Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Georgiana

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Recommended Posts

VelociRapture
52 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

There are new photos on their Instagram and you can see that Lauren is showing. The only one for whom you couldn't really tell seems to be Kendra. Bodies are so different, it's fascinating. I'm 5 months along (due mid October) and we are joking that I'm carrying the child in my boobs. My bump still looks like overeating.

 

  Hide contents

20190529_141318_HDR~4.jpg

 

Meanwhile, I’m 15 weeks today and look like I’m either pregnant or fat. 😂

It depends a lot on what I’m wearing and what I’ve eaten lately. This is my second (and last!) though, so that’s definitely playing a role. I didn’t really start showing with my daughter until around this point, whereas this time I’ve had some sort of bump since the first trimester. That’s even considering that my uterus is tipped backwards naturally and the placenta is anterior this time, both of which can cause you to show later on. Pregnancy is weird. Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sad
FundieCentral
Posted (edited)

I always look like I’m around 4 months along even after I’ve eaten a large amount of food. Not just saying that, it’s actually true. Somehow my stomach seems to expand mostly into my lower abdomen. I’m pretty sure that once I’m pregnant I will have a really hard time with morning sickness and eating enough as the space in the general area becomes constrained. I bet I’ll show quite early as well. It’s probably just an anatomical quirk as my shoulders/breastbone are quite wide but I’m rather narrow in the waist and have a short mid-section. What can you do 🤷‍♀️

Edited by FundieCentral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ihaveanexamintwodays
3 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Lauren posted new pictures of her bump. I do actually see a bump, not just arched back. She must be early shower. She’s 15-16 weeks? Kendra must be closer to 20 weeks and she’s hardly showing. I understand everyone shows differently, just an observation 

So a baby due on 11/1 is 17w6, due 11/30 is 13w5 today. So Anna just found out the sex of the baby and she's probably barely still 14-15 weeks. Kendra's due first of the four, but she can't possibly be more than 18 weeks. Lauren could be around 15 weeks, her "Easter" pic she was definitely arching herself a bump but now she's legit showing a decent bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
front hugs > duggs
3 hours ago, zcccrv said:

There are new photos on their Instagram and you can see that Lauren is showing. The only one for whom you couldn't really tell seems to be Kendra. Bodies are so different, it's fascinating. I'm 5 months along (due mid October) and we are joking that I'm carrying the child in my boobs. My bump still looks like overeating.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

20190529_141318_HDR~4.jpg

 

I opened the spoiler box expecting to see pictures of Lauren. That is NOT Lauren !!! :pb_lol:

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seculardaisy

I would personally hate sharing a due date month with that many of my sisters-in-law, I know subconsciously so many people (family or friends) would be constantly comparing our bumps. It’s inevitable. It would make me very self conscious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freshlemonade
7 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I would personally hate sharing a due date month with that many of my sisters-in-law, I know subconsciously so many people (family or friends) would be constantly comparing our bumps. It’s inevitable. It would make me very self conscious.

Agreed.  Reminds me of The Office episode where Angela calls herself and Pam "Little Pregs" and "Big Pregs".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zcccrv
22 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I opened the spoiler box expecting to see pictures of Lauren. That is NOT Lauren !!! :pb_lol:

Nope! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
Audrey2
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy........now I'm gonna wonder if 2 of them will be in labour at the same time.......TLC would just eat that up, with family members trying to decide where to go first. Or if they'd then labour/give birth in the same hospital room? Fun fun fun.

Erin Bates Paine and Alyssa Bates Webster delivered their third babies within a day or two of each other. Two in labor at the same time would definitely be a possibility.

Edited by Audrey2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

Carolina and Cassidy Bontrager delivered 6 hours apart from each other.

I definitely could see that happening with the Duggars

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kayleigh83

Two people I knew gave birth in the same hospital within the same 24 hr or so period, but I *think* their kids ended up with different birthdays. But they labored at the same time, and knew each other and that the other was in the same hospital too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luv2laugh
Posted (edited)

I can’t pinpoint what makes me feel that Lauren is an insufferable pregnant woman.

Perhaps it’s how she’s very strategic about turning her miscarriage into pro-life propaganda instead of a personal loss or the way she obnoxiously cups her tiny belly.

If I eat Taco Bell, arch my back, and tie a red belt around a flowy dress, I’ll be 4 months pregnant too.

I sense that Lauren isn’t happy-go-lucky having babies like Joy, Jessa, and Kendra. Like Michelle, I think Lauren is strategic and calculating about becoming Quiverfull.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 10
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TZmom
9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I sense that Lauren isn’t happy-go-lucky having babies like Joy, Jessa, and Kendra. Like Michelle, I think Lauren is strategic and calculating about becoming Quiverfull.

I think Lauren is strategic and calculating about everything. She doesn't behave naturally in any situation that I've seen; she always needs to think about a reaction before she reacts. Everything she does is to exhibit what she thinks is expected of the perfect fundie wife.

That's why I find her so her irritating. She's so bland and devoid of personality.

  • Upvote 29
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nst
48 minutes ago, TZmom said:

I think Lauren is strategic and calculating about everything. She doesn't behave naturally in any situation that I've seen; she always needs to think about a reaction before she reacts. Everything she does is to exhibit what she thinks is expected of the perfect fundie wife.

That's why I find her so her irritating. She's so bland and devoid of personality.

yes a 1000% of all this. She was trained for this and she was trained specifically for Josiah I think because they match each other. 

She is anna and michelle entwined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheMustardCardigan

If I were to get pregnant I think I would show similarly to Joy. I’m a short woman with a short torso. 

I could see how non-Duggars might be concerned of comparison if they were pregnant at the same time as a few family members or friends and worried about being “too big.” But the Duggars wear a “showing” pregnancy like a badge of honor, to the point that they try to force it to show by arching their back, etc. long before it is really time. If anything I wonder if Kendra wishes she was showing as much as the others! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lumpentheologie
21 hours ago, zcccrv said:

There are new photos on their Instagram and you can see that Lauren is showing. The only one for whom you couldn't really tell seems to be Kendra. Bodies are so different, it's fascinating. I'm 5 months along (due mid October) and we are joking that I'm carrying the child in my boobs. My bump still looks like overeating.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

20190529_141318_HDR~4.jpg

 

I don't think it even looks like overeating!  I'm not pregnant and would be thrilled to have that flat of a stomach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casserole
11 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Two people I knew gave birth in the same hospital within the same 24 hr or so period, but I *think* their kids ended up with different birthdays. But they labored at the same time, and knew each other and that the other was in the same hospital too.

My mom and one of her childhood best friends went into labor together at the same hospital. The friend's daughter and I ended up being enough hours apart that we each got out own birthdays, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn
12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I can’t pinpoint what makes me feel that Lauren is an insufferable pregnant woman.

Perhaps it’s how she’s very strategic about turning her miscarriage into pro-life propaganda instead of a personal loss or the way she obnoxiously cups her tiny belly.

If I eat Taco Bell, arch my back, and tie a red belt around a flowy dress, I’ll be 4 months pregnant too.

I sense that Lauren isn’t happy-go-lucky having babies like Joy, Jessa, and Kendra. Like Michelle, I think Lauren is strategic and calculating about becoming Quiverfull.

She's probably only going to get worse with the pro life stuff too. I imagine something big when she hits what would've been her baby's due date (Which is probably still a ways off, right? Didn't she have a very early miscarriage?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustEnough
33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She's probably only going to get worse with the pro life stuff too. I imagine something big when she hits what would've been her baby's due date (Which is probably still a ways off, right? Didn't she have a very early miscarriage?) 

She was due the same day as Jessa which was June 6th I believe Jessa said. So this coming week will be Lauren's original due date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaMia02

I'm very curious to see when they have their next child if they will refer to it as baby 2 or 3. I have a family friends who have experienced stillbirths and infant loss and they count those in their total child numbers but not miscarriages other than I've been have 2 children and been pregnant 3 times for example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chewing Gum
2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She's probably only going to get worse with the pro life stuff too. I imagine something big when she hits what would've been her baby's due date (Which is probably still a ways off, right? Didn't she have a very early miscarriage?) 

Totally agree, she'll post something June 6th regarding her miscarriage. Which I understand completely, I do the same with my first one who would been 2yo March 27th. I just hope they'll leave the politics out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
6 hours ago, MamaMia02 said:

I'm very curious to see when they have their next child if they will refer to it as baby 2 or 3. I have a family friends who have experienced stillbirths and infant loss and they count those in their total child numbers but not miscarriages other than I've been have 2 children and been pregnant 3 times for example 

I want to hug that family. Miscarriages, stillbirths and infant loss. That sounds like way, way to much for just one family to handle. Hope they are coping and are happy now. :hug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

I want to hug that family. Miscarriages, stillbirths and infant loss. That sounds like way, way to much for just one family to handle. Hope they are coping and are happy now. :hug:

My friend who had a stillborn baby at 41 weeks will say she has 2 children on earth and 1 in heaven. She won't always tell people what happened to the 3rd child, and to their credit no one has asked her directly. I did have one woman ask me if I knew what happened and I told her I did, but wasn't comfortable sharing if my friend wasn't and she left it at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nst

there is a movie called return to zero with minnie driver all about this

it's triggering

i won't put the link up  - but it's on you tube

I love this movie because it's so profound but again it's triggering 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sullie06

My sister and I were due 10 days apart with our sons and my Mom was terrified that we would go into labor at the same time because we were delivering at different hospitals and she was all worried about what she would do because wanted to be there for both of us. Luckily our sons ended up being 18 days apart. Both of us went late, me one week and my sister by two weeks so there was plenty of time for Mom to get her shit together :laughing-rolling:

My sister-in-law and I are 25 hours apart, it's crazy to think we could have been in the same nursery together had my parents been living here at the time I was born. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlanticTug

I don't think it's that big of a deal in this instance. The only Duggar daughter who is due in November is Joy, and frankly it doesn't strike me as if she's particularly close to Michelle in the first place. The others will want their own mothers there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.