IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

I’m sure to Steve there are deep theological reasons behind giving up sailing and keeping hiking but alas unless you  have a penis you will never be able to understand. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It's odd really. What is the difference between sailing and climbing mountains in Colorado? It makes no sense that he propounds one and gives up the other.

Money.  Sailing is ridiculously expensive and...where do you sail in Kansas?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Money.  Sailing is ridiculously expensive and...where do you sail in Kansas?

One possibility is Lake Perry, a bit west of Leavenworth or Stockton Lake State Park located a few hours south of Kansas City.  Stockton Lake is a favorite here in Missouri.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

I saw the photo on reddit and thought it was an FLDS photo...

I had the same reaction!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Well, I suppose you could argue that with sailing, you are slothfully sitting there for long periods of time, merely enjoying the wind on your face and the sun on your skin? Whereas with hiking, you (if you're the fairer sex, more deserving of punishment) are forced to deal with annoying skirts slapping against your legs, reminiscent of self-flagellation, and then there is all that cardio, which is good for preserving Steve's holy temple.  Further, in order not to pass out in the daytime heat, you must rise in the middle of the night, which, monk-like, is also appropriately punishing, less like enjoyment than torture.  

I'm sure I could keep going, but it is tiresome trying to think like a Max! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

I don’t recall who the seated little boy in front of Calia is but he looks like he is owed money and about collect on somebody’s ass ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

If you are a mere passenger on a sailboat, you may be slothfully sitting around, but it you're on a dinghy, you're almost certainly going to be working either as the helmsman or as crew working the sheets (lines).  Either way, you've got to be alert at all times.  

@HerNameIsBuffy, sailing does not have to be expensive.  There are free and cheap sailboats (I belong to a cheap sailboats yahoo group), boneyard boats and cheap homebuilt boats like Cape Cod Frostys and Puddle Ducks.  Not every sailboat needs to be an Oyster!*

*Oysters are really expensive sailing yachts built for cruising/ voyaging.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 5

20 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Do Chris and Anna Marie usually share pregnancy news that early? nEven due at the early part of the month she can't be more than 8ish week, right? 

I was really surprised at that too. I'm due the first half of February and I'm just 7 weeks (surprise IUD baby!). We haven't told anyone but my best friend. 

I'm guessing Anna Marie's baby was long-awaited and they didn't want anyone to start wondering if she was on the evil pill. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 12

4 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I’m sure to Steve there are deep theological reasons behind giving up sailing and keeping hiking but alas unless you  have a penis you will never be able to understand. 

Perhaps he really hates hiking, as does just about everyone else in the family. Therefore it's not just a Good Thing, it's a Requirement. The Maxwell version of a hair shirt, if you will.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

I was really surprised at that too. I'm due the first half of February and I'm just 7 weeks (surprise IUD baby!). We haven't told anyone but my best friend. 

I'm guessing Anna Marie's baby was long-awaited and they didn't want anyone to start wondering if she was on the evil pill. 

Father's Day was recently wonder if they announced it just for that and gave Coward Steve a baby rattle as a gift.

18 hours ago, meee said:

Lol! But I know why, I was just curious if there was an official "thou shalt now be called Anna Marie" moment on the blog.

Amish Anna has a sister named Sarah and Poor Sarah nicknamed her Gracie just for that and admitted to it.

• Upvote 4

I looked back over the blog and Anna does tend to announce early with her pregnancies, usually about two months after conception. Joshua was actually late, he was originally due May 20th but was actually born June 1st 2012 (they announced the pregnancy in October 2011). 

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

I hope it's a boy and they name him Peter.

I hope it’s a boy too. Otherwise she will be named something like Anne Ruth.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ha. Now I want her to have a girl just so I can see what they'd name it. (But poor Lydia is left out of the name repeating. Maybe Anne Joy or Grace Lydia?)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, meee said:

Ha. Now I want her to have a girl just so I can see what they'd name it. (But poor Lydia is left out of the name repeating. Maybe Anne Joy or Grace Lydia?)

Stephanie Messiah? Has a nice ring to it. Grandpa should like it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I hope it's a boy and they name him Peter.

Peter, Peter don't want to be a bean burrito eater.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

On 6/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, meee said:

Also, do we know how old she is? This information, I'm sure, is somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

NR Anna is 33. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You are not lying.

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Haha, but how indicative of Maxwellian "creativity".  

There are plenty of hard core biblical names to choose from at this point.  Will have to see what options are left after child #12.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Haha, but how indicative of Maxwellian "creativity".  

There are plenty of hard core biblical names to choose from at this point.  Will have to see what options are left after child #12.

I bet they won’t repeat any boy names. Just the girl ones :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On June 25, 2019 at 6:34 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

It's odd really. What is the difference between sailing and climbing mountains in Colorado? It makes no sense that he propounds one and gives up the other.

Well, on a sailboat, you might pass near enough to another boat or someone's pier and see a heathen woman out wearing immodest shorts and a single t-shirt, or even a tank top! A bikini would absolutely cause Steve to burst into tears, and it's hard to man a sailboat when you're sobbing, I imagine. Especially if you've had to order your sons to cover their eyes lest they see a glimpse of female skin.

And the girls, despite not having penises, would probably want to jump in and help prevent them grounding the boat, but with their long skirts tangling up in everything, tripping them, and threatening to be blown upward by the wind exposing the defrauding backs of their knees, they're not going to really be much help. 

Hiking is much easier. Out in the woods where you are less likely to see other people, so fewer women in immodest swimsuits! And if a defrauding lady does appear, with her hiking boots and khaki cargo shorts showing the fact she has two legs above the knee, there's no harm in everyone standing still and hiding their eyes, or ducking behind a tree to pray as she passes. Steve can even preach as he walks, if he feels the need.

On June 25, 2019 at 11:39 AM, Black Aliss said:

Perhaps he really hates hiking, as does just about everyone else in the family. Therefore it's not just a Good Thing, it's a Requirement. The Maxwell version of a hair shirt, if you will.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least. I'm not opposed to a nice stroll in the woods, but hiking up mountains? Especially in long denim skirts? No thank you. Sweat, bugs, animals, dirt, exposure to the weather, peeing in the woods... all generally less pleasant than sailing, I'd think.

I wonder if that place in Colorado is the least favorite of all the places he's every been, and that's why they go there every year without fail?

Steve is apparently one of those people who believes that the more miserable you are on earth, the better heaven will be. I can imagine him walking up to God and God asking him why he ignored and denied all the awesome things God gave us here to enjoy, and scolding him for making his children suffer through his delusions.

Jesus seemed to have hung out at the beach, traveled, visited friends, enjoyed being around children, attended weddings with receptions fun enough for the wine to run out, had big dinner feasts with the disciples, etc. I highly doubt Jesus scheduled every minute of his day and made efforts to remove as much fun from his life as possible. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

On 6/25/2019 at 12:55 AM, closetcagebaby said:

I saw the photo on reddit and thought it was an FLDS photo...

The photo’s on reddit?? In a discussion? I’m gonna go find it!

i also thought it was an FLDS photo!

On 6/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, SPHASH said:

Father's Day was recently wonder if they announced it just for that and gave Coward Steve a baby rattle as a gift.

Amish Anna has a sister named Sarah and Poor Sarah nicknamed her Gracie just for that and admitted to it.

In defense of my PoorSarah, I believe Grace IS Sarah Hamilton’s middle name.

Whereas I’m betting Stevovah chose Marie for NRAnna because Marie sounds like Mary   gentle meek handmaiden of the lord be it unto me  according to thy will.  Submissive.

Whereas Anna Kay sounds contemporary,  Anna Katherine sounds Regal, and Anna Katie?? — WAAY too feisty & Irish! 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Well, on a sailboat, you might pass near enough to another boat or someone's pier and see a heathen woman out wearing immodest shorts and a single t-shirt, or even a tank top! A bikini would absolutely cause Steve to burst into tears, and it's hard to man a sailboat when you're sobbing, I imagine. Especially if you've had to order your sons to cover their eyes lest they see a glimpse of female skin.

And the girls, despite not having penises, would probably want to jump in and help prevent them grounding the boat, but with their long skirts tangling up in everything, tripping them, and threatening to be blown upward by the wind exposing the defrauding backs of their knees, they're not going to really be much help. 

Il((snipped))

Quoted.  For. BRILLIANCE. 

(“The defrauding backs of their knees,” indeed.)

• Love 3

Just found this random quote on FB:

Stephen King, in his book “On Writing”  said: “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic