IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

So it's Father's Day is there gonna be no post honoring Ken? 

Also happy Father's Day to all the moms on here that might have done it alone! 

And Happy Pride Month! :gay-rainbowflag:

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

5It's Father's Day and Lori is writing about all the fathers that are providing for their children, loving their children, playing with their children  absent from the family. ?

There are statistic but I don't know if it's accurate. 

But how a is fundie father leaving an impact on their children when he's working three jobs just to make ends meet? Or as in Ken's case, traveling for long periods? 

Lori Alexander is a sorry excuse for a human being. 

About Lori's study guide. There is a rewiew on Amazon from a woman named Heidi Garcia, she is going to do the study on her Youtube Chanel, Heavenly Minded Homeshool. She loves Lori and is so excited to be sharing this wonderfull study guide with her viewers. She's planning to do a video every day and discuss this godly, biblical study. 

I tried to watch the first episode, Be Sober, but made only about 15 minutes because it was so boooooriiiiiing ???? 

I'm on my tablet and don't know how to link from Youtube, but it's on her's Youtube Chanel Heavenly Minded Homeschool 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

5It's Father's Day and Lori is writing about all the fathers that are providing for their children, loving their children, playing with their children  absent from the family. ?

There are statistic but I don't know if it's accurate. 

But how a is fundie father leaving an impact on their children when he's working three jobs just to make ends meet? Or as in Ken's case, traveling for long periods? 

Lori Alexander is a sorry excuse for a human being. 

About Lori's study guide. There is a rewiew on Amazon from a woman named Heidi Garcia, she is going to do the study on her Youtube Chanel, Heavenly Minded Homeshool. She loves Lori and is so excited to be sharing this wonderfull study guide with her viewers. She's planning to do a video every day and discuss this godly, biblical study. 

I tried to watch the first episode, Be Sober, but made only about 15 minutes because it was so boooooriiiiiing ???? 

I'm on my tablet and don't know how to link from Youtube, but it's on her's Youtube Chanel Heavenly Minded Homeschool  

Dear Rufus, Heidi's "Be Sober" video is 45 minutes long. ?

• Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 3

Same goes for men. Being mad and upset can look ugly on anyone. Period. Fuck that shit about women always having to smile. It’s annoying and tiring. I do smile a lot but if I don’t feel like it I shouldn’t have to. 85D7FAE5-9A5E-4E7E-B06E-13195BC71467.thumb.png.aeb65468f2478f545eeb4a935c0a904b.png

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Same goes for men. Being mad and upset can look ugly on anyone. Period. Fuck that shit about women always having to smile. It’s annoying and tiring. I do smile a lot but if I don’t feel like it I shouldn’t have to. 85D7FAE5-9A5E-4E7E-B06E-13195BC71467.thumb.png.aeb65468f2478f545eeb4a935c0a904b.png

Lori is so wrong. My housemates, when I was a student, my housemates used to tell me that "We aren't afraid when you're shouting. We shit ourselves when you're calm and smiling...".

Edited by samurai_sarah
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

New video! Long story short: suck it up, buttercup. Serve your husband. Find the good things about him. Figure out his Love Language. What about your Love Language? Well, Lori says fuck your Love Language, this isn't about you, this is about serving your husband. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5

What's funny is that my church's Father's Day message was telling dads to have their PHD.

P- Priest (spiritual leader) of the home

H- Husband to your wife

D- Dad to your kids

Essentially love God, your wife, and kids. I know Lori doesn't teach men, but this could be framed in a way to encourage women also. I felt quite encouraged even though the message was more about the men.

• Upvote 6

That video. Good grief. I think there is something physically wrong with LazyLori. She has difficulty stringing together coherent sentences. And the glare on her glasses?  Um, TeacherLori, have you considered the time of the year in addition to the time of the day?  ‘Cause there’s this thing called the Earth’s rotation around the Sun that’s making our days longer and changing the Sun’s angle on the Earth. 

But it doesn’t matter. Trust me, your glaring glasses are not the most regrettable part of your videos. At all. 

• Upvote 11

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Sarah92 said:

I wear makeup pretty much everyday. Today was glittery peach eyeshadow. It's still very tasteful though. Since I wear glasses I prefer to fill in my brows with a pencil.

My brows look like caterpillars on my face.  No product needed there, unless you count the tweezers which I have to use at least a little everyday to tame them!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

Much to the detriment of my mental health I have added Suzanne Venker to my daily fundie FB checks.  Today she shared this article.

https://freebeacon.com/culture/this-fathers-day-thank-dad-for-his-hard-work/?fbclid=IwAR0fJbAOMfPzeGXuIuUpAH0tykLKzWdImWUCyvLoZAihvice_W2vkihHyYI

Amongst all of the crazy bullshit on there, the article claims that fathers do MORE work that mothers.  It contradicts just about everything else I've read on the subject.  And then when I got to this graphic I really lost it.  It shows that stay-at-home-moms only do 19.4 hours of childcare a week?  How can any rational person believe any of these numbers???

img2-1024x640.thumb.png.1741c13bd94d7fb4478cad22fdf9c799.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 11

8 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

I can guarantee that I'd be drunk if I had to do one of Lori's studies that was entitled "Be Sober".....or really any of Lori's studies.

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

The sentence in this meme makes absolutely no sense. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

How rude. Anyone can become the exception if they try hard enough. Why not say “congrats on doing such a great job.” Instead of preaching about how not to raise kids alone. A godly mad doesn’t guarantee godly children or godly adults.C0D1F447-E494-40CB-BE48-FD0D59C80CF7.thumb.jpeg.edf6574b25d8e5900403202869616dc2.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Much to the detriment of my mental health I have added Suzanne Venker to my daily fundie FB checks.  Today she shared this article.

https://freebeacon.com/culture/this-fathers-day-thank-dad-for-his-hard-work/?fbclid=IwAR0fJbAOMfPzeGXuIuUpAH0tykLKzWdImWUCyvLoZAihvice_W2vkihHyYI

Amongst all of the crazy bullshit on there, the article claims that fathers do MORE work that mothers.  It contradicts just about everything else I've read on the subject.  And then when I got to this graphic I really lost it.  It shows that stay-at-home-moms only do 19.4 hours of childcare a week?  How can any rational person believe any of these numbers???

img2-1024x640.thumb.png.1741c13bd94d7fb4478cad22fdf9c799.png

How on earth are they defining childcare??? If you're the adult with a child, you are caring for them! Apparently if someone washes a dish or sweeps while with a child, they are no longer caring for the child, but rather performing housework. Mutually exclusive. That is insane.

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

How rude. Anyone can become the exception if they try hard enough. Why not say “congrats on doing such a great job.” Instead of preaching about how not to raise kids alone. A godly mad doesn’t guarantee godly children or godly adults.C0D1F447-E494-40CB-BE48-FD0D59C80CF7.thumb.jpeg.edf6574b25d8e5900403202869616dc2.jpeg

Yikes, Ali is such a bitch.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Okay, I did a dig on those statistics. They come from the US Department of Labor/Bureau of Labor Statistics/American Time Use Survey.

https://www.bls.gov/tus/charts/childcare.htm

Sounds like it should be a dependable source, but it still makes no sense to me. For example:

"Married women, ages 25 to 54, who were employed full-time and lived with a child under 6, spent 2.3 fewer hours per weekday caring for household children than women who were not employed. (Data are from the 2015 survey.)"

What the hell? How can that possibly be true? So, let's say I have a standard eight-hour job and a forty-five minute commute. I'm physically out of the house 9.5 hours each weekday. During those 9.5 hours let's say my child is in day care.

Then I quit my job, and take my child out of daycare. According to this labor survey, I'm then only look after my child for 2.3 hours. What is happening for the other seven hours?? Who is looking after the children if not me, in the home but somehow not looking after them?

Here is a chart from them:

chart2.jpg.5670a85363258c70ade29cb972bb84e5.jpg

Note how they differentiate "household activities" and "leisure and sports" from "caring for household children". That is straight-up bullshit. I promise you that while I was grocery shopping, I was caring for my child in the cart, chatting with him about every item, pausing in the giftwrap section to look for Pooh characters, distracting him when he wanted to grab something he shouldn't. When I was washing dishes he was at my feet playing with the contents of the tupperware cabinet. When it was time for "leisure and sports" it was not, as they seem to imply, me having a jolly tennis lesson and glass of champagne in the club after. It was me taking older brother to HIS tennis lesson and playing jenga and checkers with my toddler in the clubhouse. It's ALL childcare. If the child is in my care, it's childcare. For fuck's sake.

Perhaps the weirdness here is that they're including all "children under 6" which includes children in school (kindergarten at least, and any preschool), which skews the numbers. But that seems a really weird way to do it. SAHM-ing an infant or an at-home toddler is completely different from SAHM-ing a kid in school. Combining them ends up with an ultimately meaningless average of completely different things.

Perhaps the ultimate point was to say that sending your kid to school is as "bad" as going to work, in terms of time spent with them?

This was posted by Suzanne Venker, not Lori, so perhaps this is a bit of a derail. I just... I just hate these charts. They're stupidly put together and don't express a meaningful conclusion.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Yes, I think the are subtracting the time the older children are at preschool, kindergarten etc and this is why they come up with these numbers. It is strange that they seem to think that house work is separate from child care, I mean, a lot of my house work is done while also looking after at least one kid at the time. I mean, this weekend I spent perhaps 1-1,5 hours doing house work (I should have done more that was what I managed), I spent perhaps 4 hours at the soccer field watching my daughter "play" soccer (they are beginners and it is mostly chaos involving a ball), I went to the shop twice, one visit was perhaps 40 mins, the other 2 hours and my husband was with me the second time. My daughter spent about 3 hours on her own at a birthday party but my son was with me 24/7 the whole weekend even sleeping in the same room. The second shopping trip happened during the birthday party. On the days I work I spend time with the kids almost every moment when I am not working. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, elliha said:

Yes, I think the are subtracting the time the older children are at preschool, kindergarten etc and this is why they come up with these numbers. It is strange that they seem to think that house work is separate from child care, I mean, a lot of my house work is done while also looking after at least one kid at the time. I mean, this weekend I spent perhaps 1-1,5 hours doing house work (I should have done more that was what I managed), I spent perhaps 4 hours at the soccer field watching my daughter "play" soccer (they are beginners and it is mostly chaos involving a ball), I went to the shop twice, one visit was perhaps 40 mins, the other 2 hours and my husband was with me the second time. My daughter spent about 3 hours on her own at a birthday party but my son was with me 24/7 the whole weekend even sleeping in the same room. The second shopping trip happened during the birthday party. On the days I work I spend time with the kids almost every moment when I am not working. 

Even with older children in the mix, it seems like a really weird average. Like, if they were ONLY looking at children who were in some kind of school or preschool, every day (no summers, for example), then spending 2.3 hours with them after all school might make sense, depending on when bedtime is (though even that seems low to me. I mean, you pick them up at 3 or 4pm and then what? Our second baby had a 6:30 bedtime but he was a really early outlier, needed LOTS of sleep). I guess they're saying that when Dad is giving them a bath, SAHM is off the kid clock--though that's not necessarily true as there are often--perhaps even usually?--other kids. I bet they're calculating only one parent or other looking after kids at any one time, instead of the very common Mom and Dad both minding/enjoying the family as partners/teammates.

But what about babies? In my experience, most babies of SAH-parents don't go to preschool/daycare. And many (most?) kids have siblings, so even when one is in school there are still youngers being tended to at home. Surely this would skew the average to be much more middling, like 5 or 6 hours a day (with parents of at-home kids tending them, say, 10 hours, and parents of school kids the aforementioned 2.3). And what about summer holidays? What about sick days? That 2.3 hours a day average seems way too low even if the older kids are in school.

Also those 8 hours of "sleep"--HAHAHA. They're clearly not including nighttime feedings, nightmares, etc, as "childcare". Bastards.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

So according to Ali Ch, that mother should have just married the first “Godly” man to come down the pike?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

@Petronella & @hollyfeller If you want to elaborate more on the Suzanne bits, i started a separate topic for her craziness, if you're interested.  

ETA:  I'm starting to wonder if Ali Ch isn't a megatroll that's screwing with Lori....it's hard to tell.  I do think tho, if she keeps on adding her 2 cents in on the comments and "advising" people, Lori will get jealous of the attention and block her at some point.  Can't have anyone usurping the queen. 

Edited by Imrlgoddess
snark
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

On 5/29/2019 at 1:29 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! (see bold)

Husbands are never disobedient! Just ask the Transformed Wife aka the Always Learning wife aka Lori Alexander. If the husband is being "disobedient" it is the wife's fault. Why is that study 8 pages long? 

A dominatrix could help with a disobedient husband :teasing-whipyellow:     

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

7 hours ago, Petronella said:

How on earth are they defining childcare??? If you're the adult with a child, you are caring for them! Apparently if someone washes a dish or sweeps while with a child, they are no longer caring for the child, but rather performing housework. Mutually exclusive. That is insane.

Yikes, Ali is such a bitch.

Looks like Queen Lori has deleted the exchange.

• Upvote 4

I couldn't even read the article "Her Greatest Desire."  My greatest desire is to follow Christ, and after that to be with my family and friends, who love me.  A man doesn't complete me.  If it takes a man to complete a woman, then that means she is not a whole person.  I am whole, I am saved, I am healed, as we say in our weekly affirmation at church.  A man might have been my greatest desire at 20 years old, but at 60, I feel like my circle of relationships is complete.  

Now, let's look at Lori -- alone 40% of the time, few friends, few physical connections with others, takes on the role of leading instead of turning others to Christ.  Sounds like she's the unfulfilled one, not me.

ETA: Right now I'm installing a keypad lock on my back door, and my female cousin is fixing the pipe under the bathroom sink.  The only penises in this house are on my dogs.  We are just fine.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 4

Just leaving this here. This is what makes Lori dangerous. 

(Shit, I did the spoiler wrong. Sorry)idiot.PNG.14e3786b5cb6fd3c5c83d22794f86838.PNGbitch2.PNG.246f87177e884cbe78273546e7c9fd06.PNG

Spoiler

• Angry 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 16

11 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Just leaving this here. This is what makes Lori dangerous. 

Straight from the abuser's handbook.  Isolate your victim, and make him/her distrustful of any outside help or information.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Umm. So. If these people truly believe in "demon possession", perhaps they should take a closer look at their "Godly Mentor." I personally was thinking more along  the lines of personality disorder, possibly brain damage, complications from her brain tumor, age-related cognitive decline, etc. I'm no doctor, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see her diagnosed with any of those sorts of things. 

But in her case I'll accept "demon possession" as an explanation. That would explain why she lies, contradicts herself, actively enjoys causing harm, is abusive and mean, and does so much to make Christianity seem like something impossible, unreachable, and incredibly unpleasant. It could even explain the sudden change in her appearance from only a year or two ago.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

@Alisamer I love that you mentioned that!  I was pondering earlier about their fixation that a bad thing:  acute illness, bad luck, etc. is a result of sin.  I wonder if she's ever flat out said in her chat room or anywhere else that her legitimate issues (brain tumor, slipped disk) are because she was a "contentious wife"?  (sorry I really don't buy the years of parasites) Or does she really believe she's too righteous to have that happen to her....

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic