IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

I think it's only a matter of time before we see an unmarried Bates daughter (probably Katie if she stays unmarried for a couple of years) in a pair of jeans. Their modesty standards have changed drastically over the years, and at some point I think Gil and Kelly will scrap the no pants for women rule, especially now that their daughters-in-law and many of their married daughters wear pants on a regular basis.

• Upvote 3

So Trace beats Lawson and Nathan to a courtship.

Will this lead to them courting?  :popcorn:

• Upvote 6

I think Lawson is honestly content not courting right now. He likes to have all eyes on him. He wants to be a fundie heartthrob ? He knows courting will end that and will probably end his traveling day as the babies start coming fast  and furious. 

Nathan I’m not so sure about. He seems like a vile human being. But I’m sure 80-90% of men in their community are like that so I can’t imagine that would stop him from locking a sweet fundie bride. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

27 minutes ago, meee said:

Wow - so courtship is official? Is this the first male Bates courtship since Zach and Whitney?

No (Nathan has been in a courtship before) but it could be the first successful male Bates courtship since Zach and Whitney. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

How old is Trace and does he have a job outside of Up?

He turned 22 in February. Good question on his job. I think he took over Lawson's lawn care business, and he does something in law enforcement with Zach, but I'm not sure this is paid?

IIRC, he also went to Crown College and got that "Christian Living" one year diploma.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

, he also went to Crown College and got that "Christian Living" one year diploma

What the hell kind of money making scam is that?  

Can I offer a “work full time and lay on your couch on weekends instead of unpacking boxes like you should ...and motivate yourself to get up and pour some iced tea” diploma?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, BookwormExtraordinaire said:

I think it's only a matter of time before we see an unmarried Bates daughter (probably Katie if she stays unmarried for a couple of years) in a pair of jeans. Their modesty standards have changed drastically over the years, and at some point I think Gil and Kelly will scrap the no pants for women rule, especially now that their daughters-in-law and many of their married daughters wear pants on a regular basis.

They only have four unmarried daughters left! Maybe they will let Callie in a few years. They seem to spoil the youngest three.  

• Upvote 2

I saw on Tumblr that many thinks the photo is been take around the 1st of June, since their dresses match another photo with various friends from that day.

Do we know when the show will return? I think we will meet Chaney on the show as a friend and then they will announce the courtship 

Edited by Italiangirl
Adding a line
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What the hell kind of money making scam is that?  

Can I offer a “work full time and lay on your couch on weekends instead of unpacking boxes like you should ...and motivate yourself to get up and pour some iced tea” diploma?

I'll do you one better. Some fundie/conservative Christian acquaintances of mine sent their daughter to Word of Life Bible College in upstate New York. They offer a two year Christian "collegiate level program" that is non-transferable. It's $18,000 a year. 

The daughter is now 20 and attending Liberty (so private school tuition) for four years to get an actual degree she can maybe use. I genuinely wonder if Word of Life is seen as some super expensive dating service since it's where the parents met? 

I should also add the parents don't have much money and the mother made several comments about all of their debt when she worked with me.

I.Do.Not.Understand.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

51 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

He turned 22 in February. Good question on his job. I think he took over Lawson's lawn care business, and he does something in law enforcement with Zach, but I'm not sure this is paid?

IIRC, he also went to Crown College and got that "Christian Living" one year diploma.

The work he does as a police officer seems to be as a volunteer, the same as Lawson. But he also works for Chad at Paine construction. I dont think the lawn care bussiness even exist, its been years since thay have mentioned it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

Trace has post the photo with him and Chaney from Carlin wedding with a caption that say "My Sunday are brighter with you in them" and in the comment someone is already calling her, his future bride and some one else is asking when he will kneel down! The poor guy hadn't even announce officially and people are already asking about wedding...wtf is wrong with them? (The "fan" not Trace and Chaney...)

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Trace has post the photo with him and Chaney from Carlin wedding with a caption that say "My Sunday are brighter with you in them" and in the comment someone is already calling her, his future bride and some one else is asking when he will kneel down! The poor guy hadn't even announce officially and people are already asking about wedding...wtf is wrong with them? (The "fan" not Trace and Chaney...)

The “fan” is terrible but the Bates set their kids up for this.

when the only time they are allowed to date or whatever they call it and it has to have a purpose anytime two people keep company it’s a BFD.

my kids who grew up in the real world saw different people and I didn’t expect everyone I was introduced to to be THE ONE.

I wouldn’t be able to handle that as a parent, tbh.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I get that since this is the only time the kidult in both Batss and Duggar family are allowed to share time with the opposite sex more privately, people will comment and speculate, I have done it too, but it just seems to put even more pressure on them (generally not just Trace) if when they haven't yet announce a courtship people start asking about engagement. I guess that I shouldn't be so surprise by the fandom who comment on their insta page, but still I am.

• Upvote 5

It’s seems like these couples are pretty serious by the time they officially announce it on their social media. If he just met her I would agree. But I imagine these two are currently pretty serious.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I get that since this is the only time the kidult in both Batss and Duggar family are allowed to share time with the opposite sex more privately, people will comment and speculate, I have done it too, but it just seems to put even more pressure on them (generally not just Trace) if when they haven't yet announce a courtship people start asking about engagement. I guess that I shouldn't be so surprise by the fandom who comment on their insta page, but still I am.

Probably more pressure for the boys since so far none of the Bates boys have made it to the alter with the first woman they were interested in. Zach and Nathan had a previous courtship that ended without a proposal, and Trace whatever that was with Campbell that went no where after filming her with Trace on that ski trip.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

I think Lawson is honestly content not courting right now. He likes to have all eyes on him. He wants to be a fundie heartthrob ? He knows courting will end that and will probably end his traveling day as the babies start coming fast  and furious. 

Nathan I’m not so sure about. He seems like a vile human being. But I’m sure 80-90% of men in their community are like that so I can’t imagine that would stop him from locking a sweet fundie bride. 

I agree I do think Lawson's happy right now with all the eyes and attention on him and take all the pictures of himself that he wants and sprout whatever he wants.  

I'm not sure about Nathan either. I'm still not convinced he's not still bitter over Ashley calling off their courtship. He so comes off as the bitter ex. I'm not sure Nathan's that much of a prize in their world because Fundie world is pack full of men just like him. Why end up with him when you can end up with someone exactly but won't flip out over your hair and won't tell her she looks like crap?  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Why end up with him when you can end up with someone exactly but won't flip out over your hair and won't tell her she looks like crap?  

Did Nathan do this to Ashley? (Sorry, haven’t been following him much.)

So, with this "construction" business.. Do they work under any kind of contractor or anything.. Usually the contractor will hire people through a company.. USUALLY these workers need to be journeyman carpenters.

Unless they do drywalling or painting or something, most construction companies only hire actual carpenters.  which is usually a 4 year schooling.

So Im unsure how "legit" this business is.  Unless its like a handyman service or roofing or something that anyone can join and learn.  But actual carpentry businesses usually only hire journeymen carpenters. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

@mastercleaner they don't even have a website. The instagram has examples of a few projects: https://www.instagram.com/paineconstruction/?hl=en

They've got pictures of a deck, tiling a bathroom, some custom shelves, an exterior entry stairway. 

There is no business called Paine Construction registered with the TN secretary of state: https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingSearch.aspx. Nothing with just "Paine" in the title that fits either. 

You can do that kind of work legally still by declaring everything on your taxes, but when you've got liability involved, you should absolutely form an LLC to shield your personal assets. And you should probably be bonded to some level. I don't think there is anything wrong with not being a journeyman, as long as that's clear and you stick with projects that are manageable. But they should definitely do some more business preparation work if they want to do this for real.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, sparrow said:

Did Nathan do this to Ashley? (Sorry, haven’t been following him much.)

Not to Ashley, he said that to Tori when she was choosing her wedding hairstyle. As far as we know he and Ashley remained friends. Not that long ago he even stayed at her house when he was in NY, and she was invited to all the Bates weddings since.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, onyourwayhome said:

Courtship proposal? ?

Trace, Katie, Whitney, Josie and Alyssa have all commented on it. Erin might be busy trying to fit a 4th bed in the nursery and Carlin is busy designing hers on Pinterest.

I wonder. She finally posted a picture with him now that she has cleaned up her page a bit. lol

Edited by TatiFish9
Took out some text. Changed my mind about it.
  • Upvote 2

On 6/16/2019 at 12:25 PM, WiseGirl said:

So Trace beats Lawson and Nathan to a courtship.

Will this lead to them courting?  :popcorn:

I think it will get to the courting stage, because the family has learned from past failures. Both males courting before him (Zach and Nathan) had failed relationships. Lawson confirmed he has been in love before (Whitney called him out on a Live once). We also know Carlin was at least in a pre-courtship gone bad. Evan wrote a song about it. She alluded to it on the show and on her wedding website. These are just what we know of at this point.

I think now they make sure it has the strong possibility of going to the altar before they publicly present the new partner.

While it is difficult to know if Nathan has a type and Lawson may have some serious f-boi tendencies, I think Trace is advancing in this area before his two brothers because both of them are subconsciously attracted to women who are drastically different than is acceptable in their corner of fundiedom. We will see going forward if either of them display the cojones to actually do the work to snag their various desired type of women or if they will eventually settle once the well runs dry. I thought Trace would be  next. But hard two tell who of these two will make their way to the altar first. I once thought it to be Nathan post Ashley, but recently Lawson has seemed desparate. Could be one of his "come get me" games. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic