IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

5 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

The entire thing - the viewing & the funeral - were filmed by TLC. 

After Jubilee I’m not surprised by anything they make public.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 23

13 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Thank you for letting us know. I hope that this was something Mary would be ok with or that she approved of ahead of time. And I really hope that the family members no longer being filmed weren’t prevented from fully participating due to the film crews either. I even hope that Smuggar, as gross as I find him, was able to mourn his Grandma without interference. It would be horrible if TLC took precedence over the actual family members.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 17

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

What on God's green earth does this have to do with a discussion about state laws for autopsies?

That's a bit mean. Feministxtian is going through a crap time right now. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Thank you for letting us know. I hope that this was something Mary would be ok with or that she approved of ahead of time. And I really hope that the family members no longer being filmed weren’t prevented from fully participating due to the film crews either. I even hope that Smuggar, as gross as I find him, was able to mourn his Grandma without interference. It would be horrible if TLC took precedence over the actual family members.

I guess we will be seeing a few sunurst rays at GM's funeral 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

That's a bit mean. Feministxtian is going through a crap time right now. 

If you read the posts in context you’d see why this was said.

Going through a terrible time doesn’t give anyone a free pass to publicly post empirically wrong information without anyone refuting it.

If people chose to participate in public conversations then others can respond and it doesn’t make them mean. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I wish the pictures of the funeral were not made public. Maybe it's because my grief is so recent and raw I say that. 

I am so very sorry for your loss.

But I am going to say very gently that this may not be the best thread to hang out in just now. 

Your grief is so recent and raw.  TLC and the Duggars, because of their iniquitous contract with TLC, are going to turn this into a circus.  And people here are going to comment on the circus.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

My maternal aunt and her husband were there. I didn’t ask her a lot of questions but she said it was very respectful. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

I see no reason why Grandma Mary would be opposed to filming her viewing and funeral- did she ever express disapproval over filming certain subject matter while alive? 

Also, I've brought this up before, but I would bet money that the Duggars have solid "death plans" (whether those are wills, advance directives, or just clear directions to love ones). JB, for his many faults, is a savvy enough businessman to plan for the worst. Or at least for planning on self-preservation. They've all been exposed to death enough to at least have a vague sense of the decisions that need to be made. Maybe it's just intuition, but I would be seriously surprised if Grandma's end-of-life wishes were not known and/or not obeyed.

Anyway, that's all to say that filming probably falls under that "planning" umbrella for the Duggars.

• Upvote 20

23 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Such a boopable snoot!

LMAO!!! We say “boop” and boop it all the time!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

Oh no. I won't be watching it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Anyway, that's all to say that filming probably falls under that "planning" umbrella for the Duggars.

Well, as far as filming goes, that is the TLC contract.  Goodness knows whether they have living wills or DPOAs.  I hope they do.

I hope everyone (the adults that is) are fully informed of all the permutations of the TLC contract.  Including filming of all their illnesses, death throes, and obviously their funerals.  If the cameras can get there fast enough.

Again, the minor children working in Reality TV have no choices, no guaranteed trust funds, and no protections in AR at the moment.  Children working in entertainment and Reality TV are still not covered by federal law.  AR has yet to enact legislation to protect them.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

EFF whoever made that decision. EFF them, EFF them, EFF them!

I'm not a huge reality TV watcher, is there precedent for this? The funeral of a reality TV personality being filmed for the show? (Other than the times it's already been done on Duggar shows) 

• Upvote 2

My ex-SIL was found dead on her kitchen floor by one of her grown sons (in Arkansas).  The family couldn't afford an autopsy, so none was performed; that was the first time I ever heard of the family cost for the process.  This was several years ago, so I am not claiming to know Arkansas law now.

But didn't the medical examiner say she had drowned?

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

EFF whoever made that decision. EFF them, EFF them, EFF them!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was Mary herself. This will now be the third televised Duggar funeral. Grandma didn't seem to object to Grandpa's end of life and funeral being filmed, so even if she didn't outright request it, she definitely knew it was the done thing in her family. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

33 minutes ago, Mimosa said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was Mary herself. This will now be the third televised Duggar funeral. Grandma didn't seem to object to Grandpa's end of life and funeral being filmed, so even if she didn't outright request it, she definitely knew it was the done thing in her family. 

Yeah, and wasn’t Mary the one making calls waaaay back in JB’s politics days trying to get them on tv?

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I am so very sorry for your loss.

But I am going to say very gently that this may not be the best thread to hang out in just now. 

Your grief is so recent and raw.  TLC and the Duggars, because of their iniquitous contract with TLC, are going to turn this into a circus.  And people here are going to comment on the circus.

Thanks. It actually took me a couple of days to read this thread. I did it, because I've always liked Grandma Mary. 

The only thing Im judging here is that her furneal and the pics are apparently public. I know people mourn and grieve differently. 

Gotta say, I loved the fur baby discussion as well. 

• Love 12

My ex-SIL was found dead on her kitchen floor by one of her grown sons (in Arkansas).  The family couldn't afford an autopsy, so none was performed; that was the first time I ever heard of the family cost for the process.

As I understand there’s a cost for the family if it’s just them requesting the post mortem. If it’s law enforcement or public health ordering it then it wouldn’t be billed to the family.

My great uncle was found dead on his kitchen floor by his brother. If I remember right he wasn’t responding to phone calls so his brother went to check on him and found him. No autopsy was done - he had health issues so even though his passing wasn’t expected at the time our family knew he could’ve gone. He had been looking at going into a senior community when he died.

And five years ago Saturday my uncle died. It was completely unexpected. He stroked out. My aunt found him and they rushed him to the hospital but he died soon after arrival. The doctor said it was likely quick and painless. No autopsy there either cause the doctors knew what took him out.

• Love 7

Is an autopsy required in all cases?

No. Deaths caused by violence, state custody deaths, and unexplained deaths will be sent to the State Crime Lab for an autopsy. Other deaths are determined on a case by case basis and may or may not require the State Crime Lab. Most medical and unattended deaths do not require an autopsy.

https://bentoncountyar.gov/coroner/faq/

• Thank You 6

People magazine has published the pics from Jill's Instagram.   Is that Sam with his arms outstretched?  Looks like he saw the canopy and thought he was at a tent revival!  

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Anyone else surprised that they had the funeral so quickly?  She only passed away on Sunday afternoon, right?

Hide contents

And I don't want to be morbid--but was an autopsy required?

It probably depends on state/local laws. Where I live if you die at home and it's unwitnessed a autopsy is required. My good friend passed suddenly in 2016 and even though her parents were in the home at the time she died they still had to do an autopsy because nobody witnessed her actual death. The only time it's waived is for chronic illness and hospice cases, to my knowledge. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don’t trust families to always know of foul play was involved or to determine how/why someone died.

just my opinion, but for the public good I do think accidental deaths need to be confirmed accidental by a medical professional.

I wasn't referring to families knowing if foul play I was referring to police/coroner. They will give you the option, if they can say with relative certainty that it was natural/accidental death, especially when the dead is an elderly person, or has underlying health issues that doesn't make the death all that shocking. Like my SIL, she was only 42 when she died, she appeared to fall between her bed and the nightstand while trying to get out of bed, so she either fell from being disoriented, or from a massive system failure and died. Either way, she had a litany of health issues, including morbid obesity, type 2 Diabetes, cardiovascular problems, and mental health issues. No autopsy was done on her, and she was a fairly young individual, the family didn't want one and the cops and coroner ruled it natural causes/accidental.   

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do you think there was an altar call* at the funeral?  that used to happen in my Appalachian hometown!

*For those not familar with the term: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altar_call

I'm sure their was, all the fundylite funerals I've attended had one. 

• Upvote 3

far out. Enough of the cat, dog, rabbit pics. Other people's pets are the equivalent to their kids. They think they're amazing but not everyone else does.

Cool, back on topic...

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 8
  • Downvote 19
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 9
  • Haha 2

This is just another example of the Duggars actually worshiping at the altar of money.

Whatever form of Christianity they are hawking is so skewed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1