IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

Am late to the party, but am LOVING this thread drift. ? Here is a picture of my 11 year-old rescue bunny, Sherman. He’s rambunctious and adores back massages and having his snoot booped. He is also known for pulling cookies out of my mouth and running away with them. 

Its been really interesting to see what a vast array of grandma relationships everyone has had. My paternal grandma didn’t like people, except for my aunt. She lived 5 minutes away during most of my childhood / teenage hood, but we only even saw her on Christmas Day and Easter, when she would sit with her purse on her lap and watch the clock. I remember one birthday—I think I was turning 9—and I asked her if she would come over to have dinner and cake.  She replied that she couldn’t because she was going to Burger King with my aunt. Sadly, my aunt became just as reclusive and antisocial, and even though my first child was born while grandma was still alive, my aunt would not permit me to bring him over. (She became grandma’s caregiver and gatekeeper during the last years). Neither of them ever met my husband either, nor expressed any wish to.  I doubt I will ever see or talk to my aunt again. Sometimes there’s this impression that you’re supposed to feel a certain way toward a person because they are related to you, and when your relationship doesn’t match up, or your feelings don’t match up to what you sense is expected by the world, it feels like there’s something wrong with you. But reading everyone else’s stories made me feel like normal is a spectrum. I didn’t cry when I learned grandma had died. There was no service because there would have been no one to come besides my mom, dad, aunt and me. And if I’m honest, life really isn’t much different with her gone. 

73230217-8235-453E-B0D5-16A1CDE9DAD2.jpeg

Edited by sparrow
Riffles
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 41

Here is my Crissy...hence Criscat. my less than 10 lb 13 year old fraidy cat. lol 

Since the last time i was on here I proved i'm not allowed to go to Petsmart....I adopted a kitten who is a holy terror but so sweet at the same time. (Crissy would not agree). Don't have a picture of him but he's twice her size practically. 

I've been banned by my family from going to Petsmart when they have adoption events now. 

chrissy.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 32

On 6/17/2019 at 8:32 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No way to prepare...I’ll co-sign that all day

Over40 years ago I unexpectedly lost my dad.  I've also learned to live with it, but miss him as much today as that awful day so may years ago

• Love 18

I don't care about thread drift.  Sometimes I get annoyed when I have to skim passed endless posts about who wears shoes in the house and who only served punch and snacks at their reception.  Than I find myself sucked into War of the Roses and recipe drift.  However I have found it particularly jarring to come to a thread about someone dying and have to scroll through pages of pet pictures.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

This is Lola's daughter, Francesca. Francesca was named after the vet who saved her beautiful Daddy's life. She was such a strong willed and feisty young girl. We bonded so well. She was a ball of energy and loved her food. The vet told me she needed to lose weight at her six month vet check but she did eventually grow into herself. About a year ago we found out she had a tumour in the jawbone. She passed away late last summer. 

IMG_6520.JPG

• Sad 2
  • Love 37

I don't like this thread drift for one reason only, it makes me want to get a pet and I can't just now but I'm loving seeing all those beautiful animal's. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 10

My dear maternal granddaddy was Mentally unbalanced dairy farmer who ran of with his teenage daughters best friend and never contacted his legal wife( never got divorced) or children again. They practically starved while my grandmother  worked  like a dog. Now I read in FB how to his second set of children by the teenager thought him the best dad/grandad ever. Jerk.

• Sad 14
  • WTF 3

On 6/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, omgpleasestop said:

far out. Enough of the cat, dog, rabbit pics. Other people's pets are the equivalent to their kids. They think they're amazing but not everyone else does.

Cool, back on topic...

BLASPHEMER

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

On 6/20/2019 at 3:15 AM, Dandruff said:

A bit OT and morbid, but I wonder if the Duggars have made arrangements for future graveyard space.  There are a lot of them and counting.

They could have their own graveyard. There’s so many of them. 

On 6/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, Thorkim1954 said:

Duggars as kids.jpg

Wow, you can really see that Felicity takes after Jinger in this photo. Even the bow is the same!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

BLASPHEMER

Shun the non-believer! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Wow, you can really see that Felicity takes after Jinger in this photo. Even the bow is the same!

Yes! And Spurg right below her. He looks just like Jessa in this picture.

Is that Jill or Jana on the left?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Josh is not in that family picture! Who cropped him out!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Yes! And Spurg right below her. He looks just like Jessa in this picture.

Is that Jill or Jana on the left?

1 hour ago, sparrow said:

Jill on the left, Jana on the right. ?

Yep. Jill is right in front of JimBob and Jana is performing an impressive Fundie Headship gaze towards Michelle for someone who appears to be no older than five.

• Haha 7

I love animal picture thread drifts!!  The more the better.  Here’s my kitty, he’s a good mouser, takes no crap and rules the house. I’ve always had dogs, he’s my first “this is mine” kitty.  I really love this little man.

Spoiler

943E5131-DF9C-4B6E-98C7-72EC49F1061C.thumb.jpeg.b080fa05b09284c1dd5a36e119e8320a.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 31

Cat-greetings from northern Sweden! These two are siblings. Mom was a bengal, dad an abyssinian (I think that's the right word in english as well). They have the body shapes of abysinnians, but the colours and scream levels of bengal cats :) 

228267_5726654427_9107_n.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Love 41

8 hours ago, sparrow said:

Jill on the left, Jana on the right. ?

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on.

• Haha 26
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I love animal picture thread drifts!!  The more the better.  Here’s my kitty, he’s a good mouser, takes no crap and rules the house. I’ve always had dogs, he’s my first “this is mine” kitty.  I really love this little man.

Hide contents

943E5131-DF9C-4B6E-98C7-72EC49F1061C.thumb.jpeg.b080fa05b09284c1dd5a36e119e8320a.jpeg

Aww. Look at all that fluff.  He's beautiful. He reminds of a cat I had about 30 years ago. I don't think my girl had quite that much of a ruff though.  So handsome!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Is this just a natural thread drift or is it the new way to handle a troll?  Either way I love it, as I don't wear nail polish or much makeup.

(For new readers, at times when a thread had troll problems, members would start posting about makeup and nail polish until the troll got bored and went away.  You could learn a lot about that sort of thing if you were interested.  I'm pretty sure there are some FJers who would seek out such threads so they could engage in some beautifying conversations.)

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Flossie said:

Is this just a natural thread drift or is it the new way to handle a troll?  Either way I love it, as I don't wear nail polish or much makeup.

(For new readers, at times when a thread had troll problems, members would start posting about makeup and nail polish until the troll got bored and went away.  You could learn a lot about that sort of thing if you were interested.  I'm pretty sure there are some FJers who would seek out such threads so they could engage in some beautifying conversations.)

I don’t remember how this particular drift started, but yes. I can confirm that I’ve personally used pet thread drift - and seen it used by others - to deescalate conversations and help handle troll situations in the past. I figure it’s cute and a topic most people are relatively interested in or at least ok with, so more people are likely to want to participate to keep the adorable going. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:07 AM, zcccrv said:

My neighbourhood supervision team.

20190417_174040_HDR~4.jpg

“This doesn’t concern you, Karen. Mind your business.”

?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 24

On 6/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, Iamtheway said:

They could have their own graveyard. There’s so many of them. 

Share and save the difference?

• Haha 9