IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

Depending on which publication I'm writing for it's either APA or Chicago.  I get so confused!

ETA.  And I should proof my FJ posts. So many typos. :)

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Hane said:

I am bemused by the captions regarding “Wow! Look at this unusual combination of relatives at this lunch!” and “Wow! Look at the younger families actually acknowledging Gigi’s existence!” I mean, they freaking live practically next door to each other, and spend most of their time together!

I agree!  It really wasn't all that awe inspiring.

That caption about how the younger families include Gigi in their outings came across as insulting.  As if Gigi is another child to be dealt with.

1 hour ago, Threff said:

I mis-read one of the new picture captions as Jesse ‘trimming his bush’. But it wasn’t that interesting.

Well Uncle Nathan apparently smokes his meat, so there's that.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15

"Mom has a heart to help the sisters-in-law out, so she shops for them too!"  Sarah that just sounds clunky.  

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

My mind went to the exact same place.  Between that and Jesse’s b(r)ush-trimming, things are getting racy in Maxhell.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

Nice to see Smug Joe not having his arm around Invisible Elissa in every picture.  Why does Poor Sarah make it sound like Griselda Teri is the only one who shops for her daughters in law.  What photo dump would not be complete without the caption "these two".  Ellie and Arnold are still my favorite Maxwells.  I agree sometimes they sound like Gigi is some unwanted step child.  I think this is the first time Ruthie is not wearing a frumper.  Yes they are teasing us with Abby cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter.  Hope Bethy' s eye gets better.  That family visiting is the same family they visit in Colorado.  Goofy Anna and Scary Mary get downgraded to the kiddie table again.  Only Goofy would sit there grinning like an idiot during a tornado warning.  Abby really looks like her mom now.

DSC_6527-2-425x284.jpg

3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Nice to see Smug Joe not having his arm around Invisible Elissa in every picture.  Why does Poor Sarah make it sound like Griselda Teri is the only one who shops for her daughters in law.  What photo dump would not be complete without the caption "these two".  Ellie and Arnold are still my favorite Maxwells.  I agree sometimes they sound like Gigi is some unwanted step child.  I think this is the first time Ruthie is not wearing a frumper.  Yes they are teasing us with Abby cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter.  Hope Bethy' s eye gets better.  That family visiting is the same family they visit in Colorado.  Forgotten Jesse has got to be courting one of them.  Goofy Anna and Scary Mary get downgraded to the kiddie table again. 

DSC_6527-2-425x284.jpg

Only Goofy would sit there grinning like an idiot during a tornado warning.  Abby really looks like her mom now.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 5

On 6/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, MamaJunebug said:

It’s a plan and as soon as I have a schedule I’ll let you know! 

The aldi in Leavenworth will be closed July 26 to mid-Sept.  There is a new vintage video game arcade downtown as well as the carousel horse museum.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, rosary said:

The aldi in Leavenworth will be closed July 26 to mid-Sept.  There is a new vintage video game arcade downtown as well as the carousel horse museum.

I know! I'm very sad but excited about the Aldi, I"ll have to shop in KC while it's closed. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, rosary said:

Oo, the newly reno’ed Aldis are cool, indeed. Vintage arcade? Do they allow coffee? 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, kpmom said:

Yes, but does he steam it?   

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

OT: On a friend’s recommendation, I just shopped at our local Aldi for the first time, and was amazed at the metric butt-ton of fresh food I got for a lot less money! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

"Mom has a heart to help the sisters-in-law out, so she shops for them too!"  Sarah that just sounds clunky.  

Yeah, she really seemed to dial up the awkward phrasing in this post.

• Upvote 6

On 6/10/2019 at 2:07 PM, LilMissMetaphor said:

Something wrong with the number 8?

Or is eight more important when it's spelled out?

Things to wonder about.

In APA Style you write out the lower numbers, over ten use numerals. Could she....maybe...know that??

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

In APA Style you write out the lower numbers, over ten use numerals. Could she....maybe...know that??

I was going to guess that they might think the infinity symbol was from the ? or something and 8 looks similar.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

Rose Y. (mrs) says:

June 11, 2019 at 9:35 pm 

Jesse trimming his bush looks so easy. I have to do my bush by hand 

But sorting out my garden is a hobby.

Keep serving and gardening!

Love Rose
‘Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce.’
Jeremiah 29:5

Sarah Maxwell says:

June 12, 2019 at 11:08 am 

Some of the sisters-in-law have gardens, but we only have strawberries and a few tomato plants! We do have quite a few bushes that need to be trimmed back yearly. Amazing how things grow so fast! 

It had to be done....

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 18
  • Love 8

Sarah Maxwell says:

We do have quite a few bushes that need to be trimmed back yearly.

TMI, Sarah.  TMI.  

@johnhugh?????:cocktail::margarita: i think you're my hero.  can i buy you a drink or five?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

It had to be done....

That is a thing of beauty. Magnificent.

Edited by Threff
Not fulsome enough, in retrospect.
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Rose Y. (mrs) says:

June 11, 2019 at 9:35 pm 

Jesse trimming his bush looks so easy. I have to do my bush by hand 

But sorting out my garden is a hobby.

Keep serving and gardening!

Love Rose
‘Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce.’
Jeremiah 29:5

F89D266C-BDDC-4349-BAF0-A0CF5B936019.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

New post up: A glorious example of vaguebooking, soliciting prayers as Anna and Mary set off on some kind of mission shebang. Will they be air-dropped into the jungles of some remote developing country where no one speaks English and monotheism is unknown? Will they be handing out pamphlets outside a suburban mall? Nobody knows!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Hane said:

New post up: A glorious example of vaguebooking, soliciting prayers as Anna and Mary set off on some kind of mission shebang. Will they be air-dropped into the jungles of some remote developing country where no one speaks English and monotheism is unknown? Will they be handing out pamphlets outside a suburban mall? Nobody knows!

And fewer care!

The family — not including the innocent grandchildren — are so unattractive as to be nearly repellent. Do they not see this?  

Ooh! Ooh! I just had a thought. Maybe Steve & Teri have a sooper sekrit in-crowd board where only the truly devoted get the real scoop.  It’s okay that I’m not in that bunch. 

(I realize I sound bitter out of all proportion.  It’s probably a result of my chronic [inborn] depression. Teri & Steve are intent on limiting their children's options for joy in life and anything that steals away joy enrages me.)  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

They always say 'for the privacy of the ministry" is the reason they don't want to give out particulars.

But, how many ministries want to stay private?

The only thing I can think of is they are helping some family friend who is doing some ministry of his/her own (i.e., not a non-profit organization).  Or a family friend who is a new mom.  Or something like that.

But even then they could just say they're helping a friend's ministry, or something similar, without giving much details.

The Maxwells have a couple of semi-interesting things happen now and again and they refuse to discuss them.  They're weird, what can I say.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, kpmom said:

They always say 'for the privacy of the ministry" is the reason they don't want to give out particulars.

As if the Maxspinsters are such celebrities that throngs of fans will arrive and negatively affect The Ministry’s good works?  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

48 minutes ago, kpmom said:

But, how many ministries want to stay private?

The ones that are in "closed to to evangelical Christian missionary" countries that are "hostile" to Christianity.  Because, you know, they have their own perfectly legitimate religions and don't like neocolonialism perpetrated by religious nuts.  The missionaries  wangle themselves into these countries under false pretenses so everything is kept secret.

I fully expect Mary and Anna are ministering to young ladies in (wild speculation) Columbus, Ohio.  This is probably the usual Max  special-ness.

But they could be venturing further afield.  We suspected John's mystery ministry trip was to Bangladesh.  It is on the list of unreached countries hostile to Christian evangelists.

Algeria, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bangladesh, Brunei, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Eritrea, Georgia, India, Iraq, Laos, Libya, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Maldives, Mauritania, North Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Somalia, Tajikistan, Tibet, Tunisia, VietnamLaos, Nepal,

That's only a partial list, BTW.  And it should include North Sentinel Island and Russia.  We know what happened to John Chau -- died through his own criminal stupidity.  In Russia new (2016) legislation provides for fining Fundie evangelists whether they are foreign or homegrown.   Fundies like JWs and Pentecostals are suffering great persecution there these days.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 3

@Palimpsest, never mind that several of these countries are majority Catholic/Catholic offshoot church.  Never mind that Egypt and India have churches that have existed since the time of the Apostles.  Never mind that Vietnam might not be majority Christian, but it does hav a healthy population of Catholic Christians due to French colonization.  None of these countries need evangelical/fundie missionaries!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic