alone at the funeral (but i’m sure they won’t be).

they won't be left alone if everyone in the family constantly is posting about it. 

these people court publicity - 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Pickles and People need to be locked in a chamber somewhere together. 

Someones death isn’t gossip, a tragedy isn’t a scoop and a families grieving isn’t something to be under the microscope. It’s disgusting, and just shows how tactless both people and old veggie penis are. 

There are very young children here who have lost their grandmother or great grandmother. It must be awful for all the Duggar’s (Amy included) because Grandma Mary was so involved and interwoven into each of their lives. It’ll be a huge adjustment. 

Also, no matter how much of a hideous person Jim Bob is, he has lost his mother, a mother who raised him, got him into real estate and helped raise his children, that’s got to hurt him bad. I lost my dad earlier this year, we weren’t exactly close but it hit me like a ton of bricks and I can’t even begin to explain how I felt, so I sympathise with losing a parent. 

People and Pickles should be deeply ashamed of themselves and bury their heads fully in the sand after making a sincere public apology 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

why all the shock? she slipped, she fell and she died. 

Someone in the family or related or ever a stranger found her. They called the police 

again - there is no mystery 

they just loved her which is fine. 

People will report what they report because again the duggars are $ 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Also, no matter how much of a hideous person Jim Bob is, he has lost his mother, a mother who raised him, got him into real estate and helped raise his children, that’s got to hurt him bad. I lost my dad earlier this year, we weren’t exactly close but it hit me like a ton of bricks and I can’t even begin to explain how I felt, so I sympathise with losing a parent. 

I agree with having sympathy for his loss, but I have no sympathy for the invasion of  his privacy even at a time like this.  One simply cannot have it both ways.  If you deliberately and consciously set out to make a fortune by pimping out your family for fame and $$$, you don't get to pick and choose how that fame plays out. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Here’s how People should have done their article. 

Mary Duggar 78 passed away Sunday afternoon in her home in Tonitown, AR. Mary was the mother of Jim Bob Duggar, 19 Kids & Counting (TLC). On the family’s official Facebook page they said “quote from fb”. Her granddaughter Amy Dillion said on Instagram “Amy IG quote” Mary is survived by her son Jim Bob and wife Michelle, daughter Dena, 20 grandchildren, and X great grandchildren. 

ETA - Pickles should have just said the family’s Facebook post and kept her mouth shut. 

Edited by grandmadugger
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I agree with having sympathy for his loss, but I have no sympathy for the invasion of  his privacy even at a time like this.  One simply cannot have it both ways.  If you deliberately and consciously set out to make a fortune by pimping out your family for fame and $$$, you don't get to pick and choose how that fame plays out. 

Yeah I completely get that! 

Something just doesn’t sit right with me about it being thrown around by tabloids and cucumber so nonchalantly though. I think maybe because Grandma Mary herself never signed up for fame and therefore I think her death shouldn’t be splashed for $

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Coming out of lurkdom to post.  I thought it odd that JD and Abbie have not made an instagram post about her.  He may have been a responder to this incident. He was a responder I think when Josie was sick. I truly hope not.  Like everyone else I truly hope everyone is getting the support they need.

• Sad 10

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

Here’s how People should have done their article. 

Mary Duggar 78 passed away Sunday afternoon in her home in Tonitown, AR. Mary was the mother of Jim Bob Duggar, 19 Kids & Counting (TLC). On the family’s official Facebook page they said “quote from fb”. Her granddaughter Amy Dillion said on Instagram “Amy IG quote” Mary is survived by her son Jim Bob and wife Michelle, daughter Dena, 20 grandchildren, and X great grandchildren. 

ETA - Pickles should have just said the family’s Facebook post and kept her mouth shut. 

I agree. The Duggars are nasty and many of you know by now that I’m not one to defend them but it’s up to the Duggar family to decide how and IF/when they decide to release the news.

Perhaps they wanted to discuss it in a morbid TLC Counting On episode, which wouldn’t surprise me, or maybe they did not want it known. Ethically speaking, it should be up to the family to decide. Although, I guess tabloids aren’t known to be ethical anyway...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I think we'll know more about how JB is handling his mother's death when we find out if there was a film crew at the funeral.  And you know Pickles will tell us.  
I keep flashing back to Jubilee and how distasteful that was.  

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, NorthernGal said:

Coming out of lurkdom to post.  I thought it odd that JD and Abbie have not made an instagram post about her.  He may have been a responder to this incident. He was a responder I think when Josie was sick. I truly hope not.  Like everyone else I truly hope everyone is getting the support they need.

The probability is on the side that he was. If he wasn’t he at least heard the call which can be just as bad if not worse.  Austin was also part of one of the departments in that area so he is another possibility. 

I worked a call that was the grandfather of several members of the department. It was hell because the grieving family also had to finish the call and everything that goes with that kind of call. 

• Sad 8

3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I think we'll know more about how JB is handling his mother's death when we find out if there was a film crew at the funeral.  And you know Pickles will tell us.  
I keep flashing back to Jubilee and how distasteful that was.  

That's one thing I thought of, it will probably be an episode in the upcoming season. Urgh. I get it, money money which will be sold to the kids as "a tribute", but just let them grieve for goodness sake.

• Upvote 5

I suspect the circumstances of Grandma Mary's death would have come out eventually, but I'm sure her family has more than enough to deal with right now.  I find what Pickles did appalling.

• Upvote 16

I was a first responder & heard a call come over from my brothers address. Their infant son wasn't breathing. (thankfully we got him breathing again and he's fine) but I will never ever forget that call as long as I live. It was chilling. When I got to the scene I saw the chaplin there. That hit me hard because as a first responder I knew chaplins were only there when it was really bad. 

• Love 29

How traumatising for John David if he did have to take that call. I'm not 100% sure what role a first responder has but I will assume it's similar to a paramedic. From one of the reports I get the impression that she was still breathing and had to be resuscitated. If true then his final memories of seeing his Grandma will be so hard to deal with and I doubt he will get the proper support he needs.

• Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think anyone should be jumping to assumptions. We have no way to know whether the funeral will be covered on the show or whether a Duggar was involved as a First Responder or anything. We don’t know why some Duggars chose not to post on social media - maybe they felt they didn’t have the right words to honor her memory the way so many posters here have described experiencing themselves. Let’s just be cautious in how we speculate - we don’t want to be as bad as Pickles. 

And I agree with both sides - I don’t find it surprising that tabloids are running the story, but I don’t think it’s exactly appropriate either. I think the family should have been allowed to discuss the details (if they chose to do so) when they felt ready, but I also get that this is part of what happens when you sign your lives away for a reality show. I don’t think this is anything malicious against the Duggars specifically as I would guess other celebrity families have dealt with similar experiences where details of a tragedy are released when they’d prefer to keep them private or they’d prefer to reveal it on their own terms. It still doesn’t sit right with me though. They’re hateful people, but they’re genuinely hurting right now over something that is a true tragedy and I do think they should be left in peace. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 10

I used to work for a newspaper. When someone well k own passes it's considered a news story and details about how they died are included. For example, if a well known person commits suicide they'll include this information; if a regular person commits suicide they'll write that they "died unexpectedly."

The Duggers are savvy enough to have known this info would get out. They could have said grandma died in a tragic accident or something to that effect.

Edited to add that obits are essentially paid ads; the Duggers can include or exclude any information they wish.

Edited by SecularMusic
  • Upvote 11

oh yes the funeral will be on the next season, these people will milk it for the $

and they can talk endlessly about jesus and death 

it will be called a very special episode

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

How traumatising for John David if he did have to take that call. I'm not 100% sure what role a first responder has but I will assume it's similar to a paramedic. From one of the reports I get the impression that she was still breathing and had to be resuscitated. If true then his final memories of seeing his Grandma will be so hard to deal with and I doubt he will get the proper support he needs.

He may be who whoever found her also called because of how close they lived to her.  In 1981, yes I'm old, when home from college I went to bed early after just finishing finals at college.  All the sudden I heard coughing and a big bang.  I knew immediately my grandpa had fallen.  He had had a massive heart attack and I could not save him even though I was trained in CPR.  It haunts me still today and I can see it vividly in my head right down to kneeling down in front of my grandma and telling her I couldnt save him.  No matter who you are or what you have done death and the subsequent grief isnt easy.

• Sad 5
  • Love 33

I would not put it past JB to want the details of his mother's death to be all over the media. I also wouldn't put it past him to capitalize on her death either. Remember Grandpa Duggar?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

I used to work for a newspaper. When someone well k own passes it's considered a news story and details about how they died are included. For example, if a well known person commits suicide they'll include this information; if a regular person commits suicide they'll write that they "died unexpectedly."

The Duggers are savvy enough to have known this info would get out. They could have said grandma died in a tragic accident or something to that effect.

Edited to add that obits are essentially paid ads; the Duggers can include or exclude any information they wish.

I studied journalism in college and I'm aware how this works. Ill clarify my statement: I find it wrong that Pickles spread this around the way she did and that some news outlets picked it up based off her claims alone. If People waited until they had independent confirmation then that’s one thing, but running a story based only off of internet rumors without independent confirmation or evidence isn’t journalism in my opinion. 

I also don’t think it’s really fair to claim the Duggars should have known. I’m guessing they did likely realize, but not everyone thinks clearly when they’re grieving and there may have been other priorities they needed to handle first as well. 

• Upvote 9

Two of my cousins are volunteer firefighters. One was the first person to the car at the scene of the accident that killed their mother. His brother arrived just as he realized it was their mom. He immediately told his brother to stay in the truck as others, including the state patrol, had arrived. When the state patrol officers found out it was their mother, they put them both in the back of the patrol car and as soon as enough responders were on the scene had someone stay there with them. 

My cousins have never recovered completely from that. 

• Sad 20
  • Love 18