IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

My husband's grandmother is still alive and well. Idk her age. But, I love that she knows my kids well and we see eachother often. She's a neat lady. My kids are 12 and 16 and had ,until recently, 2 great grandmothers!  Their living great grandmother's husband passed last year. So, they got to really know 3 great's!  I think thats really cool!  All I have of my great's are a pic of one of the greats grandma's holding me as an infant, I always thought that was super cool, nevermind this!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Jessa is a talented writer. I am bawling like a baby. I feel like I met Grandma Duggar, from her tribute.

On another note, I can’t help but wonder why JB never encouraged his daughters to pursue a career as they clearly admired how Grandma Duggar was a successful business woman, wife, and mother.

I’m starting to think that Grandma Duggar was the rock of the family. JB really took after her. In there speech with the Wallers, Michelle said the person she admired most was Grandma Duggar and mentioned her business skills. She mentored everyone. I think Michelle was the one that sent the family on the Quiverfull submissive wife crazy train.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 22

After reading all these tributes, I get the distinct impression that Mary saw through Michelle’s “mother of the year” facade and stepped in to make sure the kids were physically and emotionally cared for.

I suspect Amy is not the only one who lost a parent figure.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

Jessa’s tribute made think of my Grandma who also introduced herself as Grandma to everyone and became a surrogate mother to so many. Mary was the foundation for that family and from the sounds of it the calm among the storm.  Her absence will be felt and the younger kids will not have that now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

I just read Jessa's tribute. I'm bawling. I feel like I met Grandma Duggar through the post. I hope the fact that she clearly admires her Grandma and her business skills is a hint that she will allow her children to have a career of their choice. As Joe & Kendra said, she nailed it.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

My nanny was like that. She was “nanny” to everyone. She’s been bedridden for a few years and now has Alzheimer’s/dementia. I feel like I’ve been losing her in portions for a long time. I can speak with her but it’s not the nanny I knew anymore. I don’t know what’s worse. For nanny probably the fact that she’s still here but isn’t really. It’s all hard. I miss her and know one day soon I’ll have to miss her all the more. I cry all the time. She was/is a mother to me. 

• Love 23

In the comments Jessa confirmed that the 21st grandchild is Tyler. Apparently Mary always considered him as her own grandson.

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 8

16 minutes ago, Topaz said:

In the comments Jessa confirmed that the 21st grandchild is Tyler. Apparently Mary always considered him as her own grandson.

That’s really sweet. Glad she felt that way. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I’m actually kinda sad about this. I rather liked her, or at least the her presented on the show.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Can someone post Jessas tribute? Please.  I got blocked. How, idk. I made one ,to me, pretty basic comment on her insta. It was under a major snarky OP tho.  I actually told that op to cool it. Back when the molestation came out. 

44 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

That’s really sweet. Glad she felt that way. 

Isn't Tyler her actual grandson? I thought his mom was Michelle's sister. No? A cousin of Michelle?

5 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Isn't Tyler her actual grandson? I thought his mom was Michelle's sister. No? A cousin of Michelle?

I don’t think he was. I think he’s from Michelle's side of the family.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Can someone post Jessas tribute? Please.  I got blocked. How, idk. I made one ,to me, pretty basic comment on her insta. It was under a major snarky OP tho.  I actually told that op to cool it. Back when the molestation came out. 

No, Tyler is from Michelle's side of the family. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So y'all wanna know my super power?  Jumping Mt Everest in a single conclusion, no really.   

Sorry for being a dick earlier. :embarrassed:  I finally cooled off and came back and realized, holy fuck did I go over the top. No excuses.  

I respect anyone that can come back and admit it. FJ as a whole is pretty forgiving ❤️

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

No, Tyler is from Michelle's side of the family. 

Oh yeah, duh!  I'm getting old.

?

• Haha 3

Goodness! Jessa got me too! I'm sobbing, my grandma that I was very close with passed while I was pregnant with my first baby. I've still not delt with it, I can't. My mom just doesn't have a nurturing temperament and my grandma was always what I needed. In her last years I pulled away because she had demencia and I was young and couldn't handle it. I felt like she was already gone but now I wish I could go back. It kills me I did that to her. I visited but not like I should've. 

• Love 12

5 hours ago, sableduck said:

Pickles is basically Jill.  There is no limit to how low she will go.

wait a minute, you may be on to something...

(when I was a tween, my older brother told me that Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson were actually the same person. I believed him.)

#highlysuggestible #andsuspicious

• Haha 9

I was going to say something snarky about Jessa’s wall o’ text. Then I read it and burst into tears on the train. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

wait a minute, you may be on to something...

(when I was a tween, my older brother told me that Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson were actually the same person. I believed him.)

#highlysuggestible #andsuspicious

I actually remember this rumor going around.

• Upvote 2

Jessa’s tribute read really well. I can’t express how sad I am for the entire family, especially Deanna and Jim Bob, and of course all spouses, grandkids, great-grandkids and everyone else. There are just no words. It seems like Grandma Mary was the always modest, hands-on rock of the family and I can’t begin to imagine what the time after her passing must feel like. 

Coming back to Jessa’s post, I gotta admit Jessa has a way with words. I get why she was the teacher for the littles while still at home. In a non-fundie world, she could’ve easily had a great career.  Btw, I think the same about Jill. Just because she words things poorly, overdoes emojis, and generally comes across as a bit awkward doesn’t mean Jill’s not talented. She’s just not a gifted writer. Jessa took over a day to post something, Jill posted almost immediately. It just means Jessa took some time to put her grief into words that she deemed appropriate for Grandma, and Jill just quickly voiced her feelings in a much different yet just as valid way. Just because one is better at SM doesn’t mean the other one’s feelings aren’t valid or just as strong. 

My heart also breaks for Amy, for all the reasons that have been mentioned. I don’t think Grandma Mary would’ve ever wanted the shock of her sudden death to affect one of her pregnant granddaughters(-in-law), so I hope all of them stay healthy given the circumstances. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

@allthegoodnamesrgone I’m sorry my post was confusing. I’m guilty of skimming through on my work breaks. I didn’t realize there was another conversation going on around the Pickles thing. I knew it was a misunderstanding and I wasn’t upset or anything. All cool!

• Upvote 11

On 6/9/2019 at 11:49 PM, grandmadugger said:

It reads like an obituary not a family written story. Either it wasn’t a shock or Mary was prepared and had her obituary written already just in case. My grandma wrote her own 20 years before she died 

I've written mine but I'll have to pay the funeral home before I go.  My survivors won't like it.

"Jennifer J. Juniper died yesterday.  She was an INTp and a huge Small Faces fan.  But if you knew her, you already know that.

Her parting words are 'Good night and joy be with you all'". 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone I’m sorry my post was confusing. I’m guilty of skimming through on my work breaks. I didn’t realize there was another conversation going on around the Pickles thing. I knew it was a misunderstanding and I wasn’t upset or anything. All cool!

Not your fault, at all.  it was mine.  No worries. ?

• Upvote 2

I lost my grandmothers when I was 8 and 10, my great-grandmother died when I was seven. They were all hard. My mom's dad passed before I was born. My last remain grandparent, Dad's dad got Alzhemiers not long after my grandmother passed away. He might have had it before but no one noticed because Grandma had been so sick that year. He died when I was 20 but he mentally gone not long after Grandma passed. It really sucked. We were lucky enough that my great-grandpa lived until I was 26. Two years ago my mother died after two years of seizures and strokes. But its just always hard. It doesn't really matter if its sudden, after a long disease or what.  It just really sucks. We missed them all so much. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

19 hours ago, Beermeet said:

My husband's grandmother is still alive and well. Idk her age. But, I love that she knows my kids well and we see eachother often. She's a neat lady. My kids are 12 and 16 and had ,until recently, 2 great grandmothers!  Their living great grandmother's husband passed last year. So, they got to really know 3 great's!  I think thats really cool!  All I have of my great's are a pic of one of the greats grandma's holding me as an infant, I always thought that was super cool, nevermind this!

I am 50 and my grandmother is still alive and is about to turn 91!  My great grandmother died when I was in my 20's and my daughter was around 3 years old.  My paternal grandmother died in 2005 during Hurricane Katrina but my paternal grandfather passed away when I was about 5.  My maternal grandfather died also when I was in my twenties.  I currently have 1 granddaughter and we have 5 generations still living right now, my grandmother, mother, myself, my daughter and granddaughter!  I am very close to my grandmother as she basically raised me and she is very close to my daughter and granddaughter (her great, great granddaughter) as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8