IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

23 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Christopher & NR Anna had a "no touch courtship".   Could Stevehovah go one better if he allowed one of daughters to court? I imagine something along the lines of a table with a plexiglass partition and a phone like one sees in jail.

I'm sure having them never meet or talk in conversation first would be better. The fathers can contract the sale without distraction that way.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ksuheather said:

If you make it to the LV for a Maxwell tour I will meet you for Godly coffee and shopping at Aldi :D

It’s a plan and as soon as I have a schedule I’ll let you know! 

• Upvote 5

New post, more plugging their shit. Oooh, they have special Father's Day bundles!! You can save a whole $5 on one them bundles!! What a steal!!

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Could such a man fool Steve long enough to be allowed to court a Maxgirl?

I can answer that. Completely, finally and irrevocably:

No. 

Because it will never happen: Steve has a direct line to The Almighty and said deity had already assured Steve that there are NO men on earth who are qualified to be Poor, NR nor Scary’s headships. 

Thus hath spaken Steve’s Lard: “Thine daughters are thine and shall’st shine in their Me-ordained role as support staff for thee and thine sweet little wife in thou’st years of decline. Declineth. Decliners. WhatEVER! I am Steve — i mean, I AM THE LORD! — and I, Steve (I mean, G-d!!!) declare it to be thus!”

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Christopher & NR Anna had a "no touch courtship".   Could Stevehovah go one better if he allowed one of daughters to court? I imagine something along the lines of a table with a plexiglass partition and a phone like one sees in jail.

I was seeing a blindfolded Anna or Mary being led to the slaughter  altar to the man of Steve's choice. I'm seeing a guy who crushes a burrito wrapped in a napkin after being handed an umbrella that matches Steve's. After a "treat" of bad white cake/wedding cake, she's led off to a motel room made "nice" with a bouquet of plastic flowers for the other ritual. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I vaguely remember seeing Agenda, which I think was largely about how Obama is a communist because he's connected to people who are connected to people who... etc.  I really don't remember anything substantial about it.

But I guess I'll be seeing Agenda 2 when my parents inevitably find out about it.  At least I somehow managed to escape seeing this one: https://absentmovie.com/

Could such a man fool Steve long enough to be allowed to court a Maxgirl?

Only if Steve is at least partially comatose.

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I was seeing a blindfolded Anna or Mary being led to the slaughter  altar to the man of Steve's choice. I'm seeing a guy who crushes a burrito wrapped in a napkin after being handed an umbrella that matches Steve's. After a "treat" of bad white cake/wedding cake, she's led off to a motel room made "nice" with a bouquet of plastic flowers for the other ritual. 

I'm sure that some creative genius can make an animal crackers cake.  A small one, to be sure, since every guests only have two.  And for entertainment everyone can do a "spin like a ceiling fan" workout.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I knew the touted Father’s Day gifts would just be a product shill. Boooooorrrrriiiinnnnnggggg.

• Upvote 8

They are in love with Google! Just like new Christians/vegans/anti-vax - - whatever - they latch on and go over the top in talking about it and promoting it. I wonder who in Maxhell found it first? 

Also, if you're going to "invite" me to something, tell me when and where. Don't tell me to "Google it". Why would anyone go out of their way to search them out with just droplets of information? 

• Upvote 7

The Maxhelliions going gaga for Google is like normal people getting excited about a refrigerator.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16

On June 7, 2019 at 4:28 PM, Granwych said:

I'm sure that some creative genius can make an animal crackers cake.  A small one, to be sure, since every guests only have two.

How's this?

image.jpeg

Edited by Elegant Mess
Removed extra space
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Anna and Mary are off on another summer mission trip. Gotta keep those poor prisoners girls busy somehow. I wonder how the sisters-in-law will cope. Ofcourse they won't tell us where they're going. Do Operation Christmas Child do missions?

• Upvote 8

Double posting to say I love the fact that Jesse follows about 150 people on twitter, and amongst the usual lot of pastors, right wing senators and techy types, he also follows AOC and Ilan Omer. I'm sure it's just so he can see how evil they are, but I find it interesting.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, terranova said:

Double posting to say I love the fact that Jesse follows about 150 people on twitter, and amongst the usual lot of pastors, right wing senators and techy types, he also follows AOC and Ilan Omer. I'm sure it's just so he can see how evil they are, but I find it interesting.

I think it’s better than living in complete ignorance. Likely like his sisters. What if one of them actually says something he agrees with? Will his brain explode? 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, terranova said:

So much for getting the news in the checkout line at Aldi!  Technology has invaded the last scion of The Steve Maxwell Family.  I wonder if FJesse had to get permission to open a Twitter account.  He’s over 21, right?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Why do they keep promising posts tht never happen? I would prefer an update on where the girls are going or how is Steve doing than this photo dump

• Upvote 8

I am bemused by the captions regarding “Wow! Look at this unusual combination of relatives at this lunch!” and “Wow! Look at the younger families actually acknowledging Gigi’s existence!” I mean, they freaking live practically next door to each other, and spend most of their time together!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

The "girls" are off to minister to the unsuspecting! Does this bring with it the possibility of mingling with potential mates? I'm sure Sarah is long regarded as past her sell-by date, but could there be hope for Anna and Mary?

• Upvote 5

husband for 44 years, dad to eight, and grandpa to 14

Something wrong with the number 8?

Or is eight more important when it's spelled out?

Things to wonder about.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Something wrong with the number 8?

Or is eight more important when it's spelled out?

Things to wonder about.

I think I remember learning that “8” was always to be spelled out; though I can’t remember why.* I am actually surprised that a Maxwell would have been taught a rule of grammar like that.  

* Now I am going to take the Maxwells’ profound advice and Google it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I think I remember learning that “8” was always to be spelled out; though I can’t remember why.* I am actually surprised that a Maxwell would have been taught a rule of grammar like that.  

* Now I am going to take the Maxwells’ profound advice and Google it. 

The grammar rule is numbers one to nine shd be written, 10 and over shd be numerals.  There’s lots of exceptions, including if one number looks weird in a series of numbers formatted the other way, like we see in the post.  I’m also a little surprised to see this rule randomly popping up in a Maxwell text! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

The grammar rule is numbers one to nine shd be written, 10 and over shd be numerals.  There’s lots of exceptions, including if one number looks weird in a series of numbers formatted the other way, like we see in the post.  I’m also a little surprised to see this rule randomly popping up in a Maxwell text! 

I love this stuff and have actually been reading about it since I posted my comment. Thanks for the refresher. 

*Nerd Alert: I have been thinking about ordering a grammar textbook. I wonder what I kept from college....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I mis-read one of the new picture captions as Jesse ‘trimming his bush’. But it wasn’t that interesting.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

57 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I love this stuff and have actually been reading about it since I posted my comment. Thanks for the refresher. 

*Nerd Alert: I have been thinking about ordering a grammar textbook. I wonder what I kept from college....

It depends on which manual you are using.  The Associated Press Stylebook and APA Publication Manual agree with @Tiny Bubbles.    The Chicago Manual of Style makes you spell out all number up to one hundred, IIRC.

I always have to look it up.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It depends on which manual you are using.  The Associated Press Stylebook and APA Publication Panual agree with @Tiny Bubbles.    The Chicago Manual of Style makes you spell out all number up to one hundred, IIRC.

I always have to look it up.

Very true, thanks!  I’m so used to the guide I use that I forget there’s other ways of doing things. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic