IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

11 hours ago, Hisey said:

Why does that bozo think that men are OK alone and women are not? Actually, it's single men that have the shorter lifespans, if I recall correctly.

A study I saw (too long ago) said single men had shorter life span than married men... And married women shorter than single women!

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, Hisey said:

Why does that bozo think that men are OK alone and women are not? Actually, it's single men that have the shorter lifespans, if I recall correctly.

Well, since women are never supposed to have post-secondary education and never supposed to work for even a single day, I assume that we will starve to death in the street after our fathers die if we don't have husbands to provide for us. 

Never mind that they act as if men can't even get their own glass of water or put food on their plate when it's sitting right in front of them. Seems to me that those helpless assholes are the ones who wouldn't survive alone. 

Idiots. All of them. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Fundies, unlike the Jewish tradition Jesus was raised in, do not believe in vigorous study of the scriptures and robust debate about them. Fundies have an almost anti-intellectual approach to their faith, and seem to revel in their ignorance. When they do study, it is just material from their echo chamber, like Jehovah Witnesses. Simple minded folks like Lori Alexander and Jill Rodrigues love this. I can be oh-so-holy with little effort. Not everyone needs to be a theologian or acquire a MDIV, but damn, how about putting in a little effort to examine your beliefs? We cannot  accurately read the bible literally because we have translations of translations of original texts written in ancient cultures, some of which are of questionable origin.  I do not believe in sola scriptura, which has turned the bible into an idol and the fourth part of the godhead in many denominations. 

I've been attending Torah study the past few Saturday mornings, and this morning we read excerpts from many sources. You're absolutely right about the study of and the robust debate about the texts. I can't speak to what happens in all Torah study groups, but I'm not studying in a denominational echo chamber.

This is a situation in which I have some pity for fundamentalists. They can't study their holy texts in such a meaningful way because fundamentalism is incompatible with this kind of study.

Edited by Dreadcrumbs
missing words, d'oh!
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

So I see Lori is back on her anti-public school horse again.  Actually, I think she has several horses, and they are already dead, and she keeps beating them.  I discovered this hateful woman several months ago, and I was glad to join Freejinger just so I can vent about her.  This would probably not bother me so much if I were an atheist, but as a Christian her interpretation of the gospel as “women follow these rules” just makes me furious.

Edited by Libby96
  • Upvote 20

1 hour ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I've been attending Torah study the past few Saturday mornings, and this morning we read excerpts from many sources. You're absolutely right about the study of and the robust debate about the texts. I can't speak to what happens in all Torah study groups, but I'm not studying in a denominational echo chamber.

This is a situation in which I have some pity for fundamentalists. They can't study their holy texts in such a meaningful way because fundamentalism is incompatible with this kind of study.

When I taught in the Christian school, they were very wary of any analytical reading in any discipline. One superintendent wanted to just teach grammar in English classes, no literature at all, because teaching kids to analyze texts might lead them to analyze the Bible and then question it. 

So, yeah, fundies absolutely don't want to approach the Bible in that way. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3

31 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

I discovered this hateful woman several months ago, and I was glad to join Freejinger just so I can vent about her.  

Welcome and vent away - there are a lot of different beliefs here but most (many, all?) of us believe Lori sucks, and is a sadist who delights in other people being in pain because that is the only real feelings she has.   Love, kindness, compassion?   HA!  Lori laughs in your face, even if it means breaking her toe when she accidentally misses the cat she is kicking!  Oh - and don't forget to use the leather strap on your  baby! Carry one in your purse so you can haul it out anytime because you aren't smarter than a toddler.  She's proud of it.  

• Upvote 10

42 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

This would probably not bother me so much if I were an atheist, but as a Christian her interpretation of the gospel as “women follow these rules” just makes me furious.

People of any belief or none at all can be rightfully angered by Lori Alexander's hatefulness. She has no interpretation of the gospel because she doesn't understand the gospel. Folks like her indeed give Christianity a bad name because they don't follow Christ.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Well she finally said it. Lori said that St Paul and Jesus are the same {bolding mine):    

"Hillary M. Martin People make mistake if Jesus treated all people with compassion why cant you. You sound more like a follower of Paul than Christ

The Transformed Wife Hillary M. Martin the Apostle Paul wrote the words of Christ since He was inspired by the Spirit of God. There is no distinction."

WTF did I just read?   No distinction!!??!! 

Finally Lori has admitted she follows St. Paul not Jesus.  Heresy, I tell you. Heresy.  Perhaps even a touch of "false gods."

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

20 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Well she finally said it. Lori said that St Paul and Jesus are the same {bolding mine):    

WTF did I just read?   No distinction!!??!! 

Finally Lori has admitted she follows St. Paul not Jesus.  Heresy, I tell you. Heresy.  Perhaps even a touch of "false gods."

We stand for the Gospel at mass. We don't stand when the words of Paul are read (usually in the second reading). Because Paul is not Jesus. I'm pretty sure Paul would've been the first to correct her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

I'm pretty sure Paul would've been the first to correct her. 

If you correct, or disagree with, Lori, you hate God and His Perfect Ways.   Hope he'd know that before he tried.   Probably would have been a blow to him.  

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Libby96 said:

So I see Lori is back on her anti-public school horse again.  Actually, I think she has several horses, and they are already dead, and she keeps beating them.  I discovered this hateful woman several months ago, and I was glad to join Freejinger just so I can vent about her.  This would probably not bother me so much if I were an atheist, but as a Christian her interpretation of the gospel as “women follow these rules” just makes me furious.

Atheist here and I'm disgusted by her the same. Her hatefullness against women don't need the bible, you can easily change the godly womenhood with explaining her way is the only way women have to live because the nature intented it or some other non-religious misogyno bullshit.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

LazyLori’s followers love what I call Competitive Christianity, the constant  attempts to one-up (or is it one-down?) each other with their humble bragging about how poor and neglected and down-trodden they are, all in the name of LazyLori Paul God. So let’s take it a step further...how many people have been totally turned off by Christianity due to Beth Moore?  Probably very few. LazyLori?  A huge majority. In the “do as I say, not as I do, or did, or ever will do” competition, she is the far and away Satan’s favorite “so called” Christian. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Reading the back and forth with Ali and Lori makes me sick. Ali worships her. Her declarations of "this page studies God's word etc" just ugh make me so ill. It's creepy really. Plus Ali is attempting to teach men on the page. These people take so much joy in being cruel 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Reading the back and forth with Ali and Lori makes me sick. Ali worships her. Her declarations of "this page studies God's word etc" just ugh make me so ill. It's creepy really. Plus Ali is attempting to teach men on the page. These people take so much joy in being cruel 

Seriously. I keep getting the feeling that “Ali” really is Lori under another name.

Edited by refugee
Typo
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

If Lori was honest (hang on -- I need to have a laughing/coughing fit . . . . :laughing-rofl::laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingyellow:OK, I'm back), she would never answer male posters, other than to say "thank you for your comment" or the like.

Lori, you are attempting to teach men, you hussy.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, refugee said:

Seriously. I keep getting the feeling that “Ali” really is Lori under another name.

I swear I think the same thing.  She keeps declaring, "And the post is staying up!". 

Who the hell is she talking to?  She does it on post after post, and no one has said word one about the post being taken down.  

She also tosses around a whole lot of, "This is what we believe.  Don't argue, please.", and "On this page we...." She acts like she's joined The Cult of Lori.

OMG, she is literally driving me batty.  Dozens of comments on the same post.  Crazy making, I tell you.  Pure crazy making.  If it's not Lori, I don't even want to think about what she's like IRL.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Ugh. I'm disgusted with what Lori shared by Michael Pearl.  Some people do need help and support to stop addictive behaviors. Why do you think AA has sponsors you can call if you feel like you want to drink?  Galatians 6:2 says to bear one another's burdens.  

How dare MP assume the man is not sincere in his repentance.  I don't know if he was or not, but that was no way to respond to him.  It is pretty much impossible to avoid the internet now days.  Maybe suggest some filters or software like Covenant Eyes. How about suggesting he work with a pastor or elder in his church to pray with him and for him. He also needs to work with his wife and have her pray with him.  

Another thing that I can't stand is the derogatory terms some of these people use. It's fine to not approve of someone's behavior, but name calling is unnecessary.  I remember responding to Zsu Anderson once when she called Clay Akin a fa**ot. I said "Instead of calling names, why don't you pray for him?" 

Where is the kindness or grace with these people,? Jesus didn't tell the woman at the well what she was doing was OK, but he still didn't call her a whore or a slut.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Wouldn't it be fun if, instead of The Transformed Wife, Lori was The Transformer Wife?

Although, she'd probably ruin that, too:

Spoiler

182851427_Transformerwife.jpg.13a925ae507c3f30e5a983d125527781.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

Once more, we have stunning proof that @thoughtful is a magnificent beast. Bravissima!

In other news, I am at the annual Unitarian Universalist Church General Assembly in Spokane, Washington. If Lori were to wander in here, she’d DIE:  Under one roof, thousands of feminists! And liberals! And gay and lesbian and bi people! And trans people! And non-binary people! And atheists and agnostics! And people with astounding tattoos! And people with hair of all colors of the rainbow (one of whom is me, the crazy old bat with the teal hair, taking pics of all the colorful-haired people for my church FB page)!

Yep. She’d die.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

6 minutes ago, Hane said:

Once more, we have stunning proof that @thoughtful is a magnificent beast. Bravissima!

Aw, @Hane . . .

Spoiler

image.png.c2927af5a9da9b84ef88e14058f54ab7.png

What's amazing is that the face on that Transformer actually looks softer and more pleasant than Lori's.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

This is unrelated to Lori's latest posts, but here are some lovely things a dude with George Costanza as his Twitter profile pic said to me after I challenged some of his racist, sexist, and generally hateful comments.  I thought it might make you all laugh.  And yes, I reported a lot of his tweets because they were horrible.

smart1.png.7423d7159157dc02151bb9cdfa8779db.png

smart2.thumb.png.a188c3187f97bf3c4207a8bbfbe8799b.png

• Upvote 12

4C0294FA-1A6A-475C-81CF-330D1A4C536A.thumb.jpeg.11bc7ce9c00bf92274447dc523c7bd00.jpeg

yes because of book of stories fixes everything! Hungry and no food? Read the Bible. Depressed? Read the Bible. Tired and can’t sleep? Read the Bible. Broke and no money for the bills? Read the Bible. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 9

Addicts aren't addicts because they didn't pray enough. A great many of them are unconsiously selfmedicating with alcohol or drugs for underlying problems like anxiety, depression. They take it to feel better. No amount of bible reading and praying would help them. Professional counseling will maybe help, if the addict want that help. Battleing an addiction is very hard, even when the addict want to become clean. I'm the daughter of alcoholics and have my own battle with anxiety since my teenage years. I could have easily become dependend on substances to give me some relief on my worst days. I couldn't care less if someone would tell me he will pray for me. And I would be annoyed if they offer me to pray with me, because that didn't help either, only makes the other person feel better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 15

9 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Addicts aren't addicts because they didn't pray enough. A great many of them are unconsiously selfmedicating with alcohol or drugs for underlying problems like anxiety, depression. They take it to feel better. No amount of bible reading and praying would help them. 

This is very true, but I would argue against the uselessness of prayer and reading the Bible. An addict who is a Christian needs to find comfort in God's love, mercy and grace.  The problem lies in the way the Bible is used as an instrument to further condemn the addict, instead of helping the addict -who wants to feel close to God because that's his or her faith- to find the passages that speak of God's love and compassion.  

This ties in with the comments made earlier on literal reading of the Bible. If you throw a verse that says that God hates drunkenness at a person who is self-medicating with alcohol, you're not going to help and you're behaving like a heartless pharisee. If, instead, you look at the parable of the Prodigal Son, for example, you can help the person to see how God is waiting for him or her, wanting to pour out His restoring love. 

Finally, sometimes (often!) the Church is the one who is called to be the hands and feet of God. We, who aren't blattling addictions and who have all our ducks in a row, are the ones who need to be reaching out to those who are struggling.  Only then can we actually help an addict with the Bible and prayers. 

And I don't mean to say that an addict doesn't need counseling! 

I couldn't care less if someone would tell me he will pray for me. And I would be annoyed if they offer me to pray with me, because that didn't help either, only makes the other person feel better. 

I hate that "I'll pray for you" thing. It's all too often used to brush people off and, yes, as a way for the "concerned" person to feel like they've done their duty towards the hurting person.  

Sometimes I feel like a heartless person when I avoid the homeless people who stream into our church building on a Sunday evening.  I'm often downstairs teaching Sunday school when these people arrive and I find their very presence very hard to bear.  I know they have problems that I can't relate to. I know I have problems of my own and I'm not in the position to reach out to them. I struggle to find love in my heart for a person who looks at me with accusing eyes, or who makes strange comments, or who smells bad. It's uncomfortable!  Some of these troubled people come into our dining hall when we're having one of our meals to support missionaries and they pile their plates high with food because it's free. My husband , on the other hand, likes to sit with them and talk. He even wanted to bring one of these women to our home once because he found out that she had nowhere to sleep that night.   I feel guilty for not wanting to be around them but I know that it takes more than just "prayers and Bible reading" to fix these problems and I know that I have to tend to my own responsibilities.  

Maybe one day I will find that love and will be able to reach out to the very troubled people in society. I don't know.. 

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

4C0294FA-1A6A-475C-81CF-330D1A4C536A.thumb.jpeg.11bc7ce9c00bf92274447dc523c7bd00.jpegyes because of book of stories fixes everything! Hungry and no food? Read the Bible. Depressed? Read the Bible. Tired and can’t sleep? Read the Bible. Broke and no money for the bills? Read the Bible. 

That exchange is a perfect example of heartlessness and ignorance.  Lori and Ali Ch are horrible. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, louisa05 said:

When I taught in the Christian school, they were very wary of any analytical reading in any discipline. One superintendent wanted to just teach grammar in English classes, no literature at all, because teaching kids to analyze texts might lead them to analyze the Bible and then question it. 

@louisa05   How, exactly did they word this?  They did not actually say it, did they?  What level did you teach because, to be sure, analysis of literature starts in  high school, no? and it would be impossible to NOT analyze literature in college.  Hmmn, maybe that is why they discourage colleges  lest they start to analyze and think.  It seems so dishonest.  A house is built on straw, it will crumble.

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic