IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

Four babies in one month. That’s truly something. Michelle is never going to know which grandkid to pick as a favorite. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

me too

It's really interesting to see the stages with everyone due in Nov. Kendra isn't really showing at all (on #2) where Lauren is and is only on #1

I think Lauren is only showing because of her hand placement.

• I Agree 12

If I didn’t know the Duggars and you’d told me two of the girls in that pic were biological sisters and the others weren’t, I’m not sure I’d be able to pick out the right two. Joy looks quite different to the older girls to me.

Anna is obsessed with her group pregnancy shots. I bet she’s hoping Abbie, Jinger and Jill all get pregnant before November just so she can get a pic.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

It wild and a little frightening to think in 10 years we very well may get a photo with Jennifer, Johanna, Jordyn,  Josie and Mack all pregnant at once with Anna just delivered again taking the photos. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 6
  • Rufus Bless 5

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It wild and a little frightening to think in 10 years we very well may get a photo with Jennifer, Johanna, Jordyn,  Josie and Mack all pregnant at once with Anna just delivered again taking the photos. 

What’s really frightening is that none of the young women currently spawning will be too old to still be spawning in 10 years.  There could be a dozen or more Duggar daughters or daughters-in-law pregnant at once.  They will have a challenge to get all the women and bellies in one photo....

• Upvote 12

I don't hate the group pregnancy photos ?Sure, they're weird, and I hope to God everyone is procreating responsibly (doubt it), but much like comparing appearances between 19 siblings, it's just sort of neat to have the opportunity to see so many pregnancies at once, you know? This is particularly interesting between bio sisters, for me at least. 

I especially think it's neat that four of those women are due in the same month and they seem to be showing quite differently. It's a good reminder to those in the community inclined to pregnancy speculate based on people's bodies (great discussion on this, above).

This makes me wish that that the Duggar "November moms" would read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants together (the group of friends in that story formed based on their mothers' birth month), but that book contains such horrors as premarital sex, thinking for yourself, non-white cultures, and women wearing pants.

• Upvote 26

On 5/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

[...]Men don't "neglect childbirthing", they don't have that responsibility in the first pace. Responsibility to the person who is birthing their child - yes.  Responsibility to the child they're both "expecting" - yes. Give credit where credit's due. 

Misapplying terms that have actual, concrete definitions is a problem regardless of whatever "jargon" you're considering - whether it's "pregnant" or "pedophile" (another one commonly seen on certain FJ threads...). 

While I respect your perspective on the necessity of looking at this term from the clinical definition, pregnancy is not solely a physiological experience. Biologically, the concept of pregnancy involves the combinated materials of two biological organisms as it pertains to humans and other mammals. But this is only if we are still being technical.

Yes, cis women should be revered for the actual physiological experience. Is it incorrect for a couple to acknowledge pregnancy as the total journey that they both are emotionally, financially, spiritually (if that's their thing) and socially responsible? 

That is a rhetorical question. I appreciate you helping me to strip this topic down to the core in efforts to see a different perspective.

Edited by TatiFish9
Not buts
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

While I respect your perspective on the necessity of looking at this term from the clinical definition, pregnancy is not solely a physiological experience. Biologically, the concept of pregnancy involves the combinated materials of two biological organisms as it pertains to humans and other mammals. But this is only if we are still being technical.

Yes, cis women should be revered for the actual physiological experience, but is it incorrect for a couple to acknowledge pregnancy as the total journey that they both are emotionally, financially, spiritually (if that's their thing) and socially responsible? 

That is a rhetorical question. I appreciate you helping me to strip this topic down to the core in efforts to see a different perspective.

ok conception requires the combined genetic material of two organisms, if we're getting realllll technical and biological - a lot of sexual reproduction doesn't even involve both actual parent organisms. Heck, an anonymous sperm donor to a single mother is involved in conception but not pregnancy. I'd say in humans, "being pregnant" and the experience of a pregnancy are different things. If a man, in person, standing next to his wife and her baby-bump, said "I'm pregnant" I would laugh in his face. Therefore, I see no reason a dad-to-be should "we're pregnant" and not also sound like an idiot. (grammar ftw). We're expecting, sure. We're going to be parents, sure. We're having a hard time during this phase in our lives, sure. My wife is loving her pregnancy but I'm having a hard time with it, sure.

Let's move away from "technical" and back to the ideological problems with the fundie perspective on the world. We talk ALL THE TIME about Duggars/etc and their fucked up pro-birth ideas about the pro-life stance. If ultimately it's a woman's say to her body and whether she decides to keep/abort her pregnancy and how she wants to eat/sleep/act/etc towards her pregnancy because ultimately her first responsibility is her own life..... a MAN HAS NO RIGHT TO THOSE THINGS. that's a HUGE point of autonomy. Especially all the fundie baby-daddies who already claim ownership of every other part of their wife....

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Oh boy oh boy oh boy........now I'm gonna wonder if 2 of them will be in labour at the same time.......TLC would just eat that up, with family members trying to decide where to go first. Or if they'd then labour/give birth in the same hospital room? Fun fun fun.

• Upvote 5

Plenty of physiological occurances have a profound effect on both partners- emotional, financial, etc. yet you will not often hear: "we are having a tumor checked out" or "our blood pressure is way too high".

• Upvote 18

5 hours ago, Thorns said:

....that is... Rather high odds that one of the kiddos will share a birthday with me. 

There are very high odds that one or several of them will spawn on my fourth anniversary, my sister’s fifth anniversary, or my due date - which, coincidentally, is my sister’s anniversary. Go big or go home on anniversary gifts, amirite?! ?

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

Plenty of physiological occurances have a profound effect on both partners- emotional, financial, etc. yet you will not often hear: "we are having a tumor checked out" or "our blood pressure is way too high".

I’m pretty sure my husband would have taken issue with me saying “we’re having a vasectomy”. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 35
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

Yes, cis women should be revered for the actual physiological experience. Is it incorrect for a couple to acknowledge pregnancy as the total journey that they both are emotionally, financially, spiritually (if that's their thing) and socially responsible? 

I’m not getting involved other than to point out it’s not just cis women who can become pregnant. Transgender men can as well. I think it’s important to acknowledge that, especially given the amount of hatred and ugliness that’s being directed towards the Transgender community in the US right now. 

(I know this was implied by your use of “cis women,” but I just think it’s important to state it blatantly right now too.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

#1 Group Bump Photo hater here. Seeing these (progressively younger and younger) women lined up like livestock at the county fair drives me to drink!

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1

Regarding everyone being due in November, actually, it's entirely possible that we don't see four new November babies. It's totally feasible for, say, Kendra to give birth in October or Anna in December.

• Upvote 14

I’m guessing this bump photo including Jessa is all they managed to get before she went into labor. Most of the girls aren’t event stretching the fabric of their dress around their bump and cradling it in their hands— how do we know for sure they’re even pregnant?! ?

But seriously, I thought when they said “photo shoot” they were going to hire a photographer and take pictures in a field or something. We might still see that with the other girls but I think Jessa gave birth too early and didn’t make the cut. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I especially think it's neat that four of those women are due in the same month and they seem to be showing quite differently. It's a good reminder to those in the community inclined to pregnancy speculate based on people's bodies (great discussion on this, above).

To quote Priscilla OfPecanThief: yaaaaaaaaaaasssssss

can we not have the whole discussion on ‘omg she looks huge, she’s not looking after herself and probably has gestational diabetes’ for the millionth time, please? 

• Upvote 14

Since the caption says "first group picture" I believe there is at least another one. Maybe take later when they are showing a little bit more, and do by a photographer?

• Upvote 2

Lauren looks like she's trying hard to arch into a bump in that photo. I'm throwing it out there now, if this baby is a girl I bet she gets named Milagro. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Smee said:

If I didn’t know the Duggars and you’d told me two of the girls in that pic were biological sisters and the others weren’t, I’m not sure I’d be able to pick out the right two. Joy looks quite different to the older girls to me.

Anna is obsessed with her group pregnancy shots. I bet she’s hoping Abbie, Jinger and Jill all get pregnant before November just so she can get a pic.

Anna is turning lauren into the next minime. 

these two 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Lauren looks like she's trying hard to arch into a bump in that photo. I'm throwing it out there now, if this baby is a girl I bet she gets named Milagro. 

spoken like a girl who watches the x-files :D

13 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

#1 Group Bump Photo hater here. Seeing these (progressively younger and younger) women lined up like livestock at the county fair drives me to drink!

and this is why the whole thing is becoming too much 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Lauren posted new pictures of her bump. I do actually see a bump, not just arched back. She must be early shower. She’s 15-16 weeks? Kendra must be closer to 20 weeks and she’s hardly showing. I understand everyone shows differently, just an observation 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

ultimately it's a woman's say to her body and whether she decides to keep/abort her pregnancy and how she wants to eat/sleep/act/etc towards her pregnancy because ultimately her first responsibility is her own life..... a MAN HAS NO RIGHT TO THOSE THINGS.

I think you make a good point. If we allow cis men to have a co-equal experience of pregnancy that undermines the argument that pregnancy is a part of the woman's body, and therefore her choice what to do about it. Personally, I've always found the phrase "we are pregnant" kind of jarring and odd to hear. "We're expecting" makes much more sense to me. Now that I'm going through fertility treatments I've definitely doubled down on the fact that this experience is happening to my body and not his. But ultimately that's only my experience, and if someone else wants to describe it in terms of something they're going through together with their partner, then I respect that too. It's totally possible to both feel that way and also be pro-choice.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Lauren posted new pictures of her bump. I do actually see a bump, not just arched back. She must be early shower. She’s 15-16 weeks? Kendra must be closer to 20 weeks and she’s hardly showing. I understand everyone shows differently, just an observation 

Well, the pictures we’ve seen of Kendra were taken a little while ago (The 5 bump from Easter and the pictures from Big Sandy were early May), so she could be showing more now. But she was quite small her last pregnancy so it’s no surprise if she isn’t showing much this time around either. 

Edited by VBOY9977

There are new photos on their Instagram and you can see that Lauren is showing. The only one for whom you couldn't really tell seems to be Kendra. Bodies are so different, it's fascinating. I'm 5 months along (due mid October) and we are joking that I'm carrying the child in my boobs. My bump still looks like overeating.

Spoiler

20190529_141318_HDR~4.jpg

Edited by zcccrv
Everybody reported on new photos before me, sorry
  • Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic