IGNORED

Seewalds 41: Christian Hero Ivy Jane

Georgiana

Ivy doesn't get a Christian Hero name like Spurgeon or Wilberforce, but she is sort of named after everyone's favorite environmentalist femme fatale Poison Ivy, so she's got that going for her.  Maybe she'll be her OWN Christian Hero instead?

At least she wasn't named after someone most famous for the religious groups he hated.  

Continued from:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2

Sorry, Jill, you're a #boymom remember? That baby isn't yours. :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 20

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

1296547722_Screenshot_20190601-141521_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.586a285cc6555042a7f11818ed81f80f.jpg

Girl overload. 

Jill, no! That baby does not belong to you! Back off!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I personally don’t mind the “my baby” thing. As long as it’s coming in the form of love, snuggles, kisses and hugs. The more the marrier . Aunts, grandmas, cousins are welcome to love my kids as their own. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 11

Jill posts that on everyone’s baby pictures, I believe. I know for sure she posted something similar on one of Joy’s pictures of Gideon once. At the time I thought she felt it was “hers” because she’s Joy’s sister mom. 

• Upvote 5

I've noticed that people either feel really strongly about other people calling a baby that isn't theirs "my baby" or they really don't care. There is no in between! My mom calls my kids "her babies" and it doesn't bother me. My friend hates when her mother does it (to be fair her mother has a history of boundary stomping). If Jessa's ok with it then no big deal.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've noticed that people either feel really strongly about other people calling a baby that isn't theirs "my baby" or they really don't care. There is no in between! My mom calls my kids "her babies" and it doesn't bother me. My friend hates when her mother does it (to be fair her mother has a history of boundary stomping). If Jessa's ok with it then no big deal.

I find that my feelings on the practice are directly related to my feelings on the person doing it. Someone I love? No problem. Someone I can barely stand? It’s insufferable.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 4

My mother in law has referred to my kids as “my babies” before and it irks me, but that could also be because we have had a lot of trouble with boundaries with her in general.

As for all the “finally a girl” comments, it’s kid #3! Even in the grand babies, there are other girls. It’s not like she’s an Arndt.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8

I am pretty sure that if I ever married and had kids, if someone said "my baby" about my child, I would grab my chest and pretend to panic "When did we have sex? Why can't I remember it? Was it good?" 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 38
  • Love 5

15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I am pretty sure that if I ever married and had kids, if someone said "my baby" about my child, I would grab my chest and pretend to panic "When did we have sex? Why can't I remember it? Was it good?" 

So you are actually going to say that to your MiL? ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

...I took it as she couldn't wait to cuddle one of her little babies again, when she has one?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So you are actually going to say that to your MiL? ;)

Hahahaha! It will likely be my own mother. :P I mean chances of my future MiL being crazier than my mother are...to say the least slim. And if that should happen, then yes, because if she's more of a boundary stomper than my own mother, I'm going to live on the island alone, with my baby. :) 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

I have referred to my grandchildren as "my babies". It's not like I want to keep them, but they are a part of me just as much as they are a part of my children. I adore the little and not-so-little ones beyond belief and take seriously the idea that I am to spoil the shit out of them then send them home. I'm not trying to overstep a boundary, I am a pretty "hands-off" grandmother, in that I do not dispense child rearing advice unless directly asked and figure it's the parents' (my kids') job to raise 'em. I did my time as a full time parent and the little people of the next generation are a joy to see and enjoy the idea that my family, which is basically just me now since my parents are dead and I am an only, goes on to yet another generation. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

Just checking in every once and awhile to see when the details from the latest Duggar homebirth mishap emerge. :popcorn2:

Seriously these girls are single-handedly destroying the credibility of the homebirth movement they espouse. What are we up to now? 1 out of Jill, Jessa and joys combined 6 homebirth attempts that didn’t end with a hospital visit? 

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Just checking in every once and awhile to see when the details from the latest Duggar homebirth mishap emerge. :popcorn2:

Seriously these girls are single-handedly destroying the credibility of the homebirth movement they espouse. What are we up to now? 1 out of Jill, Jessa and joys combined 6 homebirth attempts that didn’t end with a hospital visit? 

We don’t know what happened with Samuel. It’s likely it was a botched home birth, but we honestly have no clue because they’ve chosen not to discuss it. So with the proven evidence we have:

- at least 5 attempted home births

- one transfer due to postpartum bleeding/hemorrhage 

- two transfers because labor did not advance (I think this was the reason with Izzy and Gideon)

- one possible transfer for unknown reasons (Ivy)

- one with no known transfer or complications (Henry)

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

Has it been confirmed by a Duggarwald that Jessa and/or Ivy required institutional care post labor and delivery?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Has it been confirmed by a Duggarwald that Jessa and/or Ivy required institutional care post labor and delivery?

No confirmation. A few people asked on the post showing the photo with the IV shared by the Seewald family, but no one answered them. I’d assume they’re saving details for an article (if anyone is interested in reading about a third born kid - no offense Ivy!) or the show. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Here's my buzzfeed article, Top 5 Comments By Annoying-Ass Fundies In That Screenshot.

5. Carlin: True neutral, the generic congratulatory statement.

4. Joy: A nice personalized message. The three emojis are a bit much (going for a kinda Human Centipede thing?) but it's a special occasion.

3. Anna: Don't send that innocent baby the same emojis you text at Smuggar!

2. Jill: In general, I'm over Jill calling random women "mama" on Instagram. "You go mama!" "Looking great mama!" "All you mama's out there..." Enough!

1. Alyssa: The kween of compulsory gender conformity gives her blessing! Jessa has been chosen! Welcome to the sisterhood of aggressively reinforcing the personality, interests, and (limited) future that were decided for your kid the second she was born without a ween!

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:57 PM, VineHeart137 said:

And it isn't just a Jill thing, I call my nieces My Paigey or My Ally  (not their real names) and my siblings and their spouses don't care, they are just happy that other people love them as much as they do.  

I personally don't see the big deal, my BFF used to call my kids her babies, and it never bothered me, I, like my siblings, thought it was sweet that someone else loves my kids. Kids can never have enough people love them IMO. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

On 6/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jesus you would think she had 10 boys in a row and finally had a girl. 

My third was a girl after two boys and that was the reaction, of course I live in normal people land where 3 babies are the maximum for most people, not fundie world where that is just the first course. But of the 80 or so comments when my daughter was born, more than half mentioned being happy that I got my girl at last. 

• Upvote 12

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

My third was a girl after two boys and that was the reaction, of course I live in normal people land where 3 babies are the maximum for most people, not fundie world where that is just the first course. But of the 80 or so comments when my daughter was born, more than half mentioned being happy that I got my girl at last. 

I agree that this is also in mainstream culture. I have boys and people have learned very quickly I will NEVER be “trying for a girl.” I think it’s incredibly weird that people seem to be obsessed with having at least one child of each sex in every family. I never had a strong urge to have a family with one boy and one girl (which is called the million dollar family by the way. Vomit).

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

How long before she is the chief boys bathroom cleaner?  Welcome to the world little girl, I wish you were here and not there.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Blahblah locked this topic