IGNORED

Trooping the Color 2019

tabitha2

I was just looking at all the pictures of the BRF on the balcony and I noticed that the Tindalls weren’t there this year.

Both Charlotte and George did half hearted backward waves as they were walking back into the palace. These kids are already so over it, haha. Louis is definitely a cutie.

• Upvote 2

There were too damn many people on that balcony as is. The Queen had her 3rd cousins and their kids up there but She loves her family and it’s her birthday( kind of) so it is what it is I guess. 

• Upvote 1

The assortment of relatives always seems so random and this wasn’t even the biggest crowd they’ve had up there on the balcony. I have no idea what the criteria is for standing up there, outside of being related to the Queen, of course.

A part of me thinks that all the extended relations are taking advantage of the opportunity now. Not sure how it would be the most polite way to say this, but I can only assume when Charles ‘takes over’ that there will be a lot less people up there for Trooping the Color. It’ll be just Charles, Camilla, Wills+Kate+kids, Harry+Meghan+kids and maybe just maybe siblings+spouses+ titled kids. That’s my somewhat educated guess anyway.

Edited by BlondeIdol
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I think it’s who’s available and/or who has not had a turn in awhile. Queen probably wants to give everyone a chance. 

1 hour ago, BlondeIdol said:

The assortment of relatives always seems so random and this wasn’t even the biggest crowd they’ve had up there on the balcony. I have no idea what the criteria is for standing up there, outside of being related to the Queen, of course.

There have been 40+ crammed on that balcony in previous years.  I think it may be that all the rellies get invites, but the crowd on the balcony is limited to the ones who can't think of an acceptable excuse fast enough.  They could view it better on TV.

It is a fantastic display of pageantry, precision marching and good music, but the kiddies must get very bored.  They are probably playing with Lego in a back room on Horse Guards Parade (where non-participating royals view the proceedings), or playing tag at the palace with nannies, before being herded onto the balcony for the obligatory Royal Show and Tell.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

I was just looking at all the pictures of the BRF on the balcony and I noticed that the Tindalls weren’t there this year.

Both Charlotte and George did half hearted backward waves as they were walking back into the palace. These kids are already so over it, haha. Louis is definitely a cutie.

Zara had a horse competition (Bramham Horse Trials) the same day as Trooping 

• Thank You 1

Oh my gosh those three children are just so adorable. George looks tired - rubbing his eyes - but knows he still needs to do that final wave. So cute. 

Louis’ excitement is fantastic. Love it. 

I think the outfit is the sweetest touch.

62895675-090D-4A9D-8587-83299195AAE7.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Harry seems a bit cranky. When he scowled and told Meghan to turn around on the balcony, the hurt  look on her face when she turned around was pretty obvious.

She needs to learn you don’t turn around and chat when “God Save the Queen” is playing. Even the children knew that and they take it seriously. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 12

They were probably happy that the orange stench was finally gone from their country.  Y'all know what orange stench I refer to.   The 73 year old one with the personality of a toddler.

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

Meghan and Harry's behaviour at trooping was bizarre.  

During the carriage ride she gave him a little smack on the thigh and it didn't look like a joke.  There was Harry's grumpy look - and her looking as if she might cry.  She also looked at one point like she was talking to herself (or maybe that Harry, Jack Brooksbank and Andrew were ignoring her?) and Harry spent quite a bit of time talking to the Yorks.

It looked to me like maybe they'd had a tiff... just IMO of course.  It didn't look like a happy occasion for them, anyhow.

But on a happier note, Jack B. seemed to fit in and enjoy himself... and all three Cambridge kids were just adorable.

• Upvote 2

Oh no! Hopefully it’s just a  spousal tiff they worked out privately and not a sign of the past repeating itself. Never ends well for the married in person, esp. one so foreign( no pun intended) to this way of living and operating. 

• WTF 1

The video is odd. It certainly does look like he's sniping at her and she's about to cry. It's hard to have a disagreement in front of family, let alone in front of half the world watching you. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s important to remember that they are new parents. Yes, I’m sure they have much more help than most new parents do, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pretty tired and somewhat stressed as a result. On top of that, Meghan is recovering from giving birth and is dealing with postpartum hormones as well. I was completely unprepared for the hormonal changes after having my daughter and it was extremely difficult to deal with emotionally and physically. And this was apparently the first time Meghan had really left Archie since his birth, which can be really tough for some parents - he was somewhere inside, but it can still definitely be weird having someone else watch your baby even if they’re just inside. Basically, parenthood is something you just really can’t prepare for completely ahead of time and it can really be a stressful adjustment for some people.

All of that could very well have played some sort of role here. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about there being trouble in their marriage or anything. They may have just had an off day and had the bad luck to have it caught on cameras.

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think it’s important to remember that they are new parents. Yes, I’m sure they have much more help than most new parents do, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still pretty tired and somewhat stressed as a result. On top of that, Meghan is recovering from giving birth and is dealing with postpartum hormones as well. I was completely unprepared for the hormonal changes after having my daughter and it was extremely difficult to deal with emotionally and physically. And this was apparently the first time Meghan had really left Archie since his birth, which can be really tough for some parents - he was somewhere inside, but it can still definitely be weird having someone else watch your baby even if they’re just inside. Basically, parenthood is something you just really can’t prepare for completely ahead of time and it can really be a stressful adjustment for some people.

All of that could very well have played some sort of role here. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions about there being trouble in their marriage or anything. They may have just had an off day and had the bad luck to have it caught on cameras.

That would be the hardest part of their lives, I think. You just gave birth a month ago, if you are human you are stressing at least a little about not fitting into anything you wanted to fit into, you might still be bleeding or sore,  everything makes you cry, you are blind exhausted and your boobs might spring a leak. 

And then you get in a big fight because your husband snaps on you because he is also exhausted and doesn’t want to tell you for the 4 thousandth time to relax, that you look fine. Or that , yes, the baby is fine with the Nanny, or no, he was not flirting with the damn Nanny. 

And everyone in the whole world is watching as the two of you try to play nice for the cameras all day long. Uggg... when you just want to get back in your sweats and slam things around for a bit 

• Upvote 5

Rufus!  IMO, all Harry did was to warn Megs to face forward pronto because the national anthems was about to be played.  He's way more experienced at balcony appearances.  She winced, because perhaps she understood it was a near miss at a really dreadful boo-boo.  But it still caused an uproar.

All else is speculation.  Mostly, if not all, malicious.

But, Megs, gentle hint.  Do not turn the back of your head to the crowd on the balcony.  Ever.  Side view is "just" permissible, but only if you are of the blood royal. 

Face forward, look enthused, and smile sweetly even when interesting conversation is happening behind you.  And this would have been a perfect opportunity to lean over and pretend to -- or even better actually -- exchange sweet nothings with the kiddie-winks in front of you.  They will be forgiven for turning their heads.  You will not.  And you would have been given enormous cred for interacting with children.

It's a game.  A sick and complicated game you have to learn.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, Palimpsest said:

Rufus!  IMO, all Harry did was to warn Megs to face forward pronto because the national anthems was about to be played.  He's way more experienced at balcony appearances.  She winced, because perhaps she understood it was a near miss at a really dreadful boo-boo.  But it still caused an uproar.

It was actually starting. And it's kind of ridiculous that she has to be reminded at all. But, yes, that's all it was. 

As for things not looking happy, happy, joy, joy between them; this wasn't the first time and isn't likely to be the last. Whirlwind long distance courtships followed by one person giving up their country, career and culture for the other...well, if you believe that goes along with no bumps in the road, I don't know what to say. 

• Upvote 7

I just hope that if Meghan has post postpartum depression that the royal family  learned from Diana and make sure she gets treated for it. I'm saying that because she just gave birth a month ago, and that it's often a time when symptoms of that form of depression start showing.

5 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I just hope that if Meghan has post postpartum depression that the royal family  learned from Diana and make sure she gets treated for it. I'm saying that because she just gave birth a month ago, and that it's often a time when symptoms of that form of depression start showing.

Charles tried to get Diana mental health treatment more than once. She refused. 

• Upvote 5