IGNORED

if your husband is nice, you're also not submissive enough

contrary

She has a couple of long rants abut divorce and told another fundie (a commenter) that her parents were adulterers and going to hell because the girl's dad had divorced a first wife who slept around.

I think her marriage must really suck and that this is all her control-freaky way of dealing with it. "oh, he *should* be an asshole; if he were nice, it would be ungodly. of course I'm not divorcing him because he beats me!!!"

There was so much emotion in the divorce posts--I mean, she flies the fuck off the handle and freaks out. This is not the behavior of a happily married woman.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, why would a just and loving God make half of the people on Earth smart, capable, gifted, independent, and strong, and then tell them "No, your role in this life isn't to help your husband with the billing, or help him calculate how much concrete to buy, or help him research his sermons, your role is to go fetch him his slippers and cook his food and change the diapers for his kids?"

My exact question to these "submissives."

My exact question to these "submissives."

Because the just and loving god has his words transmitted to humanity by MALES who do like dinner on the table and newly diapered kids when they come home from another hard day of animal sacrificing.*c :lol:

*Okay, I know that technically priests ought to be celibate, but I bet my life that somewhere in there background there are women doing the washing and polishing the floors. As almost always and everywhere.

I have to keep checking this blog, I don't know why, I can't stand her, I've checked her blog for days just to read the bullshit she spews then when she does I get pissed.

her latest...

Joanne said...

Unfortunately, sometimes men choose to abuse their wives (and wives choose to abuse their husbands). Sometimes a woman will actually find herself in a situation where she has done all she can to be a good wife but the husband is still abusive. In the case of danger, especially if there are children involved, the wife might have to leave the home. Scripture is clear though ... she is to remain single or be reconciled to him. Remarriage is not an option. As followers of Christ, we are to LOVE ... divorcing your spouse and getting with someone else is not only adultery but it's also very unloving and unforgiving. (and Jesus says plainly - if we do not forgive, neither will the Father forgive us)

As a non-christian, you probably see right through a lot of the hypocritical professing christians ... I know I sure did (I was an atheist most of my life till a few years ago). I say if you (meaning anyone) are going to follow Jesus, then FOLLOW JESUS. If you want to do your own thing and only follow some of Jesus' teachings, then don't call yourself a christian ... because a christian is a follower of Christ, not self.

... and Christ says LOVE ... FORGIVE ... to be married to the divorced is adultery ... and so on.

October 18, 2011 2:35 PM

But the Scripture is not clear. Can anyone tell me which Scripture she is misinterpreting? I'm pretty sure Jesus was not this much of a hardass.

If I dug for it likely I could find what she's totally manipulating to be able to be the pompous, self-righteous wretch she is, I was going to go through my Bible but decided a shot into my sprite was a better choice. I hate people that distort the Bible to judge and make others feel bad or to justify their own actions or acceptance of abuse(s).

My husband is a Godly man. He does know what's best for me. Usually the things he asks my opinions on are small things like what to buy for his family or if I am going to come on vacation. I don't since there is too much to do at home. Other times it's if I mind that he goes out of town for hunting or for one of his other hobbies. I'm not asked about big things like buying a major purchase item or whatever. He does all of those things alone. It has always been this way. I did ask once why he does this & his response was I am the head of the home. I bring in the money & I shouldn't worry about it because it's no big deal. I was also told that I am not equipped (like himself) to make these decisions because I do not work. Does this bother me? No. Not in the least. He's happy & so am I.

My God, woman! You've never gone on vacation. You've never thought your husband might be wrong on something. You don't deserve a say because "ALL" you do is clean the house, care for his children and cook for guests whenever he feels like bringing them over? That isn't work because you don't bring home a paycheck??? What a miserable way to live. You are worth so much more than you or your $*%# husband give you credit for.

Here is something interesting:

In the scriptures where Jesus makes a prohibition he uses a verb which is “apolyo†which means more to “put someone a way†not divorce. Divorce in greek is “Apostasiou.â€

“In the Synoptics (13 of the occurrences there) apolyo is a (common) term for the dismissal of a woman from marriage by means of a letter of divorce (Apostasiou), so primarily in the phrase “send away one’s wife.†It occurs in Jesus’ prohibition of divorce (Mk 10:2,11; Matt. 19:3,8,9; Matt. 5:31,32; Luke 16:18)â€

Understanding what happened in Malachi 2:10-16 seems key to understanding Matthew 19:3-12 ( Matt 19 ).

Malachi 2:16a reads, “For the Lord God of Israel says that HE HATES DIVORCE (putting away).†Why did God hate “putting away?†Why was His heart so stirred to anger over the “putting away†incidents?

The Hebrew word shalach translated “putting away†(and sometimes “divorceâ€) means: a separation or to separate; it does NOT mean divorce nor has it ever meant divorce.

“Putting Away†(from shalach and apoluo) NEVER Meant Divorce!

For example, shalach is used 878 times in the Old Testament and only 13 times related to a marriage or intimate relationship, which means; 865 times it is used in other situations. To show you that shalach never meant divorce here are five random examples from the Old Testament. Shalach word in bold:

1. Genesis 8:7: (Noah on the Ark) …of the ark which he had made. And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to…

2. Genesis 24:7: (God giving Abraham the Promised Land) …Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee…

3. Exodus 5:1: (Moses delivering Israel from Egypt) …the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto…

4. Joshua 6:25: (Rahab hid the Spies) …day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

5. 2 Kings 5:10: (Naaman healed) …of the house of Elisha. And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and …

Shalach’s New Testament equivalent: apoluo, though at times is translated divorce never meant divorce nor does it mean divorce but rather, a separation.

For example, apoluo is used 94 times in the New Testament and only 18 times related to marriage or intimate relationships. Which means it is used 76 times in other situations. To show you that apoluo never meant divorce, here are five random examples form the New Testament. Apoluo word in bold:

1. Matthew 14:15: (Jesus feeds the Five Thousand) …desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go …

2. Luke 8:38: (Man with/ 2000 plus Demons) …that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, Return to thine

3. Luke 13:12: (Woman with the Issue of Blood) …her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid …

4. Acts 4:23: (Lame man healed at the Gate Called Beautiful) …this miracle of healing was shewed. And being let go, they went to their own company, and…

5. Acts 15:33: (Judas & Silas Leaving Antioch) …And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace from the brethren unto the…

So when you read these passages they all seem to say that God Hates the “Putting Away†and not that he hates divorce in general. Also since apolyo is a verb, only one person can be doing that…the one who puts the other person away. Nowhere does it seem to suggest that the innocent party, the one who did not act or did not apolyo is condemed in any way.

Her life must suck, she just didn't realize it yet. Otherwise she wouldn't have to proof so much how great it is (although there is no positivity in her posts).

Someone made a comment on her blog this morning, one of them is actually cool but the other is like wow! They actually believe what they're saying, amazing.

Ephesians 5:22 said...

Joanna, this topic will always raise many different opinions. Everyone gets so fired up on the topic of submission! Everyone needs to fear God & obey his commandments. So simple but many are negligent in this area. They will be in Hell for their rebellion. I pray God will open their eyes before it is too late!

October 20, 2011 11:32 AM

For me and what I believe you can not be unsaved, you are or you are not but lets say I'm wrong and they're right about submission and all the bs and I'm living my life in total, utter sin, I'm still not going to hell because salvation is not something that's given based on living that way and doing, this, this and this and oh, don't forget to be a judgmental self righteous bitch or no, you cant come in. It doesn't work that way. It's the arrogance that gets me.

I remember listening to an ultra-conservative Lutheran talk show where the host was exhorting us to determine whether or not a sermon had a good balance of Law and Gospel by asking us to count the number of references to Christ, the number of references to Christians.

His theory was that the less a pastor or blogger in this case spoke about Christ, the more the pastor or blogger ignored Christ's love and saving work, in favor of berating listeners or readers with expectations for their perfect keeping of the law.

So I searched the above blogpost for Christ. Wow, 10 mentions of Christ! Upon finding them all -- they have to do with "whether or not you are a follower of Christ" and "how well you keep the rules Christ set down."

These people should not be permitted to call themselves Christians. I'm serious. Call themselves Lovers Of The Law Who Believe Jesus Was The Messiah But Mostly Who Love The Law And Beating Each Other Over The Heads With It.

Oh. Yeah, I see why that wouldn't work. There's not a church sign in the world large enough to accommodate all that. And then to add "Presbyterian" or "Baptist" or "Non-denominational" to boot .... tch. Well, it's a start.

You mean the LO'L WBJW'M BMWL'L ABEOO'HWI?

Archived