IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 6: Virgin Drinks and Beach Pics and Expecting

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

Well, Carlin finally got married to her fundie Zoolander. They are now honeymooning in the Dominican Republic, complete with virgin drinks and lots of posed beach pictures.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

It seems that Carlin and Evan, and a lot of their kind of fundies, pretty much think that anything you do once you're married is modest, by definition.  Like JB and M humping on the golf course.  They're super godly because they're glorifying marriage and making people want to get married so they can grab asses too.  It's unmarried women allowing their asses to attract grabbing that's unmodest, obvs. ?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

Fluent Spanish speakers help me out, what is the proper way for Evan to ask DR natives this on the beach?

¿Me sacarás una foto agarrando el culo de mi esposa, por favor?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Derick Dillard made it clear that he thinks drinking alcohol isn’t sinful, though it seems like he and Jill don’t drink. There’s been speculation that Jeremy and Jinger drink wine. That’s in the Duggar family, which has a history of alcoholism sufficient to keep many secular people on the wagon. 

Have the Bates ever expressed serious disapproval of drinking? I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the married adults drank alcohol discreetly. I do think it might be a bridge too far for Carvan’s honeymoon.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Fluent Spanish speakers help me out, what is the proper way for Evan to ask DR natives this on the beach?

¿Me sacarás una foto agarrando el culo de mi esposa, por favor?

Me sacas instead of me sacarás, the rest is fine.

Althought its a very weird question to make to anyone, someone had to take that photo so...

8 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Derick Dillard made it clear that he thinks drinking alcohol isn’t sinful, though it seems like he and Jill don’t drink. There’s been speculation that Jeremy and Jinger drink wine. That’s in the Duggar family, which has a history of alcoholism sufficient to keep many secular people on the wagon. 

Have the Bates ever expressed serious disapproval of drinking? I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the married adults drank alcohol discreetly. I do think it might be a bridge too far for Carvan’s honeymoon.

No i think the Bates remain anti alcohol. And Evan was very keen on explaining that his drink was totally virgin so it must still be a big no-no in the family. To be honest i think Derrick is the one not following the line here and not so much the rest of the Duggars.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Where is drinking speculation about Jinger?  Drinking and drunkeness is a massive sin in these circles (I went to an IFB school and church) so I cannot imagine this being okay.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Where is drinking speculation about Jinger?  Drinking and drunkeness is a massive sin in these circles (I went to an IFB school and church) so I cannot imagine this being okay.

The speculation appears to based on zero evidence--it appears to be fanfiction partly based on Jeremy being of Italian descent. ?

If anyone in these circles is going to try alcohol, I hardly think its going to be done in public and documented on Instagram.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 14

I think I remember someone who listened to some of Jeremy's sermons reporting that he said something like "you're not going to go to hell for kissing your fiancée or having an occasional glass of wine."  I thought that's what started the speculation about possible drinking for them.   

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 3

As for who is taking the pics...

Most of these resorts have photographers you can hire from the staff or freelancers from nearby. You pay like $100 or $150 for an hour and get a certain number of digital pics. Also, they have staff on the beaches and whatnot to sell things (drinks, towels, etc.) and most, from my experience, will snap a photo or two with your phone if you tip them. 

• Upvote 8

She replied to a comment asking who is taking the pictures. She said they are all selfies they take with the 10 seconds timer. I have to say they are pros at it, but i didnt expect less from the selfie King and Queen.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Carlin tagged the location in her latest Instagram pic. If you click the name of the location, it brings up pics that others have tagged as well. It won’t disappoint! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I found this article by John MacArthur from several years ago. I think he’s the guy Jeremy seems to idolize. In it, I think he seems to argue against alcohol use:

https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B110809

If I’m correct about that then it’s entirely possible Jeremy believes the same thing.

44 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Jeremy was arrested for assaulting a police officer when he was drunk. It’s an easy google.

Fair reason for speculation.

Jeremy arrest

He was arrested when he was in college though and that was before he “returned” to his faith. Or whatever he’d call it. It’s absolutely possible he did a reversal on alcohol use after becoming a Preacher. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I found this article by John MacArthur from several years ago. I think he’s the guy Jeremy seems to idolize. In it, I think he seems to argue against alcohol use:

https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B110809

If I’m correct about that then it’s entirely possible Jeremy believes the same thing.

He was arrested when he was in college though and that was before he “returned” to his faith. Or whatever he’d call it. It’s absolutely possible he did a reversal on alcohol use after becoming a Preacher. 

I agree, I was just showing why rumors regarding Jeremy and possible drinking weren’t out of left field.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

Carlin tagged the location in her latest Instagram pic. If you click the name of the location, it brings up pics that others have tagged as well. It won’t disappoint! 

Haha! I recognize some of those pictures, especially the one with the, ahem, delightfully shaped soap. It appears Carlin and Evan were at the same resort as one of my favorite celebrities, with maybe a few days overlap in their vacations.

• Upvote 2

Someone told me it's a great lubricant.

coconut.JPG

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Not to defend them and I hate doing that but I travel alone all the time. I got freakishly good at setting up my camera just how I like it and self timing 10 seconds. It just takes practice. Sometimes if people walking by don't see a camera or care it does take a few takes. But it's super easy and I don't have to bother people on the street. Plus I have my own aesthetic. Every time I ask someone they'll crop the top of a beautiful door, or the angle is funky or just not how I like it. I'd rather do it myself.

example: I was in Croatia last summer and saw a Game of Thrones guillotine. The girl I asked to take my picture cut off the top of the guillotine! So basically it just looks like I'm standing under a large blade. Her picture came out perfect because the whole point was to get the whole thing in the frame. 

Edited by OyToTheVey
Just realized the irony of cutting off the top of a guillotine lol
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Someone told me it's a great lubricant.

coconut.JPG

Only if you're not using condoms.  I have a friend who got pregnant that way. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Only if you're not using condoms.  I have a friend who got pregnant that way. 

100% this!  Never ever combine coconut oil and condoms!!

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

From Kailyn Stewart’s instagram story it seems like Carlin and Evan are going to live closer to her family than his. The UsWeekly article said they would be living in Nashville but it doesn’t look like it.

Spoiler

644A98A7-0E32-4BD0-BA6D-339E76920058.thumb.jpeg.991b2e06fa2fac71aef039cf7aaa602a.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I mean, we all knew it didn’t we? Apart from Erin and Michael my strong guess if that all married Bates daughters will wear jeans. Same goes for daughters in law. 

Jeans are kind of old new, it’s just funny to see how they show them to us earlier and earlier. 

Maybe Kelly and Gil stick to the skirts only rule just on principle. If they hadn’t made it kind of their public key features/convictions they would probably even let the girls at home wear them. I wonder if it’s intentional to not have to explain it or if they hold onto it because they don’t want to admit to themselves that it was stupid idea to begin with.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

No surprise on the jeans, good for her for finally being able to wear what she's comfortable in. My question is though, how do they find the perfect fitting jeans/jeggings so quickly? 

Do they take a secret shopping trip right before the wedding while Kelly is distracted with planning and ordering others about? 

I will also say about Carlin, I'm pleased for her for getting actual caterers and having a first dance at her wedding. I'm not able to watch the show in the UK but all the comments on here about Gil telling the world about her being super insecure and struggling as a teen, I'm glad she's pushing for things she actually wants. The next few years will be interesting to watch CarVan. I have zero expectations that we'll see any major shift in beliefs, but will be waiting to see whatever lifestyle choices they make in line with their families and married siblings. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

I like how she says “ I am so sad you are wearing jeans.....let me explain myself before I get stoned.” .....which I assumed she would go on to say anything surprising or different than exactly what she said? 

37716B93-5791-4A36-A297-707FDB402654.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I like how she says “ I am so sad you are wearing jeans.....let me explain myself before I get stoned.” .....which I assumed she would go on to say anything surprising or different than exactly what she said? 

37716B93-5791-4A36-A297-707FDB402654.png

It’s funny she singles out Erin when Michael is even more so in still wearing skirts (and almost totally long dresses, actually) 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic