IGNORED

Gigi Question

ksuheather

Do we know if Gigi goes to church of the elderly with the rest of the borg?  Does she go to her own church? I ask because I swear I saw her this morning. 

I think she has her own church. 

But it is odd that a "church" so dedicated to the "elderly" doesn't include the one elderly person in the family. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

Ok so I totally think I saw her at the chapel this morning  after Mass. The next service was coming in.  This makes 3 Maxwell sightings since moving to the area. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ksuheather said:

Ok so I totally think I saw her at the chapel this morning  after Mass. The next service was coming in.  This makes 3 Maxwell sightings since moving to the area. 

A Catholic chapel?

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, kpmom said:

A Catholic chapel?

Yeah - if so, that was NOT Gigi.  Fairly certain the Maxborg would have cut off all contact long ago if she were Catholic.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

The church they do is in, either a nursing home or retirement home or some combo. If Gigi actually lived there she might go. But she doesn't need to, so she goes where she sees fit. Go Gigi

• Upvote 5

Military chapels are all-faith chapels :) Our mass is sandwiched in between two protestant services. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

She goes to the Protestant service at Fort Leavenworth, and has done for a long time, according to this:

http://www.ftleavenworthlamp.com/article/20160428/NEWS/160429336

Incidentally, the church is the same church where Nathan and Melanie got married and where Rex's funeral was.

I think the service she attends is the Traditional Protestant one. I assume that translates as "evangelical, no rock music", since there's also a contemporary worship and Episcopal service offered at the other chapels there. 

https://www.fortleavenworthhousing.com/chaplain

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

She goes to the Protestant service at Fort Leavenworth, and has done for a long time, according to this:

http://www.ftleavenworthlamp.com/article/20160428/NEWS/160429336

Incidentally, the church is the same church where Nathan and Melanie got married and where Rex's funeral was.

I think the service she attends is the Traditional Protestant one. I assume that translates as "evangelical, no rock music", since there's also a contemporary worship and Episcopal service offered at the other chapels there. 

https://www.fortleavenworthhousing.com/chaplain

That is awesome intel. Yes. I saw her.  Trad Protestant isn't in that chapel currently due to rennovations - cleaning up bat poop so it's been moved the newer chapel where Sunday Mass is.  

Wow, 2 Maxwell int he wild sightings in 6 months. (Ok the LV isn't all that big but still)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

More importantly, did you have purse kittens this time?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

More importantly, did you have purse kittens this time?

All three kittens were there as was the huscat.  I will be on the lookout now for future Gigi sightings.  Oh and I forgot I saw Joe at the Orange Big Box Store too.  It's been a thrilling 6 months. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ksuheather said:

All three kittens were there as was the huscat.  I will be on the lookout now for future Gigi sightings.  Oh and I forgot I saw Joe at the Orange Big Box Store too.  It's been a thrilling 6 months. 

Wow!  You're a magnet for these people! ?

I didn't realize Leavenworth was that small. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Wow!  You're a magnet for these people! ?

I didn't realize Leavenworth was that small. 

It is pretty small.  No Target, just Walmart and Dollar General.  Or maybe I'm fundy too.  (I don't think so)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Oh, me either!  I just looked it up and it only has 30,000 people. I thought it was much bigger.

• Upvote 4

On 6/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, ksuheather said:

That is awesome intel. Yes. I saw her.  Trad Protestant isn't in that chapel currently due to rennovations - cleaning up bat poop so it's been moved the newer chapel where Sunday Mass is.  

Wow, 2 Maxwell int he wild sightings in 6 months. (Ok the LV isn't all that big but still)

Hi! Enjoy your time in Leavenworth!

Can I ask a favor? How is the downtown looking, there? Poor Sarah might have alluded to a coffee shop on the Main Street but naturally any downtown rebirth wouldn’t be An Approved Topic for what she has to write about. 

• Upvote 3

@MamaJunebug,  I'll bet it looks different from what it did when my uncle was at Ft Leavenworth.  I think this was before he went to Vietnam, but it might have been after and after the hitch at the Pentagon.  Whatever, it was probably more than 50 years ago.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@MamaJunebug,  I'll bet it looks different from what it did when my uncle was at Ft Leavenworth.  I think this was before he went to Vietnam, but it might have been after and after the hitch at the Pentagon.  Whatever, it was probably more than 50 years ago.  

Right! So, the usual specialty shops, cafes, antique malls and about 50% empty storefronts?  Many small towns are working on some kind of renewal. I just wonder if the Maxspinsters have someplace to walk around and window-Shop.

IOW, without half a dozen toddlers along. . 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Can I ask a favor? How is the downtown looking, there? Poor Sarah might have alluded to a coffee shop on the Main Street but naturally any downtown rebirth wouldn’t be An Approved Topic for what she has to write about. 

There are two coffee shops in the downtown area. One is very liberal, trendy and hip -- I doubt they go there. There is another one a block off the main downtown strip that I believe has a Christian vibe to it.  There is also a tea shop.  

At any rate I am happy to do local research for the hive if needed. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

So Gigi goes to an actual service. Wonder what she really thinks about her daughter and SIL? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So Gigi goes to an actual service. Wonder what she really thinks about her daughter and SIL? 

Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that.

Yeah. I’d love to hear her thoughts on how she really isn’t a Christian, as the Maxhellions rejoice in being “second generation” Christians.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, MamaJunebug said:

I've seen Birdman of Alcatraz* too many times. This struck me funny.

I know, it's a town, and a base (my sister-in-law lived there many years ago when her dad was stationed there), and I mean no offense. But I always think of the prison first.

*Despite the title, it's mostly set in the penitentiary in Leavenworth.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I've seen Birdman of Alcatraz* too many times. This struck me funny.

I know, it's a town, and a base (my sister-in-law lived there many years ago when her dad was stationed there), and I mean no offense. But I always think of the prison first.

*Despite the title, it's mostly set in the penitentiary in Leavenworth.

My relatives who lived there said, “Yes, we served our time!” And then they’d say how many years.  Always good for an ice breaker. But they enjoyed it — the town — and I have fond-enough memories of visits there. 

And that is probably the reason Stevovah and his Terifying acolyte anger me so much. Leave Leavenworth alone! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

On 6/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, ksuheather said:

Just a history note: back in the day, the vacant lot across from the Patch Community Center on Pope Avenue had a dedicated Catholic Church--St. Ignatius.  We didn't have to share back then.  It burned down in December 2001 (has it really been that long ago?).  Now we're just retirees, and only head up there when we have problems with the paperwork and to visit the Munson pharmacy.

I myself have missed sightings by just a hair, when they go to the Legends.  Darn.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1