IGNORED

Here to Divulge... Lindvall, Pearl, VF, Phillips, Gothard, ATI/IBLP

Nolongeroppressed8.4

14 hours ago, refugee said:

Another question for VF followers here in general: how many interns were there at any one time? How many were there in total? How common was it for several sons in one family to be interns at one time or another (not necessarily simultaneous; could be sequential)? Were interns representative of VF’s elite families, or could the run of the mill VF follower aspire to the intern program?

Did families have to pay DP to take on interns, or did the interns receive pay, or a stipend, or just room and board?

Although we knew a family who sent boys to Texas to be interns, either I never thought to ask any of those questions at the time, or I’ve forgotten the answers.

p.s. @Nolongeroppressed8.4 Glad you got out.

I keep telling my kidults that a good, satisfying, fulfilling life that is based on their own choices and values is the best revenge. (Against those who would have tied them up hand and foot, figuratively, and ordered them to be joyful while inflicting as much misery as possible)

I recall interning to be easier at first because they were starting to become more and more national but by the end it was only the cream of the crop practically hand selected. Of the original crowd, they had to work A LOT. Like unmarried men kept out of trouble and from sniffing around Lourdes (apparently) by working excessive hours and on tight deadlines. However with free room and board (6-8 living together) and an above-median salary for the entire country (meaning in TX it went pretty far! They could all have gotten a decent house mortgage with that kind of income)..... They were inner circle. I’m not exactly sure of the process but it was tight knit and very much “brotherhood.” They did everything together. They were barely apart. When not all together some would visit each others’ families. It was very .... close. 

The only way you really left too, on good terms, was if you were going to do something similar that they could use in some way. But leaving was almost as bad as breaking silence on DP issues. I heard from one of the interns who was in and got out that Natty Darnell had a falling out with VF and was toe to toe with DP.....something about the (very horrible terrible) book he wrote or the botched movie attempt. Natty failed to deliver on some promises made, heard from two sources they gave money to his crowdfunding campaign and never received the bribes — rewards? Whatever they’re called. 

Point is: hotel California. You can check out but you can never leave. 

Yet after all that Natty was DPWIAT staunch supporter against “the vile woman” and he proudly promotes to this day all over the Internet how he worked for VF. You’d think he would stop..... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Didn’t Vaughan Ohlman wrote extensively for Natty Darnell’s now gone (but still can find on WaybackMachine) blog?? Lots of fun stuff about how women had to behave to be proper feminine vessels of brainless babymaking.  

Yes. Persevero!  Definite Darnell-Ohlman connection there.  Women-haters flock together.

Ohlman also posted quite frequently on that (now private) Christian Reconstruction and Theonomy Facebook page.  Such a delight.  I think he chastised Nolan Manteufel and co SEVERELY on Facebook during the Fall of the Tool too, but I may be wrong about that.

• Upvote 3

I also need to point out that DP and others inside used to be very adamant about how “women shouldn’t have jobs” and how women shouldn’t work outside the home and should be under the protection of any male relative right? And no women had jobs at VF right? 

Wrong. There were several women who worked there. But none were paid. 

The husband / father / brother was paid.  I heard this straight from someone who worked there.

Even in ROTD they mention how Lourdes was justified in working outside — because her father couldn’t give her a job because he didn’t have his own company/ministry.... that’s why she was under the Spiritual father’s roof. 

Has anyone thought about how utterly humiliating it must be to have had that dude wiping his thing on you? Just saying. 

Sorry for the image. Bleach my brain please. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5
  • Thank You 3

I have it on a good authority that DPIAT has groomed at least two other women, in the early days of VF inception, I don’t know the details and how far he got, but I was assured he has done this before. He was stopped, by a woman no less who alerted the parents of the victims. My question to our insider is this- was DP’s previous indiscretions known to a wider audience or was it swept under the rug and not “gossiped” about? 

Edited by Mrs. Bean
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

I have it on a good authority that DPIAT has groomed at least two other women, in the early days of VF inception, I don’t know the details and how far he got, but I was assured he has done this before. He was stopped, by a woman no less who alerted the parents of the victims. My question to our insider is this- was DP’s previous indiscretions known to a wider audience or was it swept under the rug and not “gossiped” about? 

I had never heard this — but i can tell you that the demand to never gossip was so widespread that talking about anything was discouraged. If you quoted someone’s public words on your blog that was gossip. If you posted screenshots of what they said it was gossip. All of it would be unchristian to do, so no one did. No one was to ever speak anything but Phil 4 style goodness about each other. If you went crazy outs with them like Jen you were “crazy” and “emotional” and just plain bad. So no — I personally think if anyone knew of it they never spoke of it widely enough to cast any suspicion on DP. Truth is, he was above reproach to most of them. He could do no wrong. Even when Natty Darnell got kicked out for insubordination and had to go home to his mommy and daddy's house to live, he stood up in a large house church meeting to defend DP; someone I know heard this first hand from someone who attended. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

36 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

If you went crazy outs with them like Jen you were “crazy” and “emotional”

Classic gaslighting, but they  didn't count on Jen being .... Jen. 

7 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

I have it on a good authority that DPIAT has groomed at least two other women,

Not surprising! 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Classic gaslighting, but they  didn't count on Jen being .... Jen. 

Not surprising! 

I was told DP has destroyed the  woman’s reputation for standing up to him and making his intentions known to the parents of the two young women. Prick. 

Edited by Mrs. Bean
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mrs. Bean said:

I was told DP has destroyed the woman’s reputation for standing up to him. Prick.

Completely. The entire crowd thinks she’s a bad person. But then again, from what I can tell based on who the crowd is still friends with — they ostracized Lourdes, pitied Beall, and pretend DP wasn’t their god for a decade.  

• Upvote 5

Almost seems like these asshats -- Doug Phillips, Beall Philips, and their still-loyal leg-humpers -- are in a competition to see who can be the worst. All of them are terrible people.

This is why it's so hard to muster any sympathy for Beall though the Phillips kids deserve better than the lying frauds who are their parents.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1