IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

37 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Did Josiah land a helicopter in his yard? https://www.4029tv.com/article/man-lands-helicopter-at-his-neighborhood-home-in-lowell/28724502 the r/duggarssnark reddit seems to think so.

I saw that as well (and put it on the main Duggar thread - wasn't sure where to talk about it).  Weird.  I wonder if Lauren was having some complications.  Or if Si just had to make a quick booty call and couldn't wait.

The name is not the worst name I've heard especially from fundie's but it's not one I'd ever consider. I wonder what names Kendra, Anna and Abbie will use. 

In case anyone else is skipping ahead but sees this by chance, Rhea Lana is the name of the consignment store Lauren was shopping at. It’s popular with the Duggars. It’s not what they’re naming their kid, unless they’ve decided to go with a ‘consignment stores’ naming theme.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 22
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

In case anyone else is skipping ahead but sees this by chance, Rhea Lana is the name of the consignment store Lauren was shopping at. It’s popular with the Duggars. It’s not what they’re naming their kid, unless they’ve decided to go with a ‘consignment stores’ naming theme.

BuyUsedSaveTheDifference Duggar

Goodwill Duggar

Salvation Army Duggar

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 30

Sally Anne Duggar

Valerie (Value) Village Duggar

I believe Renée is already a middle name for somebody in this family, but it could work for a consignment theme because it means reborn.

Triplets: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Duggar (unless it's paper plates we're talking about).

Repurpose Duggar, who purposes to buy used and save the difference.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

My mother had a miscarriage just before me. A traumatic second trimester one which was sudden and sounded very upsetting. But I knew nothing about it until my late teens when one of my older sisters was pregnant and it came up in conversation. And that’s exactly as it should have been. It had no relevance to my young life, and I was an anxious thinker as a kid and I wouldn’t have known what to do with that information. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I suppose St. Vincent de Paul Duggar is out for being far too Catholic...

Plato ('s Closet) Duggar

ThredUp Duggar

Craig('s List) Duggar

• Haha 15

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I suppose St. Vincent de Paul Duggar is out for being far too Catholic...

My mind went to Deseret Industries Duggar...

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

In Quebec secondhand stores are referred to as Friperies. Years ago after visiting Montreal, I was talking about the Friperies with some French Canadian guys at my work, and they mentioned that 'Fripe' (the word it's derived from) means crumple or wrinkle. They then started chuckling about the need to do 'repassage' (ironing), which is apparently slang for masturbation among French Canadian men.

Friperie Duggar who's not allowed to iron. How ironic.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2019 at 4:00 PM, Markie said:

I actually didn’t mind Lauren in the Instagram stories of her and Si shopping for the baby. She was excited to get a deal and happy and not preachy. 

Eh, I found it rather obnoxious but then again I find Lauren annoying in general. I'm all about a good deal but she's shopping for baby stuff, not a wedding dress. We don't need to see everything these people do. I'm convinced all the Duggars get some sort of kickback for promoting Rhea Lana. 

• Upvote 1

She posted an 11 things about her on their instagram. Pretty much what you'd expect but I was surprised to know she has her Associates Degree in Nursing. Did we know this? It's totally possible I missed it along the way.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JustEnough said:

She posted an 11 things about her on their instagram. Pretty much what you'd expect but I was surprised to know she has her Associates Degree in Nursing. Did we know this? It's totally possible I missed it along the way.

Yes, there was a TLC webisode with her and Lilly talking about their studies at Georgia Military College (yes, it's accredited).  However, she has an AS in *pre-nursing*.  Basically, she completed the prereqs for entry into a nursing program...she's not a nurse in any way, shape or form.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, there was a TLC webisode with her and Lilly talking about their studies at Georgia Military College (yes, it's accredited).  However, she has an AS in *pre-nursing*.  Basically, she completed the prereqs for entry into a nursing program...she's not a nurse in any way, shape or form.  

Eh...She's a fundie. To them, it's about the same thing. Remember Jana, the concert pianist?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

I think in the same episode she talked about how she really didn't like school and it wasn't her thing at all. I think she has exactly what she wants right now. And there was some weird scene with maybe visiting an old instructor? The whole episode seemed very strange. Like let's follow Lauren around campus while she talks about how she really didn't enjoy school and it didn't interest her.

Lilly though talked about how she really enjoyed school (and maybe wanted to do a masters degree?) I know I'm hoping against all hope but I hope she has the opportunity to go as far with her education as she wants to. At the very least it's promising that at 16/17 she still saw it as an option.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

What...a degree in pre-something? Isn’t that called a HS diploma?

Not only is this hilarious, but I have noticed for the first time on FJ the particular phrase that is currently above your profile pic. I rarely even notice those, whatever they are called. "I crochet sanitary products" is brilliant.

• Upvote 7

Pre-"something" simply means a collection of prerequisites to get accepted into another program. It is not a degree. Many people choose to get a degree while they're taking these prerequisites.  Someone who is taking their pre-med classes may to choose to major in something like biology at the same time. If the only thing she did is complete the prerequisites to get accepted into the nursing program then she really did waste her time and money because they don't add up to a degree and she didnt bother going further. 

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Pre-"something" simply means a collection of prerequisites to get accepted into another program. It is not a degree. Many people choose to get a degree while they're taking these prerequisites.  Someone who is taking their pre-med classes may to choose to major in something like biology at the same time. If the only thing she did is complete the prerequisites to get accepted into the nursing program then she really did waste her time and money because they don't add up to a degree and she didnt bother going further. 

Except it is a degree in this case. She either got an AA or an AS: https://www.gmc.edu/academic-programs/pre-nursing.cms

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

19 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

And never will be! 

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

If the only thing she did is complete the prerequisites to get accepted into the nursing program then she really did waste her time and money because they don't add up to a degree and she didnt bother going further. 

Many people believe that education is never a “waste of time and money.” It helped Lauren decide that she didn’t want a career in that field. Hopefully more education will make her a better homeschool teacher.  She gave college a try which is more than any of the Duggars have been willing to do.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

It just seems strange to me to get an associates degree in pre-nursing when you can become an RN with an associates degree in nursing and an LPN with less education.  Anyone with more nursing-related experience want to explain why that could make sense?

• Upvote 1

The specialized AA/AS degrees can actually be really helpful. A lot of people have gone and gotten general associate's degrees and then transferred to a four year program and expected that they could get done in just another two years. But then they find out they should have taken some extra class earlier on and actually have to go an extra semester or year. 

My degree is in education, and there were two classes you had to take prior to getting into the program which lasted your junior and senior year. One was only offered in the fall, the other only in the spring. More coordination between community colleges and universities is really helpful so students don't waste time or money.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic