IGNORED

Seewalds 41: Christian Hero Ivy Jane

Georgiana

On 6/1/2019 at 7:58 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry, Jill, you're a #boymom remember? That baby isn't yours. :pb_lol: 

RFOL the best ever !! 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jesus you would think she had 10 boys in a row and finally had a girl. 

wasn't that plan? Oh excuse me can they adopt now ? 

lol 

21 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have referred to my grandchildren as "my babies". It's not like I want to keep them, but they are a part of me just as much as they are a part of my children. I adore the little and not-so-little ones beyond belief and take seriously the idea that I am to spoil the shit out of them then send them home. I'm not trying to overstep a boundary, I am a pretty "hands-off" grandmother, in that I do not dispense child rearing advice unless directly asked and figure it's the parents' (my kids') job to raise 'em. I did my time as a full time parent and the little people of the next generation are a joy to see and enjoy the idea that my family, which is basically just me now since my parents are dead and I am an only, goes on to yet another generation. 

one of my non existent dreams and i see it in other families is when all the grandchildren line up for a picture and someone gives to the grandma with the words (we are a part of you) = i love that. I will never see that. But I love that. 

you people you make reveal deep dark secrets. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that this is also in mainstream culture. I have boys and people have learned very quickly I will NEVER be “trying for a girl.” I think it’s incredibly weird that people seem to be obsessed with having at least one child of each sex in every family. I never had a strong urge to have a family with one boy and one girl (which is called the million dollar family by the way. Vomit).

My sister’s MIL tried this with my sister at some point after her second son was born. I think she said something about how next time it might be a girl. My sister very calmly told her she was happy with her boys, she was done having kids, and if she wanted a granddaughter she could take it up with her three other kids. I highfived her when she told me that. Her family is absolutely perfect the way it is. 

We don’t know what sex our second baby is yet. We plan to find out during the anatomy scan, but we might accidentally find out before then because my twice weekly appointments start next week when I’m 16 weeks. Regardless of the sex, this baby is our last baby because I’m not going through TTC and pregnancy again and my husband is just grateful that I’ve been willing to go through this twice. If anyone is stupid enough to urge us to “try for a boy” if this one is another girl or congratulates us on having one of each (like its some sort of accomplishment?) then it’s not going to be pretty. I don’t have the same patience my sister has developed as a teacher.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 5

Our second wolf cub was supposed to be a girl. Ultra sound (37 years ago) was a girl, according to the doc. Looked like a blob  to me. Repeat c section, doc pulls baby out and announced it was a girl. Mr. Wolf pipes up, "no it's not, it's a boy". Wolf cub 1 was a girl, and we would have been quite happy for two girls. I think whatever we got it would have felt right. Healthy is all we cared about.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

"Tea for two and two for tea.  A girl for you, a boy for me.  Can't you see how happy we will be?"  

I think the one of each is about as old as the  song.   I am sure you can google it.

Edited by Greendoor
  • Upvote 1

I refer to my grandnephew as "my chunky monkey" and "my cinnamon roll", but I don't feel comfortable calling him "my baby"......that and he's muh grandnefster (I'm only 33)

I don't know, I only use "my" if it is a VERY close friend that I have a sibling bond with (for instance, Best Friend's daughter is "My key lime cupcake")...........the only time I use "MY BABIES!" is when it's someone's dogs..........because I always gravitate towards people's pets more than people in general ?

SO UHHHHH...................we're having twins, our rainbow babies. With me, I don't care if my mom or MIL call them "my babies", my poor MIL is in her 70s and these are her first grandchildren (along with our angel son), plus we have a good relationship. I don't mind if our very close friends call them "my babies"---our little community of friends and family have been with us through losing our son and trying to conceive again ❤️

But for people I'm not close with? ehhhhh, not so comfortable with "my babies".....but that's just me. 

(AND----our younger collie gets dibs, because she believes ALL babies--hoomans or otherwise---belong to *her*)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 32

3 hours ago, Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work said:

I refer to my grandnephew as "my chunky monkey" and "my cinnamon roll", but I don't feel comfortable calling him "my baby"......that and he's muh grandnefster (I'm only 33)

I don't know, I only use "my" if it is a VERY close friend that I have a sibling bond with (for instance, Best Friend's daughter is "My key lime cupcake")...........the only time I use "MY BABIES!" is when it's someone's dogs..........because I always gravitate towards people's pets more than people in general ?

SO UHHHHH...................we're having twins, our rainbow babies. With me, I don't care if my mom or MIL call them "my babies", my poor MIL is in her 70s and these are her first grandchildren (along with our angel son), plus we have a good relationship. I don't mind if our very close friends call them "my babies"---our little community of friends and family have been with us through losing our son and trying to conceive again ❤️

But for people I'm not close with? ehhhhh, not so comfortable with "my babies".....but that's just me. 

(AND----our younger collie gets dibs, because she believes ALL babies--hoomans or otherwise---belong to *her*)

Congratulations on the twins! I wish you an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery! ♥️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

Congratulations @Sacrilicious Twerk-a-Work!!

I would be really miffed if my mom (or MIL, but that is another story) called my children "her babies". She lives extremely far away and makes little to no effort to visit. Facetime does not count. I see this differently than if she called my cousin's kid "her baby" because the live rather close and my mom does a lot for that kid in the form of babysitting and paying for things (my cousin is not taking to motherhood and will not accept any gentle suggestions such as: "please send some snacks for her throughout the day" or "could pack more diapers and an outfit change this time" or "Do you have two socks for her that match and fit, I was going to take her to the store with me". End: no snacks and one small tub of fruit for the entire day, the kid was coming to spend 12 hours and was sent with no back up clothes and 2 diapers, also she has no socks that fit.) My mom and I have set up a drawer of things for her at my moms house now. So I really do think my mom desearves to get to say "my baby" to that kid (who turns one this week!!)

Edited by StraightOuttaArkansas
decided I did have a thought
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

My mother in law makes a big to do of saying my children are her babies... I just let it go cause we’re all close and they help us a lot. Whatever. I know I birthed them but I also know these are the only grandbabies she’ll have a very close relationship with and my in-laws have arranged their lives to be a big part of ours... so it is what it is. Takes a village and all that.

• Upvote 7

I’m pretty sure my mum still sees me and my sisters as her babies. We’re all in our 30s so I feel it’s appropriate ... :teasing-binkybaby::teasing-binkybaby::teasing-binkybaby:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

My parents had me and then my brother 5 years later. Stopped right there :) 

• Upvote 2

Do we really think the Seewalds will continue living in their 2 bdroom 1 bath house more than a year or so?  I am surprised that JB hasn't moved them to a larger property already.  Their house could be rented out until the next undereducated unemployed teen Duggar bride is ready to move in. Which is probably next year.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

18 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we really think the Seewalds will continue living in their 2 bdroom 1 bath house more than a year or so?  I am surprised that JB hasn't moved them to a larger property already.  Their house could be rented out until the next undereducated unemployed teen Duggar bride is ready to move in. Which is probably next year.

They have to at this point. They don't have a choice. gone are the days where we think they won't or they don't have to. 

plus they want to adopt. 

• Haha 5

I am so surprised that the oh so talented and motivated Duggars haven’t been summoned to build a modest 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom addition to that home. If they were industrious if would barely take them any time at all.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I am so surprised that the oh so talented and motivated Duggars haven’t been summoned to build a modest 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom addition to that home. If they were industrious if would barely take them any time at all.

Why haven't the Bates trekked over to Arkansas with their strapping sons and return the favor? : )   They've got a plumber and an electrician...

• Upvote 10

I never stopped to consider it would annoy someone if I referred to their child as 'mine'. I don't do it with strangers kids, just my nieces and nephew. I also do it with my best friend's children, but they're pretty much like nieces/nephew to me since unlike my actual own, they live in the same city as me so I see them WAY more often. No one has ever told me to stop, so I guess I'll continue on, ha. 

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why haven't the Bates trekked over to Arkansas with their strapping sons and return the favor? : )   They've got a plumber and an electrician...

True. These people could take a couple of cues from the Amish, that is for sure.  Just from an outsiders POV, you see all those able bodied people who apparently don’t do too much beyond a PT TV  (reality) show. Too bad they don’t use that show to highlight what they actually spend their time doing, or perhaps they do. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

They will need to do something because girls must be locked in their room at night to protect them from a wandering predator. Why wasn't the predator locked up instead? Actually, J and A are the only other ones with both sexes. Wonder how they handle it

• Upvote 3

I hate the idea that you need both sexes for your family to be complete or that it is complete once that happens. When I was pregnant with  my second all I heard about was how everyone hoped it was a girl. A lot of people said "well if it's another boy you can always have a third" Oh could I, thanks for granting me permission. All I wanted was healthy after a 12 week loss and then a vanishing twin very early in the pregnancy, we didn't care boy or girl. Once we found out our daughter was in fact our daughter, people started telling me that we "could stop now that you had both a boy and a girl", these were the same people who told me to have a third if it had been two boys. Like get out of my uterus, my husband and I will decide when and how many children to have. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 5

I call my niece and nephew my babies. As in, if anyone wants to mess with them they have to get through me first. 

I’d fight any/everybody. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Next time on counting on.... here we are actually suggesting more interesting plot lines than they show!

• Upvote 5

Personally, I wouldn’t like people referring to my kid as “their’s.” I get the various intents behind it, but it’s not something I’d be comfortable with. That’s likely because our daughter was a preemie who had a weeklong NICU stay though. I didn’t get to feel like a “normal” mom during her first week of life because I wasn’t the one who was caring for her on a regular basis. I missed her first feeding, her first diaper change, first sponge bath (or whatever they call the first cleaning), first burps, etc. All those little things other parents sometimes take for granted were things I missed and it’s something that still makes me a bit sad 2.5 years later. I’ve found a lot of my parenting has been impacted by that experience, sometimes in surprising ways. I suppose that someone using that term about my baby would just remind me of that point in time somehow and make me feel pretty defensive and protective. I’m lucky no one has used that regarding my daughter, at least not around me. 

If the parents don’t mind though then I don’t see anything wrong with referring to someone else's kids as “your babies.” If the parents don’t like it then I would hope people would understand and respect that. And if you suspect they might not like it then it could be a good idea to simply ask them how they feel about it. It doesn’t have to be a big deal as long as everyone (the parents and the person using the term) tries to understand the other person’s point of view and respects one another. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I’m very protective of my children and possessive of them as well. I can’t help it, much for the same reasons @VelociRapture mentioned about NICU stays and how horribly unnatural it is to cede control of your baby and allow someone else to have that pleasure/responsibility. 

No one has used that language with me after they’re born, but I did get it a lot when I was pregnant with my first which was everyone’s first nephew/grandchild. It seemed so weird for them to he saying it. Like you know this child you have all these opinions, plans, possessive comments about literally is attached to my uterus by an organ that sucks life from me into it, right? I’m currently growing toenails for “YOUR baby” and you’re telling me what you’re going to do with him. Riiiight. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Do we know how large Grandma's cabin/JoKen's house is? I don't think Jessa would mind being that close to her family. Then whichever twin is gonna marry Lauren C can just move on in to the Duggar starter home.

• Upvote 2

There's a new video up on the Seewald blog and they talk about how they chose Ivy's name. Jane is apparently after Lady Jane Grey. I don't know much about her so looks like I'll be learning something new today. Ivy was just a name they liked and they thought it sounded good with Jane. They had her name picked before she was born this time around. Of course when talking about things they're going to look forward to with Ivy Jessa's answer is "pink and ruffles" and Ben talks about walking her down the aisle one day (Jessa pipes in with "in 20 years!")

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 15

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Do we know how large Grandma's cabin/JoKen's house is? I don't think Jessa would mind being that close to her family. Then whichever twin is gonna marry Lauren C can just move on in to the Duggar starter home.

Yes, I also had that same thought. Who owns the log cabin? The Seewalds do need a bigger house. 

• Blahblah locked this topic