IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 2: Now with Archie

Coconut Flan

I  feel lil' Archie looks a lot like Meghan's dad. That's got to annoy some people a bit.

• Haha 2

On 7/6/2019 at 9:47 PM, viii said:

I just wish Kate was standing in the back and Doria was sitting beside Meghan. 

I think she wasn't because if you look at the picture composition the guys kind of make a triangle.  Harry on the couch and his father and brother bookending the ladies, and my guess is they wanted William and Catherine to be near each other and maybe the grandparents near each other (?).  

They all looked good and I loved the colors Doria and Catherine wore.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:03 AM, Blahblah said:

I’ll just leave this here. Saves me saying it myself.

And yes, it’s a partnership between Harry & Meghan but Harry has been brought up knowing what is expected of him. That snippy exchange on the balcony where he told Meghan to turn around because the national anthem was starting shows just how much ceremony and proper conduct is required.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/big-problem-with-harry-and-meghans-christening-plans/news-story/bcd88fd873717b62f1d26e9b9c37b2ac

I get why Harry wants privacy in part because of what happened to his mother but at the same time, he knows he has duties as a royal that requires him (and Meghan) to be out there.    It's understandable that he wants to shield his child and Archie will likely have more privacy than his Cambridge cousins because of his place in the line of succession but as the article above points out, because of his parentage and family he was born into, it's not going to be "normal".   "Normal" by the royal family definition seems to involve more privacy and maybe less privilege in some ways (for example, refusing a title), but it is not "normal" as in living like the average citizen.   To be honest, the royals have no idea of what "normal" is experienced by the majority of their subjects.

I think on Meghan's end, her desire for privacy might be that she's still integrating into the RF and finding her way, learning where she can maintain privacy and where she will have to compromise.   

• Upvote 8

No. Archie will never be normal person. Like Beatrice and Eugenie He will be on fringes of Royalty with friends and peers in the highest levels of society and immense  wealth at his disposal. He can get job if he feels like just for something to do and ditch it to go party on an island with models. At least The Cambridge cousins will have the weight and responsibilities that come with being so close to the crown to hopefully keep them grounded. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

On 7/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, viii said:

On their Instagram. 

Quelle surprise.  How private

On a less snarky note, baby is adorable.  He's a mini-Markle, that's for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Judging by the look on William’s face, Archie needs a bum change.

I usually roll my eyes at all the feud rumours but you’d think William could try a little harder not to look so miserable.

I think that’s the first negative thing I’ve ever said about him. But dude. Why so sour?!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Factually speaking The British Monarchy is has had dysfunctional, Toxic  or at best distant relations between family members since the literally the beginning. Look at the Queens own children. Thinking William and Henry are Wally and the Beaver and Meghan and Kate are BFFs 4 Life1!1 is very naive.  

• I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Blahblah said:

Another article by the same journalist. I think she explains things very well. Cake and eat it - precisely.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/christening-decision-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-will-regret/news-story/6b0f2e4aa0470605d6728ecd11f89843

That is a good article. I just don’t understand the secrecy around the godparents. It’s public record, so it’s going to become common knowledge. They did the same thing with the birth certificate - refused to release it but the media accessed it, anyway. If it was something private, then of course keep it to yourself (while announcing you’re keeping it to yourself), but if it’s public record... just get it over with. 

Also, Meghan needs to learn to wear British designers already. This country pays for your lavish lifestyle and you shit all over them the moment you continue to purchase high end clothing from the US or France. 

I like Harry and Meghan, but they’re a bit insufferable these days. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, viii said:

That is a good article. I just don’t understand the secrecy around the godparents. It’s public record, so it’s going to become common knowledge. They did the same thing with the birth certificate - refused to release it but the media accessed it, anyway. If it was something private, then of course keep it to yourself (while announcing you’re keeping it to yourself), but if it’s public record... just get it over with. 

Also, Meghan needs to learn to wear British designers already. This country pays for your lavish lifestyle and you shit all over them the moment you continue to purchase high end clothing from the US or France. 

I like Harry and Meghan, but they’re a bit insufferable these days. 

It looks like though every other Brit must comply with the law, HM has announced that the certificate won't be public as she owns the chapel.  

What a pair of entitled assholes.  Harry's becoming Randy Andy 2.0

(FYI...speaking of Prince Andrew, his bestie Epstein has once again been indicted for prostituting and statutorily raping teenage girls)

Edited by acheronbeach
typo
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, adidas said:

I usually roll my eyes at all the feud rumours but you’d think William could try a little harder not to look so miserable.

I think that’s the first negative thing I’ve ever said about him. But dude. Why so sour?!

I generally like William and the feud rumors are just so much tabloid fodder (this idea that Meghan and Kate should be besties otherwise it's a feud is downright silly), but he has shown a sour look a few times now.  Not sure if he's miserable or now that he is executing more royal duties, and in following the strict protocols, he's trying to look more serious?   He seems to be a lot more serious these days in general as he is considered another "King-in-waiting".  His father has yet to ascend the throne, is 70 years old, and it's a given he (Charles) will not have the length of time on the throne as his grandmother even if he lives as long.   So William can expect to ascend the throne at a younger age than his father.  

1 hour ago, viii said:

I like Harry and Meghan, but they’re a bit insufferable these days

I like them too but they are starting to grate on me.   I understand wanting privacy and with Harry being 6th in line to the throne, he has more leeway in this area unlike his brother and his family but there are times it's just not going to happen because he's royal.  His wife is also now royal.   I can see that he wants to protect his wife when she is criticized, and there's been a lot of unfair criticism, but it does go with the territory.   No member of the RF has been immune from criticism at one point or another, save the children, but their turn comes when they grow up.    To be fair, Meghan is still on the learning curve of what it means to be a part of the RF, that's something that will take time no doubt, and adjusting expectations, making mistakes is going to be part of that.   So for now, I can give them both a pass.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

(FYI...speaking of Prince Andrew, his bestie Epstein has once again been indicted for prostituting and statutorily raping teenage girls)

Thank you! I saw this on the news in the past day or two and could not for the life of me figure out where I'd heard his name or seen his face before. All is clear now. (And what a nauseating individual this Epstein is. :puke-front: )

• Upvote 2

I’m not reading anything into William’s expression here. He isn’t very smiley, but Charles’ smile is pretty lukewarm too.  And at his nephew Prince Louis’ baptism last year, Harry’s smile seemed forced as well.  I suspect formal photographic sessions are just plain tedious when you do them so often. Quite possibly William and Charles looked better in the outtakes, but they would have chosen a photo that makes Meghan and the baby look their best. 

• Upvote 10

I'm not a fan of the photographer's composition.   Plus looking at it the first time wondered if it was the 15th take.  Most of them looked like they were ready to move on.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm not a fan of the photographer's composition.   Plus looking at it the first time wondered if it was the 15th take.  Most of them looked like they were ready to move on.  

It was that pulled-out green pillow beside Meghan that had me scratching my head.  Just looks odd in a formal photograph?  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, viii said:

I admit I was taken aback when Harry and Meghan announced they'd be doing charity work in the U.S. I understand the link, but also you all are footing the bill for this, and it seems as though their philanthropic work should focus on the U.K. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

First off, Archie looks cute.

The article had some good points. I also just do not understand the secrecy. I thought up until recently, that people generally adored them. Sucks they seem to be so set on changing that. I can’t help but like them less and less.

The thing about William and Harry is, that until a couple years ago, they seemed to break that royal stereotype about distant relationships. The brothers had always seemed so close. I think the whole feud is just tabloid fodder, but they definitely don’t seem as close. This is natural with both of them grown and married to different women now but it seems a little disappointing.

Overall nice photo. I can’t help but think the godparents are just Harry’s aunts. Maybe. I don’t know why’d they keep that a secret though.

• Upvote 5

5C20CF61-D693-4289-97DF-BDCD55C33163.jpeg.abdcc5080175cb735549eeca8fa34b82.jpegThis is the VIP area at Wimbledon during a Serena Williams match. Hot seats at one of the hottest matches of the tournament so far. The area around her was cleared for security reasons. Those people behind her are her security. The people with her are her two college friends. Look at all those empty seats. There would have been a lot of very angry people who had expected to be sitting there watching the match. Oh, and denim and hats are very, very frowned on at Wimbledon. Just another “Look at meeeeeeeee” for Princess Private. Who, by the way, also had her minders go and tell people to stop taking photos of her because she was there in a private capacity. One woman who was asked says she was just taking pics of Serena Williams and not near Meghan. 

Contrast this to other royals attending sporting events. They sit in the crowd. Yes, the people near them would have been vetted, but there were people. Near them. 

Spoiler

A0933011-56C2-4CB1-91AE-DE938AF56349.jpeg.6703953aa9aaaef2b17d4e751a1f9c12.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

@Blahblah multiple stories in multiple sites today about MM's people telling multiple Wimbledon attendees not to photograph her.  Including one guy who was just trying to snap his own selfie LOL. 

Only Instagram-worthy pics from the pro photographers allowed, it seems.

Edited by acheronbeach
stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 7

Damn. You should see posters Meghan’s ultimate fan/beatification sight Royal Forums doing The most amazing mental gymnastics trying to to excuse everything she does. Anyway They just closed almost all her areas up because their was actual discussion and argument and RF only likes sheeple agreement IE She is a bullied victim and the media is out to get her.  

• Upvote 2

On 7/8/2019 at 3:06 PM, TheOneAndOnly said:

I  feel lil' Archie looks a lot like Meghan's dad. That's got to annoy some people a bit.

I strongly disagree. This cute little fella looks a lot like his father at that age. It will be interesting to see how he changes over time as similarities come and go.

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.1886369e902fb77045762c7d7a77ec0c.png

3 hours ago, Blahblah said:

5C20CF61-D693-4289-97DF-BDCD55C33163.jpeg.abdcc5080175cb735549eeca8fa34b82.jpegThis is the VIP area at Wimbledon during a Serena Williams match. Hot seats at one of the hottest matches of the tournament so far. The area around her was cleared for security reasons. Those people behind her are her security. The people with her are her two college friends. Look at all those empty seats. There would have been a lot of very angry people who had expected to be sitting there watching the match. Oh, and denim and hats are very, very frowned on at Wimbledon. Just another “Look at meeeeeeeee” for Princess Private. Who, by the way, also had her minders go and tell people to stop taking photos of her because she was there in a private capacity. One woman who was asked says she was just taking pics of Serena Williams and not near Meghan. 

Contrast this to other royals attending sporting events. They sit in the crowd. Yes, the people near them would have been vetted, but there were people. Near them. 

I do like her outfit a lot (and I tend to dislike most of the things she wears) and there are enough people attending Wimbledon in jeans. BUT clearing the seats and fordbidding photos screams entitlement. It's nice that she can make the time to support her friend and she is still on maternity leave so it is indeed a private visit BUT the whole thing has an air of formality. That is the downside that comes with the job. Now it looks like she uses her royal priviliges for private leisure. Which she does. If she at least would have met some British competetors or watched another match too or met some volounteers the outlook would have been so much better. This family enjoys massive privilege but they come at a cost. A private visit to a very public event must either be very low profile (which this was defenitely not) or carefully curated.

Meghan and Harry should decide which route they will go with their own roles and with Archie and make a clear statement. The British people will not take a mix of media celebrity and royality for long. Kate and Wiliam already got some backlash when they ventured in that direction.

On another note: many stories and rumours about this family are just gossip and no outsider knows for real whats going on. If I had to guess I would say 75% is just imagination/interpretation/old narratives. That is why I am very cautious in stating "facts" when there is no real proof. I highly doubt that Kate (and her family) was truly just out to catch a prince. Those stories were mostly part of the mean Lazy Waity Katie smear campaign she got for years. But look how that stuck. If it gets repeated often enough people start taking things for the truth. Same goes for Charles "various proposals". There is no actual proof of it just rumours. Lady Amanda Knatchbull is the only one where the stories seem to have some merit. No one of the people involved ever confirmed it. I also don't believe most of the rumours regarding Meghan and Harry. I can see what they do and make up my mind about it but I have no insight in their personality or intentions.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

34 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

it gets repeated often enough people start taking things for the truth.

The U.S. is the prime example of this right now.

I was willing to give this couple benefit of the doubt,  but that Wimbledon photo speaks volumes. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If it is so bad just abdicate, give up the tax payer funding and entitlement and  move completely into private citizenship or work like Beatrice and Eugenie.

I don't buy the rift rumors. It is unrealistic to expect family to get along perfectly all the time. I suspect any cranky faces were due to the tedious nature of the photo shoot or they knew the photo composition was off.

The US focus is a misstep.  We don't fund their lifestyle. When they come here, come under the radar and visit family privately. 

One day the Harry and Megan train will fade and William and Catherine will be king and queen and their children will be receiving all the attention, for better or worse.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I don't really have strong feelings either way for any of the royal, but that pic of Meghan made me LOL. She's wearing a hat and shades like she's trying to blend incognito into a crowd...while sitting in a big empty block of seats. She must have lost every game of hide and seek as a kid.

• Haha 12

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic