IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My beautiful grumpy old feline Wallace. 

DB1D1C55-5408-409D-861B-01242DAF60BC.jpeg

38210958-3D6A-47BA-B11D-74234540C6E0.jpeg

Your Wallace looks like he could be another brother to my Sham-Wow...

Spoiler

358BD400-00E7-45F4-AA52-28E41A6AFC3C.jpeg

thats him looking dapper in his new harness that he hated during the move.  So don’t judge my messy pillows...it was moving day.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 9

Well here is my input if we're talking about our pets. I rescued my 10th hamster a few months ago and she brought an unexpected surprise with her. I miss their precious baby smell. L-R Aroha, Cleo (above), Minoo, Storm, Taffy and Tiny (above), Bindi. Unfortunately mummy passed away a couple of months ago but I have kept the three girls and the twin boys. 

P1080276.thumb.JPG.92e3164ff29fcd8c5cd95b16883d1c2a.JPG

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 35

5 hours ago, Curious said:

I'd really like a cat that just wants to hang out at least nearish me since the dogs are all lazy bitches and can't be bothered to get off the sleep number bed during the day.

If you’re lucky they’ll be like mine and need to be so close to your face while lying down you’re in danger of suffocation by cat.

and your dogs aren’t lazy...they are power mappers!

• Upvote 6

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you’re lucky they’ll be like mine and need to be so close to your face while lying down you’re in danger of suffocation by cat.

I know it was just a typo, but now I'm thinking of dogs rapidly drawing perfect maps and helping others with topography and navigation ?

• Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

Velocipuppy is a 4 year old beagle mix and she bounces between being super lazy and borderline insane without warning. It’s kind of hysterical to watch her get the zoomies most of the time. The only time it bothers me is if there’s a risk of her waking my daughter or accidentally hurting her. Those don’t happen very often though, so it’s mostly just funny.

She can also be extremely loving and maternal. When our daughter was an infant she wanted nothing more than to be as close to her as possible. If I blew raspberries on her tummy our dog would actually get angry at me and make me stop, regardless of the fact that my daughter liked it, because she thought I was hurting “her” baby. She would lay down close to the mat when my daughter was doing tummy time and sneak as many kisses as she could (usually right in her open mouth. :doh:) She’d insist on being with us no matter where we went in the house too. Velocipuppy would throw a fit if we tried separating her from us, so we skipped crating her or gating areas off in favor of keeping her on the leash until she learned how to behave with the baby. We started potty training our daughter yesterday and our dog spent almost the entire day cordoned off in the kitchen with us. She could have easily gotten around the barricade (the toy box and coffee table were moved over to block off the carpet and she’s a jumper), but she opted to stick close to us because she was worried about my daughter. I like to joke I’m the surrogate AND nanny for my dog. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 13

20 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Is there a video online of this speech? If so can you direct where to find it?

David and Priscilla’s blog website.

• Thank You 1

My Adolf

315467dd9ed5a5deaf167bb2b35e2b6e.jpg

Too lazy today to conquer anything today.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 21

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe not *that* close :P   So far still no allergic reaction to the kittens, but I keep waiting for the day.   I am hoping that I'm building a tolerance to them as they age and it won't be much of an issue, but I'm not exactly holding my breath either.

Suffocation by cat reminds me of my mother when I was pregnant with my first. We had 1 cat for several years before I got pregnant.  Then suddenly my mom decides our cat is going to turn into a baby killer by "stealing the baby's breath."   An old wives tale that I had heard before.   I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore her.   She kept asking when I was getting rid of the cat.  I was like uh when she passes away?   She bugged me about it to the point that I actually adopted TWO more cats while I was pregnant when the opportunity arose (I wasn't passive aggressive with my mom at all!).    So she finally gave up directly telling me *my* cats were going to kill the baby for which I was greatly relieved because I didn't really want to become the crazy cat lady with a newborn (and my husband wasn't super thrilled that he had more litter boxes to clean since I couldn't clean them while pregnant).

Then one day I was at my parent's house and she started telling me this story and at the end the baby will KILLED by the family cat!!!!   I was thinking "seriously!?!?!"    Every time she told me a story there was a nefarious baby stalking cat in it.

Fortunately, my cats were not baby killers and she survived to adulthood unscathed by breath sucking cats.

The dogs do have to save up their energy for when my husband is home and they have to follow him from room to room so they don't miss anything exciting!

8 hours ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

Unfortunately I am very allergic to cats, and since I am a teacher, I would feel very guilty leaving a dog by itself all day in my tiny one-bedroom apartment.

Enter Milo, who thinks he’s a dog anyways. 

9B865633-B93B-425E-AE47-BC34398AB799.jpeg

EA34E679-C091-4BA0-BD78-2F740CB5E106.jpeg

1697A705-9A2A-4ADE-A1E7-77D2C7B0B706.jpeg

a house bunny!   I love bunnies and would have a house bunny in a second if I could be bothered to bunny proof my house or an area of my house, but alas that will never happen.

I love to watch videos of them on youtube.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

39 minutes ago, Curious said:

Maybe not *that* close :P   So far still no allergic reaction to the kittens, but I keep waiting for the day.   I am hoping that I'm building a tolerance to them as they age and it won't be much of an issue, but I'm not exactly holding my breath either.

Suffocation by cat reminds me of my mother when I was pregnant with my first. We had 1 cat for several years before I got pregnant.  Then suddenly my mom decides our cat is going to turn into a baby killer by "stealing the baby's breath."   An old wives tale that I had heard before.   I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore her.   She kept asking when I was getting rid of the cat.  I was like uh when she passes away?   She bugged me about it to the point that I actually adopted TWO more cats while I was pregnant when the opportunity arose (I wasn't passive aggressive with my mom at all!).    So she finally gave up directly telling me *my* cats were going to kill the baby for which I was greatly relieved because I didn't really want to become the crazy cat lady with a newborn (and my husband wasn't super thrilled that he had more litter boxes to clean since I couldn't clean them while pregnant).

Then one day I was at my parent's house and she started telling me this story and at the end the baby will KILLED by the family cat!!!!   I was thinking "seriously!?!?!"    Every time she told me a story there was a nefarious baby stalking cat in it.

Fortunately, my cats were not baby killers and she survived to adulthood unscathed by breath sucking cats.

The dogs do have to save up their energy for when my husband is home and they have to follow him from room to room so they don't miss anything exciting!

a house bunny!   I love bunnies and would have a house bunny in a second if I could be bothered to bunny proof my house or an area of my house, but alas that will never happen.

I love to watch videos of them on youtube.

I know we didn’t have the same in laws, but might as well have.  Mine were also convinced my cats would kill my firstborn but since he just made guacamole I’m pretty sure he survived to adulthood as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

On 6/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, church_of_dog said:

I both empathize with you as well as feel the same way.  

My mom has dementia and is in memory care.  A combination of personality, geography and the dementia means she has not kept up her friendships for several years now.  I have such an averse reaction to the prospect of calling people from her past to tell of her death and invite to a funeral, that I don't plan to do it.  Unless I have reason to think she's been in recent contact with friends (or family -- she has a sister on the other side of the continent she's never been close to) I see no reason to have a ceremony the logistics of which are so dread-ful (in a literal sense) to me, her only remaining close family member.

It will be just me and the funeral home/cemetery, most likely.  I'll write to her sister (if still alive at that point -- she's older and it might be moot by then) and nephew afterward, of course, but it's not like they would fly thousands of miles for her funeral when they haven't even spoken in years.  Nor could I handle it well if they did come.  I'll be in charge, so I'll do what works for me, while complying with her wishes as much as possible.

My stepdad died from Lewy body dementia a month ago. Up until the end his daughters were in denial.  Even when we called to tell them he was dying they still didn't believe it. Please feel free to PM me if you need to talk. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 14

After years of disliking pugs, I did a csection on Pugzilla 7 months ago and kept her.  I just won some snazzy free glasses at a lunch meeting and they really suited her face.  Obviously we also have guinea pigs (7) but I don't have readily available pictures.

Spoiler

pug in glasses.jpg

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
spoiler
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 24

8 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

After years of disliking pugs, I did a csection on Pugzilla 7 months ago and kept her.  I just won some snazzy free glasses at a lunch meeting and they really suited her face.  Obviously we also have guinea pigs (7) but I don't have readily available pictures.

pug in glasses.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the smooshy faced breeds.  I like my dogs to have some snoot to boop and grab.  Pugs are the one exception to that.   I'm not sure what it is about them but I just love them.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

She took a LOT of repairing once we got her to get her to a good quality of life (almost all her teeth were rotten, upper airway repair, etc).  I am really not a fan of smooshy breeds either for their million health problems, but darn it if she wasn't one of the nicest dogs I had ever met.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 12

59 minutes ago, Curious said:

I like my dogs to have some snoot to boop and grab. 

words to live by. 

• Haha 14
  • Love 4

I like medium-large breeds with snoots to boop. I miss having a dog but I have the ferocious felines who like to boop. Big stupid knows I'm beyond stressed out right now so his solution is to lay on or near mama, making sure as much of him as possible touching me and purring up a storm. His current favorite is across my boobs. Nice part is getting a face full of floof whenever I want. Not so nice part...a shirt FULL of cat hair. 

When we have a house, my dream dog is a golden retriever...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

words to live by. 

I amuse myself by booping noses and saying "Where do we go on vaction?" <boop the nose> "The Poconos" (get it?  poke a nose)

Why yes, I am easily amused. Why do you ask?

• Haha 20
  • Love 2

I'm just here to say I love pugs, I want one. But we have 3 cats and one cranky old dog who all other dogs, she's 17, we amuse her. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t believe Amy was ever super close with her cousins. I believe TLC threw her in for the first couple of seasons and the European trip to mix things up and provide comparison. I think all parties were relieved when that faded away. I imagine Amy feels incredibly judged by that lot, and I imagine JB and Michelle feel terrified of her potential influence on their super sheltered brood. I’m sure that the Duggar kids have received extensive schooling on why Amy is a sinner through and through and how they must pity her. 

Im loving the animal pics. We are the proud owners of a giant doggo. Newfoundland Bernese X and all her residual hair. There is no escape from the dog hair.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Grandma Mary's passing = one less obstacle in the way of a tell-all. I'm thinking if Amy ever felt like spilling the beans she probably would have wanted to avoid hurting the feelings of her grandmother who seemed like a nice lady. Whereas now...

A tell-all from an actual Duggar kid would be dynamite, but I'm sure Amy has some fucked-up pretty interesting things to tell as well.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

Grandma Mary's passing = one less obstacle in the way of a tell-all. I'm thinking if Amy ever felt like spilling the beans she probably would have wanted to avoid hurting the feelings of her grandmother who seemed like a nice lady. Whereas now...

A tell-all from an actual Duggar kid would be dynamite, but I'm sure Amy has some fucked-up pretty interesting things to tell as well.

Amy may choose to reveal any goings on, if she suspects the Duggar's are trying to screw her mum or her over. She may not care that much for Jim Bob, Michelle or many of the older children but she does seem to care for the younger Duggar's and may still want to see them.

• Upvote 3

Jim Bob seemed to be geniunely fond of Amy, IMO, from what we saw of their relationship on the old show. That was years ago, of course.

• Upvote 6

Did I dream that it was said they wanted to take in Amy and raise her as a sibling and that her mother wouldn't agree to it? 

On 6/14/2019 at 5:02 PM, clueliss said:

How do we know that they are blase?  Or not shocked?  What face they put in publically versus what they do in private can be very different.  And grief is very different for people.   

Maybe expressing it a little would seem less cold?