IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

I think it's about time Trace gets his own thread.

The title is inspired by a video Erin posted on her Insta story of him flossing (the dance move).

The video can be seen here.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

The question is... While Chaney looks like Campbell Morton, nee Roberts, are her beliefs as nuts as Campbell's must be?

From the main thread, we know that her siblings went to a Catholic University, but... Who knows.

It's been speculated that Trace is one of the more fundie light siblings, but... He "got to know" a future Morton enough to have her on BUB -is Trace just relaxed about it, or are his underlying beliefs batshit to infinity and beyond?

• Upvote 4

So far, we have two pictures of Trace with Chaney (in the past week!)… one in Disney World, the other at CarVan's wedding. 

Is Carlin or Evan friends with Chaney or her family? If not, the chances of this being a possible courtship are even higher. I don't think Chaney is in the wedding party, and if her or her family are not close with the Bateseseseeessss or the Stewarts, could she be Trace's plus-one?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

So far, we have two pictures of Trace with Chaney (in the past week!)… one in Disney World, the other at CarVan's wedding. 

Is Carlin or Evan friends with Chaney or her family? If not, the chances of this being a possible courtship are even higher. I don't think Chaney is in the wedding party, and if her or her family are not close with the Bateseseseeessss or the Stewarts, could she be Trace's plus-one?

They are posing like a couple. It’s extremely likely they are in that Bates pre courtship phase where they call each other girlfriends and boyfriend. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I got to check out who Chaney is following on Instagram before she turned her page to private and I noticed that she's following Alyssa's private Instagram page (not sure if she's following John's). I think something is for sure going on between these two if she gets to follow siblings' private social media accounts. Of course, it means something more that they flew to a different state to meet siblings, but hey. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

What’s the over/under that we will have an official courtship announcement in the next 4-6 week? 

• Upvote 6

The style of Chaney's dress... Is it an actual trend or just a fundie trend? I'm just curious because Carlin's wedding rehearsal dress is remarkably similar.

Regardless, I can see why so many of the younger fundies would like this style because it is a little more modest than a tank top and the ruffles give it a feminine look. (Plus, I can't help but think that it has a not-your-older-sister's-cap-sleeve-dress™ vibe!)

(EDIT: changed the trademark symbol)

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I think it's about time Trace gets his own thread.

The title is inspired by a video Erin posted on her Insta story of him flossing (the dance move).

The video can be seen here.

From rodeo dancing to flossing. Yeah, I think the no dancing rule is dead and buried. Too bad the already marrieds couldn't have a dance at their weddings. I'd be pissed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 15

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

There was another from her instastory.

1 hour ago, 19tacos&counting said:

What’s the over/under that we will have an official courtship announcement in the next 4-6 week? 

I think they will dourt. But not sure how long he's known her and have been dourting for awhile now. 

• Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

The style of Chaney's dress... Is it an actual trend or just a fundie trend? I'm just curious because Carlin's wedding rehearsal dress is remarkably similar.

Regardless, I can see why so many of the younger fundies would like this style because it is a little more modest than a tank top and the ruffles give it a feminine look. (Plus, I can't help but think that it has a not-your-older-sister's-cap-sleeve-dress™ vibe!)

Chaney doesn’t follow the Bates modesty standards. Maybe she just chose that way of dressing at a Bates wedding because she knows that’s what the Bates parents prefer. But Chaney wears pretty typical clothes for a girl her age (jeans, tank tops, etc).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chaney doesn’t follow the Bates modesty standards. Maybe she just chose that way of dressing at a Bates wedding because she knows that’s what the Bates parents prefer. But Chaney wears pretty typical clothes for a girl her age (jeans, tank tops, etc).

Yes, I found a pic of her at in college at practice. She has on really short shorts. Doubt she is following fundie dress code in her personal life on any level.

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

[...]

It's been speculated that Trace is one of the more fundie light siblings, but... He "got to know" a future Morton enough to have her on BUB -is Trace just relaxed about it, or are his underlying beliefs batshit to infinity and beyond?

I am interested in her background. I checked her page again yesterday. It was public. Maybe she has two insta pages?

I think Trace is fundie zero, conservative high.  This has been an *opinion* of mine for quite some time, but then I started to doubt it. Now I am back. Trace has been defrauding it up in the last two years. I heard rumors that he curses. But that is all speculation and unfounded. His choice of wife will solidify all this for me. Good for him to pick some one closer to his personal belief system.

2nd gen fundies lose so much precious time chasing their parents belief system. Smart to know earlier on it aint for you. I suspect he'll make it work by finding someone more lax like himself. Chaney is most likely this. We will see.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if Chaney locked her page to do quick damage control. I can no longer find the short shorts pic. I also feel like I could find pics of her on other people's pages easily but not so any more.

In this pic she is asking why people can't wear hoodies to dances. She goes to dances. I think there is another picture where she went to prom.

This skirt is really high above the knee, no sleeves and low cut front under sheer illusion.

It is a misconception that fundie dress code is about style. Style is a component but reflection of purity culture is paramount. Nothing should be worn on a single woman mostly (but males too) that would bring attention to their sexuality and cause the opposite sex to sin. Even if the man (usually) thinks a lustful thought, it is sin because Proverbs 23:7 - what a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

My first impression of Chaney before she locked (and reopened?) her page is that she is not tied up in purity culture. Good for her. But she probably has so many other upsetting values. Again, we will see.

20190525_211654.jpg

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I wonder if Chaney locked her page to do quick damage control. I can no longer find the short shorts pic. I also feel like I could find pics of her on other people's pages easily but not so any more.

I agree. I also went to her Instagram to find out more about her. I could not find any pictures of short shorts or anything like that. That being said, her Instagram feed did look really nice aesthetically. 

Also, I'm calling them Traney until further notice.

Traney.JPG

grammar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Also, I'm calling them Traney until further notice.

We're just gonna pass up the option to call them "Chance"? ?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 21

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

We're just gonna pass up the option to call them "Chance"? ?

Oooohhh!! I like that one better because technically it's just our speculation that there is a "Chance" that they're dourting! ?

In my mind the choices were only Traney and Chace, so I went with Traney.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I think this was her prom dress. If not, it was a formal event that had her shopping in the prom section. Arms and semi shoulders bare. Appearance of see through back to the waist. Shocked she left this one up.

It really is a gorgeous dress from the back. 

From her captions, she seems more fundie than say Whitney - who kissed Zach before marriage, but less than Ashley who was with Nathan and talks about her father's headship over her life . I think fundielite is a good pre-assessment. I wonder if she and Trace will go as far as Zach in breaking courting norms.

20190525_211830.jpg

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I know I'm dating myself, but this style dress (in maxi and mini) was really popular in the early seventies.  In the winter you could put a turtle neck under the denim or corduroy ones.

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper
pesky apostrophe
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone know where Trace met Chaney? I feel like I'm missing something because it seems like she popped up out of nowhere.

• I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Does anyone know where Trace met Chaney? I feel like I'm missing something because it seems like she popped up out of nowhere.

I am still stuck on the fact that he was with Campbell Roberts. Or is that a rumor? I need more info on if they were seen in pics or something else. How do we know the same won't happen with Chaney. I totally missed him with another woman.

• I Agree 5

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

From rodeo dancing to flossing. Yeah, I think the no dancing rule is dead and buried. Too bad the already marrieds couldn't have a dance at their weddings. I'd be pissed.

The Bates are frauds to me. This is Kelly explaining why Carlin has a dance at her wedding.

Gil will do anything for Carlin, not Jesus. Just goes to show their values can be easily compromised for the right price. If I were the other kids, they would not be able to preach anything over me. They don't even follow their own rules.

With that said, if Carlin really wanted this dance and it wasn't some UP push off, good for her to have enough guts to stand up to her parent's wayward beliefs. But I don't see her doing so across the board.

20190526_025528.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I am still stuck on the fact that he was with Campbell Roberts. Or is that a rumor? I need more info on if they were seen in pics or something else. How do we know the same won't happen with Chaney. I totally missed him with another woman.

They were at least getting to know each other. Don't know if they actually courted or not. Campbell was in one of the BUB episode Mass-a-somethin from season 5  when they all went skiing along with Bobby and Evan, but then never seen again. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@JordynDarby5 thanks! I am shocked they let her on the show at that stage.?

So am I especially with what happened with Nathan and Ashley earlier. You'd really think they would have decided to wait then until the couple was engaged before bringing them on the show. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I don't think they'll be courting super soon.  The Bates have started having pretty long pre-courtship dating (Josie and Kelton were doing that from something like August to January, right?) and we've been seeing a lot of the boyfriend/girlfriend before there's an official courtposal. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic