IGNORED

Baby Palooza 2019: Upcoming Babies 14

Bethella

people has an article about Carlin too and it is reported that she shares the same clotting disorder as Erin so she has to have two shots a day to keep the pregnancy viable.  so I would expect early delivery's from her also. 

https://people.com/parents/bringing-up-bates-carlin-bates-pregnant-expecting-first-child-exclusive/

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

It’s also on the Lily and Ellie blog. Unsurprising really. Now I just wonder if they’re going to continue the girl trend or if it’ll be a boy.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It’s also on the Lily and Ellie blog. Unsurprising really. Now I just wonder if they’re going to continue the girl trend or if it’ll be a boy.

I bet it's a boy. There's a lot of Bates granddaughters and Evan has a ton of nieces too. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I bet it's a boy. There's a lot of Bates granddaughters and Evan has a ton of nieces too. 

it's interesting because out of the six  Stewart children only three are married and not counting Evan since this is their first baby each sister that is married only has the same sex of children. one sister has four girls. (And honestly considering the youngest is six I'm not really expecting more from her). the other sister has two boys. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

I always liked the name Kateri- it's the name Catherine in Mohawk. A lot of Native Catholics I am friends with really worked hard to get her recognized as a saint.

How is Kateri pronounced?

I literally said out loud "of course they are." (Because she's a Bates and that's what they do. Not trying to imply anything about her body; I don't see any of their pictures unless they are posted here.)

Then I wondered if there was an "of course they are" reaction button. 

How do they know she has the clotting disorder? She's lucky she didn't have to go through a bunch of miscarriages first like Erin did. Are they the only two to have it that we know of?

The clotting disorders diagnoses came at the first appointment. There may well be other Bates girls affected but they may not find out until they get pregnant. 

I totally forgot when they got married. I wonder what kind of name they’ll give the kid. Maybe some kind of hipster-y type name. 

@meee in the people article they said that at the first appointment they found out the result of the blood test wasn't "right" and they found out she has the same cloth disorder as Erin. 

I think that now that Erin is resulted positive for this disorder all the bates girl will made the test as soon as they found out they are pregnant. At least all the suffering Erin has had, had bring some good for her sisters 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I wonder what kind of name they’ll give the kid. Maybe some kind of hipster-y type name. 

Zoolander Evan?

I would think that the Bates daughters would have been tested for clotting disorders before becoming pregnant.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Kendra Tierney had her baby, a girl Barbara Josephine this morning. 8lbs 1oz. 

Darn. Now she has a perfect 5 and 5 and she’s probably very satisfied by her luck. 

I wonder what nickname she will choose. I feel like Barbie would go best with the other children’s nicknames. But most people are put off by Barbie because of the doll. She can’t go with Bobby since she already has one. So she’s left with Babs, Babette, Barb, Barry, Babe, and Baby. 

My guess is Babette.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, caitrona said:

Cat-eerie. I think it's a really lovely name actually. Alas, the baby factory closed at one for me, so there will be no wee Kateri running around my house.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Sobeknofret said:

Cat-eerie. I think it's a really lovely name actually. Alas, the baby factory closed at one for me, so there will be no wee Kateri running around my house.

Sounds like the perfect name for a future cat ;)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Darn. Now she has a perfect 5 and 5 and she’s probably very satisfied by her luck with herself for her superior gender determination skills. 

Fixed that for you.

I also picked Babette as the nickname upthread. It's a decent companion name to others in the family, like Midge and Frankie. It's also a sweet nod and bookend to the nickname Betty, who is the eldest girl. I seriously doubt that Kendra will have any more children (she's nearly 43), so it would be a logical choice.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone heard anything about the following women?

• Kaylea (Wilson) Washburn, due with her first in mid August
  • Hannah (Paine) Pelletier, due with her first on August 25
  • Anna (Hackel) Turley, due with her second on August 30
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Anna Turley is still pregnant based on her ig

We found out Hanna was pregnant through her registry so it will be kinda hard to tell when/if she gave birth. I guess we’ll eventually find out if another Paine family member posts but none of them have yet

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Kendra Tierney had her baby, a girl Barbara Josephine this morning. 8lbs 1oz. 

Beautiful name. One of my best friend's name is Barbara and Josephine has been an all time favorite of mine.

2 hours ago, asadullah said:

Courtney’s baby is named Coralee, a lovely name 

Isn't she due for another pregnancy? Well, actually she is always due.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Isn't she due for another pregnancy? Well, actually she is always due.

Yeah, Courtney is about due for another pregnancy. Her last two pregnancies were announced in September (the pregnancy with Caydie was announced September 28, 2017, she was born June 10, 2018; the pregnancy with Coralee was announced September 19, 2018 and she was born June 6, 2019). I'd expect an announcement towards the end of September or early October.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, Bethella said:

Kaylea and Tommy Washburn haven’t announced anything publicly.

• Thank You 1

17 hours ago, caitrona said:

I’ve heard it pronounced Ka-TEER-ee.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I’ve heard it pronounced Ka-TEER-ee.

My friend has a daughter Kateri and she pronounces it as "ka-terry".  Kinda like hurricane Catrina (ca-trina).

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yeah, Courtney is about due for another pregnancy. Her last two pregnancies were announced in September (the pregnancy with Caydie was announced September 28, 2017, she was born June 10, 2018; the pregnancy with Coralee was announced September 19, 2018 and she was born June 6, 2019). I'd expect an announcement towards the end of September or early October.

I'm still hoping this one takes a little longer and won't be born until July or August of next year just to fuck with her #irishtwinsagain. 

Edited by dairyfreelife
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I'm still hoping this one takes a little longer and won't be born until July or August of next year just to fuck with her #irishtwinsagain. 

She's 36 or 37? Hopefully her fertility will start to naturally slow down. (I say this as a 47 year old woman still just as regular as when I was 20. HAHA. I, too, could have been one of these people having 25 children each 12 months apart.)

• Upvote 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic