IGNORED

Dear Mr. Atheist VS. Make America Straight Again

ViolaSebastian

17 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

... I despise leftist/atheist smugness/ condescension about religion. 

It is funny how completely lacking in self-awareness they can be.

A few years ago when I was attempting to be more social and not be such a misanthropic introvert (oh, was I ever so young and naive?), I joined a bunch of MeetUp groups. One was for atheists, agnostics, and secularists. I later discover their big "event" was protesting the placement of a yearly Christmas nativity on the courthouse lawn by...putting up a crucified, skeletal Santa next to it. 

Great job, guys. Great PR for atheists. 

Also, after joining the group I was sent a form letter via PM from the organizer (that I later learned was sent to every female member who marked herself as agnostic) warning me about Muslim men who target progressive secular women to marry them and force them to convert to spread the religion and obviously western women are all so naive and desperate to marry they are taken in by this. 

Way to disparage women, Muslims, and agnostics all at once. I was tempted to let him know I was fresh off of living in the Middle East and owned my own Quran and prayer beads, but decided it was better to just quietly leave the group. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 7
  • Love 1

I prefer the Satanic Temple's protests. Just of better quality. Like the Baphomet sculture is cast bronze, and less direct mocking. (Though, I find their Pink Masses and similar shock tactics are tacky as hell).

• Upvote 6

There are plenty of shitty, smug atheists.  There are fabulous atheists.  There are plenty of shitty, smug Christians.  There are fabulous Christians.  And everything else.  Humans gonna human. 

I don't find Mr. Atheist to be overwhelmingly smug, although I get why some others can sense smugness in him at times.  I think overall he does a pretty good job of being respectful most of the time.  But I swear to the god that I don't believe exists, he needs to stop mentioning his high libido in every single video.  We get it.  NO ONE CARES.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I just realized our “Google tactics” emoticon could be a pumpkin. Coincidence? I think not. :google-tactics:

Viola you're saying it wrong. It's GOGGLE tactics.  :potstir:     :google-tactics:   ? 

Edited by The Mother Dust
ETA for newcomers...this is a joke referencing how a fundie visitor spelled it :-p
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

For anyone interested, this video is a good breakdown of the NIFB and what they are about. It has many clips of pastors, including Steven Anderson, preaching about hating gay people and wishing the government would kill them all. There is a push for this information to get out to people so that people are aware of who they are and what they do as the vid title suggests. The push is coming from a community of atheists, but this is not a fight between atheists and Christians, because the NIFB is not representative of Christians. This is a case for theists and non-theists to come together. There are sooo many good and great Christ followers in the world, and this sort of hateful rhetoric is not coming from them, it is making a mockery of their faith in a way which atheists never could. I think it is time for atheists and Christians, theists and non-theist, secular and faithful communities to join forces over the common ground they share and shine a light on the fundamentalism that is harming all of us. 

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

http://nifbcult.com/masa-conference-re-victimizes-pulse-nightclub-tragedy/

Link to a website created by anti-nifb activists. 

Nifbcult.com is a website created to assist in awareness of the NIFB’s activities, and to provide NIFB members with resources to assist in exiting the movement without fear of harm.

About Anti-NIFB Activists – A group of prominent activist YouTubers who, along with their collective of viewers of all backgrounds and beliefs, stand for the promotion of human rights, secular humanist values, the separation of church and state, science-based policies, and elevated discourse in the marketplace of ideas.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy Mr Atheist. Yep, he can be a bit smug sometimes, but I really admire the action he's taking against NIFB. He won me over with his video about TTW and rape in marriage - it's poetry in motion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2