Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Status Updates Bug Read more... ×
Nolongeroppressed8.4

Darnell Nathaniel VISION FORUM PHILLIPS SUPPORTER / Long-time hate monger is running for office :(

Recommended Posts

Tired
Palimpsest

SOTDRT for the win.  

Didn't Natty Darnell once write an antichoice fictional where the fetus fluttered in its mother's breast not her womb? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hair, Black Dress

That's right up there with the TAM's quack doctor husband "knowing" that a woman can carry an ectopic pregnancy to term (because he's seen it)

  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DomWackTroll
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Didn't Natty Darnell once write an antichoice fictional where the fetus fluttered in its mother's breast not her womb? 

Not anatomically correct, perhaps, but oh-so ladylike! Who was the editor, Becky Morecraft? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marian the Librarian

Bumping to report that Natty has endorsed "VidAngel" on his Facebook page:

Quote

Over the last few months it’s honestly been a bit disappointing to see some friends and other appreciated associates who identify themselves as Christians deciding to publicly promote popular programming known for depicting such disturbing content as nudity, adultery, and other forms of perversions. If we really think that in order to engage the culture we must be familiar with and critique some of these things in pop culture, the least we can do is take advantage of resources like VidAngel to filter out the defiling content. I realize we all (including myself) struggle with these kinds of things at times, but let us not become jaded...Check out VidAngel to filter out obscenities, profanities, nudity, adultery, and other forms of immorality depicted in popular streaming shows and movies.

Publicly promoting popular programming picturing perversions and profanity! :pearlclutching::pearlclutching::pearlclutching:

In homage to Albert Brooks in "Broadcast News," that's a lot of alliteration from nosy Nattie, fumigating films for fundies!

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug

@Marian the Librarian, you are now, and have long been, the queen of feisty fun ... commentary.  (I can’t out-do you!)

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DomWackTroll
4 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Over the last few months it’s honestly been a bit disappointing to see some friends and other appreciated associates who identify themselves as Christians deciding to publicly promote popular programming known for depicting such disturbing content as nudity, adultery, and other forms of perversions.

I think that so much of this is about Game of Thrones. You just know that so many of our VF-ers tried to stay away from it, but wound up zombie-walking toward the tube while chanting, "Costumes... Must... Have... Costumes!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Katzchen24
Posted (edited)

This thread and all that goes before it has been an eye-opener. I went there on Joseph Darnell's 'Biblical Divorce and Separation video - I was doing the dishes and thought it would entertain me.

JD requested counselling. She said “I just don’t care any more”. Seems fair to me.

His FIL recommended he give her an ultimatum. Thanks Dad.

She hung in through 5 counselling sessions and then refused more. No details on who the counsellor was, or what sort of counselling it was.

“……. I hadn’t realised a day would come when I would have to understand divorce.” Because no male fundie would believe their wife might escape.

“In the end, many people rely on traditions that don’t represent a biblical view of separation.”  Which I interpret to mean 'I was desperately searching any means to justify my divorce and let me marry a VF young thing.'

He goes on to talk about how he found a lot of inspiration from a preacher named Robert Waters of Arkansas. I downloaded the document he referenced if anyone is interested, but I didn’t want to post it here. I don’t pretend to understand half of what was written so won't try to summarise it. Feel free to DM if you want a copy.

Word salad word salad word salad word salad until I just couldn't any more....

Basically, he looked at different versions of the Bible and different translations of different words and texts until he could find something that suited him.

And voila - a biblical divorce of his very own.

Edited by Katzchen24
Dodgy punctuation
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
8 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

This thread and all that goes before it has been an eye-opener. I went there on Joseph Darnell's 'Biblical Divorce and Separation video - I was doing the dishes and thought it would entertain me.

JD requested counselling. She said “I just don’t care any more”. Seems fair to me.

His FIL recommended he give her an ultimatum. Thanks Dad.

She hung in through 5 counselling sessions and then refused more. No details on who the counsellor was, or what sort of counselling it was.

“……. I hadn’t realised a day would come when I would have to understand divorce.” Because no male fundie would believe their wife might escape.

“In the end, many people rely on traditions that don’t represent a biblical view of separation.”  Which I interpret to mean 'I was desperately searching any means to justify my divorce and let me marry a VF young thing.'

He goes on to talk about how he found a lot of inspiration from a preacher named Robert Waters of Arkansas. I downloaded the document he referenced if anyone is interested, but I didn’t want to post it here. I don’t pretend to understand half of what was written so won't try to summarise it. Feel free to DM if you want a copy.

Word salad word salad word salad word salad until I just couldn't any more....

Basically, he looked at different versions of the Bible and different translations of different words and texts until he could find something that suited him.

And voila - a biblical divorce of his very own.

😂 Yes. And I’ve heard from several sources that the FIL comment was a bald faced lie...... 

They all love Braveheart so much yet fail to realize that’s the dream: freeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooommmmm!

And yes. Do the timeline and you’ll see he was actually pursuing miss VF before his divorce was even finalized. LOL Good thing he figured out God was okay with it. 

10 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think that so much of this is about Game of Thrones. You just know that so many of our VF-ers tried to stay away from it, but wound up zombie-walking toward the tube while chanting, "Costumes... Must... Have... Costumes!" 

Oh yes. They’re so quick to hate Game of Thrones and all this other inappropriate content while their computers are loaded down and downloaded up with all the porn they can find. 😂

Check out the Instagrams for Joseph Darnell and his new thing Amber (she was soon to be Mrs Darnell and I think at the wedding it changed to Amberkdarnell) ... but she wasn’t desperate or anything. Lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antipatriarch
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

“……. I hadn’t realised a day would come when I would have to understand divorce.” Because no male fundie would believe their wife might escape.

“In the end, many people rely on traditions that don’t represent a biblical view of [...]"

This brings to mind the recent kerfuffle on the show "The Bachelorette". Apparently this season's star kicked one of the contestants to the curb because he insisted she "stay pure" as he has been doing since his conversion.

What I found most interesting from the accounts I've read was exactly the attitude you mentioned, above. "Let's talk about sex." (Translation: Let me tell you how it's going to be if you want me to stick around.) And then after she demurred: "Can I just explain..." "I think you owe me a chance to..." "Can I just pray for..." There was this fundie entitlement woven all through it: You claim to be a Christian, and that means that if we're on this path together, as the man I get a say (the controlling say, actually) in your decisions.

And she was having none of it.

Edited by Antipatriarch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nolongeroppressed8.4
23 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

This brings to mind the recent kerfuffle on the show "The Bachelorette". Apparently this season's star kicked one of the contestants to the curb because he insisted she "stay pure" as he has been doing since his conversion.

What I found most interesting from the accounts I've read was exactly the attitude you mentioned, above. "Let's talk about sex." (Translation: Let me tell you how it's going to be if you want me to stick around.) And then after she demurred: "Can I just explain..." "I think you owe me a chance to..." "Can I just pray for..." There was this fundie entitlement woven all through it: You claim to be a Christian, and that means that if we're on this path together, as the man I get a say (the controlling say, actually) in your decisions.

And she was having none of it.

This is how marriage goes in this world: Woman does all the work around the house (God commands this somewhere, right?). Woman does all the work to care for the kids -- as many as she can be impregnated with on an annual basis (despite Biblically most men having a dozen kids BY MULTIPLE WOMEN, look in the Bible and you'll find 2-4 kids pretty average per woman).

Woman should also find some way to make additional income for the family, but God forbid it be outside the house (Proverbs 31 is very clear that she considered and bought a field without leaving the home).

Woman should always look good for man, exercise and fix hair and makeup (without spending much money), always suck up to man, appreciate the man even when he's an ass, respect and honor the man and every decision he might make -- including leaving the family for extended periods of time during the week or month to spend time with his siblings, pursuing his hobbies, accepting "side work" that keeps him occupied but for very little additional income to the family.

He is permitted any vice, whether it is watching porn and ignoring his wife's advances, drinking large amounts of whiskey and smoking several cigars, often while having siblings or friends over at any time without warning, and at any hour of the day or night, to the point his family members can be in their house WHILE NO ONE IS HOME and that's not strange, how dare the wife think so. His family will always have their wishes met whether it is what day or time they will celebrate holidays and birthdays, but if his wife would like something alternate, nope. She can't have it.

She will be criticized for speaking her mind, having any opinions, or asking for assistance with any form of housework or child care. When she is asked to help at church, she's told she's giving up her duties to the family when in truth she is still doing EVERYTHING but at least now she can also have some fun conversation with other women, and set up for events (something she likes doing). 

She will end up providing for the family, outside the home which will be the reason ultimately their marriage breaks down. Or is it because he constantly berates her for not doing enough for the family when she gets home after 10 hours of work, and finds him napping and forgetting to take the kids to some event? Will it be because he tells lies to people about her or because she doesn't respect him enough?

Is the story that he put away his wife as God put Israel into captivity to teach her or a lesson or is it that she was a jezebel who rejected him (aka God) and left....

Marriage to a fundie is hell on earth. There is nothing worse. After over a decade of abuse (mental, emotional, spiritual is just as damaging as physical), no wonder she couldn't take it. I just feel bad for their kids.... Does anyone know how that's gone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×