IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

Families are weird. We can both love and hate our kin in the same breath, depending on what is going on at the moment.

I agree that Grandma Duggar may have been the glue holding this extended family together. It is often that family -iarchs, like all leaders (and their minions lol) will put out fires, squash uprisings and keep rebellious types in check, aiding in the stability of the unit to the general public. It will be interesting to see if the passing of a beloved mother/grand will bring them closer together or not. Anyhow, I wish peace for anyone experiencing the loss of a loved one no matter how long ago. Grief is often one of the most crushing emotions we will ever experience in this life time. 

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I hope JB remains civil in this ordeal, especially going forward. He most likely is now controlling the purse strings. As much as I think he loves his family, I think he really worships money. He has a lot of people that he apparently feels he must support control, and that sometimes causes people to make tainted and unkind choices.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Dis is Moo, she don't give no fucks about nothing, she can't hear you (she's deaf), she doesn't like you, but you better feed her and pet her when she wants you to, or you will hear about it until your ears bleed. She does like my daughter, which is fine, because she was my daughters Christmas present about 4 years ago, but she only likes my daughter, and my daughter LOVES her, and her bitchy cattitude, they are a perfect match. She is perched on my daughters bed. 

11855702_1481798038785167_1470445233112575909_n.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Love 32

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Dis is Moo, she don't give no fucks about nothing, she can't hear you (she's deaf), she doesn't like you, but you better feed her and pet her when she wants you to, or you will hear about it until your ears bleed. She does like my daughter, which is fine, because she was my daughters Christmas present about 4 years ago, but she only likes my daughter, and my daughter LOVES her, and her bitchy cattitude, they are a perfect match. She is perched on my daughters bed. 

11855702_1481798038785167_1470445233112575909_n.jpg

OMG THE GLORIOUS NECK CHUB OVERFLOWS

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 11

8 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Did I dream that it was said they wanted to take in Amy and raise her as a sibling and that her mother wouldn't agree to it? 

I think I’ve heard that as a rumor or theory, but I can’t recall any authoritative sources.

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

OMG THE GLORIOUS NECK CHUB OVERFLOWS

She sometimes called Fat Moo, and then we scold the fat shamer as we don't judge in this house. Except Mavis she's an asshole. She hates Moo, and Moo hates her, she hate our other kitty Rico and he isn't real fond of her either.   We are really hoping our son gets his own place soon so he can taker her with him, we've had her 2 1/2 years and she still fights with our other two cats, she's cute, playful and snugly she just needs to be an only cat.

16939192_10154516261918736_3950811831974523787_n.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Love 17

38 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I won't judge anyone for how they grieve. I have my issues with the Duggars, but my heart goes out to them. My father was sick for a few months, buy I was unprepared to lose him. It still breaks my heart. 

I’m so sorry for your loss. My father also passed after a lengthy illness but I was also shocked by how raw and painful the experience was, despite having time (allegedly) to prepare. There’s just no way to really prepare for the reality of losing a parent. I’m going on 20 years and I still miss my dad. All the love to you. ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 20

20 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. My father also passed after a lengthy illness but I was also shocked by how raw and painful the experience was, despite having time (allegedly) to prepare. There’s just no way to really prepare for the reality of losing a parent. I’m going on 20 years and I still miss my dad. All the love to you. ? 

No way to prepare...I’ll co-sign that all day.

this October will be 25 years since I lost my dad.  Yesterday was his birthday as well as Father’s Day. 

I learned to live with it but I keep waiting to get over it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 25

Coming out of lurking to post a picture of what I love more than anything but certain humans. And she loves me as you can see. 

6FDF702F-CF36-4F07-8D69-8B317931ACC3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 36

8 minutes ago, Jaedzia said:

Coming out of lurking to post a picture of what I love more than anything but certain humans. And she loves me as you can see. 

Such a boopable snoot!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

This is Emma Junipurr. She is an old lady cat, blind and hypertensive, and very vocal. She's had some health challenges over the past few months but has remained the same sweet girl I adopted nearly seven years ago. She's very proud of the fact that she has a Daddy now - my boyfriend and I just purchased and moved into our first home and she loves it when he refers to himself as her Daddy. He's wonderful with her. She made him a special heart-shaped gift in her litter box yesterday, but I refused to take a photo. Meowmyhood only goes so far! 

IMG_20190420_123140242.jpg

Awwww home made gifts are best kind!  ?

her sweetness leaps off the screen.

• Haha 8
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Awwww home made gifts are best kind!  ?

her sweetness leaps off the screen.

Aww, thank you! I'm feeling a little guilty because in the week that we've been in the house she's been relegated to the powder room on the main floor (with baby gates on the door, we're not barbarians) and while it's for her own good we still feel guilty. We just don't want her to get hurt. 

IMG_20190608_195249912.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

Just now, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Aww, thank you! I'm feeling a little guilty because in the week that we've been in the house she's been relegated to the powder room on the main floor (with baby gates on the door, we're not barbarians) and while it's for her own good we still feel guilty. We just don't want her to get hurt. 

IMG_20190608_195249912.jpg

We just moved two weeks ago and I had the same guilt.  They know deep down we’re jist tryibg to keep them safe, but that won’t stop them from trying to get their way!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I’m reading everyone else’s personal stories, and it makes me realize just how blessed I am, and I really need to stop taking advantage of time. I’m 28 years old, and both sets of my biological grandparents are still alive. While I think my mom’s parents could live another 10-15 years (based on health and their family history), I know that my paternal grandparents probably don’t have many years, if months, left. My grandmother is the same age as Grandma Duggar, and it’s kind of hitting me that I need to make more time to call or visit. 

When they do eventually go, however, previous history makes me think I won’t handle it very well. One year ago today, my next door teaching neighbor died very unexpectedly from a blood clot on Father’s Day. She was only 33. It’s the only major loss I really have dealt with in my adult life, and my was of grieving was wanting to be by myself for a week and cry all day. Up until then the only losses in my life was my great-grandmother a few months before I turned 13 and a great aunt about a year and a half ago. The difference was both their deaths were very expected, and I while I loved this aunt, I also wasn’t as close with her as other family members were. I am very close with my grandparents, though, particularly my paternal ones. I guess if I can have comfort in anything, it’s my belief that this teacher is in a better place and we had a wonderful personal conversation the last day before summer break. Both of our co-teachers decided they wanted something different and decided to teach with each other the following school year, and while we wanted to support them, we were both obviously still hurt. It hit hard because you never truly know when one conversation could be your last one, so I definitely don’t want to take advantage of my family while they’re still here. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

This is our Slash. He is the sweetest cat ever, wish my kids were this sweet. :laughing-rolling:

IMG_3326.jpg

What a handsome boy.  He looks like he knows it too :)

2 hours ago, Jaedzia said:

So jealous.  This is what I'm hoping one of the kittens is like.  The dogs can't get up on my bed.  I can barely get up on my bed.  The cats can jump up on it though.  They don't stay and lay down though.   I want company damnit 

1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

This is Emma Junipurr. She is an old lady cat, blind and hypertensive, and very vocal. She's had some health challenges over the past few months but has remained the same sweet girl I adopted nearly seven years ago. She's very proud of the fact that she has a Daddy now - my boyfriend and I just purchased and moved into our first home and she loves it when he refers to himself as her Daddy. He's wonderful with her. She made him a special heart-shaped gift in her litter box yesterday, but I refused to take a photo. Meowmyhood only goes so far! 

IMG_20190420_123140242.jpg

She looks very zen here :)

• Love 10

1 hour ago, Yaoichan12 said:

This was my Sadie on her last day with me last June. She had a smile the whole day even up until the vet came to the house to help her cross the rainbow bridge. ❤️

IMG_20180629_101559477.thumb.jpg.e70f548f69d994a47dce85b622c28991.jpg

aww I'm sorry for your loss.  What a beautiful old girl!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

All these fur-babies are too adorable... but they make me miss my Momo so much. He had to go to doggy-heaven last January, yet everytime I see another dog, I think of him. I wish I could still kiss his lovely snoot. Please give your furbabies lots of hugs and kisses for me tonight.?

DSC01543.thumb.JPG.a0625d300649e84dce57b1997b3e8922.JPG164.thumb.jpg.7339369854f436d2b115c0ebb64e7a3f.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 35

3 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

All these fur-babies are too adorable... but they make me miss my Momo so much. He had to go to doggy-heaven last January, yet everytime I see another dog, I think of him. I wish I could still kiss his lovely snoot. Please give your furbabies lots of hugs and kisses for me tonight.?

DSC01543.thumb.JPG.a0625d300649e84dce57b1997b3e8922.JPG164.thumb.jpg.7339369854f436d2b115c0ebb64e7a3f.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss :(   He was gorgeous

• I Agree 4
  • Love 2