IGNORED

Darnell Nathaniel VISION FORUM PHILLIPS SUPPORTER / Long-time hate monger is running for office :(

Nolongeroppressed8.4

2 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

VF groupie whose mother on Facebook is friends with Bealle and Bradrick!

Wait, the Latter Day VFers are still in contact with Bradrick after the divorce?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Most states have reciprocal bar so they will accept CA’s results. Frankly, CA is more stringent with its exams so someone who can pass that bar has an excellent chance of doing well elsewhere.

A lot of states do have reciprocity, but I thought California was rather notorious for not being one of them?

• Upvote 1

A lot of the early grads of OBCL were people who didn't "fit" in Gothards system, the ones who asked questions and were seen as "rebellious". Others were on a second career (like James Pennington) and thought it would strengthen their ability to stand and argue against the government.  Others had dreams of being constitutional lawyers and bringing America to a theocracy with their brilliant legal minds. Some graduated school, passed the bar, and decided the didn't like being a lawyer. Some of the idealists never finished school or passed the bar because their ideology clouded their ability to see more than one side of an issue. 

Many, many of the others passed the bar, found a state with reciprocity and took the bar there also. Others found no reciprocity in their home state and took another job. Many others moved to California to practice. I know of at least 4-5 OBCL grads who have worked successfully for legal aid organizations. Believe it, or not, but there are conservatives with compassion for those who cannot afford legal assistance. And yes, it means they work with liberals, conservatives, libertarians, female bosses, and also state legislators, county representatives, city planners, the State bar association, federal judges,  and even members of Congress. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, Palimpsest said:

James Pennington is another Oak Brook grad.  He passed the Bar in CA but, last time I looked, had not passed in TX nor was he practicing there as an attorney.

Yes, but.  You don't need to have passed the Texas bar to sue the IRS, which James Pennington did successfully.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has assisted clients in suing the IRS/Feds over who-knows-what related to Sovereign Citizen/libertarian/wingnut crap. 

He is a solo practice CPA, so lawyer-ing isn't his primary source of income. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Just now, Howl said:

Yes, but.  You don't need to have passed the Texas bar to sue the IRS, which James Pennington did successfully.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has assisted clients in suing the IRS/Feds. 

He is a solo practice CPA, so lawyer-ing isn't his primary source of income. 

Yes, James Pennington challenged the IRS long before he even graduated to law school.  It had to do with him evading taxes on his "family church" AKA the Anchor Group, IIRC.  And he won. 

He's been a solo CPA for many years.  He only added the attorney at law bit a couple of years ago when he graduated Oak Brook and passed the CA bar.  I should look him up again to see whether he is practicing as an attorney in TX now. 

And looks as though he is: https://www.penningtontaxlaw.com/services

And here's his petition to quash the IRS summons back in 2010:  

http://courtweb.pamd.uscourts.gov/CourtWebSearch/txwd/05799626.pdf

I think one of the Pennington sons is also studying law through Oak Brook now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Wait, the Latter Day VFers are still in contact with Bradrick after the divorce?

I have no idea which VF Groupie @Nolongeroppressed8.4 means but Bradrick! was not ostracised by everyone VF post-divorce.  He still seems to be in contact with his family, and is using his VF preaching skills to sell real estate.  His facebook is public and you may recognise a few names on his Friends list and in the comments.

@Nolongeroppressed8.4, I haven't followed Darnell for quite a long time.  I think he had a job doing estate planning for seniors (I looked at that one sideways) before he moved on to selling insurance.  I'm sure he is ruthless.

I hope any woman he goes after researches his background and runs like hell.  

Also, is the divorced brother Creation Ministries Joseph, who seems to be getting married soon.  I never paid much attention to Natty's siblings.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

Sleuthing FB, Joseph is Natty's bro.

Joe's FB profile shows him with a pretty young woman and 2 young children I assume are his.  If you scroll down the posts there is one from Dec 21 -- obligatory couple head shot with woman showing off her ring.  All the comments are "congratulations."

Sooooooo ... if Joe is 15 months out from his divorce, in Dec he was 10 months out when he got engaged. If I were a cynic (who me?!) I'd think Joe had wife #2 scoped out before finalizing the divorce from wife #1.

Anyone know if he has custody, because the FB pics seem to imply that he does.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Howl said:

An epiphany is a wonderful thing.  Is anything known about her?  Is she escaping fundy-dom?

Quite escaped. Lutheran. several tattoos  (gasp haha). She’s living on her own, has a good job and seems to be pretty normal if not scarred and trying to recover from decades of mental and emotional abuse — if not more.

Still harassed by them I’ve heard through the grapevine. Recently she was lied about and the two kids (somewhere around 10?) were paraded in a public forum on facebook by the soon to be stepmom/new wife. 

3 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Sleuthing FB, Joseph is Natty's bro.

Joe's FB profile shows him with a pretty young woman and 2 young children I assume are his.  If you scroll down the posts there is one from Dec 21 -- obligatory couple head shot with woman showing off her ring.  All the comments are "congratulations."

Sooooooo ... if Joe is 15 months out from his divorce, in Dec he was 10 months out when he got engaged. If I were a cynic (who me?!) I'd think Joe had wife #2 scoped out before finalizing the divorce from wife #1.

Anyone know if he has custody, because the FB pics seem to imply that he does.

He does have joint custody of the two kids with the mom. I think it was partially because the mom/ex wife was scared to death their horrible family would fight her so hard if she tried to get full custody. He tried to get full custody at the beginning of the divorce proceedings claiming he had more rights (you know, because he is a man?) and she felt backed into a corner because she had limited funds to hire an attorney and I heard their church was against her for leaving him. I guess she was just supposed to pray harder he would stop being psychologically abusive?

54 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I have no idea which VF Groupie @Nolongeroppressed8.4 means but Bradrick! was not ostracised by everyone VF post-divorce.  He still seems to be in contact with his family, and is using his VF preaching skills to sell real estate.  His facebook is public and you may recognise a few names on his Friends list and in the comments.

@Nolongeroppressed8.4, I haven't followed Darnell for quite a long time.  I think he had a job doing estate planning for seniors (I looked at that one sideways) before he moved on to selling insurance.  I'm sure he is ruthless.

Also, is the divorced brother Creation Ministries Joseph, who seems to be getting married soon.  I never paid much attention to Natty's siblings.

Her name is Amber Smith and she’s from OR. 36 and has been lauded for her waiting on god’s timing (and a not-quite-divorced guy). ?

I heard Joey’s been living with his parents and Natty since the divorce claiming he couldn’t afford child support or to live on his own. But a week before his wedding there was a moving taking place to a house. So i guess it was actually that he didn’t want to cook and clean (that’s women’s work!)? ???

• Upvote 7

58 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh and yes, Bradrick! is still on many of their friends’ lists — you know because of his “loyalty and integrity.” (Quotes from googling his real estate business).... ? 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Oh and yes, Bradrick! is still on many of their friends’ lists — you know because of his “loyalty and integrity.” (Quotes from googling his real estate business).... ? 

Bradrick! is many bad things but I am still going to give him credit for being one of the gang of 5 who finally confronted Doug Phillips in person.  That eventually lead to the demise of VF.

I think Bradrick! was shocked to the core by his idol's angry response.  So much for Matthew 18.  And the walls came tumbling down.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

I heard Joey’s been living with his parents and Natty since the divorce claiming he couldn’t afford child support or to live on his own. But a week before his wedding there was a moving taking place to a house.

But is this remarriage Biblical as he still has a living former wife?  :angry-tappingfoot:

These Fundies and their hypocrisy ...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I think one of the Pennington sons is also studying law through Oak Brook now. 

IIRC, it was (is) the oldest son.  If his dad is smart enough to have passed the CPA exam back in the day and pass the CA and TX bar exams, he should be able to mentor #1 Son to success.  However, #1 Son was not exposed to college coursework or a public education, so hard to say how much he's been exposed to critical thinking or understanding how to process complex information. 

Chris posted a sweet fam pic on fb with herself, Faith, and two of the brothers, noting that although their beliefs and lives are different and they are scattered here and there, they are still close.  

Also, Chris is 85 followers away from 10,000 followers on Instagram and would like to reach that significant threshold.  Any of y'all that would like to help her meet this important goal,  follow her @theepicplace (The Epic Place). 

• Thank You 5

So, alrighty now.  Joseph Darnell has multiple posts on his fb page about how he studied what the Bible said about separation and divorce, which he's helpfully put on youtube, so us heathens can follow along on how he rationalized divorce and remarriage and, of course, GOD AGREES with Joseph!  If you want to follow along, just go to his youtube channel. 

So the adultery part.  I don't know if there was adultery, or if he just mentioned it because it's in the Bible. 

Edited by Howl
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 2

When is the wedding and what's the over under on when new wifey announces she's pregnant?  

I say new baby is born 10.5 months after the wedding.  At which point this new baby will become the favorite child -- because new wifey is all godly/submissive/ etc.

The 2 older children will be shunted off to ungodly divorced tatooed single mom unsubmissive old wife.  Who God was so so happy and totally on board with Joe divorcing. 

In fact that 1st marriage wasn't a real marriage at all.  In 2-3 years the story will be there was no 1st marriage, and there are no older children.

For examples see:  Richard Roberts (Oral's son) and John Hagee. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Bradrick! is many bad things but I am still going to give him credit for being one of the gang of 5 who finally confronted Doug Phillips in person.  That eventually lead to the demise of VF.

I think Bradrick! was shocked to the core by his idol's angry response.  So much for Matthew 18.  And the walls came tumbling down.

Except Bradrick! Has his own skeleton-full closet........ ever wonder how and why he ends up on one side of the country while his kids are on the other? 

39 minutes ago, Howl said:

So, alrighty now.  Joseph Darnell has multiple posts on his fb page about how he studied what the Bible said about separation and divorce, which he's helpfully put on youtube, so us heathens can follow along on how he rationalized divorce and remarriage and, of course, GOD AGREES with Joseph!  If you want to follow along, just go to his youtube channel. 

So the adultery part.  I don't know if there was adultery, or if he just mentioned it because it's in the Bible. 

He probably claimed there must have been adultery because why else would a woman leave a man? Oh wait he actually said that..... ?

There was no adultery. She got fed up and left and he went ballistic. I heard  a couple people who barely knew him got sent texts where he was like hi remember me it’s been awhile so this is what my wife is doing isn’t she awful. From all appearances, she has completely lost most if not all connection to anyone because of his tales. Sad how people can’t even bother to find out her side. One person he reached out to said he claimed she was into pagan stuff. ? Someone else was told she didn’t want kids (probably because she didn’t churn out 12 in 12 years like a good fundy wife). The whole D family is weird.

Did any of you ever see any of Natty’s “dates” with his much younger sister? Complete with hand holding. Look through his FB photos. 

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Except Bradrick! Has his own skeleton-full closet........ ever wonder how and why he ends up on one side of the country while his kids are on the other? 

Oh, believe me, we covered all of that in all its gruesome detail.  There must be 2 or 3 threads in the archives. 

We are not keen at all on Scott Brown either, for obvious reasons.

We wish Kelly the best and hope she has now married a much better man.  We haven't been able to find much info on her recently.

• I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh, believe me, we covered all of that in all its gruesome detail.  There must be 2 or 3 threads in the archives. 

We are not keen at all on Scott Brown either, for obvious reasons.

We wish Kelly the best and hope she has now married a much better man.  We haven't been able to find much info on her recently.

I imagine she’s happy to be out of he limelight, poor thing. 

• I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Howl said:

of course, GOD AGREES with Joseph! 

Of course, He does. :pb_rollseyes:

The Darnell genes only seem to produce males who are worthless pieces of shit.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

A lot of states do have reciprocity, but I thought California was rather notorious for not being one of them?

It is the other way around- he is in GA and GA does accept the CA.

• Thank You 4

One person he reached out to said he claimed she was into pagan stuff. ?

Dude, LUTHERANS! You can't get much more pagan than Lutherans. 

Someone else was told she didn’t want kids

There's always a parenthetical message with these things that points at the truth:  She didn't want (more) kids (WITH HIM). 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

It is the other way around- he is in GA and GA does accept the CA.

But Nellie, you have missed a vital piece of information:  Darnell failed to pass the CA bar numerous times!  And then he gave up.  

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

But Nellie, you have missed a vital piece of information:  Darnell failed to pass the CA bar numerous times!  And then he gave up.  

No, I got that! I meant he was trying to pass that since GA won't accept an unaccredited out of state online law school and he wanted to get licensed there!

• Upvote 3

This is totally out of my wheelhouse (not a lawyer, or a resident of California), but I thought I remembered reading that one of the (many) downsides of non-ABA approved online diploma mills, such as Oak Brook, was that even if you pass California's notoriously difficult bar, it's hard to practice in other states.

The answers here don't sound very encouraging:

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/online-law-degree-worth--can-i-get-jd-in-californi-4096642.html

80398135_Screenshot_2019-05-20OnlineLawDegreeworthCanIgetJDinCalifo-QA-Avvo.png.1ff8d9ee2bc5b260494f2972b7c8baaf.png

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-you-pass-the-bar-in-california-which-states-bes-2130536.html

1078833595_Screenshot_2019-05-20IfyoupassthebarinCaliforniawhichstates-QA-Avvo.thumb.png.1d91d9ff3fedd9cb4102c88677ceda3f.png

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

@Leftitinmysnood again, you missed my point. My point is that most legal aid organizations are not going to hire fourth rate online law school grads. We typically have our pick except in the more rural areas. I asked to which organizations you refer.  Not only that, the mission of legal aid does not intellectually jibe with dominionist nonsense. What you are saying does not make a lot if sense from the organizations’ perspective.

LOL he literally assumes the role of Captain America in his concession speech... 

last-minute smear attacks, and the barrage of misinformation that was projected

Gotta love his righteous outrage. I'm just surprised by the low number of exclamation points. . . . . ?

1730262370_ScreenShot2019-05-20at3_10_29PM.png.fbe461f732139f0b0523b9db81f442de.png

Am I the only one who thinks that picture of him in front of his fake desk background is cringey?

965442695_ScreenShot2019-05-20at3_13_45PM.png.51ac62b680ad884746f471dc7724cb37.png

OH and FUNNY........ ending a sentence with a preposition? No wonder he lost...to a (real) college graduate with a degree in accounting. LOL 

Looks like the whole fundy family turned out to watch his opponent win. I'm thinking the brothers are like 34 or 35 and 26 or 27? And the sister is like 24. All of them are unmarried (the middle brother is divorced) and live at home last I heard.

1880390355_ScreenShot2019-05-20at3_19_33PM.png.77763070b7dddc6484d36b2d6a1a579f.png

• Thank You 7