IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

When I was a teen, there was an hbo movie or series about abortion, I don't remember the name. It followed several women, one of whom was portrayed by Demi Moore. They all had illegal abortions. That really had an impact on me and made me a firmly pro-choice. We have no idea why a woman might be pursuing an abortion, and frankly, it's no one's business but her own. Women will try to terminate pregnancies, whether it's illegal or not. And when that happens, the woman puts herself in great danger. 

• Upvote 19

18 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

When I was a teen, there was an hbo movie or series about abortion, I don't remember the name. It followed several women, one of whom was portrayed by Demi Moore. They all had illegal abortions. That really had an impact on me and made me a firmly pro-choice. We have no idea why a woman might be pursuing an abortion, and frankly, it's no one's business but her own. Women will try to terminate pregnancies, whether it's illegal or not. And when that happens, the woman puts herself in great danger. 

I saw this also.  It was called If These Walls Could Talk. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

Fluffernutter, I remember that show,it was  "If These Walls Could Talk".

And you're right.If abortions were or are illegal,women will still find a way to have them.They used to call them Back Alley Abortions.

I'm Pro Choice.I have been thinking about the disasters that could happen should abortions be illegal again.

Does that include a woman who's life is in  grave danger?What about a partial miscarriage?She could get sepsis.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I saw this also.  It was called If These Walls Could Talk. 

Yes! That's it. They should re-air it.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Yes! That's it. They should re-air it.  

Or maybe do an updated version of it. It was done in 1996. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s a girl for these two. Joe and Kendra are also having a girl

Going off of Lauren's dress here and Anna's dress in recent photos I saw of her and Michelle AND Jessa's and Michelle's dresses in the photo of them and Ivy with Grandma Mary (flower crown photos) I'm definitely thinking that Jessa had Ivy before the big planned photo shoot for all 5 of the expecting couples. 

• Upvote 4

So Smuggers, Siren and Joken are all having girls this time. Wonder if Joy and Austin will find out this time, and share. 

• Upvote 6

To add to the abortion topic: 

Never forget that sex is not only recreational or procreational. It’s also a bartering tool, a means of earning money, a healing tool, a ways of connection etc. 

For some women, sex is necessary to maintaining some sort of safety net, or helps maintain their relationships which they need to survive. A lot of women in these situations have little to no access to birth control & other contraceptives. This in addition to the already abysmal state of sex education. 

So to the poster who thinks people are irresponsible, it’s waaaayy more complicated than that. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Of course, but I was replying to @Melissa1977 who said that married are the ones who relax about birth control.

Sorry! I promise I know how to read. ?

• Upvote 2

Damn so its girl season for the Duggars.  Ugh, rufus bless those poor children being born into this messed up cult 

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So Smuggers, Siren and Joken are all having girls this time. Wonder if Joy and Austin will find out this time, and share. 

Oh joy. Three more innocent girls who will most likely be forced to raise their siblings, denied adequate educations, have limited life options, and eventually be auctioned off to the highest bidder for an adult life of pregnancies, screaming newborns, under-educating their own children at the SOTDRT, and eventual laundry room meltdowns that lead to the miraculous appearance of Laundry Fairies and Sister-Moms. 

You know I think things are bleak for these kids when I start to really believe the Dillard kids might end up having it better than most of their Duggar cousins will. 

• Upvote 28

I definitely think the Dillard boys will have more opportunities in life. Plus at this point, their public exposure is far below the others.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh joy. Three more innocent girls who will most likely be forced to raise their siblings, denied adequate educations, have limited life options, and eventually be auctioned off to the highest bidder for an adult life of pregnancies, screaming newborns, under-educating their own children at the SOTDRT, and eventual laundry room meltdowns that lead to the miraculous appearance of Laundry Fairies and Sister-Moms. 

And “adult life” is putting it generously, given the way Lauren and Kendra’s creepy parents groomed them to be all-but-child brides. (If the theme of your wedding ceremony is your pony named Princess, you may be too young!!)

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

For some reason I never considered the baby being a boy. Lauren is so breathy and mouse like, I can only see her with a quiet, mouse like little girl. Dressed in very traditional/old fashion clothes. Her whole personality just reminds me of baby’s breath flowers. 

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I definitely think the Dillard boys will have more opportunities in life. Plus at this point, their public exposure is far below the others.

