IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

How come Sarah doesn't go along on the 8 week long super secret ministry trip? 

I wonder if Anna or Mary's heart will be knit to someone while serving the Lord...you just never know when hearts will knit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4

I've never really known of a mission/ministry that is looking for privacy. They want their name out there, they want people to come to them, they want to shout their "good works" or whatever the hell they are doing. They exist to force people to Jesus - what about that requires privacy? 

As usual, the Maxwells want to tell you how to live but not actually tell you anything. They're so private dontchaknow. 

I'm of the mind that Stevey got caught with his pants down too many time - a couple of failed courtships, just for starters - and couldn't backtrack fast enough. So, they say nothing that can come back to haunt them. 

As for praying - sorry, Maxwells. I'm not the praying kind. But, if I were, I'd like to know exactly what I was praying for,  not just some random girls off on a ministry trip shrouded in privacy. I can't imagine praying for "salvation" for their victims "those secret people they're ministering to" without knowing who they are. I might pray they come away from their interaction unscathed though. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I wonder if Anna or Mary's heart will be knit to someone while serving the Lord...you just never know when hearts will knit

I hate when fundies use this term. My creepy and often graphic imagination immediately thinks of two bloody and beating hearts being knit together with knitting needles. Barf.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Well, if there's one thing Sarah's post taught me, it's that I'm not using the phrase "hinder Satan" nearly often enough in my life.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Palimpsest, never mind that several of these countries are majority Catholic/Catholic offshoot church.  Never mind that Egypt and India have churches that have existed since the time of the Apostles.  Never mind that Vietnam might not be majority Christian, but it does hav a healthy population of Catholic Christians due to French colonization.  None of these countries need evangelical/fundie missionaries!

Now we are being silly. Catholics aren't Christian.* Just ask pretty much any fundie.

*To be clear, I don't believe that.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

Sarah can't go on a mission. She's nearly 40, so there's no point sending her off to find a potential mate, plus, she's needed at home to look after the kids. Poor Sarah.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

They don't want the ministry being harassed by Maxwell haters/snarkers. That's my take on the reason for the secrecy.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

Gosh! They've ratcheted up the paranoia.  A ministry must remain private so their rock star status daughters can help them in private? Hell, even Prince Harry announces who he's helping in Africa!! And what ministry doesn't want FREE PUBLICITY? Or, would they be tainted by association with Anna and Mary as do nothing "girls" with a  whole summer to waste praying for husbands and making balloon animals? Ridiculous. Journey to the Heart anyone? Or at an "event" in a dangerous  Heathen Country somewhere in another time zone....like, say, Los Angeles? ??

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Gosh! They've ratcheted up the paranoia.  A ministry must remain private so their rock star status daughters can help them in private? Hell, even Prince Harry announces who he's helping in Africa!! And what ministry doesn't want FREE PUBLICITY? Or, would they be tainted by association with Anna and Mary as do nothing "girls" with a  whole summer to waste praying for husbands and making balloon animals? Ridiculous. Journey to the Heart anyone? Or at an "event" in a dangerous  Heathen Country somewhere in another time zone....like, say, Los Angeles? ??

Maybe Lolly is debuting her baby sister, Loony.

Edited by Granwych
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 17

Steve is too deranged to even imagine that human beings remember crap he's posted/shared before. 

His bubble is so difinitive and controlled, I'm not even concinved he knows past from present. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Steve is too deranged to even imagine that human beings remember crap he's posted/shared before. 

His bubble is so difinitive and controlled, I'm not even concinved he knows past from present. 

It is not the same pic because Mary has on different clothes. Same color, different clothes. 

• Upvote 4

Father's Day post is up.  It's disgusting.  Coward Steve loves the fact that his 20 and 30 something children are still living at home.

• Upvote 7

Re: Fathers Day Post

Sarah, what your dad has done is not sacrificial love. It is control. 

Its not a great thing that he (and therefore your mom) gave up on all hobbies to become overbearing parents whose whole life is about you and your siblings and they can’t allow any of you to truly grow up and become independent. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Re: Fathers Day Post

Sarah, what your dad has done is not sacrificial love. It is control. 

Its not a great thing that he (and therefore your mom) gave up on all hobbies to become overbearing parents whose whole life is about you and your siblings and they can’t allow any of you to truly grow up and become independent. 

I love your father’s day post for Steve. I don’t care for Sarah’s. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Sarah, you don’t qualify as a young adult living at home rent free. Neither do Anna and Jesse and perhaps Mary. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 6/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, Eternalbluepearl said:

How come Sarah doesn't go along on the 8 week long super secret ministry trip? 

I wonder if Anna or Mary's heart will be knit to someone while serving the Lord...you just never know when hearts will knit. 

Silly Pearl. If Sarah went, who would do Teri's work, dust ceiling fans, keep up with the Holy Schedule and write Mom's Corners?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

59 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Silly Pearl. If Sarah went, who would do Teri's work, dust ceiling fans, keep up with the Holy Schedule and write Mom's Corners?

Maybe I could do it ...what does it pay?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I don’t get the logic of keeping their mission top secret.  Most missionaries are trying to raise as much funding as possible to assist those they serve.  I would think they would have a link so their readers could donate.  The Maxwells are certainly an odd lot.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

"Sacrificial Love" is not a vasectomy reversal. Sacrificial love would be donating a kidney to someone you love. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

"Sacrificial Love" is not a vasectomy reversal. Sacrificial love would be donating a kidney to someone you love. 

Also sacrificing your own control issues to give your kids the freedom to be who they are and live the lives they chose.

Even when it terrifies you.  Because you love them enough to put their needs above your own fears.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Oh Sarah. You and your siblings living at home is not at a no-cost to you. You have given having a choice in anything, pursuing a career, having your own friends and creating an identity outside of the one your parents created for you.

There is nothing wrong with adult children living at home with their parents if it is the right thing for them and their parents. I moved back home after I finished law school for several years. I worked and was able to saved up for my own downpayment for a condo in one of the most expensive housing markets in the world. But there is something wrong with how the Maxwells are doing it.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

I always get sad about the “no hobbies” thing and them not doing anything remotely fun. The only real reason they learned instruments was to be part of the family band when they did their conferences. Sarah is a “writer” but again that’s a ministry thing, similar with Mary and her art. They don’t do anything just for the hell of it. Plus they’re all solitary activities they do under the supervision/smothering of Steve. We never hear about anything the grandkids do hobby-wise, no posts dedicated to Abby mastering a difficult piano piece or Christina painting a lovely Nativity scene. I think we’ve had a couple of photos where Mary was teaching Bethany about painting but that’s it. 

I know we discuss how the Duggar/Bates girls marry super young and whether they’re really “prepared” for marriage. At least they were able to mix with other kids their own age, even if it was at Big Sandy or some other ATI thing. The Maxwells don’t get that at all. Abby is 11 years old now, and she spends all her time with her siblings and cousins. The sad thing is that she has no idea how stifling that is. She’ll be an adult in seven years and be at prime courting age a couple of years after that. I wonder if she ever looks at her spinster aunts and wonders about her own future. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

Having the reversal kids was not a sacrifice it was stupidity. The Bible says god will never give you more than you can handle. He never said anything about you not taking more than you can handle. A result of the reversals is: none of the daughters courting, all living at home, Terri not being able to function without her daughters, and an even tighter schedule. Depression is not something you add more stress to. Sarah I’m sorry but your dad is a terrible father. He has done nothing but control everyone. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic