IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

On 9/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I feel for Lauren, but I think she might need professional counseling.  I'm not talking about going to her pastor but seeing a real, honest-to-goodness counselor.  I don't even think that Michelle went this far when talking about Caleb.  A lot of the fundie mothers name their babies lost in miscarriage and have funeral services.  They should do what is right for them, but I don't think most of these moms continue to celebrate or constantly make reference to a lost child. 

I do worry about Josiah and Lauren's future children.  It's going to get confusing for them.  I don't have kids, so I probably shouldn't speak on this, but I'm not sure how I would have felt if my mother kept bringing up a lost sibling during celebrations, holidays, etc.  There's probably a good age-appropriate time for Lauren and Josiah to explain to their other kids, but I don't know?

I have a lost sibling. My older sister, who was my parents first child, passed away at two days old. They later went on to have me, two years later, and my sister and brother after that. I didn't even know I had an older sister or that my parents had lost a child until I was a teenager. It was not something that they openly talked about and they did not tell us until we were old enough to understand and process what they were telling us. I would have found it very weird and heartbreaking if every celebration I had in life included an acknowledgement of Carolyn. I know everyone grieves differently but this seems very unhealthy for Lauren and completely unfair for their unborn child. I could not have imagined living in the shadow of my deceased older sister. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m still betting her name will be Mercy Milagro. 

If Lauren were Indonesian, she could name her girl Pelangi. It means rainbow but it’s an actual, normal name and not an odd tribute to a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 9

My parents lost a baby between my brother and I, but I didn’t know about it until I was a teenager. Mum’s exact words were: “it was devastating at the time, but your brother wouldn’t be here if it didn’t happen so our hearts healed when he arrived safely”.

Clearly there was a lot of grief, but my parents were overjoyed and grateful to have my brother after their loss.

I think it was the perfect way to acknowledge the sibling between us.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 21

Carry on here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic