IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

6 hours ago, Charliemae said:

Is there any evidence anywhere at all that this picture shows the cake reveal?   I have very strong doubts that's what that's a picture of.  I think it's silly to overanalyze facial expressions in snapshots anyways, but I don't even think this picture is of the moment people are claiming. 

I have no clue. Another member said that such a photo existed, then another asked where it could be found so I provided the link since I knew which one it was based on the description. 

• Thank You 2

All I can say is it looks like Lauren seriously got on Jessa's bad side. That isn't going to go over well. I don't think Joy and Jessa are that close but there's that whole sister thing...I see it with my kids...they're not buddy-buddy with each other but God help anyone from the outside fuck with one of them. You get the other two and wish like hell you'd never laid eyes on the one. I can see that happening here. Lauren acted like a total bitch, Joy is still dealing w/losing Annabell and then this. Jessa was shooting laserbeams with her eyes and I'd pay big bucks to see the epic ass chewing to come. I can't see Jessa shutting up about this one. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, fundieundies said:

I feel like Lauren is setting herself up to be ostracized within the Duggar family. Jessa did go to lengths to be respectful of Lauren when Ivy was born and Lauren won't even think of Joy's feelings in a (imo) more tragic situation. I can't imagine Michelle, Jessa, Jill and Joy not taking notice of that, especially since Lauren revels in her childish selfishness. I don't see her getting better after the baby is born, I feel like she'll have sort of crisis upon realizing that this child is not like her quiet perfect baby Asa. Lauren is literally performing delusion at this point - she really does think she's a parent and she seems to exist in an entirely separate world where her experiences are the only ones that matter so this baby being different from Asa is not going to go over well.

You have to wonder what Michelle was thinking, since she knows more than the rest of them about the grief Joy is enduring. I don’t see Lauren willing to bend on this at all though and MIL’s are usually treading carefully anyway. 

I did experience a couple of situations where family members with new babies were insensitive to our full term loss. The worst one I actually ran past a few people because I thought maybe I was just going crazy. They reassured me that the offender was very wrong, but in the end we said nothing. It was too emotionally exhausting and I knew there was the chance I would just come across as jealous/bitter. I am now extremely protective of grieving parents, which is why this shower is making me rage a little  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 27

I have made a litorale search on insta  and the photo is on at least a couple of fans account with other photos from the showe that was posted by Lauren, that are all wearing the same clothes and there is the same people in all the photos so I will call it legit in the meaning that is actually from the shower but we don't know when in the day, it could very well be from another activity or something 

I have no idea what they do in those party except for those stupid games about changing a baby doll blindfold ecc

• Upvote 4

I’m sure if confronted, though, Lauren would genuinely not understand her misstep. They preach so hard about life beginning at conception, that to Lauren, she lost a child just as much as Joy did. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Even if Lauren truly believes life begins at conception, their is still such a thing as tact, she knows that Joy lost Annabell recently and that her mother in law and another sister in law have had miscarriages too and may not want reminded of it. She could have still had a cake for Asa but maybe just a plain one or had a balloon for Asa but doing it in such an in your face way was horrible. 

I was round at my best friends house a week after my sister had miscarried her twins and her cousin came to visit with his newborn son and he knowing my sister and hearing what had happened said that he was sorry to for what happened and hoped that seeing a baby wasn't upsetting for me and to pass on his condolences to my sister and her then partner. I always thought it was nice of him to ask if I was ok, I was but it was still nice of him to consider that seeing a newborn to people who have suffered a loss or have had family members suffer a loss or are trying for a baby can be triggering to them.

Lauren didn't consider that and at this point, the she's young and nieve is not enough. Kendra isn't much older than her and she isn't attention seeking online. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

@Charliemae I believe I was the first one to post about this picture and specifically stated that it was rumored to be a photo of the cake unveiling bc I haven't seen any evidence one way or another. I just saw that photo being discussed on other sites as such.

• Thank You 1

It is interesting to me that it's pretty universal so far that the Asa cake was a bad move.  I cant remember many (if any) times on FJ that at least someone didn't defend the offending party.  I guess the furthest I can go is to say that I pity her.

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I have no idea what they do in those party except for those stupid games about changing a baby doll blindfold ecc

I do wonder how some of these people feel going to so many baby showers. I mean, after a few dozen, it must get old to be a guest and play the same games over and over.  Plus, they have wedding showers, too. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Wow...just catching up on this thread. I still thought it was strange for Chad and Erin Paine to have a bday cake for Gothard at THEIR reception. Assuming Lauren knew about this shower. If not, then the persons who  planned the shower are to blame. Someone did not think this thru properly. I feel sorry for Lauren and Joy. They probably won't allow therapy to be an option to help them cope.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It is interesting to me that it's pretty universal so far that the Asa cake was a bad move.  I cant remember many (if any) times on FJ that at least someone didn't defend the offending party.  I guess the furthest I can go is to say that I pity her.

I do wonder how some of these people feel going to so many baby showers. I mean, after a few dozen, it must get old to be a guest and play the same games over and over.  Plus, they have wedding showers, too. 

I have 12 nieces and nephews between the ages of 37 and 21 + by own son and daughter, and all but 5 of them are married and reproducing like mad. We are not fundies, but Catholic. When the families started to have sprinkles for 2nd and 3rd babies, I politely opted out. I send a gift, but no longer attend parties where I sometimes have to travel 4 hours RT to put in an appearance. Between all the bridal showers, weddings and babies, I am out! 

• Upvote 11

A good 80% of my high school graduating class is married and pez dispensing kids. I've received so many baby shower invites. I only had one class with you senior year! Wtf!

Last baby shower I went to a few months ago. It felt like a high school reunion. Except everyone was asking me when it was my turn. First of all, we graduated 5 years ago relax.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have 12 nieces and nephews between the ages of 37 and 21 + by own son and daughter, and all but 5 of them are married and reproducing like mad. We are not fundies, but Catholic. When the families started to have sprinkles for 2nd and 3rd babies, I politely opted out. I send a gift, but no longer attend parties where I sometimes have to travel 4 hours RT to put in an appearance. Between all the bridal showers, weddings and babies, I am out! 

I admit I’m like this on second and third baby showers. I’ve gone to them if it’s easy but I’m not traveling a long way for a third child baby shower. I hate baby showers. So I just send a gift. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Markie said:

I’m perplexed. How does one pronounce Asa? 

A (long A, like the letter) - Suh

At least that;s how the Asa I knew pronounced it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Between all the bridal showers, weddings and babies, I am out! 

But you probably have other things going on in your life as well. They don’t. Attending showers is pretty much their job. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

This Asa cake is fucked up. Poor Joy. I lost my daughter at the same point in pregnancy as she did and I still can’t go to baby showers.  I probably won’t ever go again.

As I sit here pumping in the middle of the night on my S2, I won’t snark on someone getting a quality breast pump. Despite breastfeeding both of my older daughters for well over two years, it didn’t work for this third baby. We dropped so much money on Lactation consultants and speech therapy and tongue tie releases. It just never worked. I And I was totally mentally unprepared for it to not work. I, did, however get my S2 from insurance before she was born because it was free and I could. I am so glad I did—I can’t imagine how stressful it would have been to deal with needing to get a pump on top of everything. 

I know some plans were grandfathered in, but I didn’t realize exemptions were still around. You might want to check with the medical supply companies rather than insurance directly. They have an incentive to sell their pumps through insurance and different companies offer different options for the same insurance plans. My insurance covered my Spectra through one but not another's other. 

• Love 20

While I think the cake is a bad idea we have absolutely no idea- 

-if Lauren wanted it or if it was gifted

-if she hosted her own shower or if someone else organised it (which might answer the first question)

-if the picture even shows a cake reveal (if so Lauren is clearly visible standing in the crowd so someone else revealed it)

That’s all speculation!

And while I have the deepest sympathies for Joy and Austin- Lauren has been going on about Asa online all the time. I cannot even imagine how it must be in real life. If she feels uncomfortable/hurt by her behaviour than she should have opted out because she knows how Lauren acts.

The whole Asa thing is bad (in terms of how she and Josiah deal with their loss and their new pregnancy) and it seems that no one has had the courage to give her a piece of mind. It’s worse because they seem to enable even support it. I hope this all comes to an end soon and she realises how insensitive she acted around Joy.

But honestly, all those girls being born this year- this situation will probably be a nightmare for Joy for years to come.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I'm calling it. The baby girl will be named Bethany or any other name starting with B. I hope the middle name would be a normal one and not "Bethany Rainbow" or "Bethany Rayofhope" but I won't be surprised if the name has a speshul meaning so everybody knows she is #2.

I totally see them using the ABCD theme. 

• Upvote 18

33 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

The whole Asa thing is bad (in terms of how she and Josiah deal with their loss and their new pregnancy) and it seems that no one has had the courage to give her a piece of mind. It’s worse because they seem to enable even support it. I hope this all comes to an end soon and she realises how insensitive she acted around Joy.

While I agree both the cake in particular and Lauren’s whole coping attempts in general don’t seem healthy, I think the families (her fam and her in-laws) “giving her a piece of their minds” isn’t a solution at all. And I say this while thinking that Lauren is an incredibly annoying person who I’d not like to encounter IRL. 

Firstly, Lauren needs an outlet for her emotions and grief. Asking/forcing her to suppress or not publicly show such feelings won’t help but just make things worse in the long run. What she should be advised to do is see a licensed therapist (no Christian woo pastor) so she not only has a safe space to talk but also medical support and can get better. 

Secondly, being aware that some of one’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are nonsense or over the top doesn’t necessarily make them go away. That’s why mental problems are so difficult. You can’t just say: “I know I’m overreacting, I now it’s time to let this go, I know I should already feel better” and immediately change. Someone telling Lauren she is in fact giving the topic too much attention won’t achieve to make her be better. She might feel shamed or misunderstood but she won’t become healthier as a result. 

Lauren needs to work through her pain with a therapist but unfortunately, she has married into a family that didn’t even support the victims of sexual molestation. I very much hope Lauren will feel better and focus on her baby once it’s born, but I’m not confident this will “just work itself out”. 

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I totally see them using the ABCD theme. 

Are you saying their naming theme shows they’ll limit their family size to 26 children only? ?

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

While I agree both the cake in particular and Lauren’s whole coping attempts in general don’t seem healthy, I think the families (her fam and her in-laws) “giving her a piece of their minds” isn’t a solution at all. And I say this while thinking that Lauren is an incredibly annoying person who is not like to encounter IRL. 

Firstly, Lauren needs an outlet for her emotions and grief. Asking/forcing her to suppress or not publicly show such feelings won’t help but just make things worse in the long run. What she should be advised to do is see a licensed therapist (no Christian woo pastor) so she not only has a safe space to talk but also medical support and can get better. 

Secondly, being aware that some of one’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are nonsense or over the top doesn’t necessarily make them go away. That’s why mental problems are so difficult. You can’t just say: “I know I’m overreacting, I now it’s time to let this go, I know I should already feel better” and immediately change. Someone telling Lauren she is in fact giving the topic too much attention won’t achieve to make her be better. She might feel shamed or misunderstood but she won’t become healthier as a result. 

Lauren needs to work through her pain with a therapist but unfortunately, she’s married into a family that didn’t even support the victims of sexual molestation. I very much hope Lauren will feel better and focus on her baby once it’s born, but I’m not confident this will “just work itself out”. 

Are you saying their naming theme shows they’ll limit their family size to 26 children only? ?

Oh I agree absolutely. I think her behaviour comes from a place of grieve and not because she just loves to be front and centre like other posters think. And if I am right she will probably never get real help.

But you can give someone a serious talk about to show compassion to someone else. Or to point out that this might have an unhealthy impact on her daughter. It’s not about patronising her grieve and how she deals with it but to ask her to make slight adjustments.

• Upvote 8

34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m still betting her name will be Mercy Milagro. 

God I hope so, because the first thing this calls to mind is a Kanye West lyric. 

ETA: Two different songs, actually. For those unenlightened in the ways of Ye:

"I fantasized about this back in Chicago
Mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago, 
That's me, the first year that I blow
How you say broke in SPANISH? Me no hablo" 

And the entirety of Lamborghini Mercy (Murcielago is a Lamborghini car) which is about Big Sean providing the mercy of his penis to abother man's very thirsty girlfriend. 

Milagro/Murcielago is a bit of a stretch but I'm just so amused by the thought of a Duggar naming their child something that makes me think of Kanye West before I think of Jesus. 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

God I hope so, because the first thing this calls to mind is a Kanye West lyric. 

ETA: Two different songs, actually. For those unenlightened in the ways of Ye:

"I fantasized about this back in Chicago
Mercy, mercy me, that Murcielago, 
That's me, the first year that I blow
How you say broke in SPANISH? Me no hablo" 

And the entirety of Lamborghini Mercy (Murcielago is a Lamborghini car) which is about Big Sean providing the mercy of his penis to abother man's very thirsty girlfriend. 

Milagro/Murcielago is a bit of a stretch but I'm just so amused by the thought of a Duggar naming their child something that makes me think of Kanye West before I think of Jesus. 

I only think it because Lauren’s middle name is Milagro and it translates to miracle. I can see her wanting to give her rainbow baby a name meaning god’s mercy and god’s miracle. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic