IGNORED

Chick-fil-A won’t stop donating to anti-LGBTQ groups

47of74

Yeah you go with that Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A says it has no plans to stop donating the company’s money to anti-LGBTQ organizations, arguing that funding discriminatory groups is part of a “higher calling.”

The fast food chain has been under fire from activists and lawmakers for donating millions of dollars to organizations that oppose LGBTQ rights.

Its refusal to cease the donations has led to Chick-fil-A restaurants being banned or removed from a number of spaces across the country, including a university in New Jersey and San Antonio International Airport.

But Rodney Bullard, vice president of corporate social responsibility at Chick-fil-A and executive director of the Chick-fil-A Foundation, told Business Insider that the company won’t be stopping the flow of money any time soon.

Yeah next time I'll go to a Chick-fil-A is five minutes after hell freezes over.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

That is horrible, we don't have chick-fil-A here but we did I would definitely be boycotting it. I work in fast food and if the company I worked with decided to donate to any hate group, I would be handing my notice in. 

I wish people would move with the times and open their minds

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

I had Chik-fil-A once, I think 2011. It was alright -- still don't understand what everyone was raving about.

And then I found out how they like to use their funds, and my wallet will definitely never be opened in that restaurant again.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

They came to Syracuse(about an hour away)a year or so ago.  Wouldn’t go there even if I could.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I worked for the company for almost 9 years. I was a kid, 19, when I started and I didn’t know much about them. They aren’t a great company to work for. Every store is owned and operated by a different person. Non of the owners I worked for cared about anything other than the almighty dollar. I get that they are a private company and can give their money to whoever they want but what would Jesus do? He loved and helped everyone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

I had Chik-fil-A once, I think 2011. It was alright -- still don't understand what everyone was raving about.

And then I found out how they like to use their funds, and my wallet will definitely never be opened in that restaurant again.

I ate Chik-fil-A up until I was in my late teens, and I don't understand the hype either. You can get good chicken and fries elsewhere.

• Love 4

Yeah my wallet is so tight it damn near ignites either in or within the vicinity of chick-fil-a places. I had some food from there a couple times but even before VSG or knowing what they stood for I wasn’t that big of a fan.

I like fried food occasionally now but my stomach still says fornicate you to me if I eat too much and even before surgery I wasn’t a big fan of flash fry buffalo joints like they are.
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I ate Chik-fil-A up until I was in my late teens, and I don't understand the hype either. You can get good chicken and fries elsewhere.

I think that Chik-Fil-A's fries suck.  They're waffle fries and they are NEVER hot.  It's probably has been at least 20 years since I've eaten there. I don't miss it at all. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I think that Chik-Fil-A's fries suck.  They're waffle fries and they are NEVER hot.  It's probably has been at least 20 years since I've eaten there. I don't miss it at all. 

I find that waffle fries are never crispy enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I admit to having been in line on the day that people were supposed to support them a few years ago.  We were still attempting Fundy then, but I realized later that I was wrong about so many things.  I'm not making excuses, I did what I did then and attempted to believe what I attempted to believe.  But, if that were to happen now I would most certainly NOT be buying food there.  I have only eaten there once or twice since then, but I really don't intend to eat there again.  Not just because their food isn't very good - the sandwiches are ok but the fries are grody, however I do like their carrot-raisin salad that they used to have.  But I'm not going to give them anymore of my $, and that IS because of their policies.  I admit I was wrong before.

• Upvote 2

This article is pretty biased and doesn’t accurately portray the purpose of CFA’s giving.

While there’s no disputing CFA’s charitable foundation, not the company itself, donates to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army, here is a more balanced article on the subject.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-explains-donations-groups-considered-anti-gay-2019-5

On May 19, 2019 at 2:14 PM, AmericanRose said:

I agree. Greasy chicken, cold waffle fries, nasty honey mustard sauce... I think the food sucks. But pretty much everyone else I know loves the place. The one in my small town just had to add another parking lot because they are so incredibly busy all the time. Like 40+ cars in the lot and the drive thru lined up around the building and out on the road. I really try to avoid it if at all possible. There are some times I'm with people and it's that or not eat, but I wouldn't ever choose to go there myself - because of the food and because they suck.

Some of my friends who like the food call it "tasty bigotry". They try not to go often, either, but occasionally will. My sister and her husband will hit up several of them on the "dress like a cow, get free chicken" day, and have food for a few days worth of leftovers for free. They ask me every year, and I always say no. It's not worth the time to me to dress like a cow to get free mediocre at best chicken. 

• Upvote 2

I don't understand the Chick-Fil-A love. I went to one when we traveled to somewhere that had one, and it was a waste of a meal. We could have gone anywhere and I chose chikfila because of curiosity and it was so bland and boring. I now get vetoed when I try to get us to fast food type places we don't have in our homestate as it was so depressing. There are just so many better food options out in the world. 

• Upvote 4

I would go to Chick Fil A and plug up the toilets with nectarines (found out when kid was little they plug a toilet perfectly).  Deep down I’m still 12.

• Downvote 1

I ended up eating it recently. Family members bought it for everyone, and since my choices were eat the food that had already been paid for or go hungry, I ate it. It was a chicken sandwich. The fries were mediocre. The homophobia makes the already so-so food taste worse. I'm baffled by how much people like it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I know my sister and brother in law would want to go there when we visit but I’d call horseshit on that and insist on something we didn’t have at home that was preferably non chain.

• Upvote 2

It's been years since I've eaten there, and I thought it was overrated. There are better chicken sandwiches at other places. More recently, a step sister and her family had gotten food there

Spoiler

and they found a plastic glove that got mixed into the batter that the chicken was fried in.

Even though they agree with the company's beliefs, they will never eat there again after that.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Disgust 5