I would say that Jilly is posting a lot more photos and info about her kids on youtube, blogs and other social media than Kendra. And it's easy to find. You can search youtube for "Israel dillard playing in the garden/gets his diaper changed/sleeping in the car" or whatever. 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

This was excellent.  There’s an “If These Walls Could Talk 2” with Ellen Degeneres, too. 

So good. I have them on DVD

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

It’s a girl for these two. Joe and Kendra are also having a girl

91ABD0E0-2E9E-478B-9588-53D1557A96E0.jpeg

This is total BEC but is there a reason that they make these announcements, or make promotional posts, outside without wearing sunglasses? If it's really bright outside pictures of me look like I'm grimacing like these two. Jill also posts those squinty pictures - can't she get a promotional pair of sunglasses from Citrus & Lemon to shill? Maybe I'm just projecting because when it's really bright outside it's almost painful for me to be out without sunglasses on.

Edited by Cat Damon
repeated myself

8 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I would say that Jilly is posting a lot more photos and info about her kids on youtube, blogs and other social media than Kendra. And it's easy to find. You can search youtube for "Israel dillard playing in the garden/gets his diaper changed/sleeping in the car" or whatever. 

This is true, but I do think there’s a difference. JoKen (and most of the others) are having their lives made public via TLC, meaning they likely don’t have much control over what is filmed and aired - whereas the Dills have complete control over what they share. Unfortunately, the Dills have no common sense and we end up knowing stuff we really shouldn’t. There’s a chance they could always learn to filter that stuff out (I’m not overly optimistic about that) - not being on the show at least offers them the chance to decide what is and isn’t public though.

That said, I still think their kids have a better shot than most of the others. They won’t grow up constantly seeing themselves on television or on magazines. They won’t grow up with easy TLC money - I don’t doubt the other families have at least one parent working outside TLC in some capacity, but the Dill boys might have a better shot at understanding that most people don’t get paid just to have someone film their lives. They’re currently watching their father attend an actual college in pursuit of a higher education (not like Felicity watching her father move the family to California so he can attend a shady Seminary.) If Derick succeeds in earning his Law degree and passing the Bar Exam, then their family could enjoy a reliable and decent standard of living - without relying on reality television money - as a result. 

Their father has also been very clear about how he hopes they (or at least Izzy) follow in his footsteps by becoming Pistol Pete, which means they’d have to attend Oklahoma State - and that also means they’d have to have the educational background necessary for that to even be possible. If he’s serious about that then the boys will either need a much better homeschooling curriculum than their mother got or they’ll need to eventually attend brick and mortar schools. Either way, that’s a win for those kids if it happens. Additionally, their parents aren’t having babies as quickly as some of their mother’s siblings are, meaning their parents will continue to have more time and resources to focus on them without necessarily having to rely on their oldest kids for help with the youngest ones. That’s something that might not be possible for their cousins depending on how many siblings are eventually added to each family. They have an extended family on their father’s side that they appear close to and that includes college educated people and women who work outside the home, which could potentially normalize both things for them. Their parents also own their own home now, which could provide stability for them as they grow up. 

I do think the Dill kids still face some obstacles, mostly just due to having parents who are kind of idiots at times. I do honestly think they have a better chance at having more options in life than most of their cousins do though. I hope we aren’t still talking about them in 20 years, but it’d be interesting to see how things play out for the various grandkids.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I'm kind of intrested to see how much Joy & Austin will be featured this next season, they weren't on last season at all except for 1 or 2 talking heads. They are very spotty on social media as well. 

• Upvote 1

Link to the US article if you must know more.  How'd I miss the JoKen reveal?  Oh right, I don't care that much.  But damn I feel so sorry for these little girls.  May one of them or all of them join together, to break free. (Lead the pack, Felicity).

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/josiah-duggar-lauren-swanson-reveal-sex-of-first-child/

Or maybe JoKen and JoyStin will take a step away from social media?  One can dream...

• Upvote 4

I was still trapped in fundy land when I had my tubes tied and the Church had an absolute shit fit. :shocked:    Screw them, nobody tells me what to do, I know what I need and they don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground.  I think they were very afraid I’d corrupt the other wimmins and I want you all to know I did my very best to do just that!!!

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic