IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

Just jumping in to say I'm sure they're sure about engagement at this point. I think after the Ashley/Nathan fiasco they're not going to have another Bates fail at dating on TV. Zach did too but they weren't (I don't think) on TV then.  

• Upvote 6

39 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Just jumping in to say I'm sure they're sure about engagement at this point. I think after the Ashley/Nathan fiasco they're not going to have another Bates fail at dating on TV. Zach did too but they weren't (I don't think) on TV then.  

@BeccaGrim I think the Bates were on TV at that time.  I remember seeing a scene with Zach proposing to Sara Reith (sp.?).  He was so nervous, and the whole thing was really uncomfortable.  In the end, things worked out for Zach and Sara separately.  It might have been when they were on "United Bates of America?"  I'm not sure.

• Upvote 6

Just now, NoKidsAndCounting said:

@BeccaGrim I think the Bates were on TV at that time.  I remember seeing a scene with Zach proposing to Sara Reith (sp.?).  He was so nervous, and the whole thing was really uncomfortable.  In the end, things worked out for Zach and Sara separately.  It might have been when they were on "United Bates of America?"  I'm not sure.

You're totally right. My mistake. I think its because I read it on Kelly's blog that I thought they weren't. But they were. 

• Upvote 3

I believe Zach's courtship and rejection was 'featured' on 19 Kids and Counting during one (or more) of the frequent Duggar trips to the Bateseseses.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I believe Zach's courtship and rejection was 'featured' on 19 Kids and Counting during one (or more) of the frequent Duggar trips to the Bateseseses.  

I was just going to say the same thing.  It was on one of the Duggar's many trips down to visit and they made a big deal about it.  I think because he was the oldest and first of those two Fundie families to enter a courtship so they made a huge storyline about it.  They had to show off what great morals those families had and how seriously they took dating- too bad it didn't work out!  It was very odd and uncomfortable to watch and weird how excited all the Duggars were too.  Creepy.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Fundip said:

I was just going to say the same thing.  It was on one of the Duggar's many trips down to visit and they made a big deal about it.  I think because he was the oldest and first of those two Fundie families to enter a courtship so they made a huge storyline about it.  They had to show off what great morals those families had and how seriously they took dating- too bad it didn't work out!  It was very odd and uncomfortable to watch and weird how excited all the Duggars were too.  Creepy.

While the Duggars were visiting and seeing the progress on the house at some point his first courtship was in the works. The girl and her family performed and they would cut over to show Zach sitting there and watching. 

They showed the actual courtship proposal on one of the ABC Nightline episodes. It was the most awkward thing ever with him thrusting flowers at her and mumbling about his heart being drawn toward hers. 

• Upvote 3

I think they're better off tho. Zach is as fundie as he wants to be. Met someone the old fashion way. Pretty sure they confessed to the kissing because he's the oldest and his parents made him as an example. He and Whitney seem to have a nice life. I don't know much about Sarah, but she ran far and fast. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Not going to lie I like how on the episode clip I've seen of the family talking about Trace and Chaney they talked about how they can be just friends and never pursue a romantic relationship. I think that makes it easier on the kids and hopefully make them feel like they don't have to marry the first person that they like or that likes them back. I think they have learned some things after Zach and Nathan's failed courtships so now they leave a little room for the younger kids. At least I hope I'm right. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Trace have a failed courtship a couple of years ago? I'm not sure if they ever made it to the courtship stage and were just special friends but I'm sure he was linked to a girl a few years back if I remember right. That's probably another reason why they talked the way they did in the clip. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Not going to lie I like how on the episode clip I've seen of the family talking about Trace and Chaney they talked about how they can be just friends and never pursue a romantic relationship. I think that makes it easier on the kids and hopefully make them feel like they don't have to marry the first person that they like or that likes them back. I think they have learned some things after Zach and Nathan's failed courtships so now they leave a little room for the younger kids. At least I hope I'm right. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Trace have a failed courtship a couple of years ago? I'm not sure if they ever made it to the courtship stage and were just special friends but I'm sure he was linked to a girl a few years back if I remember right. That's probably another reason why they talked the way they did in the clip. 

Campbell Roberts and her brother went on a Ski trip with the Bates a few years ago. It seemed plausible that they were in the special friend stage though no one knows for sure.

Nathan and Ashley were 'special friends' before courting. When you like someone it's easy to ignore red flags. Good thing they figured out they were wrong for each other before getting engaged.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Campbell Roberts and her brother went on a Ski trip with the Bates a few years ago. It seemed plausible that they were in the special friend stage though no one knows for sure.

Nathan and Ashley were 'special friends' before courting. When you like someone it's easy to ignore red flags. Good thing they figured out they were wrong for each other before getting engaged.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, that's what I thought. I knew it was a girl with Campbell in her name, but that's all I remembered ha ha. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Gil and Kelly saw that and had a fit.  Trace and Chaney, break those courtship rules if want.  You're both grown ass adults and should make your own decisions, not Mommy and Daddy.

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Meh, I bet Kelly was just out of the picture.  I'm sure she's fine with it.  The rules have always been different for her boys. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Nothing new really. They’re courting. Even conservative Michael front hugged Brandon during courtship. All the more recent couples have held hands during courtship. There was a similar picture with Kelton and Josie though now I can’t find it. Now if they were kissing that would be a different story.

• Upvote 9

On the Bates Family Instagram, Kelly wrote a post to celebrate Josie and Kelton's first anniversary. She says: ''Happy 1st Anniversary, Kelton & Josie! This pic was taken March, 2017, when y’all were just dating and had a chaperone with you!'' In the picture you see I think Addalle in the back of the car.

So the new word ''dating'' is clearly... just a cosmetic change of words. I'm pretty certain they still mean courting with a chaperone always in sight. I wonder if this is what Chaney and Trace mean by ''dating'' (Travis and Katie as well).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

On the Bates Family Instagram, Kelly wrote a post to celebrate Josie and Kelton's first anniversary. She says: ''Happy 1st Anniversary, Kelton & Josie! This pic was taken March, 2017, when y’all were just dating and had a chaperone with you!'' In the picture you see I think Addalle in the back of the car.

So the new word ''dating'' is clearly... just a cosmetic change of words. I'm pretty certain they still mean courting with a chaperone always in sight. I wonder if this is what Chaney and Trace mean by ''dating'' (Travis and Katie as well).

I wonder if any of this language change has anything to do with Josh Harris. I bet they want nothing to do with him now. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/6/2019 at 1:54 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if any of this language change has anything to do with Josh Harris. I bet they want nothing to do with him now. 

Who was he again? Is he the one who wrote the book about the whole fundie “dating” shit and then denounced it? Waiting for Prince Charming or something? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

@AussieKrissy, Waiting for Prince Charming was by Sarah Mally, who is in fact still waiting. Her sister Grace is currently on her second engagement to the same guy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trace just had surgery on his wrist? He posted a insta story on the way home from the hospital saying he had 3 pins put in.. Chaney is with him too.. anyone know what happened? Didn't see anything mentioning an accident or anything..

• Upvote 3

My dad broke his wrist/hand playing football when he was a teen. He had multiple pins and surgery. His hand was never the same after that. Let’s hope Trace heals and his wrist can go back to the way it was. 

• Upvote 3

This family sure  does spend a lot of time in the hospital for being entirely uninsured.

Also does Trace have a job? I wonder how he will support Chaney.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My dad broke his wrist/hand playing football when he was a teen. He had multiple pins and surgery. His hand was never the same after that. Let’s hope Trace heals and his wrist can go back to the way it was. 

My dad broke two different fingers playing flag football on the faculty/staff team at the university where he taught.  (Two different games - apparently the man didn't learn his lesson the first time LOL).  Twenty years later, he still can't straighten them all the way.

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, Seculardaisy said:

This family sure  does spend a lot of time in the hospital for being entirely uninsured.

Also does Trace have a job? I wonder how he will support Chaney.

Trace has been pictured in a police officer’s uniform with Zach. I believe he is involved in community policing like Zach.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic