IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

Losing a loved one is always hard. Condolences to the Duggars.

Like others, it’d be nice if one of the forthcoming babies had Mary in their name (providing there’s at least one girl). 

• Upvote 2

Horrible news, thoughts go to the family. Regardless of their beliefs losing a family member is the worst and Mary always seemed so caring and helpful towards the family. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Very sad, especially for Amy and Deanna. Funny how they can brag about Mary’s career but discourage careers for their girls. What’s the event in the photo? It happened after Ivy’s birth and Jessa was wearing a floral crown.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

19 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

What’s the event in the photo? It happened after Ivy’s birth and Jessa was wearing a floral crown.

My guess is that they ran out of time to do the pregnant Duggar group photo shot because Ivy was born earlier than they expected, so they ended up doing group photos of all the remaining pregnant girls plus Jessa with the baby.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

My guess is that they ran out of time to do the pregnant Duggar group photo shot because Ivy was born earlier than they expected, so they ended up doing group photos of all the remaining pregnant girls plus Jessa with the baby.

Yeah, but where? Jessa looks like she’s dressed as a bridesmaid - whose wedding was it?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@QuiverFullofBooksI don't think it was a wedding necessarily... When they originally said they were going to do a "photo shoot" I imagined they were gonna get dressed up specifically for the purpose of taking pictures and have them done in a field or something. Like Kendra and Joe's 2nd baby announcement a couple months back.

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yeah, but where? Jessa looks like she’s dressed as a bridesmaid - whose wedding was it?

Ben's sister got recently married, maybe that was it?

• Upvote 2

Ivy was born early so she was able to meet Grandma Mary. Plus she was born on grandma Mary’s birthday. I said when she was born I was surprised she was not named after her. Possibly Ivy MaryJane. I’m sorry for their loss. 

15 minutes ago, Kak said:

Ben's sister got recently married, maybe that was it?

No, she was pregnant at the wedding.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

I read this morning that she passed. I feel really bad for them. Considering they recently posted pictures of her holding Jessa’s baby & she seemed fine.  

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

@QuiverFullofBooksI don't think it was a wedding necessarily... When they originally said they were going to do a "photo shoot" I imagined they were gonna get dressed up specifically for the purpose of taking pictures and have them done in a field or something. Like Kendra and Joe's 2nd baby announcement a couple months back.

Okay, now I see what you meant. Jessa’s outfit is kind of an odd choice for that, but it explains Michelle’s coordinating outfit.

• Upvote 2

So sad for them and in particular, Amy. Sudden and unexpected deaths can be so hard to cope with.

I hope they can find comfort in their memories of Grandma Mary. To me she seemed like a very generous woman. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I kind of feel sorry for Cousin Amy. She was very close to her Nanna and it has to hurt that she won’t get to share her baby with her. 

I have to say it must have been sudden. 

I lost my grandpa in November while pregnant and the fact that he will never meet my baby girl is what hurts me the most. He was so excited about me being pregnant too. 

I can only imagine how Amy is feeling 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 31

It must be really hard to have to show hapiness in circunstances like this, like Jill is doing. Sure she believes in heaven and grandma is now with Jesus, but you can still be sad, and there is nothing wrong with showing it. Its probably really harmfull to not be allowed to grief at all.

• Upvote 13

Grandma Mary was a kind, sweet woman who always had a smile & hug for those around her. Say what you will about JB, but he doted over his mother whenever she was around, and i know he & Deanna (and the rest of the family) are heartbroken. RIP, Grandma Mary. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

I woke up this morning and in my half-asleep daze I thought it was all a dream. This is such sudden and tragic news. Condolences to the family. Like many others I feel bad for Amy. I was only watching her yesterday on 19KAC and what a lovely, kind lady. She passed away the day after my 21st. So sad but it does bring back the whole circle of life thing into reality. Death is an awfully inevitable thing. I wonder if TLC will dedicate a Counting On episode to her or film the funeral.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 5

My last remaining GPS died 2 months before my Daughter was born. MY GM ( dad’s mom) was already a GGM, but this would have been the first GGC for my GP ( mom’s dad).

Also, the 4 generation photo should contain JB, not Michellle. He is the blood relative. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Awwww man. How sad. I lost my Nan suddenly, and still miss her 22 years later. Grandmas are a special kind of people. ❤️

• I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I feel really bad for Amy.  I always felt that she seemed closer to Grandma Mary then the Duggar kids were.  I could be wrong though. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

Wasn't it mentioned by a Duggar child that Grandma Mary had suffered several strokes this year? Maybe she was in poorer health then they really let on (which is fine that they respected her and kept that quiet). It's sad to hear she had passed. It's never easy losing a grandparent (or anyone loved).

• Upvote 11

I hadn’t really thought about it much before, but considering Amy’s mom and dad weren’t married much of her life, it makes sense that Grandma Mary would have played a larger role in Amy’s life than basically all of the other grandkids. I’ll be honest, reading Amy’s message actually got to me in a way the other’s didn’t. As some of you know I lost my mom 7 years ago (just hit the anniversary recently) and death is a difficult subject for me. Reading her message, the grief felt very raw. I truly hope Amy has solid support and love around her, as do all the family during this tragic time. 

Edited by CharlieInCharge
Added thought
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 15

Amy wrote the most heartfelt message, did she got to public schools or private christian school? She seems much more eloquent than the Duggarlings, which admittedly is a very low bar.  In contrast all Joy wrote was she was a strong Godly woman who was my favorite person to watch Price is Right with (NIKE models in bathing suits). While this is nice it is still very generic, these kids (and yes Joy is still a kid) don't have the ability to verbalize their emotions much less put them down on pen and paper/computer, you know what I mean.  

I do feel badly for Amy and Deanna & Jim Boob, because in spite of everything awful about him, he loves his family.

5 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I hadn’t really thought about it much before, but considering Amy’s mom and dad weren’t married much of her life, it makes sense that Grandma Mary would have played a larger role in Amy’s life than basically all of the other grandkids. I’ll be honest, reading Amy’s message actually got to me in a way the other’s didn’t. As some of you know I lost my mom 7 years ago (just hit the anniversary recently) and death is a difficult subject for me. Reading her message, the grief felt very raw. I truly hope Amy has solid support and love around her, as do all the family during this tragic time. 

Grandma Mary was just the washroom slave for Michelle. I know she lived at the TTH, for several years, but I think Deanna lured her away with a home where she wasn't required to do 30 loads of laundry a day. I don't think the Duggar kids saw much of her unless they were going into the laundry room closet. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2