IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

And lets not forget all the attention Lauren is getting with that cake. Its a reminder to everyone who attends about her loss. And meanwhile, there is poor Joy. 

I wouldn't put it past Lauren to have that cake for the drama and the attention. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

And lets not forget all the attention Lauren is getting with that cake. Its a reminder to everyone who attends about her loss. And meanwhile, there is poor Joy. 

I wouldn't put it past Lauren to have that cake for the drama and the attention. 

There really is zero regard for Joy at all. I don’t care how young, immature or inexperienced one is, how could you not think this through? I know they are black and white, binary thinkers, but would they really consider an early loss the same as a stillborn? Do they never put the shoe on the other foot and think what it would be like to be in another’s, in this case Joy’s, shoes?

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 9

2 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I think Lauren's parents need to step in and encourage her to get help (if they haven't already). This is not normal or healthy. 

Again, they won't unless maybe they can get her to talk to a pastor. 

• Upvote 1

I Commented on her insta about getting help (real help, not Jesus help)

and maybe ya know having some understanding to Joy and her situation.. She deleted all the comments.. so... obviously they dont give 2 shits about Joy

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 4

4 minutes ago, mastercleaner said:

I Commented on her insta about getting help (real help, not Jesus help)

and maybe ya know having some understanding to Joy and her situation.. She deleted all the comments.. so... obviously they dont give 2 shits about Joy

How terribly sad. Lauren is either a nut or a very cold calculating drama queen. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

Wow just heartless of Lauren. She definitely my most disliked duggar in law. Congrats Lauren, you're worse than Anna

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

Wow just heartless of Lauren. She definitely my most disliked duggar in law. Congrats Lauren, you're worse than Anna

At least Anna doesn't go on ad nauseum about her miscarried child. 

14 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

I mean, it’s not a pregnancy-loss competition...but Joy had to deliver her 20 week old stillborn daughter.

Lauren, stfu already.

while the loss of any pregnancy is difficult, that had to have been one of the hardest things ever. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Josiah knew what was happening and either did not care or approved. He should have had more care about his own sister honestly and He is half to blame for issue. Let’s keep that in mind.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Josiah knew what was happening and either did not care or approved. He should have had more care about his own sister honestly and He is half to blame for issue. Let’s keep that in mind.

I wonder if he just retreats and lets her have her way. It might be easier to let her have her way than having her whine, complain etc... (and she strikes me as one who would). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Again, they won't unless maybe they can get her to talk to a pastor. 

I know they won't (most likely) but imo they SHOULD.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think the picture should be attached in this instance for people who don't want to view her instagram. Also notice that the baker of the cakes commented. Sounds like Lauren ordered them, in that case. WTAF Seriously...her parents or Josiah or SOMEONE needs to get her in real honest-to-god counseling because this is NOT NORMAL. 

1144267712_ScreenShot2019-09-20at2_11_09PM.thumb.png.61595dd0662e0119a67e4a2dfeb15048.png

To compare, Erin Bates Paine had 3 miscarriages before Carson, including one late enough to require a D&C, and at her baby shower her mom gave her three white balloons to release. Touching, but not personifying “first second and third born children” who would always be more godly than poor Carson/Brooklyn/Everly/Hollandcould ever hope to be.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 28
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

9 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I know they won't (most likely) but imo they SHOULD.

No argument here. 

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I think the picture should be attached in this instance for people who don't want to view her instagram. Also notice that the baker of the cakes commented. Sounds like Lauren ordered them, in that case. WTAF Seriously...her parents or Josiah or SOMEONE needs to get her in real honest-to-god counseling because this is NOT NORMAL. 

1144267712_ScreenShot2019-09-20at2_11_09PM.thumb.png.61595dd0662e0119a67e4a2dfeb15048.png

Again, that poor baby...... With this family, the firstborn at least has some special time with their parents when they are the only one. To be that special first child..... This little girl already has a built in older brother! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

Hold up. Lauren did an 11 things about me on 9/11???? That level of self focus coupled with all this LOOK AT ME around Mary's death and Joy's loss- and now this. Homegirl really needs some help, STAT.

• Upvote 21
  • WTF 8
  • I Agree 2

Given how this cult acts, I wouldn't be surprised if she's being encouraged in all of this by a lot of the adults (I know she's 20. but honestly, she's still very much a child) around her. 

They really like to outdo each other when it comes to martyrdom and pro-life crap. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I found Lauren to be disturbing right from the wedding.  There’s something wrong with that girl.  Phoney, vapid, not too bright, selfish and annoying all at the same time.  And a big attention whore.  Other than that she’s a nice girl. IMO.   But she’s young and might improve.  

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
Added a thing
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

I’m still thinking about this situation. I wonder why no one else stepped in, even the baker who seems to know the family, and gently expressed to Lauren that baby or special mom’s cake could be made, but left unadorned, or if adorned with said miscarriage’s assigned gender and name, perhaps enjoyed with daddy at home, and not presented at the party where Joy who experienced a more recent loss, would be in attendance. Now maybe the entire group had a BD party with decorated cake for baby Annabelle too. If so, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Today I’m rather PO’d. I just found out a friend and former Co-worker who was dx’d with CA a couple of month’s ago passed away during surgery. 65 years old, 3 early 30’s young adults and a grieving husband. Cancer sucks.

• Sad 9
  • Love 16

I kind of wonder how Josiah feels about her now... does he feel like omg I'm trapped forever with this person I didn't know well enough.  He's probably hoping that she'll go back to being normal once she has the baby.

• Upvote 10

44 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Given how this cult acts, I wouldn't be surprised if she's being encouraged in all of this by a lot of the adults (I know she's 20. but honestly, she's still very much a child) around her. 

They really like to outdo each other when it comes to martyrdom and pro-life crap. 

I don’t know if they’re actively encouraging her behavior, but they obviously don’t seem concerned about it.  I agree, it plays into their pro-life narrative, and the Duggars are attention whores themselves, so they’re not going to tell her to stop.  They literally don’t realize this isn’t normal.  And I doubt Dwain will step in and try to help Lauren...she will have two families fail her and Josiah.

I fear for their daughter’s safety. Lauren obviously needs help, but she’s not going to get it.  What if she gets worse when the baby is born?  

• Upvote 11

I 100% feel terrible for Lauren and her loss. She won't get over that, and that's fine no one should expect her too.

But at nearly a year out I'm comfortable saying that while I feel for her and her loss it's not an excuse for shitty behavior like making your baby shower attended by your sister in law who recently had a still birth about your very early term loss. Is a pretty shitty thing to do. 

I'll even spread the culpability and say that her mom shouod have had the good sense to talk this through with her and think of a more sensitive way to honor Asa. The cake doesn't honor her loss or Asa it makes it feel like she's celebrating it. And that strikes me as strange and shitty given Joy qnd Anna's losses. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic