IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

I an so sorry for their loss, especially Amy. I feel her pain. I was super close to my maternal grandmother. My other 3 grandparents had passed away by the time I was 9.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I lost all my grandparents by the time I was 12. 2 were dead before I was born 1 died when I was 3 then the last one died when I was 12. I have a new dog client.  This week I’m watching her new puppy two days in a row because it’s her grandchildren’s moving up ceronomies at school. She told me her parents were very involved with her kids & she is determined to do the same. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I feel especially sad for Amy as Grandma Mary helped raise her.

According to Pickles, Mary had a stroke in December. I can’t help but wonder if she, allegedly, had another stroke. People are most at risk of suffering from a second stroke within a couple of months after the first.

Recurrent stroke facts according to stroke.org:

”At least 1 in 4 (25%-35%) of the 795,000 Americans who have a stroke each year will have another stroke within their lifetime.

Within 5 years of a first stroke, the risk for another stroke can increase more than 40%.

Recurrent strokes often have a higher rate of death and disability because parts of the brain already injured by the original stroke may not be as resilient.”

https://www.stroke.org/we-can-help/survivors/stroke-recovery/first-steps-to-recovery/preventing-another-stroke/

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Thank You 4

According to a talk Michelle and Jim Bob gave earlier this year, Mary had two strokes in December.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 16

7 hours ago, albireo said:

given the uniquely close relationship between Amy and Grandma Mary, I think Baby King will also have a tribute to her. I see him having Lester (Mary's maiden name) somewhere in his name, more likely as a middle name.

Just as long as his first name isn't Moe...... (I know, I'm terrible, but humor is how I deal with things)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

My Grandma died June 4th 2011. I haven't exactly gotten used to it... and when it happened I didn't write much online (of course, my mother would have thrown a fit -- she hated her. Of course, Grandma was dad's mom, and mom doesn't like dad's family). She was 79, which seems/seemed too young to me, but she had been a lifelong smoker (and all those years I believed her when she blamed her friend's visit for the house smelling like smoke!) and had developed a lot of health issues the previous 2 years.

I do feel sorry for the Duggars. It's never easy losing a grandparent. I feel especially for Amy... if her grandmother helped raise her, they must have been especially close. And in this situation, I imagine being 1 of 19 it must have been hard for Mary to get 1-on-1 time with JB's kids ?

• I Agree 5

My maternal grandfather passed last October. He was 89 and fit as a fiddle and his mind was sharp as a tack. His hearing and eyesight weren't great but other than that he was in good shape. He was only three months away from his 90th birthday :( It was sudden and although he was "up there" and we knew it could happen at any time, we still weren't prepared or ready to see him go.

• Love 11

19 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I also feel a little extra for Amy. I was lucky to have all my grandparents alive until I was in my mid 20s but it still always makes me a little sad they never got to meet Miniway. 

Both my grandmas were dead before I was born. But my daughter was very close to my mother and her other grandmother who died years ago (my mother died last year at 91). Grandmas are indeed special, I always wanted one. 

• Love 17

Pickles is now reporting they found her floating in the pool at her house around 5:00 pm..... She needs to leave them alone. 

• Angry 8
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 29

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

This whole discussion is causing me to think how I’d post about losing a grandparent online. I’ve gotten much more private on social media recently, but I think I’d make an exception if my grandparents, parents, or someone else very close to me died. 

This is very interesting to me as I would post nothing about the death (or birth) of anyone close to me. I don't hardly post at all on any social media, so it wouldn't be noticeably different for me.

I think the only time I ever posted about Adeline (2 y/o grandchild) being born was on here. 

I am not about sharing my joy, my pain or my daily life. I tend to talk to my best friend and family when I need to. 

Disclaimer: Yes, I know everyone is different.

Edited by Chickenbutt
spelling
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

The only grandparent I knew lived in NYC & didn’t drive.  Till I was about 8 years old I thought all grandparents didn’t drive, lived in NYC, & went to Florida in the winter. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Jana said on her story That Grandma Duggar was making food for them yesterday morning, and another Duggar said she had been at church that morning. Whatever happened, at least she didn't suffer.  ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

Pickles is now reporting they found her floating in the pool at her house around 5:00 pm..... She needs to leave them alone. 

She really is the lowest scum there is, isn’t she? Not even TMZ is reporting this. Good Lord, have some respect, you disgusting fermented cucumber! ?

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 6

23 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Can’t snark as much as I dislike her/them. Losing my grandma broke me. RIP. 

This comment says a lot.  How very lucky you are to have had your grandma’s love. The love lives on.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Pickles infuriates me. That’s someone’s loved grandma. Duck you putting the supposed details of her death out there. What if they didn’t want the littlies to know the full details? I know it’s hard to keep secrets in a big family and circle but you just made it harder. And what if it isn’t true and those little kids find out and are horrified. Fuck you and fuck you again. 

9B087FEB-E4A7-45B5-8F46-C8828316434F.png

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 10

Grief is such a hard thing, so I don’t judge anyone for how they process theirs. 

My dad’s parents (dad, stepdad and mom) are all passed on now. His dad died when he was only eleven, so I never knew him. However, his stepdad who I knew as grampie, passed away three days before I turned 20 from cancer. That really shook me. My nana, his wife, passed a month before I turned 30. They lived across the country from me growing up, and only moved to my town once I was 16, so while their deaths were tragic and sad, I was able to overcome them over time. 

My moms parents are both still alive, and were my second parents while growing up. I’m dreading the day one of them dies. However, I should have at least six years left, if the pattern continues. I’m hoping I have many more years than that left, but my grandpa is turning 80 this year and says he’s tired. His worst fear is winding up in a nursing home, so as morbid as it sounds, I hope he drops dead one day in the garden he loves, rather than wasting away in a wheelchair in a nursing home. My grandma is never allowed to pass. 

• Upvote 13

Pickles is a disgraceful person. She doesn't even have a tiny shame for herself?

• Upvote 25
  • Love 1

I can’t believe Pickles posted that. The family would have shared what happened to Mary if they wanted the public to know. I feel horrible for the family but my heart hurts so much for Amy. She is pregnant and is going through the worst right now. For her, it’s like losing a parent.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 3

I feel Pickles is talking a Trump route, there just isn't a bottom to their horrid actions. 

RIP grandma, poor kids and especially Amy. I hope she has a good support system around her. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

JFC Pickles, we don't need to know everything. I don't think highly of the person who shared it with her either.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

That's so sad, my thoughts are with her family at this sad time, especially Amy as I know they were so close.

Its a shame she never got to meet her great grandchildren.

My grandma died unexpectedly too a couple of months ago, three of us grandkids were pregnant at her funeral.

That's very low of Pickles to post that, let the family have some privacy, she should think about how the family would feel if they saw it.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Pickles is a disgusting human being. She’s like the lowest kind of trashy tabloid journalist. Ugh.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

I didn't know whether to write this as I am new to this forum and usually don't share such personal information so soon. I have never really told anyone this but I have seen everyone else sharing their stories so I wan to. My heart goes out to the Duggars  at this time more than I want to admit. I will never get to meet my paternal Grandad. He died long before I was born. My father and I are separated by many miles of ocean and I have not seen Daddy for several years for personal reasons. I hope to reunite with him soon. I found out Grandpa had passed away a few years ago whilst trying to find Dad. It was such a shock. There is a photo of his gravestone and that of another relative's who tragically passed away in infancy. My heart is shattered that I will never get to meet him and Grandma Duggar's passing has opened old wounds. I hope to be able to meet my Dad soon and am trying to find work so I can do so. I do not like Jim Bob at all but if he were stood in front of me now I would offer him the biggest hug. His heart must be broken at this awful time.

Pickles has no right to share the information she has. It is personal. if the Duggars want to share it that is different but it's in no way her place to do so. I am so angry about what she has done. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 18

8 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

This is very interesting to me as I would post nothing about the death (or birth) of anyone close to me. I don't hardly post at all on any social media, so it wouldn't be noticeably different for me.

I think the only time I ever posted about Adeline (2 y/o grandchild) being born was on here. 

I am not about sharing my joy, my pain or my daily life. I tend to talk to my best friend and family when I need to. 

Disclaimer: Yes, I know everyone is different.

I think that’s ok. Everyone handles big life changes differently. If it feels right to you that’s all that matters. :) 

I usually don’t post when someone close to me has a baby or someone dies (Velocitoddler’s birth being the exception.) I might comment on a post someone else might make, but that’s about it. My maternal grandparents and my parents have played such a huge role in my life that I might change that for them, even if it’s just to share a simple photo or their obituary. I’m hoping I won’t have to face that choice for many years, but I’ll just play it by ear when the time does come and do what feels right in the moment. 

• Upvote 4