IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

She's got a spectra breast pump on her registry, so that goes a long way to answering my question about whether any of these people have actual health insurance. 

Can you elaborate on what that mean?

Edited by indianabones
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Can you elaborate on what that mean?

Some health insurance plans will cover the cost of a breast pump.  But I don’t think that’s a good indicator of whether or not they have insurance, since insurance plans often give you little or no choice on what pump you get. If you get one at all.

My question is, why does she need a double electric breast pump if she’s going to be a SAHM? Is she planning to drop her off at the TTH and leave on a regular basis?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I’m pretty sure all actual US insurance plans have to provide a breast pump per the ACA. But perhaps I’m mistaken on that.

That may be true...I had my kids prior to the ACA and I didn’t get one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Caroline said:

I had a miscarriage (first pregnancy) at 13 weeks, and then got pregnant again three months later.  I didn't even tell people outside of my immediate family until five months.  My daughter was born healthy, and we were beyond grateful.  I didn't ever want to tell her about the miscarriage right before her because I was afraid she would ask herself that very question (Would I be here if that baby had been born?)  My sister spilled the beans about it when my daughter was 20.  She didn't realize I hadn't told her.  My daughter thought I was a little overly protective of her feelings, but understood my concern.  She also understands that miscarriages happen and sometimes there's no reason.  But, I'm not a fundamentalist Christian whose entire life is supposed to be about babies and more babies.  Lauren seems to like attention and that's how I see this strange situation with the cake at another baby's shower.  I understand grieving, but within reason and not so publicly. 

It’s odd because I remember when my dad talked about my mom having a miscarriage before my sister was born. He immediately made it seem like it was “meant to be” that she was here on earth. Therefore I don’t think it made my sister feel bad. My family members are religious (some more devout than others) so they often use those “meant to be” justifications to make themselves feel better. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, LacyMay said:

At the risk of sounding like a terrible human being the way she's acted so far I can't help but be concerned that having this baby is almost going to be a let down for Lauren.

After all the attention she seens to be embracing from her loss having a (God willing) healthy baby at the same other time as 2 other people having healthy babies might be a bit of a shock for her. With Kendra and Anna due at the same time and Abbie not far after she's going to be sharing the limelight. And so far that hasn't seemed to be something she's good at.

I understand what you mean about a letdown for her, because there will be less attention given to her with all the other babies being born. 

I think that's going to get worse and worse as time goes on and the number of babies keep increasing. Each baby is going to get less and less individual attention. And those showers they seem to have for each baby are going to get so often - yeah, people are going to care less and less. 

It'll be interesting to see how many pregnancies there will be and how many babies will be born next year. 

It'll also be interesting to see what happens when Lauren has baby #2 - will there be an Asa cake then, too? 

• Upvote 14

18 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I understand what you mean about a letdown for her, because there will be less attention given to her with all the other babies being born. 

I think that's going to get worse and worse as time goes on and the number of babies keep increasing. Each baby is going to get less and less individual attention. And those showers they seem to have for each baby are going to get so often - yeah, people are going to care less and less. 

It'll be interesting to see how many pregnancies there will be and how many babies will be born next year. 

It'll also be interesting to see what happens when Lauren has baby #2 - will there be an Asa cake then, too? 

She might gravitate more to her side of the family because of it. In her family, she will be so special because she gave her parents the FIRST grandbaby. They will shower her with the attention she won’t get in the sea of people at the Duggar house. Michelle can say having too many children is like having too many flowers and she may actually be right. If you order 3 dozen roses, will anyone notice if one is missing? No. If you order 3 roses, will you notice if one is missing. Yep! When you have a ton of the same thing over and over and over again, it’s just not that special anymore. If you celebrated your birthday every other day, it wouldn’t be special. Lauren’s second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth won’t be special in the Duggar family. But they will be in the Swanson family. Until her siblings start breeding like rabbits.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I suspect the Asa fixation will only  subside when she has her first boy but A son consciously or not will be compared to his Golden “Big Brother” that is now a precious sweet angel sitting with Jesus and eagerly waiting to see them! This other baby boy though we love him of course is  a sinful human God gave us who must be disciplined to be worthy of heaven. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 7

I wonder how long Josiah will have to carry Lauren around the house after a labor and delivery, or C-section. I mean, really, why couldn't jesus carry her around the house a la the 'footprints in the sand' poem? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I’m pretty sure all actual US insurance plans have to provide a breast pump per the ACA. But perhaps I’m mistaken on that.

Not all breast pumps are created equal though. Having said that I must agree that a specta S2 seems like overkill for a SAHM.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My question is, why does she need a double electric breast pump if she’s going to be a SAHM? Is she planning to drop her off at the TTH and leave on a regular basis?

I’m a SAHM and I got one as a just in case while pregnant. I’m glad I did because I ended up having to pump the first week of my daughters life. Now I pump every morning so I have some extra milk for the few times a week I go out. Or so my husband can give her a bottle occasionally.

3 minutes ago, oldfashionedgal said:

Not all breast pumps are created equal though. Having said that I must agree that a specta S2 seems like overkill for a SAHM.

I have the spectra S1 pump as a stay at home mom. It’s one of the best rated ones out there so why not make it easier on myself when I do pump 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I have the spectra S1 pump as a stay at home mom. It’s one of the best rated ones out there so why not make it easier on myself when I do pump 

Fair enough! I’m pregnant with my first and really hoping to get an S1, not totally convinced our finances would allow it though.

• Upvote 1

I agree that she needs real counseling because that is messed up. 

I have never had a miscarriage so I can’t relate to that grief.  I did have a 12 year old child die and I feel like I was equipped to grieve and create a new normal over time. (And seek help)  I don’t feel like she will ever get there and that will be such an unhealthy way to live.

Did they know it was a boy? I thought she miscarried really early.

• Love 43

21 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  Neither would a steady stream of "I wish Asa could be here to...".

Every time she or anyone wishes that Asa could be here they are telling their daughter they wish she was not. The baby was dealt a crappy hand already being born in that family I really hope Lauren snap out of this once her actual live baby is here. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Wolf boy and his wife went in  for the 3 month ultrasound to find out the sex with their first pregnancy. There was no heartbeat. She needed a D&C. They never knew the sex. They planted an olive tree in memory. They were fortunate to get pregnant about six months later. They figure the child They have is the one that was meant to be. They did get counseling and grieve. We all grieve in our own way, but I find the Asa cake a little creepy. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 17

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

In the last picture, Joy looks so sad and Jessa looks like she wants to cut a bitch

Joy looks like she's at a funeral that sort of politely sad expression. Jessa looks furious. Surprisingly Jill just looks neutral. 

The one expression I'm loving is Anna's sort of mix of wtf just happened, can I leave? And can someone bring me some popcorn because shit's about to get real. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Every time she or anyone wishes that Asa could be here they are telling their daughter they wish she was not.

Please tell my mother this! 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 18

14 hours ago, Letizia said:

I think it’s the third one

I have never complimented Michelle on her clothing choices, however that pink striped top with the light skirt looks very nice on her.

There, I said something nice this about her this year so I’m done with that.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Letizia said:

I think it’s the third one

Reveal hidden contents

Is there any evidence anywhere at all that this picture shows the cake reveal?   I have very strong doubts that's what that's a picture of.  I think it's silly to overanalyze facial expressions in snapshots anyways, but I don't even think this picture is of the moment people are claiming. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Yes they do now. I have tried care and I actually got a pretty large selection too. I went with the medella freestyle though because my work provides us an extremely nice pump at work. (I work for a children's hospital). It's the same one the NICU moms get to use. It saves us from having to lug ours around and theirs I hear works like twice as fast for most people. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yes they do now. I have tried care and I actually got a pretty large selection too. I went with the medella freestyle though because my work provides us an extremely nice pump at work. (I work for a children's hospital). It's the same one the NICU moms get to use. It saves us from having to lug ours around and theirs I hear works like twice as fast for most people. 

Unfortunately, that's not the case. When I was pregnant four years ago, I contacted my insurance carrier about getting a breast pump. They said "we are a grandfathered company so we are exempt from most of the ACA requirements. " I was dumbfounded. They just now this year started proving pumps but they STILL don't cover preventative care. I get a nice bill every year when I go for my yearly ob/gyn visit. I hate my insurance company. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 7

On 9/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Smee said:

Jessa was so much more sensitive to Lauren when she was the one having a baby (Ivy) around the time Lauren would have been due. Joy has what, 5? Nieces coming within a few weeks of when Annabell was expected to arrive, and is unlikely to be pregnant again by her due date like Lauren was. And poor Joy has to go along to all these baby showers and see cake for an early miscarriage that got a name and gender assigned, a month or two after she sat in a hospital bed and held the body of her daughter.

Miscarriages are tragic and it’s sad that Lauren and Josiah had that loss, but ffs there comes a time when you have to start acting with some compassion for others again.

I feel like Lauren is setting herself up to be ostracized within the Duggar family. Jessa did go to lengths to be respectful of Lauren when Ivy was born and Lauren won't even think of Joy's feelings in a (imo) more tragic situation. I can't imagine Michelle, Jessa, Jill and Joy not taking notice of that, especially since Lauren revels in her childish selfishness. I don't see her getting better after the baby is born, I feel like she'll have sort of crisis upon realizing that this child is not like her quiet perfect baby Asa. Lauren is literally performing delusion at this point - she really does think she's a parent and she seems to exist in an entirely separate world where her experiences are the only ones that matter so this baby being different from Asa is not going to go over well.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Unfortunately, that's not the case. When I was pregnant four years ago, I contacted my insurance carrier about getting a breast pump. They said "we are a grandfathered company so we are exempt from most of the ACA requirements. " I was dumbfounded. They just now this year started proving pumps but they STILL don't cover preventative care. I get a nice bill every year when I go for my yearly ob/gyn visit. I hate my insurance company. 

Are you sure that's really legit?  I've had insurance companies straight up lie to me in order to not pay for things before, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's going on here too. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I am with @lumpentheologie Im not sure that sounds legal anymore after Obama (I think) ruled it a requirement. I would definitely check into that! I'm sorry that's the case for you though! I've not heard of anyone having issues getting one through insurance before.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic