IGNORED

Baby Palooza 2019: Upcoming Babies 14

Bethella

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I secretly love the clothes that Chels puts on her kids, bonnets included. But the hair is needlessly harsh and clearly damaging to their scalps and future hairlines. It's follicular corsetry. 

I've been following her with an alt account for the past two years. She's still over the top, and her daughters definitely stand out when they are around the general population, but I've noticed a trend towards less extreme bows and accessories overall. Especially compared to her peak, which was around the time of Charlotte's birth and early infancy. When her kids hang out with other apostolics in their neighborhood, there's far less of a difference between her daughters and the other girls. 

Early in the Summer, she started a hardcore kids clothing destash, and oddly, several small shorts/pants/coverall outfits had been included in the offerings. I assumed at the time that this was evidence that she was definitely closing her Fundy Factory, and the elimination of the cherished matching boy clothes were an indication of her willingness to let the dream go. Clearly, I was wrong.

All hail Fauntleroy Gilderoy Pomeroy, The Boy.

Well, since she's due in November, is it possible she'd have known the sex by then? It seems strange to me that she would throw out boy clothes if there was the possibility of her having a boy.

Unless they just weren't Fauntleroy enough for little Henry Pomeroy. (I personally think that she's go for a fairly traditional name, but not too flowery. Along the same lines of how fundies often pick frilly names for girls but Biblical standards for boys.)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Me too, friend, me too. I’m a sucker for vintage/vintage inspired clothing, especially kid’s clothing. ? The hair is too much though. 

Btw, Little Lord Fauntleroy Gilderoy Pomeroy is due November. And someone commented “are the girls sad they don’t get to name the baby?” so oof, here comes Seth Pomeroy 2: Electric Boogaloo. 

Kinda feel bad for the girls if it’s indeed a boy this time, he will definitely will favourite child status. 

But maybe she will no longer be so into dressing them like 19th century porcelain dolls .

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well, since she's due in November, is it possible she'd have known the sex by then? It seems strange to me that she would throw out boy clothes if there was the possibility of her having a boy.

Unless they just weren't Fauntleroy enough for little Henry Pomeroy. (I personally think that she's go for a fairly traditional name, but not too flowery. Along the same lines of how fundies often pick frilly names for girls but Biblical standards for boys.)

I think that this pregnancy is intended to be her last, HARD STOP, and the infant clothes she eliminated weren't seasonally appropriate for any child born in November. For instance, if you keep a newborn-3 month summer boy outfit for years only to have a winter baby, you're very unlikely to get any good out of it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think that this pregnancy is intended to be her last, HARD STOP, and the infant clothes she eliminated weren't seasonally appropriate for any child born in November. For instance, if you keep a newborn-3 month summer boy outfit for years only to have a winter baby, you're very unlikely to get any good out of it.

I have to agree, honestly I think the only reason she had another was she was so desperate for a boy and once this one is born and she's certain it's a boy (though I'm sure she did the blood test) she'll be done. 

Also I cannot be the only one seriously weirded out by the Little Lord Pomeroy thing can I? It's just like - you know once this kid comes along everything goes to him. His sisters were merely what it took to get him and it's really gross and weird. 

And I too follow Chelsea from a sock account. 

Edit: I'm not gonna lie y'all I kinda hope this will bring about the revival of the Pomeroy thread, because  I feel like she'll be showing of LLP (Little Lord Pomeroy) by returning to public just to antagonize the sister she apparently doesn't get on with anymore. 

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Interesting on the November birthday. Two of their kids have November birthdays already. The Pomeroids will definitely go into full Boy Wonderful mode once the kid arrives. They've been thirsty for a boy for years, made most evident by the infamous disappearing penis incident with Charlotte. Chelsea said then on her social media that she was done, and that their family was complete with the 4 girls, etc. I wonder what it took to woo her back to the birthing bed.

Chelsea REALLY doesn't seem like she was hankering for more babies, either. Especially since they milked Charlotte's babyhood to the point of exhaustion. She's almost three, and has been in the beaufort bonnet and forehead curls  for way longer than they did any of the others. Especially poor Jane Claire, who is the official Forgotten Child of the Pomeroy clan. Things won't improve for any of them after Pomeboy arrives. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Chelsea REALLY doesn't seem like she was hankering for more babies, either. Especially since they milked Charlotte's babyhood to the point of exhaustion. She's almost three, and has been in the beaufort bonnet and forehead curls  for way longer than they did any of the others. Especially poor Jane Claire, who is the official Forgotten Child of the Pomeroy clan. Things won't improve for any of them after Pomeboy arrives. 

I would place money on Charlotte becoming a Lost Child too once LLP appears. As Garfunkle and Oates says "Don't care if it's brain dead, don't care if it's limbless, if it has a penis" 

• Upvote 3

I don't know this person, is there anywhere where I can see a picture of the outfits and hair without following the private instagram?

37 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I don't know this person, is there anywhere where I can see a picture of the outfits and hair without following the private instagram?

the closest I would think would be either her sisters mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea or her old instagram chelseapomeroy which hsn't been active for a few years but I believe is still public. 

wow i've been following her a long time

1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

the closest I would think would be either her sisters mum2oliviakatecaroline.lucybea or her old instagram chelseapomeroy which hsn't been active for a few years but I believe is still public. 

wow i've been following her a long time

Thanks! I checked her old instagram, crazy outfits indeed!

Quiverfull fundy Congressman Sean Duffy (R-WI) is resigning because he and his wife Rachel Campos-Duffy are expecting a 9th child, and the baby-to-be has a heart condition and other complications.

https://fox6now.com/2019/08/26/sean-duffy-leaving-congress-to-focus-more-on-family-right-time-for-me-to-take-a-break-from-public-service/

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Quiverfull fundy Congressman Sean Duffy (R-MI) is resigning because he and his wife Rachel Campos-Duffy are expecting a 9th child, and the baby-to-be has a heart condition and other complications.

https://fox6now.com/2019/08/26/sean-duffy-leaving-congress-to-focus-more-on-family-right-time-for-me-to-take-a-break-from-public-service/

Rachel is 47 and complications are much more common in women her age. So it makes sense for him to focus on his family right now. 

• Upvote 9

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rachel is 47 and complications are much more common in women her age. So it makes sense for him to focus on his family right now. 

47? Good gravy

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

47? Good gravy

Right?! They said they were surprised by the pregnancy. I’m sure they were. Most quiverful fundies don’t have babies at 47. Although a few have. But they are not the norm. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Quiverfull fundy Congressman Sean Duffy (R-WI) is resigning because he and his wife Rachel Campos-Duffy are expecting a 9th child, and the baby-to-be has a heart condition and other complications.

Good for him & I hope that the baby is OK.

I also hope that his district can be flipped to D.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

The FJ threads about her include some screenshots of her Instagram from when it was still public. I think this is the first one:

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rachel is 47 and complications are much more common in women her age.

Yikes! I had my kids at 38 and 40. I'm about to turn 49, and the thought of having a 2 year old is terrifying! :faint:

I do hope their baby will be okay. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
fixed wrong quote
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Chelsea's sister Nicole with the 3 daughters does indeed still dress them like dolls. The eldest started 8th grade today, and she for the most part matches her younger sisters (one in kindergarten today and the other two years old).

In December, the eldest daughter went with a friend to DC for her 13th birthday. They wore MAGA red shirts and hats with skirts and tights, and had chocolates at the Trump hotel (which is apparently Nicole's "favorite hotel"). 

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4

8 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Chelsea's sister Nicole with the 3 daughters does indeed still dress them like dolls. The eldest started 8th grade today, and she for the most part matches her younger sisters (one in kindergarten today and the other two years old).

In December, the eldest daughter went with a friend to DC for her 13th birthday. They wore MAGA red shirts and hats with skirts and tights, and had chocolates at the Trump hotel (which is apparently Nicole's "favorite hotel"). 

Not only does it claim to be her favorite hotel it's apparently the little two's favorite hotel too. For a while they were there every few weeks it seemed. Which I get when you're government (their dad is FBI or something?) you're in DC a lot but do you really want to take the entire family to a hotel that expensive? I checked on booking.com and for 2 adults, 3 kids (ages 13, 5, and 2) over the nearest holiday weekend (labor day) for a 4 night stay from the 30th to the 3rd for a deluxe king room with only one bed it's over 1500 USD. So I can imagine their trip over the 4th of July was a similar price. Some how, shockingly that same room when booked during the week, Monday-friday, in say, October (Again I picked random dates as a work trip would be over the week and I assume with some notice) is closer to 1800 USD for the whole family. 

o.O 

There are much much cheaper places to stay in DC why on earth would you drop the money for that one. I guess I can see it for a birthday as like a special treat (well okay, for them, not for me you couldn't give me 1800 USD to stay there), but not for a regular work trip and certainly not multiple times a year. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Not only does it claim to be her favorite hotel it's apparently the little two's favorite hotel too. For a while they were there every few weeks it seemed. Which I get when you're government (their dad is FBI or something?) you're in DC a lot but do you really want to take the entire family to a hotel that expensive? I checked on booking.com and for 2 adults, 3 kids (ages 13, 5, and 2) over the nearest holiday weekend (labor day) for a 4 night stay from the 30th to the 3rd for a deluxe king room with only one bed it's over 1500 USD. So I can imagine their trip over the 4th of July was a similar price. Some how, shockingly that same room when booked during the week, Monday-friday, in say, October (Again I picked random dates as a work trip would be over the week and I assume with some notice) is closer to 1800 USD for the whole family. 

o.O 

There are much much cheaper places to stay in DC why on earth would you drop the money for that one. I guess I can see it for a birthday as like a special treat (well okay, for them, not for me you couldn't give me 1800 USD to stay there), but not for a regular work trip and certainly not multiple times a year. 

Wow I’m cheap as hell. I can’t imagine ever staying at a hotel for that much. Even if I was super rich I would still feel weird paying that much for one night. 

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow I’m cheap as hell. I can’t imagine ever staying at a hotel for that much. Even if I was super rich I would still feel weird paying that much for one night. 

I don't THINK it's for one night but it's still an insane amount to spend on a trip to DC for 3 days with 5 people. Like you can find similar hotel quality just across the river in Crystal City. I used to live there so I know quite a bit and Crystal City is right on the subway line into the city too

• Upvote 4

They almost certainly get a government rate for that, but I bet it's still crazy pricey.

Also is the hotel even that nice? Like, yes I get you're staying there because all hail the fearless leader, but I'm sure they have a Ritz or Four Seasons in DC where you can get your swank on too.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

They almost certainly get a government rate for that, but I bet it's still crazy pricey.

Also is the hotel even that nice? Like, yes I get you're staying there because all hail the fearless leader, but I'm sure they have a Ritz or Four Seasons in DC where you can get your swank on too.

I have no idea if it's nice, but you will get heckled by passers-by coming and going, and then you've got to keep your curtains shut tight to block out the messages that activists project onto the building. 

Of course there are loads of other fancy hotel options in the area, including a few where you can hang out in a rooftop pool overlooking the Washington Monument. Way way cooler.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I have no idea if it's nice, but you will get heckled by passers-by coming and going, and then you've got to keep your curtains shut tight to block out the messages that activists project onto the building. 

Of course there are loads of other fancy hotel options in the area, including a few where you can hang out in a rooftop pool overlooking the Washington Monument. Way way cooler.

I would never heckle a trump humper going into a trump hotel because it just adds to their ridiculous persecution complex. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 8/25/2019 at 5:47 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Yes. I’m due November 22nd and we found out this baby is a boy on June 11th. I was just under 17 weeks along at that point and found out during the first of my weekly ultrasounds (because history of premature birth. Winning!) So it’s absolutely possible they’d have known in early summer, especially when you consider there are blood tests available now that can tell you the sex much earlier in the second trimester. 

On 8/26/2019 at 11:58 AM, HereticHick said:

I hope the baby is ok too.

I also hope this somehow helps Congressman Duffy understand why it was such a dick move for him to oppose universal healthcare/Obamacare, etc. during his time in office. So many parents of sick babies and children aren’t fortunate enough to be guaranteed the gold standard health insurance coverage he and his family enjoy. They have to rely on the preexisting conditions protections  and laws that Duffy opposed to help them keep their children alive and healthy, while not causing them to go into bankruptcy at the same time. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic