IGNORED

Baby Palooza 2019: Upcoming Babies 14

Bethella

Megan (Lemay) Pedersen had her 5th child, on 29th of april 2019. A girl named Melody Hope....

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Justice for a boy has been ranked in the US/number of births:

2018- #558 - 491

2017- #561 - 481

2016- #498 - 603

Kendrick isn't too dissimilar: 

2018- #418 -744

2017- #407-775

2016- #385- 827

Statistically, Autumn is more of an outlier than Kendrick and Justice but that isn't unusual within a family for masculine vs feminine name preferences. Usually the masculine names for boys are more popular than feminine though so that's more odd.

Edited by Aine
typos
  • Upvote 5

On 7/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, lexiloumarie said:

Ruth is '83 and Rachel is '82  so at 36 and 37, there quivers will at least be smaller than their parents. Even if they have another 5-8 years left,  they'll inevitably slow way down here soon. Unless someone has twins, I doubt either will hit double digits. 

I was just think they same thing about Ruth-- it will be surprising if she ends up with more than 6.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, lexiloumarie said:

Ruth is '83 and Rachel is '82  so at 36 and 37, there quivers will at least be smaller than their parents. Even if they have another 5-8 years left,  they'll inevitably slow way down here soon. Unless someone has twins, I doubt either will hit double digits. 

The Wissmann sisters have a family history of long fertility --- Gloria had Charissa at age 48 --- but like you I'd expect them to slow down over time. 6-8 kids seems realistic.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, albireo said:

The Wissmann sisters have a family history of long fertility --- Gloria had Charissa at age 48 --- but like you I'd expect them to slow down over time. 6-8 kids seems realistic.

I don't think I realized just how old she was...48....I'd die. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, albireo said:

I know the father's age isn't as much of a factor but Alan (Rachel's husband) is about to turn 47 (on August 1).  He may not want to have new babies in the house when he's in his mid-late fifties - just from an energy standpoint.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I don't think I realized just how old she was...48....I'd die. 

But I believe there was a 5 year gap between her second to last and last baby. The same with Bobby Holt. I think she had her last at 47 but there was a five year gap between the last two. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I believe there was a 5 year gap between her second to last and last baby. 

I just can't imagine collecting social security while I'm still homeschooling a highschooler. More the age than anything else. But I was younger when I met my wife and we had our family. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I just can't imagine collecting social security while I'm still homeschooling a highschooler. More the age than anything else. But I was younger when I met my wife and we had our family. 

I agree. My husband will be almost 60 when our youngest graduates from high school. It’s not ideal but that’s how things happened for us.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

I know the father's age isn't as much of a factor but Alan (Rachel's husband) is about to turn 47 (on August 1).  He may not want to have new babies in the house when he's in his mid-late fifties - just from an energy standpoint.

My mom was 2 1/2 months short of 39 when I was born, my dad was about 42.  All my friends parents were much younger, they were interested in different things than my parents were.  My parents friends had grandchildren my age, except for one or two that were also "late" babies like I was.  I'm sure it was difficult for them at times, I was 30 when my daughter was born and I had similar issues - her friends parents were 5 - 10 years younger than we are.  It wasn't intended, we wanted a baby sooner it just took us so long.  My parents thought they were through with two, then I came along later.  Because of their ages and the time period, I think there was more of a gap in my parents not really having much in common with my friends parents.  We had more in common with the Briefly daughter's parents friends but I did notice that there were still things we didn't have as much in common with them in.  Having her later than we planned, although not as late as my parents had me, I can certainly see that he might not want to have younger children when he's in his mid-late 50's.

• Upvote 3

Josie Bates Balka had baby Willow Christy this morning. There is a “People” article and the baby is wearing a pink bow naturally. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

10 hours ago, Angelface said:

Josie Bates Balka had baby Willow Christy this morning. There is a “People” article and the baby is wearing a pink bow naturally. 

Sometimes I feel like all these fundie newborn girls are coming straight outta the wombs wearing these huge bows on their heads. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Sometimes I feel like all these fundie newborn girls are coming straight outta the wombs wearing these huge bows on their heads. 

I think I’ve gotten so used to the enormous head sized bows that I barely notice the smaller bows like Willow is wearing. These people have desensitized me!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

Amy King’s baby will be named Daxton Ryan based on her ig.

What’s with the x lately? Daxton, Axton, Jaxon? I’m not into it personally. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

Tori Roloff shared that she was 20 weeks pregnant on July 15th. That puts her due date right around December 2nd. She stated that she was due in November though, so I’m guessing she was a few days over the 20 week mark when she posted that. So she’s likely due the very last week of November. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Amy King’s baby will be named Daxton Ryan based on her ig.

What’s with the x lately? Daxton, Axton, Jaxon? I’m not into it personally. 

Must be that X is trendy now, the way Y was a few years ago.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Must be that X is trendy now, the way Y was a few years ago.

Yes! It started with Max. Then all these other names with X because they think they sound masculine. 

Knox, Jaxon, Jaxton, Axton, and now Daxton I guess. I knew she would go with something trendy. But I figured it would be something like Landon or Ashton. 

• Upvote 8

According to discussion on the John Schrader thread, John and Esther (Keller) Shraeder are expecting #12

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

2 hours ago, rightmind01 said:

According to discussion on the John Schrader thread, John and Esther (Keller) Shraeder are expecting #12

I was wondering when she would announce. She was overdue for an announcement. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Esther just turned 38 in May. Since her Suzette Keller was 43 when she gave birth to her last child, Esther still has another ~5 years left of fertility. There will be 1-2 more Schraderlettes after this one, at least. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 4

Wow, for some reason I thought she’d just had a baby not too long ago. It’s so hard to keep track of them!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wow, for some reason I thought she’d just had a baby not too long ago. It’s so hard to keep track of them!

Caleb was born in January 2018, based on her prior spacing number 12 should have been here this summer.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I know some of the spacing out is just due to the natural decrease in fertility as one gets later into their 30s but it seems as though they have really started spacing them more since Stephen and Stephen was the first of their children born in Zambia. I have to wonder if the stress of Esther's Zambia life is also slowing down her fertility. Her life has to be difficult/exhausting/isolating given a husband like John, all those kids, all the constant drama due to John's shenanigans, making friends and then John driving them away, not having family or friends around, being in a foreign country, not being able to speak her mind, limited freedom etc. It must be awful.

Even when they were in the RV for years, she had family never too far away (at least on the continent!), plenty of church goers around the country giving her a hand with the kids/food/"schooling" as her husband grifted, she could speak the majority language and understand conversations happening around her in most situations etc. Fundie isolation and homeschooling doesn't really prepare anyone all that well for the real world most of the time as it is, but Esther's upbringing especially didn't prepare her for the challenges she has faced being married to John.

I think Esther has the most unenviable day-to-day reality of any fundie-wife I have read about (and my knowledge is more limited than most here). Just being married to John with no other factors would just about make me think that ? However, to clarify in advance in case anyone thinks I find the thought of living in Zambia "unenviable"; her life isn't unenviable because she lives in Zambia. It's unenviable because the fundamentalist 'rules' she has been indoctrinated to follow mean she does not have a chance of making (true/multiple/long-term) friends, building a life, and feeling part of the community in Zambia. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1

Update on pregnancies: Both Whitney and Erin are expecting baby girls.... according  batesfamblog.blogspot.com/

Whitney and Zach will name their daughter Khloe Eileen

Erin and Chad will name their daughter Holland Grace

according https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Upcoming_Babies

and https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/07/25/bringing-up-bates-erin-whitney-baby-names-genders/

Edited by Hortense Peyrac
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic